Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Did Nintendo just not make a lot of LEs or something because it seems they've been in a constant state of sold out since they were a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man they change this class up poo poo in every game, I can't keep up. I honestly miss the days of straight up 20/20, nice and simple. I always feel like I'm loving up in this new system.

That being said, can someone give me a basic overview of how/when to class change and into what? I'm mostly concerned because my Kamui just hit level 10 and thus has the last skill for the starting class and now I dunno if I should change her to her alternate class or upgrade her to her second tier class or what even.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Did Nintendo just not make a lot of LEs or something because it seems they've been in a constant state of sold out since they were a thing.

How many LE's did you expect to be made? Because it's certainly under a million.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Philip Rivers posted:

I really didn't like Yggdra Union. The combat just doesn't feel responsive enough to be enjoyable and I get bored by the 2nd or 3rd level every time I try to pick it up.
The combat hasn't introduced any of its gimmicks or twists by the 2nd or 3rd map. Like almost none of the mechanics in the game exist at that point.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man they change this class up poo poo in every game, I can't keep up. I honestly miss the days of straight up 20/20, nice and simple. I always feel like I'm loving up in this new system.

That being said, can someone give me a basic overview of how/when to class change and into what? I'm mostly concerned because my Kamui just hit level 10 and thus has the last skill for the starting class and now I dunno if I should change her to her alternate class or upgrade her to her second tier class or what even.
... i mean, just promote her at 20 and then level her again. you can, uh, do that. the game functions fine if you just do that.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

The combat hasn't introduced any of its gimmicks or twists by the 2nd or 3rd map. Like almost none of the mechanics in the game exist at that point.

... i mean, just promote her at 20 and then level her again. you can, uh, do that. the game functions fine if you just do that.

Hell, did unions even exist yet at that point?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I'm still going to marry Anna, honestly

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Endorph posted:

But then I'm not making my character as strong as they can possibly be, and that triggers my horrible minmaxing autism. Which is terrible for me, as I'm absolute poo poo at minmaxing.

Not that I particularly need to minmax, mind, the game seems well balanced even on Lunatic, unlike Awakening, but it still triggers me to know I could've made my characters even further OP.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Scrap Dragon posted:

I'm still going to marry Anna, honestly
her dlc won't be out for a bit

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Does anyone know if I start conquest digitally then switch over to the LE my save will carry over? I thought my LE preorder had been cancelled but I guess not so now I have a LE and a preloaded conquest

e: I have a several hour bus ride tomorrow to the city the preorder is in so I'd rather not just wait and start on the LE

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 18, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

Does anyone know if I start conquest digitally then switch over to the LE my save will carry over? I thought my LE preorder had been cancelled but I guess not so now I have a LE and a preloaded conquest
give me your preload

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Better yet, give me your LE.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Endorph posted:

It'll be out just in time for Revelations

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Endorph posted:

I admire those who wait(ed) to get married until their character of choice is actually available.

It must have been a trial for anyone that spoiled themselves ahead of time for Awakening and decided they wanted to make Emmeryn or Priam their significant other.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Counting down the hours until I become the champion of anime

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Supremezero posted:

Hell, did unions even exist yet at that point?
Unions are only introduced in bf3, just in time for Eudy and Aegina to wreck you with them.

What's that? You wanted the Flamberge? Hahahahahaha! :fuckoff:

Exaccus
Jan 2, 2015

"Hmph. Not much of a selection, is there?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SBlsUqCx-I

Peri's VA is :mrgw:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

*sweats profusely*

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

augh i'm at work i can't hear ittttttttt

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

that last line, whoa baby calm down lets not get ahead of ourselves

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

augh i'm at work i can't hear ittttttttt

There's a line where she licks blood off your lips followed by a very suggestive mmm~

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

There's a line where she licks blood off your lips followed by a very suggestive mmm~

She also makes you a cheese sandwich.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
What did they do to poor Effie?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

JamMasterJim posted:

They gave her some protein.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Not a fan of this new information tempting me to stray from my path this close to release..

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

You know, thinking about it, I'm probably just not going to bother marrying Las(z)low off at all. Be way easier to just not bring Soleil into my game at all rather than obsessing over what has or hasn't been done with her.

Realistically I'll probably still do it eventually, but we'll see how I feel when I actually get around to Conquest.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
I'm going to be paralyzed by choices. Who's going to marry who? Who will be the perfect anime waifu? This game is terrible. Ugh.

Going to spend way too many hours playing this and more digimon.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

JamMasterJim posted:

they made her awesome

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Not a fan of this new information tempting me to stray from my path this close to release..

Yeah, I'm really heavily reconsidering if I want to get Conquest first or not. Even if Birthright is simpler/easier, the setting is just so much cooler and all the characters are rad. Plus, just now I'm realizing that Conquest doesn't even have Peg Knights which are easily my favorite class in the series. Nohr is a dumb sham :saddowns:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Yeah, I'm really heavily reconsidering if I want to get Conquest first or not. Even if Birthright is simpler/easier, the setting is just so much cooler and all the characters are rad. Plus, just now I'm realizing that Conquest doesn't even have Peg Knights which are easily my favorite class in the series. Nohr is a dumb sham :saddowns:

Selena has Peg Knight as a reclass option, and Azura's kid is a peg knight.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also they're Sky Knights in this game.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Senerio posted:

Also they're Sky Knights in this game.

hisssssssss

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also you can choose your secondary class to be Sky Knight and whoever you marry can then also become a Sky Knight, and Azura also has Sky Knight as a reclass option, so whoever she marries has access to it, and if you pair Selena up with Laslow then he too can become a Sky Knight

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
And Azura has Peg Knight as an option.

Not that you'd ever have her do so, but the choice is there.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Eh, songstress/dancer was never something I really found useful, so I'd probably put Azura into something else

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Oh boy. Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.
So does Peri have axes as an option somewhere along the line because I think she was meant to take a killer axe and kill.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The clear answer is to marry Azura to Jakob and make her kid a Malig Knight.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

BillmasterCozb posted:

Eh, songstress/dancer was never something I really found useful, so I'd probably put Azura into something else

:crossarms:

Exaccus
Jan 2, 2015

"Hmph. Not much of a selection, is there?"
There was a thread on the subreddit saying that its possible to have every single unit in conquest to be a Hero, either through marriage, inheritance, or friendship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Oneavi posted:

So does Peri have axes as an option somewhere along the line because I think she was meant to take a killer axe and kill.

She can become a great knight.

• Locked thread