Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Beet Wagon posted:

Josephine's medically augmented heart was pounding in her chest. She'd never even heard of someone being summoned to meet the Stimperor before, but when the county Torture-And-Delivery-Bot had come by to deliver her Painmail this morning, there had been an extra capsule in the pile without a return address. Cautiously, Josephine had placed the capsule in her mouth and swallowed. As the thousand tiny hypodermic needles extended and shredded the inside of her throat, the message had played out in her mind with a terrifying boom. "YOUR PRESENCE IS REQUESTED BY THE OFFICE OF THE STIMPEROR SUPREME. ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 13:30 PAINHOURS OR FACE IMMEDIATE EXECUTION." Now she sat quietly at the kitchen table, occasionally coughing up blood and wondering how to explain to her boss that she would need to take the afternoon off. The message had made it clear that this invitation wasn't optional, but the Horrorfarm where she worked was already backlogged with citizens needing all sorts of things. They had fifty insanity-injection procedures to do this afternoon, and her presence would be sorely missed. "Well, I might as well call in now and get this over with," she though, reaching over to pick up her phone and feeling the familiar slice of the razor-blade case against her hand.

Nice, we need more Stimfic

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Galarox posted:

You know, what gets me is the number of TRUE BELIEVERS that you can see are still clearly very very invested in this slow motion disaster from the (unanswered) questions. Thank god I found the Goons. And Sanity.

I can't believe people are seriously asking about space plants. What the gently caress.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Most open dev team ever

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

fuzzknot posted:

Oh God, somebody asked [QUESTION] What games do you play outside Star Citizen?
Ain't I a stinker?

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

fuzzknot posted:

I quit paying attention for a minute again, and when I came back, Money's head was out of the shot, so it looked like the guy sitting next to Money was wearing the gold pants, which was very confusing.

Oh God, somebody asked [QUESTION] What games do you play outside Star Citizen?

[ANSWER] Real ones.

:hfive: :roflolmao:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Free SilverBullet, Eonwe :eonwe:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

fuzzknot posted:

I can't believe people are seriously asking about space plants. What the gently caress.

I think it's more a case of what they can't answer. They can't answer when something will happen, what's the status of X feature/ship/whatever, they can't hardly answer anything because it would ruin the illusion. You'd get a lot of "we don't know" and backers don't like that.

What they are probably encouraged to answer though are questions that keep the ball rolling and money coming in, "Can you buy those patches?" YES! "Can I be a space botanist?" YES! "Can I buy that old ship again?" YES!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Question of the hour: Is there a development studio or team on the face of the planet that could pull of Star Citizen?

Let's assume that:

1) Chris/Sandi Roberts are not involved in any way.
2) As far as "pull off" I mean, following the bullet points of promises as outlined in the funding milestones and kickstarter.

I'm really wracking my brain, and I can't think of a team with the unlimited funding, time, and expertise to do this. So to me, CIG being incompetent is not the reason SC will never happen, it's just that eventually, especially after the *original* funding promises were met, that the game became impossible.

Also with the new gas truck thing, having to fuel poo poo manually? Why do they insist on making awful things I don't want to do in real life and transcribing those terrible jobs into a video game I'm supposed to play in my leisure time?

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Someone else no doubt just got themselves banned:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Galarox posted:

Someone else no doubt just got themselves banned:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

Question of the hour: Is there a development studio or team on the face of the planet that could pull of Star Citizen?

Let's assume that:

1) Chris/Sandi Roberts are not involved in any way.
2) As far as "pull off" I mean, following the bullet points of promises as outlined in the funding milestones and kickstarter.

I'm really wracking my brain, and I can't think of a team with the unlimited funding, time, and expertise to do this. So to me, CIG being incompetent is not the reason SC will never happen, it's just that eventually, especially after the *original* funding promises were met, that the game became impossible.

Also with the new gas truck thing, having to fuel poo poo manually? Why do they insist on making awful things I don't want to do in real life and transcribing those terrible jobs into a video game I'm supposed to play in my leisure time?

If you wish to make Star Citizen from scratch, you must first invent the universe

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I think Lando and dude on the left are up for it.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I missed hungover Sandi

badegakk
Feb 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
They're working on improving the senate speech guys, finally!

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.
How am I not banned yet...lol

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

A Loud Fart posted:

Wow, so you put out a Twitch show to answer questions from your fanbase, and then say you can't answer them? And then spend an hour talking about food and movies?

WTF

900 people watching - probably the total number of people who are excited about SC at this point.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

:iamafag:

(edit: Oh, this wasn't me; Brazilianpeanutwar posted that.)

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 12, 2016

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

Still have an account active...lol

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

fuzzknot posted:

:allears:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

fuzzknot posted:

Your welcome.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015
Did I just hear this right that the 'Making Of' book for SC will go to press soon? How inane is releasing a 'Making Of' before they have made anything tangible yet.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Are all the people whining about the Cutlass real? Or are they trolls? Why do they even care when the game is poo poo?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

How long did you last?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Serious [QUESTION]: would Ben be able to travel by plane without travelling as cargo?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

They just admitted to redoing the entire skeletons of the models and then ben said "And that'll happen to the ships as well" then he loving giggled, like a oval office.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daztek posted:

Free SilverBullet, Eonwe :eonwe:

He's got his code he should be able to reg now

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

I lasted 10 minutes...lol

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

"Star Citizen won't be going to PAX aus because Ben doesn't want to fly there"

Ben is Star Citizen confirmed.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

How long did you last?

I kept getting "The chat is in slow mode you are sending messages too fast, you must wait 88 seconds" managed to spam the same question about three times before I got benned.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Chalks posted:

"Star Citizen won't be going to PAX aus because Ben doesn't want to fly there"

Ben is Star Citizen confirmed.

The FAA has strict regulations in regards to maximum weight.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Seems endemic.

Mirificus posted:

Speaking of not knowing how game development works:

Thread closed for not understanding game development

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
LOL

You are banned from talking in cigcommunity for 559 more seconds.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I can't watch this asinine poo poo any more no wonder nobody cares about this stream.

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

Fun while it lasted...lol

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Ezekeel posted:

Did I just hear this right that the 'Making Of' book for SC will go to press soon? How inane is releasing a 'Making Of' before they have made anything tangible yet.

Another stretch goal checked off the list.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

c2usaf2004 posted:

I like that they're apparently aware of the stimpire thing.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

c2usaf2004 posted:

Yeah, they cranked up the ban of the Stimpire keyword apparently. Last week it was auto deleted. Now it is a ban.

I guess they got the universal translator poo poo working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

Galarox posted:

Lol which one of you was this?

:wink:

• Locked thread