Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, like I said having the role of a Stimcouncilor is a great responsibility. We've made great progress (thanks to your research). But for the sake of our sanity I propose having in-depth discourse only on Wednesdays (That way it fits in the CIG schedule better).

We can table the teeth/deskelatization issue until then because frankly I have to think about it before my vote. Granted, we can field random Stimpire questions on off days in the mean time. Any major Stimpire lore concerns we can debate at our next session.

I hope you can second this motion, and out of mutual respect, if you disagree with my proposal I will be all ears.

I will concede, unless continuing the posts causes you pain that quintuples every femtosecond, in which case... Bite me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
hey guys

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Screw you all. I graduated 30 pages ago...

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

A Neurotic Jew posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/46iuby/cig_appears_to_have_a_great_workplace_environment/

this is that one guy who watches Sandi and Ben on AtV and thinks "look at the chemistry between those two!"

The guy that walks past a five car pile-up and thinks "That's some good parking!"

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

zecumbe posted:

lol those fucken shitizens are hilarious.

We need to get that retard Dolvak out of that sub somehow...

Dolvak is never going to leave /r/starcitizen. He has too much personally invested in being a Star Citizen thought leader. The guy who runs the bitcoin forums and subreddit is a similarly useless and toxic figure in the bitcoin community. He has made all discussion about bitcoin forks verboten, and fanned the flames of a bitcoin civil war.

So if anything, you should be encouraging him to turn into a little dictator. Bullshit rules and heavy handed moderation piss off the 'rational' fans and encourage further trolling. :getin:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/46iuby/cig_appears_to_have_a_great_workplace_environment/

this is that one guy who watches Sandi and Ben on AtV and thinks "look at the chemistry between those two!"

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

hey im going to bed, keep an eye on the thread for me

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

sup

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I got banned for my first ever post on the official forums.

A post in which I more or less outright asked for a ban. I'm sure the mods there are eager for any chance to exercise what little authority they have in their lives, and I'm more than happy to oblige.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

The Glumslinger posted:

Hey guys, maybe don't get super worked up about an idiot going all 1984 on his subreddit. We'll farm better humor by letting them eat themselves than "stirring poo poo up" with unsubtle trolling. CIG is gonna gently caress again soon, and we'll never know because it'll get lost in 1000 posts about an offsite slapfight.

Plus, who gives a poo poo, I dont care how broken the idiots are and what else they loving post about, this isn't helldump: reddit edition

yea

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

G0RF posted:

But why would you have had to buy it in 2017? You surely would've heard about it and backed it already before now, but for Derek, right? If you'd done so before 2/14/16, you'd already be entitled to it in 2017.

I wasn't interested in a space sim MMO, so I didn't pay much attention to Star Citizen other than knowing "that wing commander guy" was behind it and it had a lot of money. Heck, I wouldn't even have known that if it weren't for hanging out in the Kickstarter thread.

So I think it's conceivable that I might not have heard about SQ42 until after it had released. Or hell, even if I had heard of it, I'd have gone to their website, realized it wasn't out yet, and just made a note to check back on it after it was released.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beexoffel posted:

I hope my accent is amusing in stead of annoying.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Kw8OIaJSCL

Holy poo poo gently caress yes.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

G0RF posted:

I started on a long effort post a couple of weeks ago about the breakup but didn't finish it, but since its here, I'm just going to post some of it anyway and see a few months from now whether it proves true. It's a mix of summarization of shared thread wisdom (for newer folks and lurkers) and personal speculation (just because that's fun.)

---

the numbers for the 18th are just as bad as the 17th lol

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

intardnation posted:

Hi Dolvak and Sandi!

You made me a goon!

Thanks.

Yay!

Welcome. Welcome to the front line of the battle against the Roberts' usurpation of reality. We are the last line. We are the last hope. We are the last sane people that know anything about SC. We are the bulwark, the crenelated walls. In fact...

WARNING - INCOMING WALL OF TEXT DETECTED!

If we are mark'd to die, we are enow
To do our reality loss; and if to live,
The fewer goons, the greater share of honour.
Richard's will! I pray thee, wish not one goon more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for for my refund,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if goons my gang tags wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from Reddit.
Richard's peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more methinks would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, shitposters, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his probation shall be made,
And crowns for a new avatar taken from his purse;
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is call'd the feast of Derek.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Derek.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say "To-morrow is Saint Derek."
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say "These wounds I had on Derek's day."
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words—
Lowtax, Peter Gabriel and MeLKoR,
Colostomy Bag and Tijauna Bibliophile, Beer4TheBeerGod and Bootcha—
Be in their flowing Mountain Dews freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Derek Smart shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in subforums now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Derek's day.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 19, 2016

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Tokamak posted:

So if anything, you should be encouraging him to turn into a little dictator. Bullshit rules and heavy handed moderation piss off the 'rational' fans and encourage further trolling. :getin:

The more they radicalise in response to the goon "threat", the bigger the drop when it all crashes. Nevertheless, people like Dolvak will go elsewhere to feed their addiction, blaming all kinds of dark conspiracies along the way. Maybe he'll go 9/11 truther, or something equally amusing. This is just a classic authoritarian compaction cycle.

edit: tomorrow is Saint Derek! QED

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ash1138 posted:

Come on, we know that many things about CIG can't be measured in mere numbers, such as Chris's vision... or Sandi's vision.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Here's a job that you would do in the STIMPIRE. Only you'd be naked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NxOYkw2z54

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...me=loving+bees

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

intardnation posted:

Did that video of CR shilling for time warner ever get posted? I dont remember seeing it.

If someone is keeping a record of things it is one other thing to take note of.

Short - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7bixKY2B3M
and Long - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7bixKY2B3M

Comments enabled.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Ash1138 posted:

What is the lowest figure they've ever reported?

I really do not trust that thing. Some random Thursday with nothing important to show they bring in a bunch of money from people who were sitting on the fence and just decided they couldn't wait any longer?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Matlock Birthmark posted:

That's actually the electricity that doubles in pain every second. We'll get you hooked up in a few days.

I got dibs on dat teef!

Go ahead, son, rub one off. It'll help you relax...

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

SelenicMartian posted:

Come on, we know that many things about CIG can't be measured in mere numbers, such as Chris's vision... or Sandi's vision.

Sandi will have you know her vision has been measured and it's 15/15. Objects at fifteen feet appear just as sharp through her eagle-eyed gaze as objects at fifteen feet.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Dusty Lens posted:

What is the lowest figure they've ever reported?

I really do not trust that thing. Some random Thursday with nothing important to show they bring in a bunch of money from people who were sitting on the fence and just decided they couldn't wait any longer?

The summer had had some sub-$20k days. But any day below $75k is a bad day.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

So what is that she's wearing around her neck?

It's in case Ben falls on her and she can't get back up?

I hear Mediclert as a bariatric unit.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Finally finished putting together my SC setup so i could get full immersion / fidelity while playing spaceman game.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Yo guys, brief update, still mashing away at Solar Plebeian, but I had to deal with flying on planes so that always shits up the works. I'm now like 30 pages behind but I assume most of it is shitposting to 2000 and the associated momentum.

Wrapped up a first pass of the UI design/framework, did a bunch of geeky back-end stuff, got the source control repo tied into Unity's Cloud Build service. Did a couple of builds, they worked. Cloud Build seems legit AF I'll be pushing 30g fidelity updates to you cats in no time.

Also did a bunch of legit planning. Finished up the "Colosseum Commando" game mode design spec. Here's a list of systems, ad a little taste of ramming.

quote:

Systems
  • Ramming
  • Paaaarp Horn (AoE)
  • Flip Burn
  • Generic Damage Model
  • Enemy AI (dumb as 80's hair metal frontman)
  • Shields
  • Hull/Armor
  • Ship Component Upgrades (engines, thrusters, rammers, see below)
  • In-game Power Ups (Bird Bonus, Coke Boost, see below)
  • Attachments (ball and chain, rose-tinted cockpit glass, see below)
  • Bird Gun
  • Rankings (“aggressor”, “survivor”, etc)
  • Scoreboard
  • UI
  • Sound Design

quote:

Ramming
  • Base Damage derived from force imparted (dp/dt). No bullshit fudgery.
  • Net damage mitigated by shields, hull, and whether you are the aggressor
  • You get take less net damage for being the aggressor
  • “Aggressor” based on which actor is actively targeting the other with forward raycast upon impact
  • Points are awarded for net damage imparted (base damage less shield/hull absorption/aggro). Bitches get stitches.
  • Damage taken is modified by what part of the ship absorbs the force (See hull damage model)
  • Ramming “implements” take the least damage.
  • The underside of your ship and engines are the most vulnerable to unshielded damage
  • Ramming a shieldless ship does significantly more damage back to the rammer than ramming a shielded ship
  • Upgraded ramming implements do more damage and take less
Potential Ram types
  • spring-loaded (retractable)
  • jackhammer
  • drills
  • large rubber dildo
Ramming “ranks” are based on force imparted. Highest to lowest:
  • Immersion Breaker!!
  • Savage Ram!
  • Heartless Ram
  • Dirty Ram
  • Rude Ram
  • Dinky Ram
  • Bird Ram

I'll post a video tomorrow of the UI and some gameplay.

Toops fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 19, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Stimpires, Verses, and Dives.

Only 5 episodes though.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
I am a hundred loving pages behind. Questions:

Did Derek/EightAce drop deets yet? or do we have to wait another Two Weeks(TM)?

Will SilverBullet ever post?

Was the game released?

Are they ever going to talk about the Caterpillar ever again?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
No. No. Yes. and No.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
thanks

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

In news from the Elite thread, Elite apparently supports over 3 times more players per instance than Star Citizen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I9Bl2bsObA

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

SelenicMartian posted:

um i believe sandi's vision was measured 20/10

why she can't look at the correct camera when she's not reading her lines from a sheet of paper while her obese half-blind diabetic shitsack of a co-host can is another question entirely

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Ash1138 posted:

um i believe sandi's vision was measured 20/10

why she can't look at the correct camera when she's not reading her lines from a sheet of paper while her obese half-blind diabetic shitsack of a co-host can is another question entirely

Tbf, Ben simultaneously looks at the correct camera and the ceiling.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Chairman Wao posted:

do you have my back commando?

We ALL have your back. When we are as one, we are unstoppable. We are a force of nature. Let us shake the internet to the ground, and burn the wreckage. I call all the women, since you will be drinking their tears. O7

(Why do I have a fixation on faux-movie military speeches? I got nothing.)

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Toops posted:

Yo guys, brief update, still mashing away at Solar Plebeian, but I had to deal with flying on planes so that always shits up the works. I'm now like 30 pages behind but I assume most of it is shitposting to 2000 and the associated momentum.

Wrapped up a first pass of the UI design/framework, did a bunch of geeky back-end stuff, got the source control repo tied into Unity's Cloud Build service. Did a couple of builds, they worked. Cloud Build seems legit AF I'll be pushing 30g fidelity updates to you cats in no time.

Also did a bunch of legit planning. Finished up the "Colosseum Commando" game mode design spec. Here's a list of systems, ad a little taste of ramming.

I'll post a video tomorrow of the UI and some gameplay.

Thank you this is amazing

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

BMan posted:

In news from the Elite thread, Elite apparently supports over 3 times more players per instance than Star Citizen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I9Bl2bsObA

One thing I enjoy about this thread is learning about Elite quietly making progress. I don't really care about space games besides homeworld but I think elite is a year or two from being interesting enough to buy

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

LEARN FROM MY MISTAAAAAAKE

stay safe, sex doll ghost!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

A silly question, but... Does Ben's wife sing?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Also I am clickbait scum probably ha ha

Nope. You're brill. No doubt about it.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

EightAce fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Do you need a marine biologist?

I take martial arts classes. I can be the token badass.

• Locked thread