Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/318649/concern-on-customer-service-and-ship-credit

some fukkin butthurt special snowflake posted about customer service on the concern forum!!!! probably a vested critique of Gardiner, Sandi...RUDE :fuzzknot:. Good thing mods took care of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Samizdata posted:

"I believe" at no point did I say it was actually fun. "It seems" I was more citing the POTENTIAL of fun at some indeterminate point in the future. (Actually, I was sort of digging the sort of vague sandbox Dead Space vibe that was going on.)

I wish the game went total Dead Space on that role players face at the most crucial moment of his role playing. When he woke up and used the toilet. *toilet face guard plops down* *Deadspace Horrer pops inside your face*

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Kakarot posted:

We should have these in the verse

Don't wanna ruin it for you buuuut I'm pretty sure that's not actually a monorail, because if it is then that staircase behind it must be MASSIVE :v:

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
take it deep baby paaaarp

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
The Stimperial vessel has docked in Wilmslow in the heart of Manchester.
Lord Crobbler is now at large . So that's a load of work in the bin ....................

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ZenMaster posted:

Wait fuzzknot was banned?

Apparently for threatening to kill someone. Sandi i think. But im not sure of the context because im really tired and cant thunk right now.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

A Neurotic Jew posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/318649/concern-on-customer-service-and-ship-credit

some fukkin butthurt special snowflake posted about customer service on the concern forum!!!! probably a vested critique of Gardiner, Sandi...RUDE :fuzzknot:. Good thing mods took care of it.

Yeah how would we know how to feel without a poll anyway? What do you mean ADD a poll? That's ridiculous. They only do that when they move other threads to the concern forum.

They should really should just call it the "your thread is a sleeping elderly person and this forum is the pillow forced onto their face" forum.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

ZenMaster posted:

Wait fuzzknot was banned?

Seems like just a week time out.

redwalrus posted:

take it deep baby paaaarp

Love the art edits

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

So...

I'll never be on Pgabz's level, but tonight I drank a bunch of bottom shelf bourbon and made you guys this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oth4baAuOA

Not bad, all in all. Needed the music balanced a bit better (I still really have no clue what it was other than some kind of background noise - OH! CIG ripoff idea! MP3 kiosks! (Do not steal!)). Other than that, pretty drat funny! O7

So, what do all you commandos use for your awesome vidya editing?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

EightAce posted:

The Stimperial vessel has docked in Wilmslow in the heart of Manchester.
Lord Crobbler is now at large . So that's a load of work in the bin ....................

G0RF posted:

Meanwhile, in a conference room overseas, a hastily-assembled gathering of already war-wounded CIG developers stare hollowly at their portly, manic leader.

'It has happened yet again', this they discern before he opens his mouth. Some new triviality, conceived in a fever-dream, born without gestation, will now be made an urgency of the highest-possible priority. This they knew the moment he reached for the red marker.

That bloody red marker!

The last time it was wielded so spastically, it demanded a procedural generation video, one which zoomed out from an extreme close up on the pupil of a soldier aside his ship, then out to reveal the subterranean hangar where he stood, then out higher to include the detailed of the planet Nyx's mining camp, then higher still to reveal the mountainous terrain of a PG planet, then higher still above clouds to finally end in space, the planet now dark ball eclipsing a distant star.

'Oh how fussy he was about that final image!', they remembered. Their leader never said it but of course they knew. It was a subtle dig at the Elite:Horizons logo, a little jab between frenemies to serve notice that "I'm coming for you, Braben. Anything you can do I can do better." Yet it was clear then as it was now there was a hint of fear powering this mania. Insecurity. A sense that without a cunning defense-- even an illusory one-- that he very well might lose customers to that frenemy.

Their leader now starts to spell out their new objective, meaningless couplets ('ultra-immersive', 'mega-fidelity') littering the whiteboard as he mumbles to himself in a frantic staccato.

In only a minute, their new task emerges from the buzzword jumble on the board.

'Arena Commander: Elite Combat' will become their sole priority. A standalone PC title, available for Steam, must be delivered in weeks. He hadn't said dates, or platforms-- yet they knew. They just knew.

Would that he trusted them, that would be enough. This would be a softer monkey wrench than many he's thrown at them. Yet he didn't, and it won't. And this they know before the catering carts start rolling in with enough food to last them 12 hours, though they've been there six already.

And then the session truly begins as he finally turns to address them.

"Let's talk about procedurally-generated hyper-explosions.... Oh-- and cockpit bobble-heads. With damage states. And PS4 friendly. And VR compatibility."

---

And somewhere, amidst the quadrophonic hum of groans and sighs, a smile, lit by the light of a phone held too close, breaks out on a lone developer's pasty face. Rockstar London is calling back. He will take the call, and no matter the offer, no matter the moving expense, he will take the job.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

alf_pogs posted:

anything else you can rememver about this if i go huntin for it? i love poo poo comics and the novel "blood music" is one of my all time favez

Found it, the Bio Apocalypse
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2814218&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

For anyone else who wants to read some more...stiumlating material

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Toops posted:

We do need a community manager

Can I be the community manager's thug and reprehensibly villainous mouthpiece and lackey? I am not fat (chubby, but nonLesnickian), but I WILL work for jewelry...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Also FREE :fuzzknot:!

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Solarin posted:

Just noticed catching up: is :fuzzknot: the first probation of this thread? That's brutal to be cast out when the odometer is about to roll over to 2000 that's a moment we will all treasure. When our loved ones ask where we were during the defining moment of our time we can smile and point to the Oldman-head airhorn on our wall

This is awkward.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

Apparently for threatening to kill someone. Sandi i think. But im not sure of the context because im really tired and cant thunk right now.

Also she angered the Viennese with a non-veal Wiener schnitzel recipe

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

Can you write Stimpire fiction?

Of course. Most of my manuscripts take place aboard the Stimpieral Painship Evicereaper.

It opens with a young officer getting their AgonEye implant installed so they can watch the executions unblinkingly.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Feb 17, 2016

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Bootcha posted:

This is awkward.

Weird drama in a SC thread?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Star Citizen moderation is awesome.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

Yeah, not only that, but also for posting about Customer Support. Because it was the Customer Support person who suggested they make the thread in the first place :psyduck:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Bootcha posted:

This is awkward.

Yeah, if we had a pvp slider none of this would have happened

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Man, remember pre-paaaaarp when it was mostly jokes about people having to shave their pubes and space court?

I really do want somebody to eventually put together some kind of document where things like the first redwalrus photoshop appeared, where pgabz first video was posted, when Karl hosed off, and other thread milestones. Something for posterity.

A thousand thousand millenia from now, in hushed whispers the Book of THE THREAD is spoken of in The Fourth Stimpire. Possessing a Yoo Ess Bea device with an archive of THE THREAD is punishable by the worst torture followed by being sent through a sieve at a very quick velocity until dead.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
He who controls the past controls the goldmine

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Man, remember pre-paaaaarp when it was mostly jokes about people having to shave their pubes and space court?

I really do want somebody to eventually put together some kind of document where things like the first redwalrus photoshop appeared, where pgabz first video was posted, when Karl hosed off, and other thread milestones. Something for posterity.

A thousand thousand millenia from now, in hushed whispers the Book of THE THREAD is spoken of in The Fourth Stimpire. Possessing a Yoo Ess Bea device with an archive of THE THREAD is punishable by the worst torture followed by being sent through a sieve at a very quick velocity until dead.

I'd love to make the sc version of this. The thickness of the line would be how many goons support SC

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Love the art edits

The deserve a front page article.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Each pivotal timeline section should be opened with a quote from Beer signalling his own decline from optimism to the cold cruel reality of Star Citizen.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
are the moderators on the RSI forums paid staff or just cultist zealots

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
wait never mind there isn't a difference

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Please please please mods, don't close this thread just becau--

THREAD CLOSED

FOLLOW THE RULES, PLEBIAN

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Chalks posted:

You cut out the part where the grubby peasant was chastised for daring to speak to his/her betters.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I will mod the Solar Plebian forums and subject all dissenters, leavers and concern-havers to vivisection and the worst kind of penectomy

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lastdancer posted:

are the moderators on the RSI forums paid staff or just cultist zealots

I honestly didn't know there were other mods outside of Ben and homeless Santa

I think i saw a screenshot of some girl who had a sensible post to close a thread, but I dunno if she's even still a mod.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

BeefThief posted:

I will mod the Solar Plebian forums and subject all dissenters, leavers and concern-havers to vivisection and the worst kind of penectomy

Keep up the good work! Or else your ears will be sawed off and replaced with the very saws used to remove your ears which will then cut into your shoulders every time you slump with bad posture.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

boviscopophobic posted:

You cut out the part where the grubby peasant was chastised for daring to speak to his/her betters.

Quoted for unmitigated gall:

"Idiots receive no special treatment PLEB. I don't come to the stalls and tell you how to shovel poo poo now DO I?!"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

boviscopophobic posted:

yeah that was a supremely dickish mod post. managed to also get in the "dont post customer service info!" rule as well - despite customer service specifically saying "take this to the forum" hahaha. great stuff!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Toops posted:

Awesome! For source control, I'm trying out the Git/BitBucket/SourceTree flow described here:

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/cloud-build/creating-your-first-source-control-repository

It relies on Unity Cloud Build, which is only available with a Unity Pro account. I can add pro accounts to mine if you don't have one, we can chat about that depending on how deep you wanna go into this thing.

PM me and we can get real, like Johnny Hammersticks, Hammerin' away like he's...

Is Unity decent with source control yet? Last time I messed around with it SVN was recommended and binary and temp files were a pain to deal with

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
For Monty Python fans

Customer (John Cleese): Good Morning.

Owner (Michael Palin): Good morning, Sir. Welcome to Cloud Imperium games customer service!

Customer: Ah thank you my good man.

Owner: What can I do for you, Sir?

C: Well, I was, perusing the latest gaming forums and came across the game Star Citizen, it piqued my interest and made me hearken back to my adolescent immersion in Wing Commander.

O: You want to buy a package, sir?

C: Acceded.

O: Eh?

C: 'Can I buy Star citizen!

O: Ah, yes sir!

C: In a nutshell I would like to acquisition the necessary assets for a titular transference of funds !

O: Come again?

C: I would like to buy the basic Star citizen package please.

O: Oh, I thought you were complaining about the bouzouki player!

C: Oh, heaven forbid: I am one who delights in all manifestations of the Terpsichorean muse!

O: Sorry?

C: 'Ooo, Ah lahk a nice tune, 'yer forced to!

O: So he can go on playing, can he?

C: Most certainly! Now then, Star Citizen please, my good man

O: (lustily) Certainly, sir. What would you like to see in the verse we have all sorts of features available?

C: Well, eh, how about a little Dog fighting action that doesn't continually crash to desk top.

O: I'm, a-fraid we haven't quite managed that yet sir, sir.

C: Oh, never mind, how about the ability to move around 3d space without continually clipping through meshes?

O: I'm afraid we are still working on that sir, sir,it'll be ready on Monday.

C: Tish tish. No matter. Well, stout yeoman, Star marine the exciting first person stand alone that you have greatly heralded all these months, if you please.

O: Ah! weve been working on that, sir, for two weeks. then we realized its actually been there all along in the basic package.

C: 'T's Not my lucky day, is it? Aah, Multiplayer then please?

O: No

C: Procedural planets?

O: Normally, sir, yes. Today the programmer broke his wrist.

C: Ah. the ability to hunt animals?

O: Sorry.

C: Slave trading? Bounty hunting?

O: No.

C: Multi crew, per chance?

C: Trading?

C: landing on planets?

C: Procedural birds ?

O: No

C: The ability to board another players vessel and rape the occupants?

O: Ah! .... er,No.

C: A single player experience with lots of Cutscenes, perhaps?

O: Ah! We have loads of cutscenes, yessir.

C: (suprised) You do! Excellent.

O: Yessir. It's ah... full of A list actors.

C: Oh, I like A list actors.

O: Well,.. they are still tinkering with the mo cap data, sir.

C: No matter. Fetch hither the aforementioned simulation! Mmmwah!

O: I...think its a bit more 'unfinished' than you'll like it, sir.

C: I don't care how loving unfinished it is, I want to see some gameplay. Hand it over with all speed.

O: Oooooooooohhh........! (pause)

C: What now?

O: The cat's eaten it..........

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

alf_pogs posted:

yeah that was a supremely dickish mod post. managed to also get in the "dont post customer service info!" rule as well - despite customer service specifically saying "take this to the forum" hahaha. great stuff!

It's all part of the plan. Complainers message customer service, customer service tells them to post it in the forum. Mods delete complaint... No more complaints! The game is now perfect, no one complaining here, no sir!

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Star Citizen: confuse a can't
Or
How not to be seen (making a game)

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I will be sad when all these great posts and pictures dissappear in the void, but not sad enough to dig through 1950+ pages to save them

Any cool features coming out for 2.2, EightAce? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Daztek posted:

I will be sad when all these great posts and pictures dissappear in the void, but not sad enough to dig through 1950+ pages to save them

Any cool features coming out for 2.2, EightAce? :v:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha ...................

Really !?!

• Locked thread