Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012
my life didn't truly begin until i started buying my own video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol, i looked at the fan translation patch and half the skills in the game are straight up mistranslated and have incorrect descriptions. :cool:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

lol, i looked at the fan translation patch and half the skills in the game are straight up mistranslated and have incorrect descriptions. :cool:

"B-b-b-b-but it's better this way! Totally! Absolutely perfect experience!"

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Supremezero posted:

"B-b-b-b-but it's better this way! Totally! Absolutely perfect experience!"

Said nobody ever.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

How hard is it to gently caress up "(Stat x number) percent chance of thing happen."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

How hard is it to gently caress up "(Stat x number) percent chance of thing happen."
pretty easy when you have a 5 year old's understanding of japanese and no editor

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Hommando posted:

Said nobody ever.

There's probably Someone.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

pretty easy when you have a 5 year old's understanding of japanese and no editor

So how badly did they gently caress it up?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

So how badly did they gently caress it up?

I'm going off videos of the patch so I can't cover everything, but it feels mostly like they copy/pasted similar skills with different numbers without realizing differences in the skills.

For instance, Sakura and Hinoka have small buffs to allies within 2 spaces of them. Camilla and Elise have decent buffs to units right next to them. The patch just lists them all as 'within 2 spaces,' and mixes up Camilla's offensive boost with Elise's defensive one.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

I'm going off videos of the patch so I can't cover everything, but it feels mostly like they copy/pasted similar skills with different numbers without realizing differences in the skills.

For instance, Sakura and Hinoka have small buffs to allies within 2 spaces of them. Camilla and Elise have decent buffs to units right next to them. The patch just lists them all as 'within 2 spaces,' and mixes up Camilla's offensive boost with Elise's defensive one.

I am glad that we have the opportunity to play this superior product.

Although seriously I'm assuming most of this is just them not checking over their poo poo and releasing it super quick in order to get it out before the English release renders it mostly pointless.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

Although seriously I'm assuming most of this is just them not checking over their poo poo and releasing it super quick in order to get it out before the English release renders it mostly pointless.
going by 'I will now allow you to enter the castle,' yes, absolutely.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

I think they've stopped translating and plan on just copy-pasting the localized script over to the JP version.

That's what they said they're going to do to the support convos.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Hommando posted:

I think they've stopped translating and plan on just copy-pasting the localized script over to the JP version.

That's what they said they're going to do to the support convos.

:effort:, but I suppose that's probably gonna result in a better overall product for the people who really want to pet everyone/wear swimsuits.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Speaking of beaches, does Fates have anything like Main Theme ~ Summer? :allears:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Speaking of beaches, does Fates have anything like Main Theme ~ Summer? :allears:

Unfortunately no iirc. The beach DLC doesn't even take place on a beach.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzjGL7c3ht4

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

I like that. The battle version is good too.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm getting somewhat antsy because Best Buy hasn't shipped my copy of Conquest yet, and we're two days off from release. I think it'll get here in time, but confirmation would be nice!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The Soleil support has indeed been changed.

Corrin simply puts a blindfold on her. :frogbon:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terper posted:

lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As opposed to what? I'm gonna need more context, and who is reporting this?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

As opposed to what? I'm gonna need more context, and who is reporting this?
as opposed to magic drugs to make her see people as the opposite gender

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
soleil does this blindfold smell weird to you

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

So CorrinM can marry the actual lesbian but CorrinF can't. :geno:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And the reporter is this C-S support video.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Philip Rivers posted:

she isn't a lesbian

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Philip Rivers posted:

thanks, can't wait to have this argument happen again

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Terper posted:

Hmmmmmmmmm

I do not think this is necesarily any better.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

Hmmmmmmmmm

no, it's definitely less weird

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Endorph posted:

she isn't a lesbian

According to the wiki, she enjoys flirting with women and is jealous that her dad got to marry her hot mom. :geno:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

If it was that easy maybe she should have just closed her eyes

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think that change is clever. I was expecting a simple "Do you want to try this?" "Yes." but the blindfold thing is funny.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Crazy thought, let's not have an argument about this again?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

she is a character who likes hitting on women and finds them attractive but is only seriously romantically interested in men. you can argue about whether or not that is a weird character to put into a video game or the various tropes in japanese media that lead to that being a thing someone would write, but going 'she's a lesbian' is not really accurate or true. Especially when she has like 17 lines of dialogue where she mentions that guys are fine, but girls are more fun to hit on.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Carlosologist posted:

I'm getting somewhat antsy because Best Buy hasn't shipped my copy of Conquest yet, and we're two days off from release. I think it'll get here in time, but confirmation would be nice!

This is me, I've checked order status like 5 times today. I'm less worried about it getting here on time and more worried about them flat out cancelling my LE preorder.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Junpei Hyde posted:

Hmmmmmmmmm

... no, I'm pretty sure that's about 10-20x better.

Minimum.

Philip Rivers posted:

According to the wiki, she enjoys flirting with women and is jealous that her dad got to marry her hot mom. :geno:

Wiki are the most reliable thing in the world, after all.

katkillad2 posted:

This is me, I've checked order status like 5 times today. I'm less worried about it getting here on time and more worried about them flat out cancelling my LE preorder.

Superior digital pre-load is superior!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

edit: i don't think its any dumber than magic gender-sight powder, I just think its funny that there's people that will be outraged about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

no, it's definitely less weird

Oh yeah. I just remembered the Japanese version.

• Locked thread