Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

cams posted:

i wish we had gotten gi top plus pants. gi top is rad.

The gi jacket owns. I can't wrap my head around the trousers, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Baal posted:

These are both better than the actual Laura

you mean https://www.google.com/search?q=bac...me+girl&imgrc=_

Anyway they use these for costumes down the line anyhow you'll get your dark skin anime girl laura.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk what you're trying to even say with that Google link other than Laura's a boring character

Which yeah she is

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

SectumSempra posted:

you mean https://www.google.com/search?q=bac...me+girl&imgrc=_

Anyway they use these for costumes down the line anyhow you'll get your dark skin anime girl laura.

i misread the post

anime is good

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Stupid thing that bothers me immensely, jiu-jitsu relies on wearing a Gi and Laura wears nothing up top.
I can't imagine her as doing that with the clothes shes wearing and the whole "I emanate lightning" thing makes me think she doesn't have a real base in anything.

At least this picture sorta looks like someone who grapples.

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.
Sports bra and boy shorts is valid. It's the basic uniform of WMMA. Some how Capcom made it worse than, mostly naked.

Serious question though. R Mika mad me question something. Is it Zang eef. Or Zan gi ef. How do we pronounce his name?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Reznor posted:

Sports bra and boy shorts is valid. It's the basic uniform of WMMA. Some how Capcom made it worse than, mostly naked.

Serious question though. R Mika mad me question something. Is it Zang eef. Or Zan gi ef. How do we pronounce his name?

The Japanese is the latter, but English speaking westerners pronounce it as the former. I dunno which is right.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Zan gi ef. Listen to a Russian speaker for a little bit.

Edit: It's secondary to my hate of people who pronounce Ryu, Roo. Like what the gently caress?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Team Sp00ky is streaming now http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

People keep losing to Laura

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Ry-yoo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there anything Karin can do follow up st.HK when it crush counters. I messed around in training mode and couldn't figure out any options.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Zan gi ef. Listen to a Russian speaker for a little bit.

Edit: It's secondary to my hate of people who pronounce Ryu, Roo. Like what the gently caress?

I've heard Ryu pronounced correctly by English speakers like maybe three times in all the time I've watched fg streams do I pretty much gave up on that one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ree - you. That's how I say it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

He became Evil Ryu because he was mad at people saying his name wrong

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Is there anything Karin can do follow up st.HK when it crush counters. I messed around in training mode and couldn't figure out any options.

i saw this on youtube earlier. a walk forward v trigger thing might have been beta only
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A_dpkux0Gk

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

In Training posted:

Walk forward and either cr.MK or s.HP xx whatever special. cr.MK is easier to link since it's a little faster.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

In Training posted:

Like that video shows you can get another st. HK in, or sweep obviously. If you are point blank you can walk up s.HP or s.MP into whatever, with HP being a harder timing.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Did a new toot for you guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydlPxdW4L5I

How to deal with crossups, and how to "cross-cut" DP.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Made it to Level 40 on Hard Survival before having to fight Karin with 1/3 health.

Disappointed I lost, but this is a new personal best for me.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

dafeetlee showing taking me to laura school on nlbc. lots of interesting tech with her.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Jmcrofts posted:

Did a new toot for you guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydlPxdW4L5I

How to deal with crossups, and how to "cross-cut" DP.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/feb/24/getting-frustrated-opponents-who-mash-normals-street-fighter-5-theres-training-mode-feature/

congrats

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

are nash's lights faster than ryu's? i just lost two rounds in a row to nash at the wire both rounds came down to one hit to win we were point blank range each time and my crouch jab never came out. next time i guess i'll try to block and counter instead of being aggressive.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

I just want to say Mika is cool and fun and I'm having a blast smashing people with my rear end. She has fun buttons and satisfying combos and she's so cheery it feels like I'm trolling when I win. I'm still strictly scrub-tier, at least until I break the habit of smashing command grabs when people are overly aggressive (I keep forgetting they're not instant in this) but the highlight of my evening has been de-ranking a Ken with a Double Peach Bomber.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

are nash's lights faster than ryu's? i just lost two rounds in a row to nash at the wire both rounds came down to one hit to win we were point blank range each time and my crouch jab never came out. next time i guess i'll try to block and counter instead of being aggressive.

Nash's st.lp is slower than Ryu's by one frame, crouching jab is the same at 4 frames for each of them.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hobojim posted:

Nash's st.lp is slower than Ryu's by one frame, crouching jab is the same at 4 frames for each of them.

gently caress my luck

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.

RanKizama posted:

Made it to Level 40 on Hard Survival before having to fight Karin with 1/3 health.

Disappointed I lost, but this is a new personal best for me.

46 birdie is the rear end in a top hat for me today. 44 Mika is still a bitch but high hp recovery afterwards saved the day not really.
Fight request didn't pop during any of the important matches.
I'm not sure if repeated survival mode is the fast lane to getting burnt out.

Also I'm kind of getting a slight tinge of a feeling about this game, like maybe there's "something" missing. There's also something to be said about when you bait a reversal DP and punish for 40% HP, then you knock them down and make it look like you're baiting it again but then you backdash at the last second because you're not really baiting it you're looking to sweep cos you know they will throw because you know they know you are baiting the DP again, but then they just reversal DP again and tag your backdash. gently caress IT TURNS OUT THIS GUY JUST DP'S ON WAKEUP EVERY TIME.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

NLBC SFV tourney http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

WNF SFV tourney a little after http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Is it possible to tech throws to early, and thus lose the tech window?

I think that was a thing back when I played BB, but I assume it's not in SF? I swear that I am just completely unable to tech throws for the most part, a good half the matches I lose start with taking a throw or two and that setting up the opponent's mix ups.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
You can mash throw, as long as they do indeed go for one you will break.
Throw reject misses are to my knowledge blazblue specific.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Is it possible to tech throws to early, and thus lose the tech window?

I think that was a thing back when I played BB, but I assume it's not in SF? I swear that I am just completely unable to tech throws for the most part, a good half the matches I lose start with taking a throw or two and that setting up the opponent's mix ups.

I don't think hitting throw while in any sort of stun or recovery will override the tech window later. A lot of Street Fighter players tech throws by really rapidly tapping lp/lk

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

The Gorp posted:

You can mash throw, as long as they do indeed go for one you will break.
Throw reject misses are to my knowledge blazblue specific.

That's kind of what I figured, but wanted to double check that.

Is the best way to practice defending yourself from throws just to set a training mode bot to throw you repeatedly?

Maybe just mash it faster?

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Has anyone been to the Folsom Street Foundry to play SF? How's the scene on Wednesdays? I feel like being social tonight but also wanna play video games, so this looks right up my alley right now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thank you for the Karin crush advice, I worked out the timing on walk forward + HP so hopefully I don't just freeze up next time I land a crush in a real match.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Is the best way to practice defending yourself from throws just to set a training mode bot to throw you repeatedly?

I just mash like crazy if I think they're going to throw me.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Elvis_Maximus posted:

You cant croutchtech in this game, you need to be standing up (blocking high) to tech throws.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

The Gorp posted:

You cant croutchtech in this game, you need to be standing up (blocking high) to tech throws.
This post is 100% wrong

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

does sfv let you stuff a reversal like xrd? like if you jumping attack right at recovery you can stuff a dp?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

does sfv let you stuff a reversal like xrd? like if you jumping attack right at recovery you can stuff a dp?

Depends on which reversal. Some DPs are invincible the entire time, so nothing can interrupt them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'm the texture seams