Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ruggington posted:

Izana is good as heck and I want him in my army

Zola is going into my prison and he is never leaving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013
If I get the digital version of Birthright from the Nintendo Shop, do I still get the 20 dollar discount on Conquest? or it's just for physical copies?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

radlum posted:

If I get the digital version of Birthright from the Nintendo Shop, do I still get the 20 dollar discount on Conquest? or it's just for physical copies?

You get the discount.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Philip Rivers posted:

Lunge is a bullshit skill that completely negates good positioning because enemies can just move your frontline out of the way and feast on your team's nougaty support center.

It wasn't good positioning if you got raped by Lunge, and the skill is actually cool. Enemies have very purposeful skill setups this time around.

The design on Nohr side is so terrific, in every sense of the word.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

radlum posted:

You should still be able to buy it like any other DLC in game.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/SpaceDrakeCF/status/700746677896945664

I'm sorry, Mr. Sanshiro.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Motto posted:

Boost support levels a little, hearts indicate who you can bring in.

You can invite people without hearts. I suspect the hearts are random, it isn't like they were the people I have the highest support with.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Revol posted:

You can invite people without hearts. I suspect the hearts are random, it isn't like they were the people I have the highest support with.

I think it might represent people who are closest to getting a support level? Maybe?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Vengarr posted:

I think it might represent people who are closest to getting a support level? Maybe?

That would make sense; both times I've invited people it opened up a new support.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Vengarr posted:

I don't think so, Hana had a heart for me during one invitation session and she wasn't anywhere close to a support level.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is there a good write up on what the new classes are and how they work? Is Oni Savage really just hit things with a crappy club and that's it? Are samurai reskinned myrmidons? WHAT'S GOING ON

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i love Arthur's voice and character, i hate his actual stats and personal skill

it's a shame but i must bench him

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
oh yeah, unintended problem i ran into, uh i made my Av in conquest Sky Knight as the secondary, but do I actually get any Naginatas to use?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

mandatory lesbian posted:

oh yeah, unintended problem i ran into, uh i made my Av in conquest Sky Knight as the secondary, but do I actually get any Naginatas to use?

Spear and naginata equipping is the same. Anyone who can use one can use the other. I passed around my single javelin on Birthright to a whole bunch of naginata-users.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Nagintas are just Lances, there's not an actual hard split between Lance users and Naginta users

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Prism posted:

Spear and naginata equipping is the same. Anyone who can use one can use the other. I passed around my single javelin on Birthright to a whole bunch of naginata-users.

Brother Entropy posted:

Nagintas are just Lances, there's not an actual hard split between Lance users and Naginta users

oh shew, good, crisis averted

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It'd be hilarious if Silas/Kaze walked into Hoshido/Nohr only to have gently caress all for weapons.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm still early on but I will say the first few chapters have absurdly awkward writing because everything happens so quickly. I hope it slows down once you hit the actual path split.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Do the Awakening mission, make him a Lord, marry him

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

ImpAtom posted:

I'm still early on but I will say the first few chapters have absurdly awkward writing because everything happens so quickly. I hope it slows down once you hit the actual path split.

Yeah, I wish they had two more chapters before the split.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I rubbed my Ike amiibo on my 3DS after rubbing it on my chest and apparently I got a Yume Pauldron which I infer is an accessory you can equip. How do I equip said accessories?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

arthur's growths are great, minus luck

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

and yeah, things slow down a good deal once you hit the split. Really it feels like they should have taken a couple of chapters out of the routes and given them to the common route, but I understand why they didn't.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Oh yeah, might as well throw this up and get some My Castle visit bonuses:

06401-02021-39202-63400

Should probably get a pastebin or something in the OP to collect these, I'd imagine.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I haven't even been able to play for longer than a few minutes since I got the game.... The hype is still very real

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man I was having a bit too easy a time on my Hard Hoshido run so I decided to see if Lunatic is truly more balanced. And man, this is pretty good times. I mean, I'm getting my rear end kicked in all new ways I didn't even know were possible, but it's good times.

I couldn't figure out how to do Chapter 5 without sacrificing a couple characters near the end, but it's fine, since it's in the prologue they just revived in the next map. The added difficulty has really made Rinkah shine as I desperately try to hold chokepoints with her incredible abs.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

and yeah, things slow down a good deal once you hit the split. Really it feels like they should have taken a couple of chapters out of the routes and given them to the common route, but I understand why they didn't.

the gameplay and story were in conflict there. you could extend the common route for the story's sake, but that either means more shared content or a whole bunch of tiny chapters before the game starts proper.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I heard character killed before chapter 6 don't matter, but does this apply to control units, or just NPCs? I just did chapter 4 and the two units with me got killed by the four faceless ones that sit on the hill. I went on with the game, but are they gone for good?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I sort of get why they did it the way they did it (so you can 'pick' a side) but considering you have to pick a side just to buy the game I'd rather them just give each route their own exclusive opening instead of trying to share it. Not the end of the world or anything especially since you can just skip it on a replay.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I feel like I should borrow my brother's copy of Birthright for a bit just to get used to the new mechanics. Most of my resets so far have been due to the enemies using the dual strike stance thing when I wasn't expecting it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i know it's just his 'thanks for the dual attack' quote but Arthur dropping 'Thank you, sidekick!' on Jakob was the sickest burn in the universe.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
AI Sakura just died in Chapter 4. Did she Die For Real, or will they just ignore that? I'm playing Birthright / Classic.

e: need to read more. :downs:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bless u

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Don't understand people who don't use casual mode. If you're the average fe player you know you're resetting after losing a unit, no matter how crappy they were, so just save yourself the grief and time and use it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Don't understand people who don't use casual mode. If you're the average fe player you know you're resetting after losing a unit, no matter how crappy they were, so just save yourself the grief and time and use it.

no thanks

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Calaveron posted:

There's a difference between 'that was my fault' and 'the Risen just all swarmed the AI controlled squishy so gently caress that.'

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

If I played on Casual my strategies would basically be completely different and the game as a whole would become dramatically easier. Playing on Classic means you really gotta plan poo poo out.

I mean, that's the actual purpose of Classic, and older FE games. They never actually intended for you to carry on after a unit loss by default, past FE1, the devs themselves say the purpose of permadeath is to force a restart and smarter strategies, not to lose characters as you go along.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Considering how reclassing works now, when should I turn Mozu into an Archer? Immediatly? Wait until she gets Underdog? I just recruited her and got her a couple of levels on her paralogue but nothing more since the RNG turned against me and had Corrin spam Dragon Fangs and even got one crit at like 3% just so I could not feed her kills.

Same question for Azama I guess whenever I get him.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I went Casual but reset anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Considering how reclassing works now, when should I turn Mozu into an Archer? Immediatly? Wait until she gets Underdog? I just recruited her and got her a couple of levels on her paralogue but nothing more since the RNG turned against me and had Corrin spam Dragon Fangs and even got one crit at like 3% just so I could not feed her kills.

Same question for Azama I guess whenever I get him.
reclass her instantly

• Locked thread