Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What I think will happen is Roman will spear and pin Dean 1 2 3 and literally nobody will ever mention it much less make a big deal of it, and then Dean will transition into his Mania feud of let's say Stardust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Taka Michinoku for HoF
Steve Blackman for HoF
Ken Shameock for HoF
Big Bossman for HoF

Please induct all my 90s faves asap thank you

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
In Fastlane tradition Dean will tell Roman to kick Triple H's rear end after having been defeated.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sockser posted:

Taka Michinoku for HoF
Steve Blackman for HoF
Ken Shameock for HoF
Big Bossman for HoF

Shamrock's busy about to lose to Royce loving Gracie in 2016

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

is there actually a committee or anything for the HoF (something similar to like, the proces the press does for football/baseball) or is it just Vince picking a random episode from the network and choosing whoever happens to go over for that year

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Sockser posted:

Taka Michinoku for HoF
Steve Blackman for HoF
Ken Shameock for HoF
Big Bossman for HoF

Yes to all of these. Is Mr. Perfect in yet? If not, add him to the list.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Tweak posted:

is there actually a committee or anything for the HoF (something similar to like, the proces the press does for football/baseball) or is it just Vince picking a random episode from the network and choosing whoever happens to go over for that year

Come on man do you even have to ask?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

super macho dude posted:

is Mike Sharpe in the HOF? He'll probably get in this year. And I agree, Koko is definitely deserving of the HOF. I just think some fans who only watched WWF have no clue how good that guy was.

Even saddled with the bad Birdman gimmick, Koko had a good look and was very charismatic. He did excellent work in the indies to as someone pointed out. If he was 6'2" or taller he probably would have been a huge star.

If Johnny Rodz is in the HOF, Sharpe definitely deserves induction. Steve Lombardi and Mario Mancini too, they were some really good jobbers in that era.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Koko also released the Piledriver album

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

ayn rand hand job posted:

John Cena is back and driving the Daytona 500 pace car.

In a surprise result at this year's Daytona 500, the pace car overcame the odds and won the race

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Looks like Bubba Ray has put on a lot of the weight he lost..

..but, when you're banging Velvet Sky...

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

Sockser posted:

Taka Michinoku for HoF
Steve Blackman for HoF
Ken Shameock for HoF
Big Bossman for HoF

bossman would absolutely be a lock by now if he was alive

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

projecthalaxy posted:

What I think will happen is Roman will spear and pin Dean 1 2 3 and literally nobody will ever mention it much less make a big deal of it, and then Dean will transition into his Mania feud of let's say Stardust.

:agreed:

Dean will continue his role as facilitator of other people's storylines

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
As much as I hate fantasy booking, it seems clear to me that Bray is going to take Brock out of the match, and then by some fuckery or distraction Roman will get the win. It's pretty much the worst way you can finish the match.

Brock will face Wyatt, Roman will face HHH, and Dean will compete in the Andre The Giant Battle Royal on the pre-show.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

Yes to all of these. Is Mr. Perfect in yet? If not, add him to the list.

Of course Perfect's in, he went in in 2007. I can easily see Shamrock, Blackman and Bossman going in when they really start getting desperate. Tommy Dreamer wouldn't surprise me either. The key thing for me is that the standards, by nature, have to get lower after every year as they keep digging into that mine of important people in wrestling. They've already dug up the diamonds and gold and are working their way through the silver pretty drat fast, so pretty soon that copper will start looking pretty good.

On the Fastlane front, I hope that literally every Fast Lane ends with a guy who is more over than Roman losing to him and wishing him luck at Wrestlemania. I'd definitely take that in stride as part of the Monkey Paw wish of Dean beating Lesnar definitively at Wrestlemania though.

Astro7x posted:

As much as I hate fantasy booking, it seems clear to me that Bray is going to take Brock out of the match, and then by some fuckery or distraction Roman will get the win. It's pretty much the worst way you can finish the match.

Brock will face Wyatt, Roman will face HHH, and Dean will compete in the Andre The Giant Battle Royal on the pre-show.

Yeah, that's the far more likely outcome, I admit.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Also I wanted to ask,

Obviously the Undertaker is the last holdout of the 90s profession-based gimmicks.
Who was the last one active other than taker? Was it Bossman?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Sockser posted:

Also I wanted to ask,

Obviously the Undertaker is the last holdout of the 90s profession-based gimmicks.

There have been a bunch of random ones if you count people like Simon Dean or Val Venus

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Sockser posted:

Also I wanted to ask,

Is "rear end Kicker" a profession?

It's not 90s based, but Breeze is a real throwback to the 90s style gimmicks.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

You're all forgetting about "The Drifter" Elias Sampson

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Sockser posted:

Also I wanted to ask,

I thought "Party Time" Adam Rose was a professional ecstasy-taker/possible insane cult leader?/party guy but I guess those aren't 'jobs'

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Still sick about the clip of Bryan having a seizure in that Sheamus match. Not surprising with WWE's track record, though

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

yea ok posted:

Still sick about the clip of Bryan having a seizure in that Sheamus match. Not surprising with WWE's track record, though

He hasn't had a seizure in 4 years apparently.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

yea ok posted:

Looks like you got worked, you loving mark!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sockser posted:

Also I wanted to ask,

Actual Lawyer David Otunga.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Sockser posted:

Also I wanted to ask,

Luke Harper is a trucker and part time swamp wizard cultist. Does that count?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

triplexpac posted:

Is "rear end Kicker" a profession?

It's not 90s based, but Breeze is a real throwback to the 90s style gimmicks.

Definitely Breeze. Especially with that "profession based gimmick but dresses nothing like people in those professions do" thing in the style of the Undertaker, Skinner and (at least for the time period) The Mountie.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Neodoomium posted:

Team B.A.D. was still an amazingly awful stable name in a business riddled with the worst names for things

Should've called them team Dangerous and Beautiful instead so they could dab after every win, but I don't think Vince will find out what dabbing is for another few years yet

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm pretty sure Tyler debuted with "of course I'm a model".

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Intruder posted:

Should've called them team Dangerous and Beautiful instead so they could dab after every win, but I don't think Vince will find out what dabbing is for another few years yet

Legend has it that the last thing Stalin did before he died was grab Lavrentiy Beria by the neck

The last thing Vince will do is dab, in 20 years

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax
just skipping through smackdown this week. seems like a decent show.

enjoyed aj and jericho teaming against the social outcasts
enjoyed dudleyz heel promo
enjoying sasha v naomi for the most part although man, becky could probably use some talking points if she's gonna do commentary. it's a lot of 'uh yeah so sasha is the boss and...uh, well they don't...uh, i got a cheap shot right? that's what i was saying right? uh...y-y-y-know one on one she can't b-beat me uhh....'. i mean we've seen her do good promos that were likely tightly scripted. looks like that's the way to go with becky - she can deliver emotionally, but when it comes to verbal creative, she doesn't have jack poo poo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

The Usos are dabbing, which means it's already lame and uncool.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sockser posted:

Shawn Michaels had the whole thing where he was wrestling because he was broke and JBL employed him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Codependent Poster posted:

The Usos are dabbing, which means it's already lame and uncool.

It's not uncool until either Cam stops doing it or he turns 30 years old

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sockser posted:

Also I wanted to ask,

Sparkplug Bob Holly

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
It would be Road Dogg right? He was active in 2014 and he comes from the gimmick based Roadie gimmick.

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax
drat

i keep forgetting naomi is good

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Havoc904 posted:

It would be Road Dogg right? He was active in 2014 and he comes from the gimmick based Roadie gimmick.

Corporate Kane count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDwgQsk7Gss

vine s

• Locked thread