Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

We can talk about my swastika avatar now if everyone wants.

Is anyone looking to pick up the firehouse? I have one I finished, and I tossed the instructions, but it's taking up space for my not-yet-built Slave I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

The Rage posted:

*adjusts his cum-stained jorts* COMEDY?!?!? IN MY LEGO BRICK FORUM?!?!

Uh excuse me, some of use clean up after ourselves.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

mattfl posted:

Series 15 minifigs finally showed up near me. Grabbed 10 bags blind and went 9 for 10 with only one double and it was a Astronaut. Anyone have the following?

Laser Mech

Yep. Still in bag, too!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Choom Gangster posted:

We can talk about my swastika avatar now if everyone wants.

Is anyone looking to pick up the firehouse? I have one I finished, and I tossed the instructions, but it's taking up space for my not-yet-built Slave I.

Can I ask why when you finished the firehouse you threw the instructions away? I have never understood why/how this happens on $300+ sets

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

On a side note, I'm moving and would love to sell my firehouse with box and instructions, UCS tie fighter, UCS red 5, palace cinema, last gen millennium falcon, ecto 1, and a lot of loose bricks.
I'm in Seattle, can ship, or local pickup

PM me.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Just got a big lot of Lego Friends pieces from goodwill to bulk out my pastel/non-bold color collection. Those ads always get a lot less attention for whatever reason, I guess the "girly" colors?

Anyway, it's pushed me over the threshold of storing bins by piece type - 2x4 bricks, long 1x6/8/10/12 flats (plates? idk), etc. Now I think I am going to switch to bins by color with ziploc bags for the main piece types. My lady has no interest in lego itself, but she geeked out bigtime when I offhandedly mentioned trying to figure out a new organizational strategy. (she has a big carefully curated craft room for paper/cutting/seweing etc). It's frustrating when I want to explore a little building idea but I spend 25 minutes wrestling with tubs and bags gathering the pieces I want - I'm hoping color is a more logical first sorting than type, at least for the basic bricks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think you'll regret sorting by color, it's much easier to find a yellow 1x1 in a bin of random 1x1's than a bin of all yellow pieces. Unless you've got so many bricks that you're sorting by brick type AND by color.

I only use ziplocs for big pieces (like castle walls) or stuff I don't have enough of to warrant their own bin.

I have had issues with going crazy at PAB and getting so many pieces in a single color that they drown out everything else (like travis bricks, I went a little bonkers last time PAB had them and now own a few hundred of them) and in that case I'll split the bulk of it off into its own bin.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Yeah color and type. So a bin of yellows, then in there a ziploc of 1x4 flats, 1x4 bricks, all the little 1x1s in another and so on.

Some exceptions but I've got enough color variety and piece variety but not enough space for 5000 little drawers. Before I had all for example all the 2x4s in a tub with ziplocs for the biggest color groups, but I find myself more often building something largely in 1 or 2 colors than I do with 1 or 2 piece types. I'm hoping this means I only need to get out 2-3 color bins instead of 8-10 piece type bins.

Either way I'm just avoiding the days of raking through piece piles until my fingernails look like the end of an old clarinet reed.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Should I go for it, guys?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/tag/5448863570.html

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
With the amount of photos you could probably take a crack at it yourself.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
"A conversation piece"

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Big Mean Jerk posted:

"A conversation piece"

The conversation is why you spent $150 on 200 pieces

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Zodack posted:

The conversation is why you spent $150 on 200 pieces

No no, you have to contemplate the pieces they DIDN'T use.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Factory posted:

On a side note, I'm moving and would love to sell my firehouse with box and instructions, UCS tie fighter, UCS red 5, palace cinema, last gen millennium falcon, ecto 1, and a lot of loose bricks.
I'm in Seattle, can ship, or local pickup

PM me.

PM sent

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I'll be building Slave I for weeks. This thing is loving massive.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'll be building Slave I for weeks. This thing is loving massive.

It's so good man, I bought it for myself for my birthday to commemorate my emergence from my LEGO dark age, and it's probably one of if not the best LEGO set I think I have ever purchased and put together.

I'm looking forward to the other UCS stuff this year that isn't an amalgam of battle packs and old sets.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Courtesy of Sinnlos, I now have my own Bric-Vac, not only does it look great on display my daughter loves to use it to pick up her toys. That is a win-win in any situation.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Stay Puft minifig and dog demon Dimensions set marked down to $7.50 for the preorder on amazon.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Race cars should be red drat it!

This is why.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Zodack posted:

It's so good man, I bought it for myself for my birthday to commemorate my emergence from my LEGO dark age, and it's probably one of if not the best LEGO set I think I have ever purchased and put together.

I'm looking forward to the other UCS stuff this year that isn't an amalgam of battle packs and old sets.

Are the side panels supposed to be so loose? They only connect in two places near the top and the bottom is easily moved. I'm just surprised, given how solid the rest of the build is.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Are the side panels supposed to be so loose? They only connect in two places near the top and the bottom is easily moved. I'm just surprised, given how solid the rest of the build is.

Yeah, I suppose they are loose. I never noticed it until you mentioned it, probably because mine has been on its stand since construction. There probably wasn't a better way to get that angle with more than two connection points. I was really surprised during the build by how much it just looks like the real thing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I suppose it depends on your definition of loose but I wouldn't say they are , at least on mine. It's not like a build of solid bricks but they don't really go anywhere.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

ChesterJT posted:

Stay Puft minifig and dog demon Dimensions set marked down to $7.50 for the preorder on amazon.

I preordered it awhile back and it went down to this price, hopefully it stays that low and I don't have to reorder it!

Also all the new Star Wars sets are out at Fred Meyer, got the Carbonite, Hoth, Obi-wan and Droid Escape Pod today.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Still reckon it would look better in red :v: Fords just don't suit blue! Apologies to the rest of the world though, British Racing Green is the best colour and it's ours forever.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Still reckon it would look better in red :v: Fords just don't suit blue! Apologies to the rest of the world though, British Racing Green is the best colour and it's ours forever.

Gulf colors are dope.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
The classic Batmobile is kind of weird.

It's pretty big, not really minifig scale, but so far almost all of the Batmobiles have been kind of big.

Some of the connections are a little weak, including an "engine" piece in the front and that weird little vent thing in front of the windshields, which is apparently the Bat-Radar. Despite the weak connections, the frame of the vehicle is really thick. It's like a lowrider. There's maybe one tile of clearance between the bottom of the chassis and the ground.

Basically it's good for display, which I guess is what they were intending. That and the loving massive amount of stickers associated with the set. There might be more stickers than bricks. But the hubcaps aren't stickers, which is cool.

Strife fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 24, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lego seems to have zero problems printing on those 1x1 round tiles.. it must be like minifigs, they have an efficient setup to print whatever crazy idea the designers come up with as long as the base part is in stock.

sybir
Sep 10, 2004
Uhhh, what?

Norns posted:

Gulf colors are dope.

Agreed. My wife even picked them as our wedding colors ("that's your favorite racing livery, right? It'll be pretty!").

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

sybir posted:

Agreed. My wife even picked them as our wedding colors ("that's your favorite racing livery, right? It'll be pretty!").

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Are the building instructions for the Lego Dimension sets typically posted online? I would love to build two of those demon dogs from the Ghostbusters set, without having to buy the Dimensions set.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Rythe posted:

Are the building instructions for the Lego Dimension sets typically posted online? I would love to build two of those demon dogs from the Ghostbusters set, without having to buy the Dimensions set.

I've been using http://lego.brickinstructions.com/ for the Dimensions stuff I've been getting on sale.

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...
The Batcave only has one more sticker than the Ghostbuster's Firehouse. It's really not some outlandish number.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Pyroclastic posted:

I've been using http://lego.brickinstructions.com/ for the Dimensions stuff I've been getting on sale.

Thanks for the link, I'll keep this in mind when I need some further instructions. Looks like they do not have the Demon Dog instructions posted yet, I will have to check back now and then.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They don't have anything up beyond Wave 1 yet. :mad:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Picked up an incomplete Sith Fury tonight and holy gently caress trying to get a list of all the parts missing was time consuming. What's the easy way to buy them all from as few sellers as possible on bricklink, add them to my wanted list?

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002

Rythe posted:

I built it digitally a while ago - you could follow the LDD file here

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rythe posted:

Try Youtube. It's where I found instructions to build some of the stuff I bought

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

parque bynch posted:

The Batcave only has one more sticker than the Ghostbuster's Firehouse. It's really not some outlandish number.

Right but it's the giant helipad stickers that are kind of daunting. At least with most, if you gently caress it up, they're small enough or surrounded by enough bricks that it doesn't matter.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Here's a question:

I really like the look of the 70751 Temple of Airjitzu - the buildings look awesome, and the shadow puppets are a really neat touch; on the other hand I don't really care about the theme or the characters. If I got the set for RRP and then put the minifigs on eBay or Bricklink or w/e, how much do you all think I could get from selling them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Apollodorus posted:

I really like the look of the 70751 Temple of Airjitzu - the buildings look awesome, and the shadow puppets are a really neat touch; on the other hand I don't really care about the theme or the characters. If I got the set for RRP and then put the minifigs on eBay or Bricklink or w/e, how much do you all think I could get from selling them?

The bigger issue is selling the figures. I got the Avenjet for Cpt. Marvel and Iron Man, and have yet to sell any of the other figures from the set. I bought it maybe a month ago. If time isn't a factor they will likely eventually sell if you just undercut the lowest price on BL.