Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Galarox posted:

I am trying to find that Sandi youtube vid where she is "auditioning" and being accused of murder in the vid (the words wooden acting are perfectly defined in this horrorshow but I forgot to bookmark it and now cant find it - it might have been removed, I dunno). Can anyone find me a link? TIA

This one? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPAF5s-9mVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

fuzzknot posted:

My coworker and I discussed it, and I said "Literally EVERYONE knows you have to elevate injuries above the level of the heart. RICE = Rest Ice Compression Elevation. That's not even from my first aid certification (and [the boss] supposedly has one too so why the gently caress doesn't he know this?)"

Decode THAT, CIG.

Half Life 3 confirmed!

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

nopantsjack posted:

Ever since you started talking about your bosses they've had nonstop misery and hardship so its pretty clearly an encoded voodoun curse upon CIG.

That's why I do it. :devil:

Nah, it's always been like this; they're just stupid people whose ridiculous decisions produce inevitable, hilarious conesquences.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Berious posted:

Dowlphin talks a lot about terrible mental anguish and unbearable pain that only jpegs can salve. He really really needs to see a psychiatrist. For real.

https://twitter.com/Dowlphin/status/695790198781829120

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
So which one of you silly fucks is space plebian?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

#IAmAStarPlebean

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Iglocska posted:

So which one of you silly fucks is space plebian?

Bonjour Commando

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

That's him, if you want to get banned on RSI post in his recruitment thread.

Just looked at his recruitment thread from your link. I am off work with a back injury at the moment and I just loving tweaked it again thanks to you, because laughing. 20+ pages of "bump"... oh dear god I have tears of laughter on my face and agony in my back (Stimpire) but it was worth it man, it was worth it :)

e: for spelling

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Galarox posted:

Looking through Homeless Santas' new TOS I noticed this:

This is screaming out for deep cover goons to post something like:

Deep Cover Goon 1 posted: The bear shits in the woods

Deep Cover Goon 2 posted: But the Cathedral is sometimes better in summer

Deep Cover Goon 1 posted: Suitcases can contain money but not shampoo

Deep Cover Goon 3 posted: The charriot of autism stops in September

etc etc etc.

Wow.

At some point, someone at CIG was thinking about a scenario and decided on this rule in order to solve it.

I wonder if they count irony as one of the secret codes that you're not allowed to use.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Bonjour Commando

Well played kind sir, you've beat me to the same point by a whole minute.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

nopantsjack posted:

Ever since you started talking about your bosses they've had nonstop misery and hardship so its pretty clearly an encoded voodoun curse upon CIG.

Actually, it's not just their own bad luck; my coworkers and I are definitely guilty of sabotage. Right now I'm trying to figure out the best way to break the other boss's speakers and make it look like an accident so she'll quit blasting lovely show tunes through the office.

Please, thread, give me your ideas.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iglocska posted:

Well played kind sir, you've beat me to the same point by a whole minute.

In Star Citizen's thrilling development, a minute is an eternity

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Why does her costume keep changing? One moment she is in a prison uniform, the next, a business suit, then back to prison uniform, then business suit etc.

I don't get it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

Actually, it's not just their own bad luck; my coworkers and I are definitely guilty of sabotage. Right now I'm trying to figure out the best way to break the other boss's speakers and make it look like an accident so she'll quit blasting lovely show tunes through the office.

Run them over with your car after everyone else has gone home for the day. But make sure they aren't in a marked crosswalk. That way when she's like "OH MY GOD MY SPEAKERS GOT RUN OVER" everyone in the office will be like "I mean... maybe you should have taught them to use a crosswalk?"

Boom. Free and clear.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

fuzzknot posted:

Channel your inner Mr Bean/Inspector Clouseau. The rest writes itself.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

fuctifino posted:

Why does her costume keep changing? One moment she is in a prison uniform, the next, a business suit, then back to prison uniform, then business suit etc.

I don't get it.

Fidelity

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

I don't get it.

a-la-carte interview, pick the outfit you like best

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

fuzzknot posted:

:downs:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

fuzzknot posted:

WIENER SCHNITZEL

3/4 pound pork tenderloin (may substitute veal cutlet or tenderized cube steak), cut in 3 pieces and pounded 1/3- to 1/2-inch thick
salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs, beaten
2 c soft bread crumbs
2-4 tablespoons butter
lemon wedges
parsley sprigs

Pound cutlet; rub in seasonings. Dip meat first in egg, then in bread crumbs. Melt butter in skillet. Brown meat several minutes a side or till golden. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs. Serve with German potato salad and red cabbage.

In other news, my idiot boss who backed his wife's minivan into somebody at the gas station broke his wrist that same night.

He was playing basketball, got his legs kicked out from under him (allegedly), landed on his wrist, and it's now in a cast and will require surgery. Of course he decided the doctor didn't know what she was talking about, so he didn't keep the cast in the sling as she told him to ("She didn't give me a reason!"), and he only just now figured out the hard way that it's supposed to be elevated so it won't get stiff and sore.

My coworker and I discussed it, and I said "Literally EVERYONE knows you have to elevate injuries above the level of the heart. RICE = Rest Ice Compression Elevation. That's not even from my first aid certification (and [the boss] supposedly has one too so why the gently caress doesn't he know this?)"

Decode THAT, CIG.

Hahahaha, your boss is Michael Scott.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Beet Wagon posted:

Run them over with your car after everyone else has gone home for the day. But make sure they aren't in a marked crosswalk. That way when she's like "OH MY GOD MY SPEAKERS GOT RUN OVER" everyone in the office will be like "I mean... you're not supposed to cross outside of a crosswalk, so maybe it's a little bit their fault?"

Boom. Free and clear.

I don't think they'd believe that was an accident. It'd be far simpler if she didn't share an office with the other, reasonably computer literate boss. I encountered a similar situation a while back with one of the sales reps; he was always playing tacky country songs loudly on his computer. He's also the most computer illiterate person I've ever met (He can't even copy and paste . . . ), so all I had to do was mute his speakers. He STILL thinks they're broken, at least in part because the three or so people he's asked how to fix it so far all hate his lovely music too, so they've all pretended his broken speakers are a mystery. I won't be able to get away with that on the boss's computer, though.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Galarox posted:

Channel your inner Mr Bean/Inspector Clouseau. The rest writes itself.

Good thinking. I am very clumsy; I can probably get away with walking in there to drop something in her in tray, catching my high heel on the carpet, twisting my ankle, falling across her desk, and knocking the speakers violently onto the floor while "accidentally" Hulk stomping them as I try to catch my balance.

It needs to be more permanent than that. She's not that bright, but the other boss might be.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

How easily could you get an electromagnet in there?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

SelenicMartian posted:

But can you do this with your flowers?

It's pretty gross stuffing your gob on camera IMO. The show is like, what, an hour long and you can't wait until it's over to eat? But what do I know I'm just some idiot on the internet not the best saleswoman in the world since I was a little girl.

also

Toops posted:

Just doin' a lil' iteration here guys, thanks for your feedback. We're making progress.

Can setting Fidelity to 'Dreams' just make it display one of those NASA space photos that are hundreds of MB, and then it crashes.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

I don't think they'd believe that was an accident. It'd be far simpler if she didn't share an office with the other, reasonably computer literate boss. I encountered a similar situation a while back with one of the sales reps; he was always playing tacky country songs loudly on his computer. He's also the most computer illiterate person I've ever met (He can't even copy and paste . . . ), so all I had to do was mute his speakers. He STILL thinks they're broken, at least in part because the three or so people he's asked how to fix it so far all hate his lovely music too, so they've all pretended his broken speakers are a mystery. I won't be able to get away with that on the boss's computer, though.

Hmm... for it to really be sold as an accident you need witnesses. Preferably the boss herself. If she sees it go down and believes it's an accident, no questions will be asked.

So you're gonna need a couple things:

One wooden A-frame ladder, 6 or 8 feet high depending on how high the ceiling in your office is

One gallon of paint similar to (or exact, if you can find it) the paint color in your office

One hacksaw

Saw off one of the legs of the ladder, then set it up somewhere in the office, resting precariously on the removed leg. Place the speakers, paint can, and paint brush on top of the ladder, preferably near some kind of stain or damaged paint if you have any of that in your office. When your boss asks where her speakers are, tell her they said something about finally painting over that drat spot. She'll go to get them, the ladder will "break" and the speakers will fall to their death. Maybe you can even angle for a mental health day - watching someone fall off a ladder and die is potentially traumatizing!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

fuzzknot posted:

Any plan that involve sabotage of the speakers themselves is a no go since it will be solved by buying new speakers with company money. I would suggest a social engineering solution instead.

Find the music or artist she likes best and then find horrible trivia about how <Favorite artist> is a horrible <racist, nazi, mean to the disabled, hurt annimals, not support our troops, ect> then drop subtle hints around the topic in office conversation untill the music stop or change.

That or you can pretend ear drums damage or tinitus and carry foarm earplugs for those awfull music moments.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Set the system to play Tupac whenever she tries to send any kind of sound to the speakers

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Replace the show tunes with nothing but :gary:PAAAARP mp3s, labelled similarly to the show tunes.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

ZenMaster posted:

Hahahaha, your boss is Michael Scott.

Yes, but without the occasional competence.

Astroniomix posted:

How easily could you get an electromagnet in there?

Not very. I don't want to risk loving up her whole computer; she does payroll.

alphabettitouretti posted:

It's pretty gross stuffing your gob on camera IMO. The show is like, what, an hour long and you can't wait until it's over to eat? But what do I know I'm just some idiot on the internet not the best saleswoman in the world since I was a little girl.

Yeah, it's pretty unprofessional. But so is everything she does. Still, you'd think, as an aspiring actress, she'd be more cognizant of being on camera and NOT proving just how incapable she is of being on camera without loving it up completely.

also

Johnny Depp wore it better.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Daztek posted:

Pgabz will make it right

Pgabz makes EVERYTHING right.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

fuzzknot posted:

It needs to be more permanent than that. She's not that bright, but the other boss might be.

Well if they got by speaker cloth, just remove it and tear it through with a key or something, then replace cloth

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
witness this, the most awesome of RSI rear end-fucks:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/45y024/anyway_to_buy_squadron_42_alone/

basically, because this guy bought a stand-alone ship, he doesn't have access to the Star Citizen alpha. Because he did not buy access to the Star Citizen Alpha, he cannot get the $15 Squadron 42 add-on. If he wants access to both games it will be an additional $60 on top of what he paid for the stand-alone ship.

way cool :thumbsup:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

A Neurotic Jew posted:

witness this, the most awesome of RSI rear end-fucks:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/45y024/anyway_to_buy_squadron_42_alone/

basically, because this guy bought a stand-alone ship, he doesn't have access to the Star Citizen alpha. Because he did not buy access to the Star Citizen Alpha, he cannot get the $15 Squadron 42 add-on. If he wants access to both games it will be an additional $60 on top of what he paid for the stand-alone ship.

way cool :thumbsup:

Ehh, not really a big deal imo. He could melt his non-ship and get a "package"

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

fuzzknot posted:

Just start taking the plug the speakers go into the computer and rotate it at the base where the plug and wire meet for a good 5 minutes every once in a while. Eventually the wires will short out and they'll stop working or be super spotty

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I love at the beginning of RTV, Sandi gets super paranoid and asks why everyone else is smiling. lol

She's terrible at masking being high, but I suppose you need some kind of acting skill to be able to do that.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

flyboi posted:

Just start taking the plug the speakers go into the computer and rotate it at the base where the plug and wire meet for a good 5 minutes every once in a while. Eventually the wires will short out and they'll stop working or be super spotty

I think the problem we're running into is that anything we dream up will either be fixed by buying a new set of speakers or having the "functioning human" boss unfuck any computer fuckery she tries.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

You're forgetting the very real and true fact that all goons ARE Derek Smart alts, 1000% confirmed.

Really? Then why am I poor and single?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

when did this turn into the fuzznot general chat thread? fuzzknot, you should explore the forums and possibly find other threads to post in

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Derek Smart

DEREK SMART

DEREK SMART

Star Citizen, Derek Smart and Me

quote:

So I was looking at why I felt bad about Star Citizen a while ago. I did a little digging and found that most of the issues I thought were going to kill the game were coming from one man. They may have been spewed by others and embellished but ultimately there was one man causing a lot of grief and making a lot of claims.

Here then are his predictions and their outcomes all while you can see me play in the universe that he says won't come out, I will also transition from my ship to space, to a space station and back which Derek says is impossible.

You have to love the man who sticks to his convictions even though the evidence proves him wrong. Maybe he should try telling people the earth is only 6000 years old, he would at least have more support.

haven't watched it yet but I'm expecting good times.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

fuctifino posted:

I don't get it.

The short answer : She's terrible.

the long answer : She's REALLY loving terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Samizdata posted:

Really? Then why am I poor and single?

D_Smart's many personalities lead very different and interesting lives. Looks like you just drew the short straw. I'm Derek Smart the Marine Biologist/Fighter Pilot.

• Locked thread