Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

All of these that they have made are so effortless and lazy. They are like when a goon takes the lyrics from a song, changes a few words, and posts it as a parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

runsamok posted:

It was supposed to originally have a panoramic cockpit that looked opaque from the outside, but since CryEngine can't manage it for technical reasons, CIG turned it into the POS it is now.

This seems to be a common theme with Star Citizen.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Ten 4 the dissapointed

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6394791/#Comment_6394791

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6394895/#Comment_6394895

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6394895/#Comment_6394895

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i am honestly enjoying the horrific patch bugs

i feel like CIG have finally joined us in the stimpire

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
You know, if

A] I were to actually have a copy of this game, and
i] Enough bandwidth to actually be able to download one patch before the next one came out
B] There was a Goonfleet

I think I would be happy with a fast, well shielded fuel collier/repair boat. You brave boys can battle the brown sea, but we also serve that keep you fueled and running.

(I play support classes in most everything.)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Space toaster? More like space dogshit. Post some more about how youre hilarious posts please

And I thought we were friends.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

Legend of Amagara System.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

alf_pogs posted:

haha this is great

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

These are some hard core sycophants on the turn here, very familiar names

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

peter gabriel posted:

It really does hit home just how badly things have to be going for some of CIG's most dedicated backers to be that open about their doubts.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A Neurotic Jew posted:

pgabz needs to make a video about it before they'll give a poo poo.

No invite :(

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Yesss... Give in to the hate, the dissapointement. Expect more from a 120M$ company...

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It really does hit home just how badly things have to be going for some of CIG's most dedicated backers to be that open about their doubts.

Them having a 5% doubt is like a normal person getting a chargeback done pretty much

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Surely someone would be willing to give you their account for a while.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Surely someone would be willing to give you their account for a while.

I don't want to get someone grounded :lol:

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Samizdata posted:

You know, if

i] Enough bandwidth to actually be able to download one patch before the next one came out
B] There was a Goonfleet

I think I would be happy with a fast, well shielded fuel collier/repair boat. You brave boys can battle the brown sea, but we also serve that keep you fueled and running.

I wish I had gotten into Earth and Beyond when it was around. They had a nice support space ship class.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

peter gabriel posted:

Don't worry. That won't be a persistent punishment.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

What the hell? I wanted Star Citizen, not slender citizen? This is non-consensual patching!!!

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I didn't have the time to respond earlier but thanks to everyone for the info on Elite:Dangerous. It does sound like they have their own problems to deal with but are going about it in a better manner than CIG at the very least.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Loiosh posted:

I wish I had gotten into Earth and Beyond when it was around. They had a nice support space ship class.

Hadn't ever heard of it. Too late now, apparently. :sigh:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

peter gabriel posted:

You'd be doing them a favor :v:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

aleksendr posted:

I suffer from "seasonal depression"

What up SAD buddy. I moved to Florida to avoid that, and it kinda works. Look around for 5-htp as well, it's a precursor to seratonin that can held mediate the blues.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Dusty Lens posted:

Cripes. Nevermind the terrible placement of the useless holosphere thing. How have they made the window glare so terrible. I'm just sitting here watching a youtube channel without a concern in the world and I can't keep track of what's going on.

Also notice the the *cough immersion* animation when boarding is hilarious as you walk through your guns.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Chalks posted:

Star Citizen moderation is awesome.

A company that boasts to have some of the greatest programming talent in the world, but no one scripts the Concern forum's post-page to automatically put a poll template into the first post of a new thread, and bounce the submit if the user hasn't filled out the poll.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Lastdancer posted:

I didn't have the time to respond earlier but thanks to everyone for the info on Elite:Dangerous. It does sound like they have their own problems to deal with but are going about it in a better manner than CIG at the very least.

There is a cheap way to test wether you're going to like Elite Dangerous (at least the combat). Buy Elite Dangerous - Arena (7 $ or something), keep in mind it's quite fast paced compared to the main game. Bonus point for Frontier: If you already own ED - Arena - the main game gets a fitting discount.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Lastdancer posted:

they at least have a very stable, functional foundation to build on. CIG can't introduce even minor edits without a swathe of the bizarrest of absolutely hosed glitches

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Samizdata posted:

You know, if

B] There was a Goonfleet

Depending of how fun E:D onbaord ship bay and multi-crew get implemented you might be able to play exactly that. A Carrier Anaconda or Federal Corvette loaded with turrets suporting a wing of 3 Imperial Eagles or Courriers could be really interesting. Only having to fit a E class FSD on fighters (or maybe even none) could open a lot of interesting builds.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The atmosphere has certainly changed since December. I remember when even mild criticism had to be prefaced with apologia.

A rational Captain B'tak fear

The "I will feel grief" guy starting to feel grief of a different sort

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

aleksendr posted:

Depending of how fun E:D onbaord ship bay and multi-crew get implemented you might be able to play exactly that. A Carrier Anaconda or Federal Corvette loaded with turrets suporting a wing of 3 Imperial Eagles or Courriers could be really interesting. Only having to fit a E class FSD on fighters (or maybe even none) could open a lot of interesting builds.

Are there immersive animations during all of this?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6394551/#Comment_6394551

this thread is a pretty great read all up; people getting righteously indignant, finally, but still the unintentional hilarious comedy:

Hadron_Xon posted:

They really need to knock the price down 150$ is just way to much.Maybe 100-125$ ....

i love that CIG's had such obscenely crazy pricing for years that $100-$125 for essentially a dlc vehicle seems like a reasonable price to pay. like, do these people know you can buy multiple full games worth of wonderful, vacuous, sheer escapism for that amount of money?!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hell if I know. I just stuck my dick in a lamp socket.
stimperor be praised

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dusty Lens posted:

Cripes. Nevermind the terrible placement of the useless holosphere thing. How have they made the window glare so terrible. I'm just sitting here watching a youtube channel without a concern in the world and I can't keep track of what's going on.

Look at the times the screen goes red due to -supposedly- high G-forces. Then check the times when he's doing tight turns and changes of direction at high speed. They don't match at all, lol

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Beexoffel posted:

A company that boasts to have some of the greatest programming talent in the world, but no one scripts the Concern forum's post-page to automatically put a poll template into the first post of a new thread, and bounce the submit if the user hasn't filled out the poll.

You obviously don't understand web development. :colbert:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

They are starting to get salty. Doesnt bode well.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

I know the other two but is there more to Bobby Dylan?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The ship pureed him inside his suit and spit him out. Just open the zipper and pour him into the soup pot and you'll be eating civil meat in no time.

XK fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 23, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

Don't you think that truck ship with the letterbox view would be greatly improved by also having the same glare as the new ship? Glare in space is a big problem and the immersion is very real in this case. Please use your powers to have CIG do this change for us, as usual.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Viscous Soda posted:

This seems to be a common theme with Star Citizen.

Star Citizen: We'd like to, but CryEngine doesn't really support it.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Dusty Lens posted:

I could feel a headache starting to creep in behind my eyes after just one minute of that. I think numerous people will start complaining about getting sick from it after trying to fly it for any length of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

XK posted:

I could feel a headache starting to creep in behind my eyes after just one minute of that. I think numerous people will start complaining about getting sick from it after trying to fly it for any length of time.

Good thing it won't be flyable for some time to come. Though maybe it will only take two WEEKS!!!!

EDIT
Also:

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 23, 2016

• Locked thread