Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
sometimes i whisper "loose corn" to myself in the shower and begin to laugh uncontrollably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Gamma Nerd posted:

sometimes i whisper "loose corn" to myself in the shower and begin to laugh uncontrollably

I do the exact same thing, but with "none pizza, left beef"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

When I was a kid I'd eat ramen noodles with hot dogs sliced in it.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Hirayuki posted:

Japanese McD's, too. It's on their sides menu, so even a grown-up can go hog wild.

Spain offers cherry tomatoes or carrot sticks in their Happy Meals. :allears:

I can eat whole baskets of cherry tomatoes, so sign me the gently caress up.

Aesop Poprock posted:

My grandma smothers her mac and cheese with ketchup and even as a little kid who put ketchup on everything I thought it was gross

When my brothers were little, they insisted on putting ketchup on everything (everything) and my dad finally put a stop to it when he caught them putting it in applesauce.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don't really like ketchup in the first place anyway, so mixing ketchup with random stuff just weirds me out. I'm cool with marinara though.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
My sister-in-law puts canned tuna in her boxed mac 'n cheese. I can't even look. I love ketchup, but I wouldn't put it in my KD.

Hirayuki posted:

Japanese McD's, too. It's on their sides menu, so even a grown-up can go hog wild.

Spain offers cherry tomatoes or carrot sticks in their Happy Meals. :allears:

I love looking at international McDonald's offerings. LOVE IT. Some of the poo poo just sounds so good. I have to really talk myself out of going there when I'm on vacation because I don't want to be an American stereotype.

HK McD's used to offer pineapple on the side, and they had TARO PIES.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

bringmyfishback posted:

I love looking at international McDonald's offerings. LOVE IT. Some of the poo poo just sounds so good. I have to really talk myself out of going there when I'm on vacation because I don't want to be an American stereotype.

DO IT. When I was in Japan there was a McD's very close to my room and I tried a few things there. It's been almost 14 years and I still remember the teriyaki burger.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

My favourite thing is fried spinach and heirloom tomatoes in mac n' cheese. White PC brand, $0.69. It looks like cat puke but it's delicious.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i used to know a place that cooks bolognese by using ketchup and honey, and mayonnaise . Their bolognese loving sucks

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

bringmyfishback posted:

My sister-in-law puts canned tuna in her boxed mac 'n cheese. I can't even look.

Is that because you are worried it could be your fish?

Seriously, though, browned/drained ground beef or canned tuna are my two added protein Mac-and-cheese gotos.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i used to know a place that cooks bolognese by using ketchup and honey, and mayonnaise . Their bolognese loving sucks

By "place" you mean like some very confused kid in a dorm room taking a guess and not some actual restaurant right? Cause I think you would legally be able to burn a place like that to the ground

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

bringmyfishback posted:

My sister-in-law puts canned tuna in her boxed mac 'n cheese. I can't even look. I love ketchup, but I wouldn't put it in my KD.

My idiot roommate did this once, but he only had lemon pepper flavoured tuna. Oh, and he ran out of real milk so he made the mac & cheese with almond milk. The result was disgusting.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I've noticed that often in the Mid-west, lots of people use ketchup for stuff like that. It's gross as hell.

cash crab posted:

When my brothers were little, they insisted on putting ketchup on everything (everything) and my dad finally put a stop to it when he caught them putting it in applesauce.

My dad is like this with parmesan cheese and mayo. If there's meat, it'll get mayo with it no questions asked. I remember him getting a hot dog and being mad with the person there, and their reasoning that they didn't have any because "nobody ever wants it." When I eat with them, our whole family will get their meal, sit down, eat, and finish in the time it takes him to get all of his condiments together and applied. And every time he sits down he starts yelling at everybody for eating so fast. When he was diagnosed with Type 2, he was having trouble keeping his sugar down. I had to pull out all of the condiment bottles in the fridge and show him how much sugar and calories were in a serving of each, and how big a serving was. The realization that came to him was really sad.

That, and he puts grated parmesan cheese on anything that's labeled as "Italian." You can actually hear him breathing heavily as he gets the chance to put it on top of his food. The inexplicably annoying part is that he and his side of the family call it "shaky cheese" (I don't know if that's a southern or midwestern thing where he's from or if they're just weird), and he gets insanely confrontational if you tell him to ease up on it or try the food first. Best memory was mom taking a bit of something-alfredo he had ordered at a restaurant and dumped grated parm all over it. She literally couldn't swallow it because the extra cheese had turned it into this horrible creamy adhesive.

Plan Z has a new favorite as of 08:40 on Feb 26, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Is the ring in the bowl?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

bringmyfishback posted:

Taiwan McD's regularly offers taro pies, and jesus in loving heaven do they belong in here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q16mY9Vqwc

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

TetsuoTW posted:

Taiwan McD's regularly offers taro pies, and jesus in loving heaven do they belong in here:

I love localized fast food since it's regularly so much better than their standard offerings.

In the Middle East you can get the McArabia, basically a Chicken Big Mac with garlic sauce instead of cheese in nigella seed Flatbread.

And there are regional variations within the middle east: Egypt got one with grilled eggplants instead of tomato, theres also a halloumi breakfast version.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

I want to make a pie that looks like MGS4 Raiden so that stuff leaks out when you cut it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

theres also a halloumi breakfast version.

Oh god unf :fap:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

bringmyfishback posted:

The one thing I miss most from my time in China is McD's Taro Pies. Those things are amazing.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

CannonFodder posted:

What is it with Canadians putting ketchup in their Kraft Dinner mac and cheese? It even ended up in that If I had a Million Dollars song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TnWIICkBeE

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

bringmyfishback posted:

Same here. :sigh: Especially McDonald's and Starbucks. I like to try the Local Legendary Burgers at Hard Rock Cafes around the world, too--the one in Venice was crazy delicious, and Cozumel has kickass beef, chorizo, and chicharron tacos--but I do feel like a dumb American tourist wasting a meal chit.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Have you guys seen @70s_party? It's a weird twitter that specializes in hideous food from a bygone era.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Plan Z posted:

shaky mayo

This made me giggle until the Type 2 part. Also, yeah, "shaky cheese" is apparently a regional thing. It's a cute and very confusing way to say it.

Hirayuki posted:

Same here. :sigh: Especially McDonald's and Starbucks. I like to try the Local Legendary Burgers at Hard Rock Cafes around the world, too--the one in Venice was crazy delicious, and Cozumel has kickass beef, chorizo, and chicharron tacos--but I do feel like a dumb American tourist wasting a meal chit.

I think I wouldn't have a problem trying chains in other countries. I was very excited (and disappointed, later) with English McDonald's because it wasn't much different, and that's the only other place I've been. I still want to try American fast food because I understand it's much, much better down there.

Anyway, content, because I contribute to derails so much:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Looks like something you'd see two hobos fighting over in a Depression-era film

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Hirayuki posted:

When I was in France three years ago, Starbucks was pretty new and novel and when I FINALLY got some Starbucks I was just so happy to drink a large cup of coffee. I got some specialty flavored latte and other than Nescafé instant, it was the first big cup of coffee I'd had in three months and I wanted to just swim in it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

If you failed your initiative roll that thing would probably jump you

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

its a bad picture but that is pretty clearly just some sliced seared ahi

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I know, I just like the threatening glimmer it has in the dark.

fleshy echidna
Apr 11, 2010
Gotta be real careful around nightmeats.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

mods, please change my username to nightmeats, thank you.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

McDs chat: at the Denpasar airport the pump jugs are full of sweet chili sauce instead of ketchup and it's AMAZING

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ham yeast-infection on toast with peas.

Blackfish
Sep 12, 2007

we have to be prepared to smoke a thousand joints before our quest is complete

It's usually vaguely edible but poo poo on a shingle is a terrible name for food

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
poo poo on a shingle sounds less obscene than creamed chipped beef.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/sinobu6542/status/703215636781006851

please no

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

This looks threatening.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6x3MrRMdv4

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

"Sometimes the recipes on Cookpad look like nothing but rituals to summon the Dark Gods. Who the hell makes these?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Mmmm pie.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread