Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Exaccus
Jan 2, 2015

"Hmph. Not much of a selection, is there?"
As someone who was lucky enough to get one of the narwhal-level scarce SE, im still jealous about people whore gonna play in 40 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the badge bunny is horned up for sakura

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Exaccus posted:

As someone who was lucky enough to get one of the narwhal-level scarce SE, im still jealous about people whore gonna play in 40 minutes

Just buy a digital copy too, what are you, poor?!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Hey Endorph, what's the point in capturing random enemy units? I got like a dark mage and an archer in my group now and I just never really see any reason I would ever field them beyond maybe some sort of ultra gimmicky run.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I don't remember an hour being so long.

:agreed:

This is the worst.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

stop calling me that.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Hey Endorph, what's the point in capturing random enemy units? I got like a dark mage and an archer in my group now and I just never really see any reason I would ever field them beyond maybe some sort of ultra gimmicky run.

Why not?

It lets you use classes that your side normally can't have, but beyond that, the only answer is for the fun of it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

generics have basically no purpose, but specific bosses that you can capture can have some interesting skill sets/high bases/good growths, especially on lunatic. The guy you can catch in chapter 13 nohr with 21 defense and all the peg knight skills even though he's an oni is a big one, and the berserker twins from kanna's paralogue actually have the highest growths in the game.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

youll be happy to know i got peri with my one free play

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

That reminds me of how the bunny thought I should team up with Elise.

I am not sure if this is good or bad.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Super No Vacancy posted:

youll be happy to know i got peri with my one free play

make yourself a cheese sandwich to celebrate

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Wow, I just got some HIDDEN BACKSTORY for attacking what seemed like a fairly random boss guy with a specific unit. That's nuts.

On another note, am I just getting lucky or is Saizou's Strength growth nuts? He's INCREDIBLY powerful in my game right now, to the point where I see no reason to ever use Kaze (after I marry him off to someone of course).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

Wow, I just got some HIDDEN BACKSTORY for attacking what seemed like a fairly random boss guy with a specific unit. That's nuts.
That happens in a lot of FE games. It just skipped Awakening because Awakening Is Bad, ayyy.

Infinity Gaia posted:

On another note, am I just getting lucky or is Saizou's Strength growth nuts? He's INCREDIBLY powerful in my game right now, to the point where I see no reason to ever use Kaze (after I marry him off to someone of course).
Saizou's str growth is higher than Kaze's, but it isn't the highest of the ninjas.

Kaze's: 40
Saizou's: 55
Kagerou's: 70

Essentially, Kaze's is very fast and lucky, Saizou is the balanced, sturdy one, and Kagerou has the best offensive stats but is inaccurate and flimsy.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Are you sure you didn't just kill a character

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh Endorph can you link or post your thing about special recruitment conditions again. there were only like twi that weren't' talk
to somebody with your lord' maybe?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

What's the catch to kagerou's fat-rear end strength growth

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

That happens in a lot of FE games. It just skipped Awakening because Awakening Is Bad, ayyy.

speakin of which, is fates like awakening where every enemy or green unit you recruit is talked to via the main character or are there situations like using priscilla to recruit revan

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ruggington posted:

Are you sure you didn't just kill a character

Preeeetty sure considering the context of said backstory. I could've maybe captured the guy, I dunno, but it was definitely not a character in the regular sense.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

oh Endorph can you link or post your thing about special recruitment conditions again. there were only like twi that weren't' talk
to somebody with your lord' maybe?

Birthright:
Kaze will leave in Birthright if you, as in the avatar, don't have an A support with him by chapter 16.

Asugi, Saizou's kid, needs to be talked to before he leaves the map, or else he's gone for good.

Mitama, Azama's kid, needs to have her village visited 3 times.

Yukimura will join a battle after you upgrade a puppet in your castle to level 3.

Izana will join a battle after you upgrade the hot spring in your castle to level 3.

Conquest:

Izana will join a battle after you upgrade the hot spring in your castle to level 3.

Flora will join a battle after you upgrade the magic turret in your castle to level 3.

Shura will join if you spare him. If you execute him, you get some Boots.

Brother Entropy posted:

speakin of which, is fates like awakening where every enemy or green unit you recruit is talked to via the main character or are there situations like using priscilla to recruit revan

Mostly talking with your avatar. Elise does 90% of the recruiting in revelations, lol, but that's about it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cool ty

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ruggington posted:

What's the catch to kagerou's fat-rear end strength growth
low skill, shurikens aren't that strong so while she will be doing damage she won't be one shotting people, so she needs both of her hits to land, which is a problem with low skill.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

low skill, shurikens aren't that strong so while she will be doing damage she won't be one shotting people, so she needs both of her hits to land, which is a problem with low skill.

fire emblem fates is going to be cool

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Endorph posted:

That feeling of disappointment when you march Virion all the way up to Walhart just to get the generic fight dialogue

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ruggington posted:

fire emblem fates is going to be cool
the best promotion for kagero is probably master ninja so she can just sword people but on the other hand mechanist lets her use bows which are both accurate and keep her away from danger so there is an interesting choice there

Scrap Dragon posted:

That feeling of disappointment when you march Virion all the way up to Walhart just to get the generic fight dialogue
lissa having no dialogue with gangrel is a hate crime

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

man, i could see the Shura thing being an actual choice if they had it in routes other than Conquest. killing one of the few(?) archers there for a pair of boots seems dumb

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Scrap Dragon posted:

I think that pales in comparison to the feeling of despair you experience for using Virion at all.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

Birthright:
Shura will join if you spare him. If you execute him, you get some Boots.

whew, thats a hard decision, they better be real good

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

LornMarkus posted:

I think that pales in comparison to the feeling of despair you experience for using Virion at all.

Virion shits all over you.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

hello mandatory lesbian

sup friendo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

whew, thats a hard decision, they better be real good

dogsicle posted:

man, i could see the Shura thing being an actual choice if they had it in routes other than Conquest. killing one of the few(?) archers there for a pair of boots seems dumb

Shura is a pretty good prepromote, and actually has some advantages over Niles combat-wise, but if you reclass Mozu to Archer she can take up the role of your main archer pretty okay, and once people start promoting you might end up with a couple of incidental bow users, so it's a choice.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

dogsicle posted:

but, i can make a mounted unit go halfway across the map in one turn...boots so good

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I still cannot believe that the Fates New 3DS doesn't come with a copy of the game.

Guess I'm never getting a New 3DS

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boots only boost movement by one now, but you get two of them per route. so essentially you get the same boost as before, you just have the option to split it among two units. but just one of them is less valuable now. still good tho.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

hello mandatory lesbian

sup friendo

hello toxx, i'm going to bed so i can wake up early to get fire emblem in the morning!...except im real bad at the going to sleep thing haha -_-

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

But for reals this time.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Vengarr posted:

I still cannot believe that the Fates New 3DS doesn't come with a copy of the game.

Guess I'm never getting a New 3DS

They've been doing this randomly for a few years now, and it's still stupid, yeah. If the box doesn't say "includes (game)" on it, it's safe to assume it does not come with a game.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

boots only boost movement by one now, but you get two of them per route. so essentially you get the same boost as before, you just have the option to split it among two units. but just one of them is less valuable now. still good tho.

you know that's for the best, giving +2 move is stupid if i'm being honest

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

i'm so fuckin pumped for fire emblem

i have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up from gamestop tho >.>

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

I saw a dude who used a captured unit in Nohr 10 on Lunatic who had Rally Defense, which allowed him some crazy strats for an absolutely beautiful clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

dogsicle posted:

I know, Boots are better than almost any one unit.

• Locked thread