Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Maybe we just get the players wearing really huge helmets space balls style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Not to mention that multiple studies have found that often players wearing helmets have a false sense of protection and often go even harder than they normally would without one, or, opposition can think they can go harder at the helmet wearer because they are more protected. So it unto itself becomes an issue in a way.

Vickery did not look good at all and hopefully he's going to have some intense assessments to look into that. As others say, if neither team can see any incident where he could have sustained a knock in the match and he was apparently totally fine going into the match then that itself is a heck of a lot more worrying. Poor dude

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
There's something about Vickery seemingly attempting a handball on the ball he "marked" that is really disconcerting.

It gives me deja vu of the time Koschitzke just started slurring his words before collapsing on that TV interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77_VhHYb3X4

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

cmndstab posted:

There's something about Vickery seemingly attempting a handball on the ball he "marked" that is really disconcerting.

It gives me deja vu of the time Koschitzke just started slurring his words before collapsing on that TV interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77_VhHYb3X4

Holy poo poo I don't even remember that happening. That's awful :( What makes it even worse is the media pressing cameras up against the ambulance windows snapping photos as they run along beside it. gently caress that poo poo pisses me off as its just completely dehumanising.

e: When people were talking about Koschitzke in this thread for some reason I was thinking of an after the game/still on the field interview where someone (I thought Koschitzke) was almost giving nonsense answers and saying something like "where am I?" when speaking to Ling (I think). Not sure who that was now.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

thepokey posted:

Holy poo poo I don't even remember that happening. That's awful :( What makes it even worse is the media pressing cameras up against the ambulance windows snapping photos as they run along beside it. gently caress that poo poo pisses me off as its just completely dehumanising.

e: When people were talking about Koschitzke in this thread for some reason I was thinking of an after the game/still on the field interview where someone (I thought Koschitzke) was almost giving nonsense answers and saying something like "where am I?" when speaking to Ling (I think). Not sure who that was now.

Youre thinking of Dylan Roberton playing for the Saints a couple of years back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axFxdRNykY8
Took a head knock about 10 minutes earlier but seemed okay until that half time point and was then subbed off.

This talk made me look up Kosi getting hit and gently caress me its a pretty bad hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrxp1vA_lHk

I dont think Giansiracusa got any time off for that one but gently caress me in retrospect it was a pretty reckless as poo poo bump. Left the ground and wasnt contesting the ball. Could have easily shepherded safely.

Watch out for a pissed off Lenny Hayes at 2:00 laying into Giansiracusa and almost starting a melee.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Seeing Eagleton in that clip reminds me of when he collapsed that time. That was one of the worst things I remember seeing in footy. I remember he was laying on the ground shaking and convulsing it was utterly sick. Was the first time I remember thinking "someone could actually die on the footy field".

e: wiki said he was diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Nutsngum posted:

Youre thinking of Dylan Roberton playing for the Saints a couple of years back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axFxdRNykY8
Took a head knock about 10 minutes earlier but seemed okay until that half time point and was then subbed off.

This talk made me look up Kosi getting hit and gently caress me its a pretty bad hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrxp1vA_lHk

I dont think Giansiracusa got any time off for that one but gently caress me in retrospect it was a pretty reckless as poo poo bump. Left the ground and wasnt contesting the ball. Could have easily shepherded safely.

Watch out for a pissed off Lenny Hayes at 2:00 laying into Giansiracusa and almost starting a melee.

He laid a similar hit on Jordan Lewis a few years ago too. Was pretty scary at the time.

https://youtu.be/Wfu46ZGHm-U

Edit: whoops that was Harbrow.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
I thought they worked out Vickery had sun-stroke?
That was what I read earlier in the week when I saw the footage.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Doggies and Giants tonight. Actually kind of interested to see how that goes.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Just told the CEO of the company I work for that I would be in for the footy tipping comp, only to find out that the entire season is tipped before the first bounce, and that he is a dockers support and im eagles.

This could get interesting.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
lol what the hell

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
tip all the friday night margins in february m8 or you;re fired

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Dont know if they do margins. That would make things even more :psyduck:

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

I love the pre-season tips style comp. Makes things more fun.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

pkid posted:

I thought they worked out Vickery had sun-stroke?
That was what I read earlier in the week when I saw the footage.

Richmond confirmed it wasn't sunstroke

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
The pre season tipping also removes the incentive to stop caring about tipping in round 5 because you forgot to put your tips in one week and got a 1.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Bulldogs are going in with two less players on their bench than GWS. Bold strategy, let's see how it plays out.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I guess it's like the bloos only having 70odd rotations in their match, a conditioning thing

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Just watched Tory Dickson shank a shot from 25 m dead in front

#Preseason

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Bulldogs have been firmly a class above the Giants but have been inaccurate. Meanwhile the Giants haven't been composed at all and just kept on turning it over coming out of defense. That of course led to Stringer having 4.4 and 7 inside 50s to 3 quarter time.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Feb 25, 2016

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Guy Pearce is getting a lap dance to the tune of the Fitzroy theme song on the ABC atm

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I enjoyed listening to Derm call Jake Stringer Jesse Stringer about 10 times. I don't know what these fucks are paid but I bet for whatever it is I could do a better job.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Boy oh boy, that was a big kick from Campbell

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Periphery posted:

I enjoyed listening to Derm call Jake Stringer Jesse Stringer about 10 times. I don't know what these fucks are paid but I bet for whatever it is I could do a better job.

Earlier he was crapping on about all the midfield time Suckling was going to have to do

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Suckling & Caleb Daniel both picked up 17 touches at 100% each. They weren't cheapies either, it was genuine link work

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Suckers is such a good fit for the Dogs it's crazy. If they use him as a wing/high hff he'll get a billion score involvements.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I guess Carlton did a deal with marvel?

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/702801505183735808

Edit: I remember this, just. I miss the days of that scoreline too.
https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/702761252125335553

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Seems like all the clubs are doing their own hashtags, #foreverfreo #gopies #weflyasone (crows) #boundbyblue #bemorebulldog, with the Eagles being the most factually incorrect #thewestisunited

I couldn't find the Demons Twitter account for some reason.

Also the crows alternate jumper has been released, it's awful
https://twitter.com/adelaide_fc/status/702800878219046912

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Spedman posted:

I couldn't find the Demons Twitter account for some reason.

@melbournefc

#myheartbeatstrue

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Memento posted:

@melbournefc

#myheartbeatstrue

Well now it comes up on my Twitter search, it wouldn't show on all the other search terms I used before

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Daily Mail did a bit of a profile on some of the women footballers. Trigger warning 'footie', trigger warning typical daily mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3461274/Top-ten-female-footie-stars-catch-eye-women-s-league-goes-national-2017.html

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

:dogbutton:

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

drunkill posted:

I guess Carlton did a deal with marvel?

Makes sense. Carlton's games, too, are painful to watch, go on for too long, and don't pass the Bechdel test.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Why is tonight's game being played at Geelong? I know the answer is literally 'Geelong and Collingwood' but really?!

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

gabensraum posted:

Makes sense. Carlton's games, too, are painful to watch, go on for too long, and don't pass the Bechdel test.
The only good Marvel film I've seen is GotG - haven't gotten around to Deadpool yet

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

monolithburger posted:

Why is tonight's game being played at Geelong? I know the answer is literally 'Geelong and Collingwood' but really?!

Nice to see Collingwood getting their 1 away game of 2016 out of the way quickly

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

The Deadly Hume posted:

The only good Marvel film I've seen is GotG - haven't gotten around to Deadpool yet

Deadpool is loving funny, don't know how it compares to other Marvel films though because I haven't watched one in ages.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Deadpool isn't marvel nerds
e: the film is 20th century fox I mean like xmen

Paracausal fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 26, 2016

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Deadpool is funnier than the footy show, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The Deadly Hume posted:

captain america 2 kicks rear end

• Locked thread