Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

The Ferret King posted:

You can "prestige" now like in CoD. It resets your level and gives you a shiny medal to display. Of course, doing so does not again prohibit you from MM until level 3, that restriction is just for the first timers.

That person was level 40 at least once before.

Oops, he had a private profile so I couldn't tell. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
private csgo profile?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

BOT Zeus is 0-12 right now vs SK

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Navi going to go back to being poo poo again for the next 3 months

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cis scum, more like CIS scum. :getin:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Absorbs Smaller Goons posted:

private csgo profile?

You can only check their playtime in their steam profile, so I saw rank 1 and assumed it was a brand new account :shobon:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

fwiw you can see the medal on their CSGO thing

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
team played our first league match, was pretty fun

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
There's a really good VP-Fnatic game on right now and VP is not bad for the first time in like four months.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

sterster posted:

Wanted to come here and say a huge thank you to. Blue Man. Seriously. He's taking some basic gn1 plebs and trying to turn us into something better. Unfortunately I can't rank up to save my life even though I've only lost 1 and tied another of my past 8 games :iiam:

Ixtlilton is a cool dude, and we actually have a solid GN team going with him leading. I was Silver 2-3 before I started playing with him.

You'll rank soon Ster, I feel it in the air. (Just stop pushing so hard!!)

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-FmoTrKv3o

a few highlights from the aforementioned match

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 26, 2021

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

harrygomm posted:

"not bad" is relative i guess

Yeah, it's not like fnatic was close to losing either match. VP looked outclassed.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Famethrowa posted:

Ixtlilton is a cool dude, and we actually have a solid GN team going with him leading. I was Silver 2-3 before I started playing with him.

You'll rank soon Ster, I feel it in the air. (Just stop pushing so hard!!)

How else can I push the other team's poo poo in?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Gaben. It's Thursday again. I want to give you $15. Where's my loving Operation?

Bohemian Nights posted:

team played our first league match, was pretty fun

Nice. Is that a goon team or just some of your e-bros?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

fennesz posted:

Gaben. It's Thursday again. I want to give you $15. Where's my loving Operation?

Nice. Is that a goon team or just some of your e-bros?

The only goon is Depths from this very thread and some other norwegians

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

sterster posted:

How else can I push the other team's poo poo in?

As long as it doesn't end with my poo poo getting pushed in from CT arch side!

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

c9 vs CLG just started and C9 can't blame jet lag this time :getin:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

c9 vs CLG just started and C9 can't blame jet lag this time :getin:
Isn't C9's autoveto Cobble?

If so, hoo boy, this is gonna be a slaughter.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Bohemian Nights posted:

The only goon is Depths from this very thread and some other norwegians

Are you Swift?

Is that supposed to be obvious in screenshots? Because I can never tell who people are when their forums name doesn't match.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

symbolic posted:

Isn't C9's autoveto Cobble?

If so, hoo boy, this is gonna be a slaughter.

i believe the way ESL Pro League is it's a single blind ban for both teams then the rest of the pool is random. What is scary is that c9 think they are worse at a map than cbble.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

i believe the way ESL Pro League is it's a single blind ban for both teams then the rest of the pool is random. What is scary is that c9 think they are worse at a map than cbble.
NA teams loving suck at Inferno, so that was probably their ban.

Also C9s' actually doing quite well all things considered.

Also holy gently caress, jdm going 24-4 by round 14. :captainpop:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

JDM is 24-4 and just dropped an ace in perfect fashion, c9 is such trash.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

The Ferret King posted:

Are you Swift?

Is that supposed to be obvious in screenshots? Because I can never tell who people are when their forums name doesn't match.

Yeah, I am america's #1 pop/country singer songwriter with a heard of gold and you can also see the name is in bold on the scoreboard

Photex posted:

JDM is 24-4 and just dropped an ace in perfect fashion, c9 is such trash.

Yeah but that ace had some fukken sweet shots except for the effortless noscope on stewie when he jumped through the smoke like a moron

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

Yeah, I am america's #1 pop/country singer songwriter with a heard of gold and you can also see the name is in bold on the scoreboard

Yeah but that ace had some fukken sweet shots except for the effortless noscope on stewie when he jumped through the smoke like a moron

stewie is getting a crash course lesson in learning that FPL isn't pro CS.

edit:

WE LOST TO GLOCKS

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

stewie2k being a moron, what a surprise.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
freak 4-17 azoid

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

C9 shoulda jumped on the EU train and dropped n0thing for tarik and some random up-and-coming EU player instead of picking up stewie and making n0thing IGL.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kazinsal posted:

C9 shoulda jumped on the EU train and dropped n0thing for tarik and some random up-and-coming EU player instead of picking up stewie and making n0thing IGL.
An EU player joining an NA team has never worked out well. The only recent EU players were XP3, Devilwalk, and pyth for Winterfox.

And we all know how well Winterfox does.

e: Actually I forgot LEGIJA and gob b joined NRG. I think they won their first few matches, so maybe that curse will change??

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

symbolic posted:

stewie2k being a moron, what a surprise.

Yeah, a guy who hasn't played pro lan isn't doing great at first on pro games. Big surprise. Takes experience

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

gigawhite posted:

Yeah, a guy who hasn't played pro lan isn't doing great at first on pro games. Big surprise. Takes experience

except he has played on pro lan since joining 2016.

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
I am so thirsty for an update

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

RedQueen posted:

I am so thirsty for an update
So is everyone.

Watch the next update have no new operation, and the only main thing is glove skins.

Someone would light Valve HQ on fire.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Photex posted:

except he has played on pro lan since joining 2016.

One or two LANs don't make you a veteran, breh. That said gently caress C9. From what I've heard from sean and nothing it seems like everyone on the team but sean (rip) was lazy as gently caress and never watched demos or really trained outside of pugging. They deserve to get ground into the dirt if this is the case.

Freak doesn't know the console commands for infinite ammo or grenade trails FFS. If CS was literally my job, I'd know that poo poo inside and out.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 12, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

One or two LANs don't make you a veteran, breh. That said gently caress C9. From what I've heard from sean and nothing it seems like everyone on the team but sean (rip) was lazy as gently caress and never watched demos or really trained outside of pugging. They deserve to get ground into the dirt if this is the case.
I want to know when Echofox faces C9, because sean antistrating against his old team will be amazing to watch. :allears:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

So is everyone.

Watch the next update have no new operation, and the only main thing is glove skins.

Someone would light Valve HQ on fire.

Glove skins, lighter skins, and c4 skins. Maybe even defuse kit skins!

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
To be fair to c9, they did win both their maps and freak and stewie came alive in the second half of the first and did well in the second map.
But who give a poo poo this LG vs TL game is baller

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Phosphene posted:

To be fair to c9, they did win both their maps and freak and stewie came alive in the second half of the first and did well in the second map.
But who give a poo poo this LG vs TL game is baller

As weird as it is to say, I really like Freak's outlook on entry fragging. I just suspect that he has an extremely poor work ethic.

I really hope LG pulls this out.

e: Coldzera :vince:

fennesz fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 12, 2016

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

fennesz posted:

e: Coldzera :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

That was just nasty.