Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

There should be a ParpCorp module, where all the shops are closed and buggies blow up the moment you touch them. In other words, identical to ArcCorp on SC.

e: February 14th, 1920 – The League of Women Voters is founded in Chicago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Scruffpuff posted:

And on top of that, SQ42 isn't even a complete product - it's the first in a long series. That's gonna suck some funds out too. So when exactly does Star Citizen the pseudo-mmo get enough attention to even begin development?

how many episodes is SQ42 supposed to be now? 3? 5? lol

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

As many as people will pay for.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Dr Smart, what is the progress on that class action suit? If I recall, I think I signed up as interested when you asked for emails, and been keeping up with your blogs, but wondering what your next move is, and where your endgame plan is?

PS thanks for the Line of Defense key, the game is in rough shape now but I've been looking to scratch my Planetside itch, so will be keeping track of progress!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:iiam:

I'm guessing there still will be 3 official "episodes" but the first one will be split up in parts to make backers happy

Then after part #1 of chapter #1 is released, they will scrap half the planned content work hard to bring the story to backers' hands much faster than planned, so we'll probably be looking at about 3 releases total

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Kimsemus posted:

Dr Smart, what is the progress on that class action suit? If I recall, I think I signed up as interested when you asked for emails, and been keeping up with your blogs, but wondering what your next move is, and where your endgame plan is?

PS thanks for the Line of Defense key, the game is in rough shape now but I've been looking to scratch my Planetside itch, so will be keeping track of progress!

Supreme court ruled arbitration clauses prevent class-action suits, so there will be no more of those like ever

Unless something crazy happens like Scalia dies or something

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I think it's pretty narrow sighted of people to try and limit Chris's vision into how many episodes there will be.
A game of this scope cannot be defined by numbers, it will take however many episodes it takes to finally give the world the epic space opera that only Chris can come up with

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

A game of this scope cannot be defined by numbers

Well he should change the title then

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Well he should change the title then

Yeah gently caress that guy

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

D_Smart posted:

heh, we're squarely in Alpha due to some underlying functionality NYI. Beta is traditionally only for when everything is implemented and undergoing testing.

Unlike those Star Citizen cronies, this is the path that ALL my games take. You know, industry standard stuff.

concept
pre-alpha
alpha
beta
release candidate
release

Derek, do you want us to submit bug reports?

I can't switch from the default resolution to 2440x1400 because the mouse is still stuck inside the 1280x1024 box, so I can't reach the buttons for ok or back, I have to alt-f4 the game.

edit: after alt-tabbing a couple of times I could move the mouse to the apply/back buttons, however I can't use teleporters now.

DigitalMocking fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 14, 2016

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

hardycore posted:

i kinda like the subtlety of the current title screen

you have a whole game for comedy, no need to cram as much poo poo as a bored thread can think of on the very first screen

I disagree this is the laxy which has everything you could ever dream of and the mnain menu should reflect that

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Uncle Parp Needs YOU!

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Supreme court ruled arbitration clauses prevent class-action suits, so there will be no more of those like ever

Unless something crazy happens like Scalia dies or something

Congress is looking to put through a new law which greatly diminishes arbitration agreements, but who knows when it may go through, or if it would be retroactive.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/finance/269071-new-bill-will-restore-rights-lost-in-forced-arbitration-clauses
http://consumerist.com/2016/02/04/bill-aims-to-restore-consumers-legal-rights-stripped-away-by-supreme-court-rulings/

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Toops posted:

Feedback pls. I'm just a programmer, UI design is not in my wheelhouse.

Looks good, but it could use more catte.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Lime Tonics posted:

Please include a "patch" button, and when you press it, the whole game crashes somehow.

Space cat is good.

Or it could just launch The Eternal Progress Meter (c)Stimperial Games.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Erin Roberts s“The one player campaign in Squadron 42 is played out in five chapters, with around 15 hours of content in each chapter. Each chapter will be like a game in it self, and when all the chapters are released Squadron 42 will contain over 70 hours of content.”

At this point who knows if 800 pages of sheet music is anything to go by.

Edit : found the quote.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Toops posted:

Outstanding suggestions everyone. Adding that now.

I'm also gonna add a "Bird Sanctuary" option. Is there a funnier word for "Bird Sanctuary?"

Immersive space aviary

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Incidentally Derek, how are you planning on monetizing your own game? Planning on just relying on steam sales?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I'm looking forward to when federal indictments finally get involved in this fiasco and the Shitizens start calling federal prosecutors Derek Smart alts

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
15 hours of content in dev speak usually translates into about 6-7 hours tops. This likely includes cut-scenes.

Its going to be The Order 1886 with somehow worse gameplay and writing, if it comes out at all.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
"Fleshing" out some of the options you guys.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Toops posted:

looks okay but i thought pvp and rape was the same slider?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Toops posted:

gods work

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Happy Sisyphus posted:

looks okay but i thought pvp and rape was the same slider?

Ideally the lower the pvp slider the higher the rape slider.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Post the Solar Plebian logo so we can make merchandise for the store!

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

Toops posted:

You realise that you have now achieved a more structured view of the actual workings of this game than CIG have managed in 5 years or however long this circus has been running yes?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

pls add a stimpire slider, it goes from 0 to 10 but is always stuck on 4

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Baller Time posted:

Post the Solar Plebian logo so we can make merchandise for the store!

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

The rape option thing should be a slider that goes from "suprise sex" to "Stimpire"

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Toops posted:

I notice you spelled "hangar" correctly, plz fix

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

I notice you spelled "hangar" correctly, plz fix

Ok I have to ask - how would you spell it incorrectly correctly?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Toops posted:

Solar Plebeian implemented a pvp slider before Star Sitizen. This is magical

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Galarox posted:

Ok I have to ask - how would you spell it incorrectly correctly?

"hanger" is used so much it wouldn't really come across as incorrect. How about "hengar"?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Galarox posted:

The rape option thing should be a slider that goes from "suprise sex" to "Stimpire"

This. Also, once you go Stimpire, you never go back because you're castrated

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Berious posted:

Solar Plebeian implemented a pvp slider before Star Sitizen. This is magical

B'Tek will start posting here.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

B'Tek will start posting here.

Ye gods I hope not... that would be very trying

This. Also, once you go Stimpire, you never go back because you're castrated

lol

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

"hanger" is used so much it wouldn't really come across as incorrect. How about "hengar"?

Hanggar?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Yo pimp, if you have the warez, could you post this guy as a vector, pref. SVG?

We need to be able to scale this baby without losing fidelity (tm)

edit: might need to dropbox it, i doubt the standard img sharing sites support svg.

Toops fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

Yo pimp, if you have the warez, could you post this guy as a vector, pref. SVG?

We need to be able to scale this baby without losing fidelity (tm)

edit: might need to dropbox it, i doubt the standard img sharing sites support svg.

Think I can do it from photoshop if Daztek cant.

edit. No I dont think I can on my version of Pshop dammit. I can save as a PDF but not SVG format soz :(

Galarox fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 14, 2016

• Locked thread