Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005

canepazzo posted:

The sickening and heartbreaking thruths of the Agile stimpire.

in the forth stimpire every new game is a crowd funded nostalgia fest from a wash out 90s developer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

canepazzo posted:

The sickening and heartbreaking thruths of the Agile stimpire.

The stimpire always make their murder quota.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Berious posted:

in the forth stimpire every new game is a crowd funded nostalgia fest from a wash out 90s developer

Zealot posted:

This is all for entertainment.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
2000!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Daztek posted:

Still amazed FrigginTommyNoble isn't banned yet :allears:

Same. I thought CIG read this thread?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Same. I thought CIG read this thread?

Just the ones who wanna watch it burn, maybe?

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

tooterfish posted:

CIG use Zen development actually. Developing by not developing.

Remember, the perfect product is one that only exists in your customer's head!

I think they might be fans of eXtreme Go Horse

http://kizu514.com/blog/extreme-go-horse-xgh-process/

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
Re: Starfarer or whatever..

Yes, because nothing that has been hyped then pushed back, then pushed back, then pushed back has ever been a disappointment on release. :rolleyes:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Wrecked Angle posted:

Re: Starfarer or whatever..

Yes, because nothing that has been hyped then pushed back, then pushed back, then pushed back has ever been a disappointment on release. :rolleyes:

Clearly he thought DNF should have been GOTY 2000-2012 or whatever.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Someone should point out to Dolvak that a downvote bot could solve his troll problem

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Someone should point out to Dolvak that a downvote bot could solve his troll problem

It solved the imgur problem, after all.

When did the thread title change? :tinfoil:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

The fidelity of The Something Awful Forums has been found wanting.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gimme an update on the status of the lawsuit. Thank you.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Parias posted:

hi everyone what's going on in this thread :cool:

For the last few months I've been tearing apart the leaked (moddable) alpha build of SC with four primary objectives:

* Make the Constellation flyable in a build the "public" actually has access to (note: this project started before 2.0 came out, but this also uses the "old" Constellation, not the revamped one)
* Make a fun story using a combination of mission scripting edits and post-processing witchcraft, using completely original footage of a heavily modded (if buggy) game environment to capture the kind of situations I hope Star Citizen can one day pull off
* Put this goon's amazing voice in the game
* Sneak a Goonrathi logo in somewhere (you'll know it when you see it)

After an insane amount of effort (and an even more insane amount of generosity from the aforementioned goon voice-actor (3 / Arkimedes) in churning out all the dumb lines I sent him and making them actually sound awesome), I've finally accomplished all four of these objectives! I'd love to hear what you guys think :)

Introducing: Flight of the Constellation v2.0! (v2.0 because this one's way more awesome and ambitious than the first one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mkgfJ9ltEs

Extra special thanks to Beer for providing inspiration and pointing me in 3's direction.
You will struggle with refunds now but you should be able to get a chargeback I think. Have a search through the thread. In case you really haven't twigged yet, this thing is a trainwreck, get out now.
The video was well made.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pay-to-post scheme working as intended.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Friendly Humour posted:

Gimme an update on the status of the lawsuit. Thank you.

Two weeks, commando

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

This thread is loving awesome
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319066/starfarer-pushed-back-into-march/p7

Lots and lots of people sobering up. and even more so in denial.

:3:

Parias posted:

god drat I suck. Fixed!

I actually did post it on Reddit but it got downvoted into oblivion within like ten seconds, no joke. It still got noticed by a few and eventually pulled into a positive score, but still dropped out of visibility pretty quickly compared to other threads going on at the time.

I was actually kinda even hoping an original project like this with a bunch of fresh content might even get noticed for the "MVP" thing CIG does, but no luck yet.
Were you living in a Vault while you were working on your video?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

They have posts in this thread from November. I think it is willful ignorace :v:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

MeLKoR posted:

Under a space rock called the Constellation

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
A decade from now, archived Reddit posts on r/starcitizen are going to end up as part of some academic paper about group psychology.

The whole thing keeps giving me flashbacks to the Great Console Wars. Back in the day when you only had money for one system so you'd choose one, and play it, and adamantly fight with your friends to argue that you got the best one and that therefore if they had anything else they didn't have the best one. and you would never be dissuaded. Because giving in, even an inch, is admitting you spent your money on the wrong one and not the best one.

It sounds exactly like that, what with the constant, weak attacks on Elite at all times. They have to put it down out of their own insecurity that they didn't pick the best one. Except the console wars are over: plenty of people now afford multiple consoles so you can judge them individually on merit. I mean, sure, there are still fanboys but it doesn't get to the same kind of blinders-on, full speed ahead level. And of course in this case, it's just software: playing one or the other game is vastly less expensive. Star Citizen will (might possibly if it gets finished) be great! Meanwhile here, enjoy something else. You could have skipped one Hornet in your hangar, gotten Elite and several future expansions, and just have been out one ship. Then you could enjoy both with friends who also enjoy both, and play whatever strikes your fancy when it's available.

But no. No, no. We have to go all in on the best one. I have to show my fandom is pure and shout down the nonbelievers. Because if I don't, I don't look like I backed the best one, and my fragile little ego couldn't compensate for that.

And I just realized they're pulling the same by bashing SA. Our posters here are largely perfectly fine with having Reddit accounts. There's a lot of good poo poo over there (r/legaladvice is loving laffo). Alas: they have to draw the lines.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Berious posted:

what madness is this?
This my friend is The Library of Babel and everyone should read it. It's :perfect:.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

X'ian Scout sale inc

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

They just don't understand forum development.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

8 Ball posted:

The fidelity of The Something Awful Forums has been found wanting.

I love my dead gay forum

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Berious posted:

Chris should employ people to compile bits of it until star citizen pops out. Better chance of making the game than whatever rear end backwards approach he's using atm.

You haven't grasped the concept of The Library yet, I'm afraid. :siren: Star Citizen is already in there somewhere :siren:, if only an intrepid Citizen climbed the mountain and brought down the stone plates with the full code of the Best drat Space Sim Ever we could be playing it right now.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3NxEGSrDeE

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
See you in the 'Pire

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Lol CIG is going to try to sell another capship thing?

Cripes. Cripes cripes cripes. This game. These people. This is the worst thing. The pain doubles every second.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dusty Lens posted:

Lol CIG is going to try to sell another capship thing?

Cripes. Cripes cripes cripes. This game. These people. This is the worst thing. The pain doubles every second.

so, we got what?

There's the new corvette class thingy and two Drake ships: the Buccaneer which is a single-seat pirate Sabre, and the Dragonfly which is a motorcycle. I miss anything?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Wait, what's with the thread name? With so many awesome quotes they went with this? :mediocre:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Friendly Humour posted:

Pay-to-post scheme working as intended.

Reading this poo poo is making me grin, considering most people I know are different shades of technophobes and wouldn't even understand how something inside a computer could ever be relevant.

It's also funny to hear I apparently found Something Awful for the first time a full year after it fell into irrelevancy. Man, what bad luck! :allears:

Someone should go on Reddit and tell those guys everything we do with computers is irrelevant. Including Star Citizen. They just don't hear about this because those ingrates in the real world don't use computers.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

Wait, what's with the thread name? With so many awesome quotes they went with this? :mediocre:

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

so, we got what?

There's the new corvette class thingy and two Drake ships: the Buccaneer which is a single-seat pirate Sabre, and the Dragonfly which is a motorcycle. I miss anything?

There's nothing of the sort, there's a promise of two drake ships* and the promise of a new corvette.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iglocska posted:

There's nothing of the sort, there's a promise of two drake ships* and the promise of a new corvette.

let's be fair, at this point they're promises of jpegs of ships

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

let's be fair, at this point they're promises of jpegs of ships

So they're actually selling txt-s not jpegs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

MeLKoR posted:

Blame grandpa.

• Locked thread