Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

My favorite part is when Dolvak keeps alluding to the secret shadow war that he's waging to keep the hoards at bay.

I love how he's stickied that post so PEOPLE KNOW how important it is that they have the ability to ban undesirables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dusty Lens posted:

My favorite part is when Dolvak keeps alluding to the secret shadow war that he's waging to keep the hoards at bay.

Godspeed my darling dolvak

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6366589/#Comment_6366589

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Lando and Lesnick are going to be doing another livestream of them sitting around a couch eating pizza tomorrow.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

$3M per month is a better estimate, since Frontier Developments (who publishes their finances annually) costs $2.5M per month, has one studio, and has the same number of employees as CIG. Likely it's higher than that.

Yeah, so even with that very conservative estimate (let's face it, Frontier aren't jetting around the globe continually or running $20,000 coffee machines) we're talking $100,000-120,000 a day in operating costs. They must be burning through a couple of million a month by the time they've made a few indulgences.

So I guess the question is, do they have enough in reserve to get them through until the Sq42 release (which will obviously save the day)?

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 20, 2016

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/m5yg154mizsi9r/source/JumpPoint_04-02_Feb-16_Fly-Galactically-Design-Modularly.pdf

New JP is up with Scoutchat. The intro says it all...

"The Xi’An Scout has been in development longer than most ships, in large part because it’s the first Xi’An vessel we’ve created. Several artists have taken lead on it in succession, starting with Elijah McNeal, followed by Eddie Del Rio and Gary Sanchez, with significant input from Chris Olivia, Chris Smith and others."

Definitely reflects CIG's "priorities change hourly" school of project management.
It pretty much validates that letter from way back when. All those people got a thing dropped in their lap and since it's not their design and they know it will probably be shuffled off to someone else, there's no ownership and no passion behind the work. And of course I'm sure that ~someone~ has endlessly micromanaged the thing to death.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
When star citizen fails I can't wait to see the next wish fulfillment scam that dolvak latches onto

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Ash1138 posted:

Wait I thought that the Mittani thing was at a separate panel and not affiliated with CCP. In any case, it's a good lesson about the perils of alcohol (lol mittens can't hold his liquor).

Some guy in a BoB pet corp said oh great it's mother mittons littul kittons when we arrived to harass them one time which I thought was a pretty spot-on reference.

Berious posted:

Goons most celebrated and successful tactic in that game is to literally bore the enemy until the prospect of fighting goons makes them want to quit the game.

Things must have changed quite a bit from when I played 9-10 years ago. I remember mostly attacking large expensive ships with swarms of cheap throwaway ships and blowing them up then taunting the owners on the message board.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Eonwe posted:

When star citizen fails I can't wait to see the next wish fulfillment scam that dolvak latches onto

he'll spend at least a year maintaining the subreddit posting articles adamant that the goons ruined the whole game and how it's just a matter of time before a publisher takes over the game to finish it

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Wrecked Angle posted:

Yeah, so even with that very conservative estimate (let's face it, Frontier aren't jetting around the globe continually or running $20,000 coffee machines) we're talking $100,000-120,000 a day in operating costs. They must be burning through a couple of million a month by the time they've made a few indulgences.

So I guess the question is, do they have enough in reserve to get them through until the Sq42 release (which will obviously save the day).

Sickening really

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Lando and Lesnick are going to be doing another livestream of them sitting around a couch eating pizza tomorrow.

I think Ben likes having another fatty around, so he doesn't feel so bad about constantly hate-eating himself to oblivion

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I loaded up Star Citizen and Line of Defence tonight so you can blame them for this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VytIwkBplPs

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shitizens don't understand gunpowder. Verily I'm shocked.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Eonwe posted:

Cutco

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Eonwe posted:

I'm wondering how wesha will react.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

ZenMaster posted:

:siren: BEHOLD THE STIMPEROR IN ALL HIS SPLENDOR :siren:

The best part about this is the fact that even the stimperor's left arm is clearly not attached to him any more. Stimperial Civil Meat. Clearly a Stimperor for the people.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Parias posted:

hi everyone what's going on in this thread :cool:

For the last few months I've been tearing apart the leaked (moddable) alpha build of SC with four primary objectives:

* Make the Constellation flyable in a build the "public" actually has access to (note: this project started before 2.0 came out, but this also uses the "old" Constellation, not the revamped one)
* Make a fun story using a combination of mission scripting edits and post-processing witchcraft, using completely original footage of a heavily modded (if buggy) game environment to capture the kind of situations I hope Star Citizen can one day pull off
* Put this goon's amazing voice in the game
* Sneak a Goonrathi logo in somewhere (you'll know it when you see it)

After an insane amount of effort (and an even more insane amount of generosity from the aforementioned goon voice-actor (3 / Arkimedes) in churning out all the dumb lines I sent him and making them actually sound awesome), I've finally accomplished all four of these objectives! I'd love to hear what you guys think :)

Introducing: Flight of the Constellation v2.0! (v2.0 because this one's way more awesome and ambitious than the first one)
https://youtu.be/8mkgfJ9ltEs

Extra special thanks to Beer for providing inspiration and pointing me in 3's direction.

This is better than literally everything CIG has put out for their own drat game combined.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

that frog game looks fun

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ben makes that same ecstasy face every time croberts walks in a room, it's pretty loving disturbing.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Parias posted:

For the last few months I've been tearing apart the leaked (moddable) alpha build of SC with four primary objectives:

* Make the Constellation flyable in a build the "public" actually has access to (note: this project started before 2.0 came out, but this also uses the "old" Constellation, not the revamped one)
* Make a fun story using a combination of mission scripting edits and post-processing witchcraft, using completely original footage of a heavily modded (if buggy) game environment to capture the kind of situations I hope Star Citizen can one day pull off

After an insane amount of effort (and an even more insane amount of generosity from the aforementioned goon voice-actor (3 / Arkimedes) in churning out all the dumb lines I sent him and making them actually sound awesome), I've finally accomplished all four of these objectives! I'd love to hear what you guys think :)

Introducing: Flight of the Constellation v2.0! (v2.0 because this one's way more awesome and ambitious than the first one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mkgfJ9ltEs

Extra special thanks to Beer for providing inspiration and pointing me in 3's direction.

Embed that video you bad. This poo poo is gold.

EDIT: Also post it on Reddit. Should be funny to see if you get upvoted for awesome work, or downvoted for being a Goon.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 20, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Gilganixon posted:

that frog game looks fun

It is odd, odd can be good though

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

I loaded up Star Citizen and Line of Defence tonight so you can blame them for this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VytIwkBplPs

What the gently caress did I just watch

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Romes128 posted:

What the gently caress did I just watch

GOTY

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mirificus posted:

I'm wondering how wesha will react.

Hopefully both their plans involve suicide

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

frog game looks like it wishes it was goat simulator

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Parias posted:

https://youtu.be/8mkgfJ9ltEs

who *does* this

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

i'm almost out of oxygen but i gotta narrate this dogfight

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Parias posted:

Holy poo poo, that was FANTASTIC.

:five:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Lesnick talking about butt toys: https://www.periscope.tv/w/1nAKElVPpBYxL

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Parias posted:

Holy poo poo dude you are amazing

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
That jitter.

Parias
Jul 17, 2000

My Generosity is again
LEGENDARY!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Embed that video you bad. This poo poo is gold.

EDIT: Also post it on Reddit. Should be funny to see if you get upvoted for awesome work, or downvoted for being a Goon.

god drat I suck. Fixed!

I actually did post it on Reddit but it got downvoted into oblivion within like ten seconds, no joke. It still got noticed by a few and eventually pulled into a positive score, but still dropped out of visibility pretty quickly compared to other threads going on at the time.

I was actually kinda even hoping an original project like this with a bunch of fresh content might even get noticed for the "MVP" thing CIG does, but no luck yet.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Parias posted:

this is an obscene amount of work to pour into a terrible garbage game

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
CIG wont showcase a video that shows what an unplayable lovely loving jittery mess their game is.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

my useless CIG trivia for the day is that Lesnick, Lando and Toast all live in the same building.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Huh his wife does speak

Oh they have a whole room of Wing Commander posters, color me surprised

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Ash1138 posted:

frog game looks like it wishes it was goat simulator
I could be wrong but I think that frog game was on the Ouya a long time ago and predates goat sim.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Goat Simulator is more of a game than the game that cost 106 million dollars to make.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Chin posted:

I could be wrong but I think that frog game was on the Ouya a long time ago and predates goat sim.

Yeah it was and it's just weird, crap but fun crap.
I need a diversion from all this space stuff, it's getting me down a bit

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah it was and it's just weird, crap but fun crap.
I need a diversion from all this space stuff, it's getting me down a bit

Don't Starve will not permit you to think of anything save the coming winter and your desperate lack of twigs.

That or do squats until one pain cancels out the other. The Stimpire way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
every single sc related video has to end with the "sc has stopped working" popup, regardless of its content even if no sc gameplay footage was shown, thank you

• Locked thread