Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I havent playes conquest, but its hard to imagine a knight better than a unit that has equally high defense and res, 1 more move, and debuffs enemies that live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

I havent playes conquest, but its hard to imagine a knight better than a unit that has equally high defense and res, 1 more move, and debuffs enemies that live.
effie has like 50 strength and an actual speed growth

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Toxxupation posted:

jfc batman v superman is two and a half loving hours long

ed: whoops wrong thread

Fire Emblem X DC Universe: better or worse than #FE?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Arthur with Ryoma's Club and Gamble

28% crit rate :staredog:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Toxxupation posted:

How will Corrin choose between Batman and Superman?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Did they seriously gently caress up translating "Fire Emblem" into Seal of Flames?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

well you see one wears black and the other wears red...wait a minute

gently caress

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tae posted:

"i haven't played conquest, but i'm gonna talk out my rear end anyway"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

well you see one wears black and the other wears red...wait a minute

gently caress

batman is a better character then superman, once again conquest wins

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
Wow they are really making me work for my kid in paralogue 2. I was not expecting that many promoted units and the sheer amount of reinforcements. Also I married Kaze and Rinkah and a new paralogue didn't appear. Do I just have to progress farther in the story or something in order to get that kid to pop up?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tae posted:

yeah but it's a res debuff, so it's only conditionally useful. shove is good though

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

mandatory lesbian posted:

darn. darn!!!!

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Did they seriously gently caress up translating "Fire Emblem" into Seal of Flames?

Most of the time the characters in Japanese say honoo no monshou which means fire emblem in japanese. And then someone goes what's that oh you mean the legendary Faaaaaaaaiiiiiaaaaaaa Emburemuuuuuuuu, so I'm guessing that Seal of Flames is an attempt at localizing the kanji name or some poo poo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

dogsicle posted:

yeah but it's a res debuff, so it's only conditionally useful. shove is good though

Lancers debuff speed and defense.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Quincytbb posted:

Wow they are really making me work for my kid in paralogue 2. I was not expecting that many promoted units and the sheer amount of reinforcements. Also I married Kaze and Rinkah and a new paralogue didn't appear. Do I just have to progress farther in the story or something in order to get that kid to pop up?

Yes, also if you haven't you should really get to A-Support with Kaze and your Avatar. Otherwise you won't be getting a kid.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Perfect Potato posted:

Most of the time the characters in Japanese say honoo no monshou which means fire emblem in japanese. And then someone goes what's that oh you mean the legendary Faaaaaaaaiiiiiaaaaaaa Emburemuuuuuuuu, so I'm guessing that Seal of Flames is an attempt at localizing the kanji name or some poo poo.

But is there a Fire Emblem in the game?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tae posted:

Lancers debuff speed and defense.

my b, thought we were still talking about onis

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Calaveron posted:

It's only in Revelations, so most people probably haven't seen what they call it yet.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Yes, explicitly so.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Arthur goes up against the entire ice tribe

The criticals are in his favor

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
how did a man so concerned with justice become a soldier to the evil dad

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Quincytbb posted:

I found paralogue 2 really easy, but I think I cleared it before any reinforcements came in.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

dogsicle posted:

my b, thought we were still talking about onis

I havent found a single time that axes were useful in birthright. In fact, the melee weapon triangle in general has rarely come into play as much as the range triangle.

Mostly because ninjas and takumi are way too strong and my lancers job are to just run to the middle of the field and debiff everyone.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

how did a man so concerned with justice become a soldier to the evil dad
do his supports with azura

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

Toxxupation posted:

Beat me to the punch...

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Is the story in Fates way worse than Awakening or am I just hallucinating? I just got to Chapter 10 or 11 (the "oh gently caress escape you idiot" one in Hoshido) and the "twist" was just so blatantly bad. Like of course the idiot dude betrayed you. Come on.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

HelloWinter posted:

Beat me to the punch...

Imagine this when Ryoma says he's far more handsome.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009

HelloWinter posted:

Beat me to the punch...

So uh this should probably go in the OP.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that wasn't really meant to be a twist

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

do his supports with azura

marry him to azura you say? sure why not

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

that wasn't really meant to be a twist

I can't believe Hans is a bad guy.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i married arthur

and had odin marry effie

how suboptimal am i being

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zodack posted:

Is the story in Fates way worse than Awakening or am I just hallucinating? I just got to Chapter 10 or 11 (the "oh gently caress escape you idiot" one in Hoshido) and the "twist" was just so blatantly bad. Like of course the idiot dude betrayed you. Come on.

idk dude awakening's story was pretty loving dull

it's mildly okay in the early stuff but after gangrel it does a meh job of making me care about anything going on in the main story(the post-apoc future stuff was kinda neat though)

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Looper posted:

i married arthur

and had odin marry effie

how suboptimal am i being

Well you married a skill mage to a tank, so...

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
There is no pleasing me. After dropping to normal, 10 was fun but 11 was a bit easy to game with the stairs and Effie being a monster.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Zodack posted:

Awakening is dumb and pulpy. Fates is dumb and melodramatic.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Fire Emblem: Not exactly home of fascinating and epic plots anyway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fates' plot is better in that at least it's just one thing from beginning to end instead of three awful plots strung together without any coherence, with one decent plot stapled to the side.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Man picking Nohr is the stupidest decision in universe.

Garon tries to kill you, explicitly, 3 different ways before you come back. Then immediately commands Xander to kill you again.

Like maybe take a fuckin hint Corrin. And don't just go 'okay dad, I'll go kill a bunch of dissidents myself. Surely this time you aren't trying to loving murder me in increasingly bizzare ways'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't wait until Ryoma joins me so I can marry Mozu to him and make her royalty, much like I did with Donnel back in Awakening.

It is the least I can do for machines of destruction like them.

On the topic, can other units get Aptitude? I've seen a few Castles with other characters with them (and snagged said Aptitudes for myself, why wouldn't I?), plus it can be bought (though it is very expensive) so I thought it should be legal, but then I found...this, and started wondering.

• Locked thread