Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

This is the best post.

I'll have to make a :bootcha: one. I have no talent whatsoever, so in all probability it will be terrible, but it will happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

to the stimpire with your smilies

and not one of the good stimpires either, i'm talking about the fourth one

speaking of:

The story of the intrepid Goonship, Ramparp posted:

The saga continues!

WHATEVER WILL BECOME OF OUR BRAVE CREW

hail the stimperium

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Gilganixon posted:

speaking of:

The saga continues!

hail the stimperium

this is truly the best thread

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
There had better be explicit rape or my immersion will just be ruined. But only if it's also somehow consensual.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Truly epic.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

KM Scorchio posted:

There had better be explicit rape or my immersion will just be ruined. But only if it's also somehow consensual.

Legitimate rape.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

i feel like these belong on a coat of arms

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

KM Scorchio posted:

if it gets adapted to solar plebeian use this as soundtrack for it
https://soundcloud.com/dark-off/too-sexy

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Gilganixon posted:

speaking of:

The saga continues!

hail the stimperium

Quickly! Someone GLOMP THEM! Glomps are all goodness and niceness and that should drive them away, right?

I think they're over there, because my visor is closed and I can't see anything.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Mona lisa with one of those creepy anime masks on.

CBA with anime masks... instead I present:

FIDELITY:

IMMERSION:

DREAMS:

NIGHTMARES:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

This is a future in which all technological advancement was passed in front of a single tyrannical leader of Earth. If it didn't meet his standard of fidelity it was made to be redone over and over again. Eventually he made a low-key announcement that refueling technology was going to be abandoned already in game just nobody noticed.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Dogstoyevsky posted:

I'm worried that we're down to one last wave of fun bullshit in the Star Citizen drama: the release of Sq42 and the subsequent collapse of the fandom. It's going to be sweet but it seems like everything is tumbling towards that now, and there's so little left in between.

Ah well. You know what they say: the candle that burns twice as bright is in development for 4 years* and costs 120 million dollars.

* actually 1 1/2 years clearly you know nothing of game development

Don't worry there are long months of stagnation ahead before shitizens realize the baby poo is all the poo they're getting.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh it gets better friend. Not only will refueling be manual, it'll be done from a refueling station ON A CATWALK OUTSIDE IN SPACE.

Check out these WIP pics:

e: and there's a loving main thruster directly above you. Have fun, expendable fuel guy! :laffo:

Must be one of those solar systems where you're not allowed to pump your own gas

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Gilganixon posted:

speaking of:

The saga continues!

hail the stimperium

Fantastic! :perfect:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Berious posted:

Must be one of those solar systems where you're not allowed to pump your own gas

The Jersey system.

All that platform needs is gum, smokes, candy bars and a lotto ticket dispenser. Which I think most of which are planned.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

fuzzknot posted:

Legitimate rape.

Legitimising rape? This sounds like a job for the best godamn saleswoman in the verse (since she was a little space girl).

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
What I don't understand about B'Tak and other people like him is that Pulsar: Lost Colony seems to be the game they want to play but they don't play it. Maybe if the developers said the word "fidelity" in every sentence it would get more people interested.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Gilganixon posted:

speaking of:

The saga continues!

hail the stimperium

Amazing.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

xanif posted:

What I don't understand about B'Tak and other people like him is that Pulsar: Lost Colony seems to be the game they want to play but they don't play it. Maybe if the developers said the word "fidelity" in every sentence it would get more people interested.

I'm assuming that game doesn't make vague and totally unrealisable promises of being everything they could possible dream of.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Mirificus posted:

I wonder how the Stimperor would feel knowing they have a bit of a following here.

He hurts a lot.

:pgabz:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Polish Avenger posted:

He hurts a lot.

:pgabz:

he would feel grief

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Gilganixon posted:

speaking of:

The saga continues!

hail the stimperium

Wait ! They just have to sit tight at the controls ! They are invulnerable while they sit in the seat !

Seriously this is wonderful.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

xanif posted:

The moment a game is released it has to compromise with reality and we cannot have that, cant we ?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Gilganixon posted:

he would feel grief

Serious question, as someone with zero artistic talent...what tools do you use to crank out this amazing stuff?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

aleksendr posted:

Wait ! They just have to sit tight at the controls ! They are invulnerable while they sit in the seat !

Seriously this is wonderful.

Begs the question...if the Stimpire affixes their gear on me to assimilate my body into their disturbed collective...will I be the vehicle, or will the rectal CPAP machine be the vehicle?

There are pros and cons to each I guess from a game design perspective.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

KM Scorchio posted:

I'm assuming that game doesn't make vague and totally unrealisable promises of being everything they could possible dream of.

aleksendr posted:

The moment a game is released it has to compromise with reality and we cannot have that, cant we ?

I guess the main draw of Star Citizen is that it provides you with an infinite playground for idiotic head canon fantasies.

Pulsar is a p good game, even though it is a bit shallow atm.

I played with a couple of my friends and turned off the reactor safeties to make the ship explode. One of them started ranting about "goon loving." The rest of us found it hilarious.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Colostomy Bag posted:

Serious question, as someone with zero artistic talent...what tools do you use to crank out this amazing stuff?

this is manga studio 5 EX which might be known by the less stupid name of Clip Studio Paint EX in some places. It's a good program for some special uses like making comics.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gilganixon posted:

speaking of:

The saga continues!

hail the stimperium

my loving lord dude this owns

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

"gently caress" is a word filter, not a meme. also "loving", "poo poo" and whatever

p good cattes o7

I miss the word filter since I subscribed. It made me giggle.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

did anyone screenshot from the cigcommunity twitch channel:

I AM A DREAM GIVEN FORM

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

grimcreaper posted:

You are become Pleasurebot: Maid, pleasurer of Rabbitman.

Watch out for his dildo-crossbow. the arrows come pre-lovely.

IN THE STIMPIRE WE ALL SERVE

Also:
:eonwe::fuzzknot::eonwe:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Gilganixon posted:

speaking of:

The saga continues!

hail the stimperium

also also: this owns

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

RtV starts soon: http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

Begs the question...if the Stimpire affixes their gear on me to assimilate my body into their disturbed collective...will I be the vehicle, or will the rectal CPAP machine be the vehicle?

There are pros and cons to each I guess from a game design perspective.

Its a non Issue, the conflict between both object local physic grids will throw one of you out in the void at the limit of the instance in a T pose and the other crumpled in a ball at the center of the world.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Gilganixon posted:

speaking of:

The saga continues!

hail the stimperium

That is brilliant, love your art style and writing. I hope a physics bug or something saves are brave crew :ohdear:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Sandi is so too cool. :c00lbutt:

KiddieGrinder fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 12, 2016

badegakk
Feb 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Ben is talking about dieting?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
What in God's name is Sandi doing? Is she even awake over there? She looks like she's napping behind those bug eyed sunglasses.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

aleksendr posted:

Its a non Issue, the conflict between both object local physic grids will throw one of you out in the void at the limit of the instance in a T pose and the other crumpled in a ball at the center of the world.

You're right. Guess I was over thinking stuff. I mean say my CPAP caught fire from rectal emissions...would the fire team be able to put it out or would I be immune to damage? Anyways, I'm sure it is all figured out on a whiteboard located somewhere across several continents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
:lol: :lesnick: started talking about the Wing Commander movie, and Lando looked right at the camera and yawned.

• Locked thread