Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You can check out a list of all the new options, gay or not, here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
oh, Conquest 19. finally a map gimmick I don't like

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Looper posted:

Flora's recruitment seems pretty arbitrary but uh golly those are some stats for a level 5 unit. Unless she doesn't work the same way as Jakob and Felicia?

She doesnt. Shes a normal prepromote.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Troposphere posted:

who should I marry kaze to he deserves the best

I'd marry him but my heart belongs to tharja

I'm marrying him to Mozu, she seems a fitting mother for someone like Midori.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
why doesn't corrin just kill himself and avoid this entire medieval custody battle

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Hmm yes I think Death Blow and Sure Blow on Rinkah will be very nice

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
So i finally beat Before Awakening and got all the items. I was thinking about making my Corrin a Lodestar. He's currently level 11 - will I be able to heart seal back to whatever his promoted class is later on?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Levantine posted:

So i finally beat Before Awakening and got all the items. I was thinking about making my Corrin a Lodestar. He's currently level 11 - will I be able to heart seal back to whatever his promoted class is later on?

Yes.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I woke up and turns out I'm sick as hell so took a crack at Birthright 24 and after a fair bit of resets (lotta 1% lucky enemy crits that seemed fair) I finished it.

Story related but does the Nohr side get to see the best joke in the game?
Corrin was sobbing his eyes out and screaming curses at Garon's castle and had to have some friends pep him up. From there he walked into Lilith's temple, dumped a basket of peas and went "OH GOD LILITH". I just started laughing my rear end off to that.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Cool, my understanding is that even if he skips the specific level he would have acquired a skill, he will still get them as he levels in the class, so if I put him over now and heart seal him back, he has 5 levels to gain his promoted class skills? I suppose it's sort of moot since you can obtain various skills from other castles, but I just want to make sure I understand how it all works.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Levantine posted:

Cool, my understanding is that even if he skips the specific level he would have acquired a skill, he will still get them as he levels in the class, so if I put him over now and heart seal him back, he has 5 levels to gain his promoted class skills? I suppose it's sort of moot since you can obtain various skills from other castles, but I just want to make sure I understand how it all works.

Yeah, that's exactly how it works.

So you change him to Lodestar and go back to Hoshido/Nohr Noble when you hit 35 and get the final Lodestar skill. You'd be a level 15 Hoshido/Nohr Noble and gain the skills at levels 16 and 17.

If you changed to something like Great Knight instead where you didn't have the unpromoted skills you'd get the cav skills at 16 and 17 then the GK skills at 18 and 19.

Zore fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Feb 24, 2016

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Zore posted:

Yeah, that's exactly how it works.

So you change him to Lodestar and go back to Hoshido/Nohr Noble when you hit 35 and get the final Lodestar skill. You'd be a level 15 Hoshido/Nohr Noble and gain the skills at levels 16 and 17.

If you changed to something like Great Knight instead and didn't have the cav skills you'd get the cav skills at 16 and 17 then the GK skills at 18 and 19.

Ok, great, thanks! It feels a bit more complicated at first blush than Awakening but probably only because of the limited leveling opportunities in comparison.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
So unless i'm like completely looking in the wrong place Serene's forest doesn't actually have which kid is who's, is there like a place for that?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

So unless i'm like completely looking in the wrong place Serene's forest doesn't actually have which kid is who's, is there like a place for that?

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/

This has a list for who's who. Tabs for both Hoshidan and Nohrian characters.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/

This has a list for who's who. Tabs for both Hoshidan and Nohrian characters.

Cool thanks, good to know i'm just an idiot -_-

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Man I don't know if playing Birthright Lunatic for my first run was such a good idea. Takes me a couple resets to beat the more straightforward maps, the more complicated ones can take me up to half a day. Currently on Chapter 11 with the endless rush of enemies. Took me about five resets before I figured out a decent spot to just bunker down and let them crash against my walls.

This map also reminded me that the Rod Shop sells stat boosts that last for the entire chapter. Helps to have a cheap +2 Defense for your frontliners.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Eddain posted:

Man I don't know if playing Birthright Lunatic for my first run was such a good idea. Takes me a couple resets to beat the more straightforward maps, the more complicated ones can take me up to half a day. Currently on Chapter 11 with the endless rush of enemies. Took me about five resets before I figured out a decent spot to just bunker down and let them crash against my walls.

This map also reminded me that the Rod Shop sells stat boosts that last for the entire chapter. Helps to have a cheap +2 Defense for your frontliners.

Birthright ramps up a bit around Chapter 16. Be sure to forge weapons if you can afford it, bring Ryoma, and grind a lil if need be. I think I just did Chapter 17 last night, and without Ryoma being a literal bouncer, probably wouldn't be able to beat it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
this illusion gimmick the kitsune's have is kinda dumb

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I married Peri, and lol the cutscene explaining children is dumber then i thought

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Oh and also, after Chapter 19 is when they start coming with free master seals, right?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Birthright Hard is pretty hard. No one in my army really feels Greil Mercs/anyone in Awakening tough. I really have to pay attention to who is where and doing what. My army can dish some damage but are also pretty vulnerable overall. The changes to Pair up are good ones, I think.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You sound early in birthright. They give you god units really quick.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Tae posted:

You sound early in birthright. They give you god units really quick.

Yes, I've been playing around in castles/challenge battles to get the feel of things. I think I'm around chapter 9?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Once you get takumi and oboro, it snowballs.

edit: Nintendo said Fates sold 300k~ copies combined. The wording seems like it's only counting physical copies? You don't say "units" about digital, right?

Tae fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 24, 2016

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Tae posted:

Once you get takumi and oboro, it snowballs.

edit: Nintendo said Fates sold 300k~ copies combined. The wording seems like it's only counting physical copies? You don't say "units" about digital, right?

Not usually, no. But god drat that's a lot, that's over 3x Awakening's first week sales.

*looks* Well gently caress that, it wasn't even first week, that report was 3 days in.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Sounds like we're flush for Fire Emblem games for the near future. I hope we get another console game down the line but I don't want sales to suffer because of it (they will).

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

There is an evil force behind this game's accuracy checks. It's sadistic.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Don't companies usually wait a full week to give sales numbers? They must be really proud of that number.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tripling your previous game's sales in less than half the time is pretty goddamn impressive. I'd be proud too.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

mabels big day posted:

There is an evil force behind this game's accuracy checks. It's sadistic.

Seriously, I don't know what it is about this game's hit rates, but they're cruel. My many runs of Chapter 10 featured Corrin getting nailed by > 30% hit rates from axe men repeatedly, Niles, Arthur, Beruka and Nyx missing on > 80% and Azura missing a 90% hit rate on a double attack that would've otherwise killed a Sky Knight.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

Don't companies usually wait a full week to give sales numbers? They must be really proud of that number.

I mean, 3 times the sales of their previously best selling game is something to brag about.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Tae posted:

I mean, 3 times the sales of their previously best selling game is something to brag about.

Jesus, that good? I'm glad because this might mean less wait time for localisations in the future.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope the next game takes out kids, and lets you support with your Ike amiibo.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Junpei Hyde posted:

Jesus, that good? I'm glad because this might mean less wait time for localisations in the future.

"by making them wait longer, people wanted it even more. delay all fire emblem" - nintendo

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Junpei Hyde posted:

:cawg:

:smith:

I'm holding out an irrational hope that the delay on our end is them ironing out the numerous little issues with the translation

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Can someone do me a solid and check to see if you can still connect to My Castle?

17997-55626-80251-48827

Did some mucking around and grabbed a steel nageyeri and want to see if that triggered a shadowban.

also when you go to the DLC menu, do you only see before awakening? 'cuz I bought the Map Pack on my copy of conquest, and subsequently installed the cia for the special edition because I wanted to play invisible kingdom sooner (and also get that sweet sweet pair of boots). Only now the only thing I see is before awakening on both my copies of fates, which is odd and I don't think that was what it looked like before.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

will I be missing out on anything important if I don't bother with the capture command

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

:cawg:

:smith:

I'm holding out an irrational hope that the delay on our end is them ironing out the numerous little issues with the translation

It's not out of the question, they touched up some stuff in Awakening and fixed a few problems.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

will I be missing out on anything important if I don't bother with the capture command

There are a few capturable bosses with good skill sets/growths, but nothing super substantial.

There is a fat adventurer lady if that's your thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hopefully this leads to more anime romance in other popular nintendo series

• Locked thread