Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Maguro posted:

I added you too.

I was gn3 before the derank fest, after my first loss it brought me down to gn2. Now my rank has gone inactive for the last month and a half since I've only been playing community comp. When I do finally play MM again it will probably put me at silver 2 or some poo poo.

Just go with the flow. If it does tank your rank just MP9/Mac10 every game and dominate. As I've started to care less in the newer maps I've taken to dropping rifles to teammates and keeping Mac10/MP9 for myself. I'm surprisingly holding my own with this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I suck at KZ maps. This video by Launders made me learn this job consistently with 20 minutes of practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc_YvYSUfSw

I kept counter-steering by pressing A near the end which kept causing me to fall off. If you're having trouble, pay attention to his crosshair.

EDIT: In fact, I just went ahead and learned the mirage window to ladder room jump following the exact same steps. Just go left instead of right.

My mind is blown right now.

Audax fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 22, 2016

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Never queuing competitive without a 5 stack ever again.

Ran into 3 tweens who decided from round 1 they were going to ruin me and buds game.

They spent 26 rounds griefing us, jumping in front of shots, and body blocking to try and throw the game. Me and my friend still managed to go 12-3 first half T, but that was a mistake because CT side they just completely shut anything we could do down.

They finally got enough team damage off of my buddy with 2 rounds left, he got kicked, then they vote kicked me.

Never again.

Which means I'll never be able to play competitive because I'm stuck at silver 2 because of this.

I'm actually angry about this and that's the worst part.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Was DMG before the rank shift and stopped playing for like a month. Hopped in for a match last night to show my rank due to inactivity. Dominated the match, 1st place, and won the match. New Rank?

Gold Nova 2

:sigh:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Crain posted:

Never queuing competitive without a 5 stack ever again.

Ran into 3 tweens who decided from round 1 they were going to ruin me and buds game.

They spent 26 rounds griefing us, jumping in front of shots, and body blocking to try and throw the game. Me and my friend still managed to go 12-3 first half T, but that was a mistake because CT side they just completely shut anything we could do down.

They finally got enough team damage off of my buddy with 2 rounds left, he got kicked, then they vote kicked me.

Never again.

Which means I'll never be able to play competitive because I'm stuck at silver 2 because of this.

I'm actually angry about this and that's the worst part.

Yes I imagine that playing at silver 2 must be frustrating because of all the idiotic manchildren and actual children at those ranks, however, here's the kicker: those people exist uniformly in every rank in the game.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

The Joe Man posted:

Was DMG before the rank shift and stopped playing for like a month. Hopped in for a match last night to show my rank due to inactivity. Dominated the match, 1st place, and won the match. New Rank?

Gold Nova 2

:sigh:

You'll probably rank up once or twice fairly easily, that seems to be happening to most people in that rank range when they first come back after the rank shift.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

qhat posted:

however, here's the kicker: those people exist uniformly in every rank in the game.

More than anything that's my point. I don't really care about my rank, but I'm not going to waste my time and the frustration of dealing with people like that on my own team.

Hell I'd take 4 Mr. Pinks because he doesn't try to get you kicked from the game and try to vote kick you every round. Dealing with the odd greifer is not worth having the little digital bar fill up a tic or two so that it displays a different set of colors after enough tics happen.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

While griefers exist at every rank, people intentionally grief themselves down to silver so it's not entirely true to imply that you'd encounter that stuff as much at high ranks. I noticed a huge improvement when I got out of silver.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Crain posted:

Hell I'd take 4 Mr. Pinks because he doesn't try to get you kicked from the game and try to vote kick you every round.

From what I understand, playing with Mr Pink will make you want him to kick you from the game.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Crain posted:

More than anything that's my point. I don't really care about my rank, but I'm not going to waste my time and the frustration of dealing with people like that on my own team.

Hell I'd take 4 Mr. Pinks because he doesn't try to get you kicked from the game and try to vote kick you every round. Dealing with the odd greifer is not worth having the little digital bar fill up a tic or two so that it displays a different set of colors after enough tics happen.

Report them and try to queue up with awesome people like me and other goons who MM. steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972321082

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Anyway just play deathmatch solidly for a week and then come back to mm and immediately claim your free gold Nova

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

sterster posted:

Report them and try to queue up with awesome people like me and other goons who MM. steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972321082

Yeah. Had one buddy, that's why they started to try and get tk damage so one of us would get kicked for too much then they could just vote kick the other.

But after 20 rounds of wasting out time. And a lovely 30 min cooldown for the trouble.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
I've been doing nothing but playing DMs (and casuals sometimes) and using the scout exclusively this week and it's making me a shitton better at hitting heads.

(trash player, 138 hours, only even played comp twice, etc)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mukaikubo posted:

I've been doing nothing but playing DMs (and casuals sometimes) and using the scout exclusively this week and it's making me a shitton better at hitting heads.
Probably should do that myself, because I've come to the conclusion I'm the worst aimer in the world after playing for almost 1.2K hours.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Does anyone know of a site that sounds similar to this. It allows you to select what inventory you have and simulate a trade up contract. Giving you what possible outcomes you have and what % of getting said things and possible skin qualities. Tried googling a bunch but nothing seemed to work.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

sterster posted:

Does anyone know of a site that sounds similar to this. It allows you to select what inventory you have and simulate a trade up contract. Giving you what possible outcomes you have and what % of getting said things and possible skin qualities. Tried googling a bunch but nothing seemed to work.
http://convars.com/tradeup/

Be warned, though, it only includes the cases through Bloodhound. No Shadow, Revolver, or Wildfire items.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

sterster posted:

Your lowest float/wear item is probably what you're gonna get on your new crafted item. Im pretty sure hundreds of people have failed the FN ST AK fire serpent trade up so there are several 2000 dollar deagle kois floating around

e: nvm

e2: lmao

stump collector fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 23, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Has anyone used http://simpleradar.com/ for any extended period of time? I remember reading about people doing basic texture switching back in the day and getting banned because of it. Hesitant about using it if Valve decides it's a problem. Call me paranoid.

symbolic posted:

Probably should do that myself, because I've come to the conclusion I'm the worst aimer in the world after playing for almost 1.2K hours.

Are you running a lovely system like mine?

At this point I know I'll never be able to AWP mid with 110 ping and 55 frames. Ok, sure, it's usually not that bad. But I'm 90+ ping at most times and on some of the newer maps I'm occasionally under 70 frames. I'm usually somewhere approaching passable with rifles but I've found I'm typically able to predict where people will be and I keep finding I'm much better with SMGs simply because movement isn't so dependent on ping/frames. Same thing with holding sites. Change up where you're playing, don't be afraid to push if you hear that AWP reloading on the other side of that smoke, etc. I've also gotten pretty good at pop flashing (either holding a close corner and dropping it or bouncing it off the ground once at a sprint) which completely nullifies the fact I'm slower than the other guy - he's totally blind.

TLDR: try playing to your strengths if aiming isn't one of them.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 23, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

Are you running a lovely system like mine?

At this point I know I'll never be able to AWP mid with 110 ping and 55 frames. Ok, sure, it's usually not that bad. But I'm 90+ ping at most times and on some of the newer maps I'm occasionally under 70 frames. I'm usually somewhere approaching passable with rifles but I've found I'm typically able to predict where people will be and I keep finding I'm much better with SMGs simply because movement isn't so dependent on ping/frames. Same thing with holding sites. Change up where you're playing, don't be afraid to push if you hear that AWP reloading on the other side of that smoke, etc. I've also gotten pretty good at pop flashing (either holding a close corner and dropping it or bouncing it off the ground once at a sprint) which completely nullifies the fact I'm slower than the other guy - he's totally blind.

TLDR: try playing to your strengths if aiming isn't one of them.
I ran 70-80 frames on average at, like, 10 ping. I feel like my framerate is one of the reasons why I have trouble, but I also have really lovely reaction time and hand-eye coordination. I cannot trace a moving target to save my life, nor aim at a head from a distance more than, say, d2 b window to tunnels exit. I've tried forcing myself, but even then my body just works against me. 'Tis the life I lead.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

symbolic posted:

I ran 70-80 frames on average at, like, 10 ping. I feel like my framerate is one of the reasons why I have trouble, but I also have really lovely reaction time and hand-eye coordination. I cannot trace a moving target to save my life, nor aim at a head from a distance more than, say, d2 b window to tunnels exit. I've tried forcing myself, but even then my body just works against me. 'Tis the life I lead.

We all start there, turning down sensitivity is the single biggest thing you can do to make tracking etc way easier.

You're probably LMG anyways.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

VelociBacon posted:

We all start there, turning down sensitivity is the single biggest thing you can do to make tracking etc way easier.
Except I have 1,200 hours in this game so I should know better at this point. 1.75@500 currently.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 23, 2016

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

exethan posted:

e2: lmao

holy poo poo

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
sens talk :negative:

Is a 180* full range too low? I used to run even lower until I thought that I should probably be able to turn at least 90* without shuffling. I've been watching AdreN's tips and he has a full 360*. I know it's all preference but that's a huge difference

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

symbolic posted:

I just want to say that even if you're poo poo at aiming, you should really have some decent gamesense with that much time played. Do you think while you play, or are you basically a bot?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

I just want to say that even if you're poo poo at aiming, you should really have some decent gamesense with that much time played. Do you think while you play, or are you basically a bot?
I think a lot while playing, even in casual. Nade usage, checking corners, post-plant situations, etc. I'm essentially an adreN.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Post a demo.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

I think a lot while playing, even in casual. Nade usage, checking corners, post-plant situations, etc. I'm essentially an adreN.

woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah

lets not get hasty here

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

Post a demo.
This was today.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-5pMCv-CTBTM-pB6oJ-u9DNH-vSvPB

A few notes. I was on a team with a 4-stack, so there wasn't much communication. I also buffed a few flashes and smokes, I know that much. And please don't comment on my round when I bought my AWP. That pained me enough thinking about it right afterwards.

A TURGID FATSO posted:

woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah

lets not get hasty here
Now I'm not on the level of adreN, god no. I just think better than I play.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

This was today.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-5pMCv-CTBTM-pB6oJ-u9DNH-vSvPB

A few notes. I was on a team with a 4-stack, so there wasn't much communication. I also buffed a few flashes and smokes, I know that much. And please don't comment on my round when I bought my AWP. That pained me enough thinking about it right afterwards.

Watching this right now since I can't sleep. Will give a rundown in a bit.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

symbolic posted:

This was today.

Which one are you, you'd think Valve would build something into them that told you who pulled the demo.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

This is going to sound dumb but try muting your entire team sometime. Just see what happens. If I hear a lot of retarded bullshit in the first round or two, I mute my whole team, only comms when I die (p sure teammates can still hear you if you can't hear them - not sure tho) and just play. I typically see higher killcounts than I normally would otherwise.

And a somewhat related question. If you're rocking an AK/M4 in Valve DM. How many kills do you usually post?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

Which one are you, you'd think Valve would build something into them that told you who pulled the demo.
Mindcrime. I have the GO:ONS tag.

fennesz posted:

And a somewhat related question. If you're rocking an AK/M4 in Valve DM. How many kills do you usually post?
35ish? Somewhere around there.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

35ish? Somewhere around there.

That seems about right. It sounds like clicking heads isn't quite second nature yet for some reason. I bet purely focusing on that would help.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

symbolic posted:

Mindcrime. I have the GO:ONS tag.

:doh:

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

This was today.

DEMO RUNDOWN, rear end in a top hat STYLE!

COUNTER-TERRORIST

Round 2: After that first kill you should have either ducked back behind lockers or into A site to reload rather than just stand out in the open and be killed.

Round 3: When you're at headshot box you are erratically moving your crosshair from mid over to vent. Even though there was a smoke thrown to try and give them cover, it was a worthless smoke and you would have seen them come out from mid long before they'd disappear into that smoke. Keep your crosshairs trained on mid or boost depending on the information that's relayed to you.

Round 4: You are moving around far too much in A so that you really aren't watching any useful angles. Pick an angle and have patience. Of course, this isn't to say not to switch things up every once in a while, but there has been no time for them to even get a lock onto what you're doing in the first place. You're overthinking this by a great deal.

Round 5: Are you playing with speakers and not any headphones? I swear that I'm hearing things and it's almost as if you have no idea that the enemy is right above and/or next to you. Also, you could tell that enemy that got up on ladder in A was right above you, yet you ran to toxic to check out bottom mid. You are very lucky that your opponents are dogshit with aim, because anybody else could have taken your head off long before you got the dude in mid and turned to get him. Also, don't take out nades while completely exposed you did with the HE.

Round 6: Don't peek so wide. Gotta do some jiggle peeks and bait those scouts/awps once you heard squeeky open.

Round 7: Why the hell are you buying an M4 when your teammate had $12k at the beginning of the round? Tell that bitch to drop you something. I'm not sure why it took you so long to rotate over to B after the T's rushed it (I'm assuming that you could see bomb on radar, even if your teammates weren't communicating), not to mention you trying to pop flash vents when all three of you had an awp cornered in checkers. You could hear your teammates moving in on him; go join them!

Round 8: The Dreaded AWP Round. I know that you said to not even mention this round, but c'mon, Why were you peeking so wide? What you should have done to make yourself a smaller target was to hug the wall connected to squeeky so you could get a better angle on the T's in main.

Round 9: Why are you still at A when the bomb is down and the rest of your team is there? Your job isn't to go hunting for the last Terrorist; it's to ensure that the bomb stays dropped. Go rendevousz with your team.

Round 11: Same criticism as round 4. You aren't watching anything of value because you keep moving around. Give out necessary information to your teammates, and it looked like you were as they were converging into A to assist you, yet you moved away from holding the angle. If they had flashed out or smoked at all they could have barreled out into site uncontested.

Round 12: The Dreaded AWP Round Mk. II. While I appreciate the Death tribute name on the Asiimov... ouch, that was rough. Other than making your shots, I don't think there was much you could have done there.

Round 13: Again, why are you buying anything when one teammate has 10.5k and another has 16k. YELL AT THEM TO GIVE YOU SOMETHING. HOLY loving poo poo STOP PEEKING SO GOD drat WIDE ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the gently caress didn't you take the shot? YOu could see his arm! It either would have killed him or done enough damage to scare him into retreating. Instead you just sat there waiting for a better shot and you got one tapped for your trouble.

Round 14: Again you go hunting for the Terrorist, allowing him to kill your two teammates watching the bomb. Luckily he had fuckall for time so his hand was forced, but think if he had another minute or so, you have made it into a 2v1 situation where you and your teammate have to split sites in case he runs away or tries to fake it. There's much larger strength in numbers.

TERRORIST

Round 16: *exasperated sigh* what a shitshow this round was. I mean, I think you did the right thing by trying to cover your flank. It's just your worthless team that really dropped the ball and couldn't hold main.

Round 20: That was good patience while going mid. Snuck up on him like a real ninja. Now incorporate some of that patience into your CT side.

Round 21: Footsteps had glitched out for me in the demo by this point, but that last CT by box in B main looked like he ran to hide behind it, which you most definitely should have been able to hear. Even if you didn't hear it, you already killed one CT that pushed, you should always check those corners by the box and into checkers when that happens just in case.

Also, this is just an observation, but stop trying to be overly cute with your grenades, namely flashes. You either don't get the angles right and just end up flashing yourself or they do absolutely no good at all. It's good that there's different uses for them, but it just looks like you're trying to make too many "pro moments" happen, and nothing transpires from it.

Go dm. A LOT. Also try out aim_botz and other reflex training maps. Do this for hours on end.

Sorry if this makes me sound like a dick.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Feb 23, 2016

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009

sterster posted:

Csgo.exchange has what you're looking for

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Crain posted:

Yeah. Had one buddy, that's why they started to try and get tk damage so one of us would get kicked for too much then they could just vote kick the other.

But after 20 rounds of wasting out time. And a lovely 30 min cooldown for the trouble.

Why didn't you start a votekick on your buddy after 2 rounds of this poo poo, it's obvious that's what they wanted. Report them, kick him, have them kick you, find a better game.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

Why didn't you start a votekick on your buddy after 2 rounds of this poo poo, it's obvious that's what they wanted. Report them, kick him, have them kick you, find a better game.

Because we were still managing to win 12-3 at the half despite them griefing us. If figured we could get 4 freaking wins on CT side.

But yeah after like the 2nd round CT we should have just bailed.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
So news is breaking that MLG Columbus qualifiers are rife with visa issues, as two players of Team YP and the entirety of The Mongolz were denied entry into the US. YP is going to play with stand-ins from CSGL, Mongolz will miss the event entirely.

Let's hope next year we go back to having no US-based majors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Tevery Best posted:

So news is breaking that MLG Columbus qualifiers are rife with visa issues, as two players of Team YP and the entirety of The Mongolz were denied entry into the US. YP is going to play with stand-ins from CSGL, Mongolz will miss the event entirely.

Let's hope next year we go back to having no US-based majors.

Why exactly were the visas denied? is america just really strict on who they let in (even temporarily) or is this bad team management in terms of not getting the right paperwork in?