Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
They'll obviously be tapes. I'd be surprised if it didn't get an official release. They're doing this cause they need money, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
If they released this as an $100 9-disc boxset I would buy it no questions asked

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Wow, sounds like they're going all out, I'm super curious to see footage of these shows. It sounds like they're being announced for more and more US festivals as well which is cool.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
It would be amazing if they came back to Australia. I can always hope.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

femcastra posted:

It would be amazing if they came back to Australia. I can always hope.

One of the few bands I would travel interstate to see in order to go to multiple gigs if they only did the one in Melbourne.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Oh man, if footage with good audio quality was released I would be over the moon.

I really appreciate Ween as a live band because they are more rock-y live but still great. Their Live In Chicago versions of Roses Are Free and Spinal Meningitis are fantastic yet very tonally different.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

thepokey posted:

One of the few bands I would travel interstate to see in order to go to multiple gigs if they only did the one in Melbourne.

Agreed. I was living in Melbourne when they last toured, but now I would happily fly interstate for the show.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

This does make me smile

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Gener's fat again. Is that good or bad?

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

BigFactory posted:

Gener's fat again. Is that good or bad?

Probably a good thing. When I was a kid my mom somehow got it into my head that drugs make people fat. I was at an arcade shortly after that and saw an old kid from my neighborhood. He had gained a bunch of weight so my natural assumption was that he was a massive drug fiend.

Three days to go!

I'm flying out tomorrow afternoon and ready to have some fun in advance of the show. We'll be doing some brewery tours, bar hopping and store shopping.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

me your dad posted:

I'm flying out tomorrow afternoon and ready to have some fun in advance of the show. We'll be doing some brewery tours, bar hopping and store shopping.

Somehow I got roped into going to an orchid exhibition on one of the days.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
I'll be flying out thursday. Still can't believe this is happening

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Getting close and still no word on a stream:(

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Harminoff posted:

Getting close and still no word on a stream:(

I wouldn't count on it, that's a pretty expensive thing to pull off for a band this size.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Enos Cabell posted:

I wouldn't count on it, that's a pretty expensive thing to pull off for a band this size.

Plus I think they would have been hyping it by now.

I think we'll get some great live recordings out of it though.

Also,

Enos Cabell posted:

Somehow I got roped into going to an orchid exhibition on one of the days.

:cawg: have fun with that.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

me your dad posted:

:cawg: have fun with that.

One of the hazards of dragging your wife nine hours to see a band on Valentines day lol.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Enos Cabell posted:

One of the hazards of dragging your wife nine hours to see a band on Valentines day lol.

Your wife is A-Okay then. My wife will be at home with our three young kids (I'm very thankful to have such a wonderful wife). Some nice flowers will be delivered Sunday in my absence.

Claude did an interview about the shows:

http://www.westword.com/music/common-loving-sense-trumps-ego-exclusive-with-claude-coleman-of-ween-7589761

“We’re doing so much rehearsal work, overcoming a lot of emotional strife, drama…wading through a pond of poo to get to the flowery meadow under a blue sky and open sun. That moment when we’ll walk out, everything will be love and magic, and, yeah, I imagine there’ll be an ovation for like twenty minutes. Which will be intense. It’ll bury all the bullshit; it’ll squash everything and anything else there is, and we’ll be under a roar of love and appreciation that you can’t walk away from or pretend to be unaffected by.”

You're god damned right there will be a massive ovation. The crowd is going to go absolutely out of their minds when the band steps on the stage.

me your dad fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 9, 2016

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Tuesday is pizza day.

Jealous of all you US/travelling goons, have an awesome time out there.
I can still hope for some good videos to come out of this at least...

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Have fun everyone in Colorado! wish I was there.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

From the pics/videos so far it looks like a hell of a big brown party. Equal parts happy and jealous!

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

WEEN
1st Bank Center, Broomfield, CO.
2-12-16

What Deaner Was Talkin' About
Buckingham Green
Beacon Light
Bananas and Blow
Japanese Cowboy
Spinal Meningitis (Got Me Down)
Now I'm Freaking Out
Roses Are Free
A Tear for Eddie
Your Party
How High Can You Fly
Nan
Puerto Rican Power
Tick
Wayne's Pet Youngin'
The Goin' Gets Tough
Mister Richard Smoker
Wavin' My Dick in the Wind
Gabrielle
Ooh Va La
Awesome Sound
The Stallion, Part 3
Big Jilm
Licking the Palm for Guava
Mushroom Festival in Hell
Even If You Don't
Sorry Charlie
With My Own Bare Hands
Don't Laugh (I Love You)
Boys Club
Homo Rainbow

ENCORES:
Fiesta
Buenas Tardes Amigo

sout
Apr 24, 2014

https://archive.org/details/ween2016-02-12.ck930.flac16a

Some audio recordings here.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Good setlist.

So that was a good show. The Gabrielle smoked and the Ooh Va La > Awesome Sound was rad.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 14, 2016

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

And night 2:

Pork Roll Egg and Cheese
Take Me Away
Transdermal Celebration
Back to Basom
Mister, Would You Please Help My Pony?
The Grobe
Stroker Ace
Object
Ice Castles
The Golden Eel
Happy Colored Marbles
Kim Smoltz
Tried and True
Baby Bitch
Help Me Scrape the Mucus off My Brain
Joppa Road
I Don't Want It
Frank
She Fucks Me
Ocean Man
You hosed Up
Poopship Destroyer
The Rift
Transitions
Ace of Spades
Laura

This is nuts!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Tonight was loving amazing.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
drat I would have preferred tonight's set over last night but I'm not complaining

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
That's a sick show

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That setlist is missing a few songs. After Laura was Zoloft then Doctor Rock. And the encore was Pollo Asado and Demon Sweat.

Show was incredible, I've seen Ween over 20 times and that was definitely one of the best I've seen from them. Sound in that arena is atrocious, but they overcame that to put on an amazing show anyway.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Yeah, I'm pretty jealous now. First night was a good show, but nothing crazy. 2nd night looks super good.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
There will be a livestream of tonight's show!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Apparently this is the link:

BigFactory posted:

Live stream is fake.

well gently caress everything

hexwren fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 15, 2016

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Live stream is fake.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jXNsEPaJjY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cGc_MwhOd4

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Feb 15, 2016

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer
I've never had a weekend as good as this one. Today, CCjr had a 10 minute drum solo and later broke deaner's guitar. already buying NY tix because holy poo poo WEEN IS TOURING

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Ween release the Caesar tapes.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
That was quite the romantic set they played last night.

Edit: I haven't listened to V-day yet, but Saturday night was a beast. I was pretty cynical about the reunion, but they seem to actually be having fun. Hope they plow through and keep going.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 15, 2016

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Ween release the Caesar tapes.

Yeah this needs to get updated. I don't have plat so someone else would need to pm a mod if we choose a new title.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Harminoff posted:

Yeah this needs to get updated. I don't have plat so someone else would need to pm a mod if we choose a new title.

update it to "Ween broke up :("

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
are there good audio rips of these shows? god drat I wish I could've been there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

JAMOOOL posted:

are there good audio rips of these shows? god drat I wish I could've been there

archive.org has audience tapes of all three nights, no info on any soundboards or official releases.