Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

C'mon guys loving SKARNER had his time where he was always picked and banned. Can't Galio have his moment? :(

he was pretty good when he was new in season 1

actually i think the european teams still played him at the s1 world championships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

henkman posted:

galio ult is a much bigger area than tibbers, and annie is also like galio pretty reliant on flash to get good ults off

galio also has to build a banshees and even then isnt guaranteed to not get hosed over by udyr or talon or rammus. However please dont buff Galio, the big stupid poo poo that nobody likes, please instead nerf the stupid little mathlete that nobody likes

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I played Galio today and it was okay with CDR boots and that master that reduces summoner spells but man you are kinda useless without flash and he should probs have a ranged auto and maybe increase either the projectile speed of Q or the damage on E or something

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

A Stupid Baby posted:

galio also has to build a banshees and even then isnt guaranteed to not get hosed over by udyr or talon or rammus. However please dont buff Galio, the big stupid poo poo that nobody likes, please instead nerf the stupid little mathlete that nobody likes

What can Talon do?

edit: Lol wait, could Rammus taunt an Ulting Galio and disrupt his ult?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Tequila Sunrise posted:

What can Talon do?

No, dude, powerball, c'mon :cripes:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Poulpe posted:

No, dude, powerball, c'mon :cripes:

Yes I understand he can Powerball him, I was asking if he could also taunt him, because the image of that happening is hilarious. Would Galio stop ulting just to punch Rammus in the mouth?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
No, because you can't use abilities while taunted

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Dr. Video Games 0150 posted:

You'll know you have reached decent mmr when after your team takes first inhibitor they back or take another objective and don't suicide to nexus turrets. This is about mid platinum

I just had two teammates take the middle inhib, rotate and take the top tower, and then, with everyone on the enemy team up again, dive another inhib tower to try and kill the support, fail, and then die.
In the ensuing 3v5, the enemy team tried to take baron but missed the smite, lost it, and then got steamrolled.
But not before my baroned up jungler died trying to steal blue buff while we pushed top (we were blue side, so the buff was the opposite side of the map).

This was at plat 4, with an average mmr around Plat 2/3, and 3/5 members of my team were mid/low Diamond last season.
It never ends, there will always be new and exciting mistakes. And the same mistakes.

This world is hell.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Tequila Sunrise posted:

What can Talon do?

Talon used to have a silence but he lost it a long time ago, he can't stop Galio ult

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Tequila Sunrise posted:

What can Talon do?

Oh I meant Xin not Talon. Braum too, come to think of it. Renekton if you're spectacularly unlucky.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

All of which is stupid. He's a gargoyle that turns to stone, nothing should stop his ult.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Those are just the hilarious things by which you can basically cancel your own ult. The amount of things that can gently caress him up from outside its range are too numerous to mention.

If he just went into Olaf mode and was guaranteed to get a full channel ult that would be the most obnoxious thing in the world. Second to Annie.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Is Rumble jungle a thing because they removed the damage reduction on flamespitter? I mean a danger zone'd Rumble + mini Ludens hurts like hell but that's all I can figure as to why I've seen two of them now. It's kinda annoying as hell.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Servaetes posted:

Is Rumble jungle a thing because they removed the damage reduction on flamespitter? I mean a danger zone'd Rumble + mini Ludens hurts like hell but that's all I can figure as to why I've seen two of them now. It's kinda annoying as hell.
It was played in Korea, it got popular elsewhere. The idea is that his clear is so good now and his ultimate is on such a low cooldown that he's got pretty strong ganks all game and does a decent amount of damage, too.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

It was played in Korea, it got popular elsewhere. The idea is that his clear is so good now and his ultimate is on such a low cooldown that he's got pretty strong ganks all game and does a decent amount of damage, too.

Yeah. I swore that Flamespitter had massive penalties to monsters and minions and maybe they removed it, which explains the extremely effective clear

it's been at least a good year or so since i played Rumble consistently though but I'm like so very sure there was a penalty associated

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Feb 19, 2016

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Yeah. I swore that Flamespitter had massive penalties to monsters and minions and maybe they removed it, which explains the extremely effective clear

it's been at least a good year or so since i played Rumble consistently though but I'm like so very sure there was a penalty associated

There was. They also nerfed him in lane and that plus the flamespitter changes (doubled ticks, harder to kite/control last hitting) and his increased ult cd hosed him. He can't lane bully anymore, basically, but now can clear really well and out of the jungle the ult is still solid.

RealFoxy posted:

Papa Smithy, noted OGN caster, one tricked his way to Diamond in Korea with jungle Rumble.

foutre fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 19, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tank Karma trip report, she can't lane bully as hard because of the lack of offensive runes/masteries but holy drat once she gets RoA and Visage

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

Tank Karma trip report, she can't lane bully as hard because of the lack of offensive runes/masteries but holy drat once she gets RoA and Visage

I think my favorite thing was having morgana and shen on the same team as tank karma , at that point it was basically invincibility.
Bonus points because both mid and top had TP so one of you would teleport in and then I would ulti in from bot, it was wonderful.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Poor Ao Shin. I thought they could just combine Pantheon and Janna's ult and bam he got his ult but oh well.

dragons are overrated anyway

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Servaetes posted:

Can anyone touch more on this? I actually mained Rumble in my tryhard days after watching the lolsoc video, and I really love unconventional jungle roles.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Dr. Video Games 0150 posted:

Not saying anything ever isn't the most effective I think. Ideally you would have a hot key that types "good job" when someone on your team makes a good play. It will backfire occasionally because people get a little crazy and goof off occasionally, but generally being proactively positive is worth the effort.

You'll know you have reached decent mmr when after your team takes first inhibitor they back or take another objective and don't suicide to nexus turrets. This is about mid platinum

Right on I will give this a try.

Also, this video has changed my young ranked queue life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEKi_9zumIU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Can anyone touch more on this? I actually mained Rumble in my tryhard days after watching the lolsoc video, and I really love unconventional jungle roles.

Flamespitter used to do only 50% damage to monsters which they removed a few patches ago.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Firebert posted:

Flamespitter used to do only 50% damage to monsters which they removed a few patches ago.

Right, I got that.

So how would you want to play him? Obviously he could have really good ganks Post-6, and with his speed boost+E slow+Stalker's blade he would be drat hard to get away from for basically everyone. And he could essentially counterjungle extremely quickly with his Q, maybe using Poacher's Knife to lay down a lot more vision?

What kind of build would you go? Since swifties are getting nerfed and he really likes MPen, I would assume Runic Echoes>Sorc Shoes>Haunting Guise/Rylai's? Depending on what your team needed maybe switch out the early damage of Rylai's for a RoA and then go a little tankier?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Don't go RoA (slow/wasted stats, and you want Rylais etc. too badly), but otherwise you're on the right track.

Echoes with ward smite into Sorcs generally, with alacrity later on -- you probably won't need a combat smite for ganks, and the wards are really strong. From there, Rylais is core and Zhonyas is often good, but Abyssal is a solid tank item as well (instead of RoA) and Liandries is solid for damage.

He works really well with pick/teamfight comp -- on my 5s team we run him with stuff like Lux/Naut/Braum, has solid ganks but excels at jungle fights and generally fighting around his ult cd. You will need tanks elsewhere, but if you can get a comp with him rolling it's really strong.

e: Also, you can do the level 6 at 6 minutes power farm cheese, a la Diana, if your comp allows -- it's easy to get ahead by powerfarming IF your lanes are ok and then force a fight.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Right, I got that.

So how would you want to play him? Obviously he could have really good ganks Post-6, and with his speed boost+E slow+Stalker's blade he would be drat hard to get away from for basically everyone. And he could essentially counterjungle extremely quickly with his Q, maybe using Poacher's Knife to lay down a lot more vision?

What kind of build would you go? Since swifties are getting nerfed and he really likes MPen, I would assume Runic Echoes>Sorc Shoes>Haunting Guise/Rylai's? Depending on what your team needed maybe switch out the early damage of Rylai's for a RoA and then go a little tankier?

cinderhulk -> titanic hydra -> full tank to taste

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

This made me cry.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

henkman posted:

cinderhulk -> titanic hydra -> full tank to taste

Is this real life?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Rylai's is honestly kinda poo poo on Rumble since they completely removed slow stacking, just build pen and hourglass if needed.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
So I typically pull up the champion.gg profile for the champ I am playing and just follow the highest win % build order. Now that I'm starting to develop an understanding of the items and their uses I feel like its time to start making my own decisions based on what's happening in the game.

My question is: If I am losing my lane, is it appropriate to skip a damage item for a defensive item? Most of the Champion.gg build orders don't list defensive items until the 4th item or so and at my elo that can sometimes be super late in the game.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

amazeballs posted:

So I typically pull up the champion.gg profile for the champ I am playing and just follow the highest win % build order. Now that I'm starting to develop an understanding of the items and their uses I feel like its time to start making my own decisions based on what's happening in the game.

My question is: If I am losing my lane, is it appropriate to skip a damage item for a defensive item? Most of the Champion.gg build orders don't list defensive items until the 4th item or so and at my elo that can sometimes be super late in the game.

Yes. They are the highest winrate builds because they are ahead and therefore building damage and getting ahead tends to mean you win.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

First game new Kog'Maw:

This champion is disgusting.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
so uh, solo queue was supposed to be out by now right? the original timeline was along the lines of a few weeks iirc

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i've been in queue for 25 minutes now and im in silver 1 a m a

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I just had a fun Kog game too but instead of having a bunch of champs who can never get to you I faced off against a Kalista/Alistar/Diana. Still won though!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
yeah this is what im against right now

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Luna Was Here posted:

yeah this is what im against right now

E:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Tell me the best/most fun tank and jungle champs they're the two roles I've played the least.

e: Separately, not together.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Lady Naga posted:

Tell me the best/most fun tank and jungle champs they're the two roles I've played the least.

e: Separately, not together.

Nautilus and Nautilus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Yeah I'm a few IP off from Naut and he's my first pick but options sound good.

• Locked thread