Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bold predictions and wild theories are for the first day of testing when no one has their poo poo together but look timing sheets and stats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

learnincurve posted:

So it turns out Carmen Jorda may be poo poo. Lotus kid who has left the program says she was 12 seconds off his pace in the simulator, she says no no I was just one second off Grosjean. So over a race distance that's a lap down on him in a car that's already been lapped then. Or as another reference point, Martin Brundle can get his car within a second of the real drivers when he borrows a F1 car.

Spa GP3 qualifying 2012.

Carmen Jorda - 2'18.719

Next slowest driver

John Wartique - 2:13.478 (5.2 seconds quicker)

Quickest Woman

Alice Powell - 2:12.530 (6.2 seconds quicker)

Pole

Mitch Evans 2'10.513 (8.2 seconds quicker)

--

By the time they got back there the next year, Jorda had indeed improved. To only 5 seconds off Carlos Sainz. And dead last.

The following year it rained and Jorda didn't set a time having beached the car on her out lap , a round later they kicked her out, her best result of the year being a 17th place in that first Spa race.

Dean Stoneman stepped into the same car, run by the same mechanics. He won 2 of the next 3 races.

She is absolute trash.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That strange rumbling you can hear is the sound of María de Villota and the Pankhursts rotating.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
my dick gets bold when i predict carmen jorda

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

marchionne suggesting a possible alfa return to F1. dear god they need to buy toro rosso ASAP.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Please stop, I can only get so erect.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
There were some rumours about outfitting RB with Alfa Romeo badged top of the line works Ferrari engines but it was scrapped after RB decided Ferrari wouldn't treat them fairly.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Dubs posted:

my dick gets bold when i predict carmen jorda

she can pre my dict any time if you know what I mean fellas

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Helicon One posted:

she can pre my dict any time if you know what I mean fellas

That's hopefully a thing she is good at because it certainly can't be the driving.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
I'd cum on her arse

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Brainwrong posted:

I'd cum on her arse

Rude, obscene and completely uncalled for. There must be something wrong with your brain!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

be nice wicka posted:

marchionne suggesting a possible alfa return to F1. dear god they need to buy toro rosso ASAP.

This needs to happen by 2017.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

learnincurve posted:

Renault's PR people are currently doing the opposite to what McHonda's people did, and are telling anyone who will listen that their car may be poo poo and not able to beat red bull. This way if they do get whomped they can say "well we said we would" and if they do the whomping then "it was a fantastic surprise for us as well"

Man renault is terrible, why even bother at this point. They're just going to fall even farther behind next year when there are no more development tokens and they don't want to throw money at the problem.

Of course, I'm wrong a whole lot.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Dudley posted:

Spa GP3 qualifying 2012.

Carmen Jorda - 2'18.719

Next slowest driver

John Wartique - 2:13.478 (5.2 seconds quicker)

Quickest Woman

Alice Powell - 2:12.530 (6.2 seconds quicker)

Pole

Mitch Evans 2'10.513 (8.2 seconds quicker)

--

By the time they got back there the next year, Jorda had indeed improved. To only 5 seconds off Carlos Sainz. And dead last.

The following year it rained and Jorda didn't set a time having beached the car on her out lap , a round later they kicked her out, her best result of the year being a 17th place in that first Spa race.

Dean Stoneman stepped into the same car, run by the same mechanics. He won 2 of the next 3 races.

She is absolute trash.

learnincurve posted:

That strange rumbling you can hear is the sound of María de Villota and the Pankhursts rotating.

Seems like women drivers are even bigger frauds than all of the English WDCs put together

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Man renault is terrible, why even bother at this point. They're just going to fall even farther behind next year when there are no more development tokens and they don't want to throw money at the problem.

Of course, I'm wrong a whole lot.

i'm fairly certain they wouldn't have bought the team back were they not willing to spend what is necessary to return to the front. the entire reason they didn't spend as a supplier was because they saw next to no ROI just being an engine partner so they didn't give a gently caress.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'd bet that Renault gets some good results in 2017.

Sadly, I bet Redbull beats them pretty handedly this coming season.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Norns posted:

I'd bet that Renault gets some good results in 2017.

Sadly, I bet Redbull beats them pretty handedly this coming season.

Everyone will probably beat them this season, even Haas. The team were in limbo for almost the whole year with the old owners not providing any resources hence why they had the whole cars getting impounded saga almost every race, and there is only so much car designers can do on CFD/Computers.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
At the same time RB wasted time and money designing for three different engine packages. This is going to be amusing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i'm fairly certain renault will have a surprisingly decent package. they had employees in enstone in like september.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Dum, du du dum du du dum dum dum dummmmmm... Channel 4 just announced they're keeping The Chain as their F1 theme music. With James Allen reporting that they're also bringing over Ben Edwards and Lee, it's basically the BBC crew minus EJ.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Payndz posted:

Dum, du du dum du du dum dum dum dummmmmm... Channel 4 just announced they're keeping The Chain as their F1 theme music. With James Allen reporting that they're also bringing over Ben Edwards and Lee, it's basically the BBC crew minus EJ.

Yes! mmmmm Lee...

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Payndz posted:

Are they also minus Suzi "literally incapable of competently presenting TV even though it's her job" Perry?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

be nice wicka posted:

i'm fairly certain renault will have a surprisingly decent package. they had employees in enstone in like september.

I think they will be ok. I don't think the car will be regularly challenging for podiums yet but it is a development year.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Beating Force India would be an realistic achievable target for them to aim for next year.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Tsaedje posted:

Are they also minus Suzi "literally incapable of competently presenting TV even though it's her job" Perry?

yes, she has not been invited to the party.

Does this mean James Allen will be commentating again? gently caress. That.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

be nice wicka posted:

If they don't hire Flavio they'll never have a good package again.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Tsaedje posted:

Whenever I watched the BBC coverage I was always surprised at just how terrible she was. I'm sure she wasn't that bad when she did the motorbikes

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Brainwrong posted:

I'd cum on her arse
These are not the posts this thread needs, but these are the posts this thread deserves.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Skarsnik posted:

Whenever I watched the BBC coverage I was always surprised at just how terrible she was. I'm sure she wasn't that bad when she did the motorbikes

and the white nights on the internet will say "ah but you are being unreasonable to expect her to be able to present a show without reading from her iPad at all times, bikes are her thing" even after what is it now, four years?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

and the white nights on the internet will say "ah but you are being unreasonable to expect her to be able to present a show without reading from her iPad at all times, bikes are her thing" even after what is it now, four years?

jesus

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
She wasn't very good with the bikes either. I liked Matt.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
lol Ron owns

"On McLaren property, the trees are in rows, the hedges are square, and the grass has been recently mowed."

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a19246/inside-mclarens-automotive-perfectionalism/

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

learnincurve posted:

Does this mean James Allen will be commentating again? gently caress. That.

Pretty sure James Allen is still doing the BBC radio commentary.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

be nice wicka posted:

McLaren Alfa

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

I try not to think too much about 2015.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

El Hefe posted:

If they don't hire Flavio they'll never have a good package again.

Agreed. Bring back Flavio, Alonso, and Trulli turning Mild Seven Renault into the most Eurotrash tram on earth.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Alain Post posted:

Agreed. Bring back Flavio, Alonso, and Trulli turning Mild Seven Renault into the most Eurotrash tram on earth.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Riding the Eurotrash tram.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Ricky D was an on-stage guest at a Parkway Drive show recently.

https://instagram.com/p/BBtThZDONhk/
https://instagram.com/p/BBtVWp9uNkv/
https://instagram.com/p/BBtWlDAuNmY/

Better vocalist than Lewis imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
“Basically, the drivers of today are definitely overpaid for two reasons,” Marko told Sport Bild in Germany.

“Firstly, there is only a small risk that serious accidents can result in injury or even be fatal.

“Secondly, young top talent like [Max] Verstappen or [Pascal] Wehrlein can take the modern car and straight away easily do 100 laps without tiring.

“Previously you had even a Vettel have to take breaks because he was not used to the high centrifugal forces. This means that the cars are easier to drive. The drivers must do less.”

• Locked thread