Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

track day bro! posted:

Pretty sure the block orginates from the Nissan R390 gt1 car which ricardo had a hand in.

I swear I recall reading the same thing but now that I'm looking for it I can't find poo poo about it. Explains why it's a badass motor though.

Doc Morbid posted:

but enough about Lotus and Ferrari drivers in the 60s

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

learnincurve posted:

I know we all know it was obvious but Schumacher's Manager has finally ended the speculation and given confirmation of vegetable status . Quite why they couldn't have just said this 2 years ago instead of complaining whenever the press started rumours to get answers I do not know.

"Of course, Michael is not here and of course we miss him. We know what has happened and cannot change it. We must accept it and hope with everything we have that, with continued support and patience, he will one day be back with us"

I wasn't aware there was a cure for brain damage. Brains don't work like that, yes if there is damage to certain areas of the brain, for example in the event of a stroke, (which is minor damage) then therapy can help re-wire your brain so a undamaged part of your brain takes over those functions but the damage is still going to be there. When it's this serious then that's it, game over, you have as much change of coming back as an alzheimer's patient and no amount of support, love, or hashtags are going to make this not true.

Jesus christ. You literally took that quote completely out of context. His manager is referencing the fact that it is sad Schumi isn't there with them for the opening of the museum. :getout:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kehm-hopes-schumacher-is-back-with-us-one-day-673850/

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Article I saw didn't mention that, they said it was in response to a question about how he was :colbert:

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
In other bad news Will Stevens has lost his seat. Instead looks like the last F1 seat is going to an Indonesian - Rio Haryanto.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...-departure.html

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

ukle posted:

In other bad news Will Stevens has lost his seat. Instead looks like the last F1 seat is going to an Indonesian - Rio Haryanto.

I suspect they'll rotate their drivers

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

I suspect they'll rotate their drivers

That was the rumour going around, but the Telegraph journalist seems sure they have decided to just go with 1 driver for the other seat and not do a Rossi / Haryanto time share deal.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ukle posted:

So they're planning to be a one car team then.

Not a bad idea though, find someone quick and then find the person who will literally pay the most and be able to get a super licence.

Actually Ryo doesn't qualify for one, he's got 20 points and you need 40.

So are the FIA going to refuse him or are they going to ignore their own rules at literally the 1st time of asking.

EDIT : Ah he has one from testing milage under the old system so he's grandfathered in.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 17, 2016

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

GramCracker posted:

I swear I recall reading the same thing but now that I'm looking for it I can't find poo poo about it. Explains why it's a badass motor though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLaren_M838T_engine

Looks like it was destined for indycar too, but the Nissan link is there as the design is from TWR who built the R390.

ukle posted:

I dont know how the grid will cope with out Big Will 'bantasauras rex' Steves epic bantz. A sad day for F1.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Here's a poo poo leaked photo of a poo poo car

http://imgur.com/LCxGxju

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Brainwrong posted:

Here's a poo poo leaked photo of a poo poo car

http://imgur.com/LCxGxju

Oof.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Not bad. Yellow was virtually non existent on the grid but now Haas (allegedly), Renault, and RB are incorporating more of it. Anything is better than some variation of silver IMO.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Look at that grinning twonk. You won't be grinning so much when you can't qualify higher than 15th because your boss pissed off your engine supplier.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
is that matte paint? :eyepop:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'd just like to point out that Red Bull literally have fewer sponsors than McLaren

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Tsaedje posted:

I'd just like to point out that Red Bull literally have fewer sponsors than McLaren

Not surprising when you openly bash your biggest partner for two year straight.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

That car actually looks good. Can't remember last time I said that about a F1 car.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Simplifying the colour palette from the navy/purple/red/yellow/white/silver mess they had the last couple of seasons to mainly just navy/yellow/red was always going to improve things

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Disappointed they didn't go with Comic Sans for the big red writing.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Hey guys, I've completely checked out this off season and have not followed a single thing. Literally have no read or seen a thing since the last race.

Can someone give me a brief rundown or point me to one of everything that's happened this off season.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Gozinbulx posted:

Can someone give me a brief rundown or point me to one of everything that's happened this off season.

Relatively gently caress all. Except engines now sound more louder.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Gozinbulx posted:

Hey guys, I've completely checked out this off season and have not followed a single thing. Literally have no read or seen a thing since the last race.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Formula_One_season for driver/team/regulation changes. Otherwise it's been pretty quiet, testing starts next week.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Tsaedje posted:

Of course Red Bull can afford to throw $200 million at it from their core business without blinking.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

Tsaedje posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Formula_One_season for driver/team/regulation changes. Otherwise it's been pretty quiet, testing starts next week.

Haas F1 is actually a thing now?? How is this "gently caress all" holy poo poo

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Gozinbulx posted:

Pastor got replaced with K-mag by Renault who bought out Lotus.

We know nothing else for certain.

Edit: Also haas have hired a man who can't pronounce his H's.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That's a good looking car. Shame it's rbr.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Apparently McHondas engine is still an unreliable piece of poo poo thanks to the poo poo turbo...

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gozinbulx posted:

Haas F1 is actually a thing now?? How is this "gently caress all" holy poo poo

....wait, what? Did you just miss the weeks worth of Haas news that's been everywhere?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

This pic makes me angry on so many different levels I never knew existed.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Who is the homeless looking center left millennial?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Everybody on stage apart from ARE Ricky looks like their pet dog just died.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
That livery makes it look like they lost a bunch of sponsors.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

Apparently McHondas engine is still an unreliable piece of poo poo thanks to the poo poo turbo...

Let's hope it's at least fast this time.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

that looks like a proper race car

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

keevo posted:

That livery makes it look like they lost a bunch of sponsors.

That's probably something to do with the bunch of sponsors they lost.

Interesting they pissed off Renault but apparently not Total.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Did they lose Casio? Rip

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

El Hefe posted:

Huh? But I thought the start-up sound clip proved they solved all their problems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Alain Post posted:

Did they lose Casio? Rip

My gain. Going to make some calls.

• Locked thread