Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
is galio a counter pick against leblanc

because i just saw a ranked game galio from surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Hello, it is me, returned former diamond player Daunte Vicknabb. I am going to probably try streaming today from my new laptop. I'll be doing it on a Silver 2 smurf I have so if any of you in Bronze/Silver/Gold want to play with me feel free to add me on Honus Swagner and I can get you free Elo*.

*Free Elo offer not guaranteed since I will probably be somewhat goofing off and playing bad champs or champs I am bad at but hey you'll at least have one person on your team who has literally never intentionally AFKed in over three years of playing. E: I cannot guarantee I won't face check Baron.

And yes Galio is considered a LB counter bc his gimmick is building MR and LeBlanc gets owned by the item "Negatron Cloak."

Daunte Vicknabb fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 26, 2016

Nyandaber Z
Apr 8, 2009
I can understand the people being more raging in ranked, because MY PRECIOUS LP. But why does it feel people in ranked are also much more prone to leaving / DCing? I'm having a bad streak of leaving teammates and it's hard to climb when I have those autoloose games regularely added to my history. Riot should increase the LP loss for the leaver, and decrease for the others who aren't in premade with him. I'm just out of a game where we started to comeback after being rolled all game, great momentum on our side. But nope, our adc disappeared.

I kinda like the league system, but sometimes I really want to just play normals, with people who can actually stay calm after a single mistake and are not playing on satellite connection from antarctica.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sperglord Firecock posted:

is galio a counter pick against leblanc

because i just saw a ranked game galio from surprise

yes the guy who gets damage from MR and has a skill that gives him MR counters the magic damage assassin

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Its because riot hypes up ranked all the way from 0-30. You spend 200 hours getting told about ranked and how cool and awesome it is and how much pussy you slay once you get silver 2. Then your support misses a skillshot and your noob jungler is busy getting level 3 never ganking and welp you got Bronze 3. Because the mistakes of others are remembered more than your own and there are 4 others, its not your fault at all. So why not teach these loving scrub cunts a lesson and afk, that'll show em

Literally the mindset of atleast 10% of the oce server cause someone always ragequits every time I queue too.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Nyandaber Z posted:

I can understand the people being more raging in ranked, because MY PRECIOUS LP. But why does it feel people in ranked are also much more prone to leaving / DCing?

people who are on tilt get this absurd idea of what a "good game" is and as soon as anything deviates from this they consider the game lost and assume that they just have to keep rolling to get the winning combination that will get them out of elo hell

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

pog boyfriend posted:

people who are on tilt get this absurd idea of what a "good game" is and as soon as anything deviates from this they consider the game lost and assume that they just have to keep rolling to get the winning combination that will get them out of elo hell

I am convinced that a ton of players would gain a pretty significant boost in win rate if they'd just be willing to get carried sometimes. So many games I get in full of 6-9 dudes who are convinced they have to individually carry the game and can't win if they're personally behind

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

my favorite games are when bottom lane is doing bad and the lucian/caitlyn has called the GG at 7 minutes when our other two lanes are so far ahead they're leisurely diving the person they're laning against

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
People AFK because they are idiot babby. Again, I have played a ton of ranked at nearly every level including experimenting on Bronze accounts and never intentionally left a game (on maybe ten or so occasions I've sat on the fountain after my teammates started intentionally losing but also refusing theory just ff and move on). Everyone tilts, nearly everyone at least back talks the assholes on their team once in a while, but it takes a special sort of dipshit to AFK. I had it happen in four of my last ten games on my main account. One game I won after an enemy rage quit as 0/0/0 Annie mid. The Blitz on my team threatened to throw anyways. The next game the Blitz played Azir on my team and sure enough he AFKed three times while coming back to remind us how little he cared. Literally two consecutive games both decided for better and for worse by things entirely outside of my control.

Daunte Vicknabb fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 26, 2016

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

one time i was having a poo poo game as kog maw cause some rear end in a top hat zed kept flash suicide diving me and killing me every team fight, but the zed was also i think 70% of the teams kills at this point so by transitioning into trading 1 for 1 with me every fight all he did was make me salty and also making his team lose every fight until we easily won the game

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

pog boyfriend posted:

yes the guy who gets damage from MR and has a skill that gives him MR counters the magic damage assassin

then why did he feed her so hard

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Janna is really fun guys

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sperglord Firecock posted:

then why did he feed her so hard

being bad at the game and/or playing galio or having a stupid item build. as long as you do not get killed by autos at level 1-2 it should be virtually impossible to lose that lane(you might not be able to do much about lb roaming though)

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

pog boyfriend posted:

one time i was having a poo poo game as kog maw cause some rear end in a top hat zed kept flash suicide diving me and killing me every team fight, but the zed was also i think 70% of the teams kills at this point so by transitioning into trading 1 for 1 with me every fight all he did was make me salty and also making his team lose every fight until we easily won the game

Still though the burst assassin trading his life for the ADCs every fight sounds like he was doing his job?

Like ideally he wouldn't die but I mean if someone said as my team's Zed hey I'm just gonna die to kill the ADC every fight I'd be like cool man go with god

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

pog boyfriend posted:

being bad at the game and/or playing galio or having a stupid item build. as long as you do not get killed by autos at level 1-2 it should be virtually impossible to lose that lane(you might not be able to do much about lb roaming though)

i agree, but how the hell did he lose so hard

she didn't even roam, he just kept feeding her kills

mind you, she was very good

but even godyr couldn't carry that game

Stefan Prodan posted:

Still though the burst assassin trading his life for the ADCs every fight sounds like he was doing his job?

Like ideally he wouldn't die but I mean if someone said as my team's Zed hey I'm just gonna die to kill the ADC every fight I'd be like cool man go with god

yeah no fault there, that sounds like zed doing his job

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

if someone said as my teams zed hey man i am going to go in 1v5 every fight and get locked down and die after killing the adc i would be like whoa buddy hold your horses we can initiate the fight for you and wait for them to blow cc so that you have a chance of surviving or doing damage to any other target before you die

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

Safety Scissors posted:

Not to be that guy, but it seems like Mein Kampf is open source and a translation of it is on wikipedia

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mein_Kampf

That quote's not in there.
So then it can't be a Hitler quote?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

being ahead and dying to kill their ranged man, if he isnt very far ahead, is not exactly a good use of zed's time. ideally the zed could just go to a sidelane and 1v1 people but such is life in soloqueue.

edit: also people searched for the quote in german and couldn't find it, sounds like it has been falsely attributed to hitler

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Radical posted:

being ahead and dying to kill their ranged man, if he isnt very far ahead, is not exactly a good use of zed's time. ideally the zed could just go to a sidelane and 1v1 people but such is life in soloqueue.

he was like 20/6 before he started doing that poo poo

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
My least favorite solo Q star is the solo Q "split pusher" who basically just shoves top as hard as he can over and over without wards and when he inevitably gets 3 manned over and over and dies goes "WHY ARENT YOU GUYS PRESSURING ANYTHING" even if you had all just backed or died or weren't able to push fast enough or whatever

Basically the person who doesn't understand that team can't just instantly push a wave to their inhib tower or understand that sometimes people just have to go back to base but just pushes as hard as he can and dies anyway

I feel like most of the time in solo queue when people say "I'm gonna spit" this is what they mean

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
So who broke ranked?

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Etrips posted:

So who broke ranked?

it was us all along

my god, the horror

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

League of Legends Season 6: It Has Been Falsely Attributed to Hitler

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Today is the first time I've had to play in almost two weeks and ranked goes down. gently caress you Riot.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Safety Scissors posted:

You're not biting anything, this is your typical posting.

I'm sorry I made a joke that is offensive to no one and yet somehow made you mad ?????

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Whoops

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So my friend drew a thing:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
egg!! Egg! a loving egg lol :suicide:

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

oh man lets play some league of oh nvm

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Argona posted:

oh man lets play some league of oh nvm

The wait time only goes up :grin:

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
so now Rengar is disabled? lol just lol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

seizure later posted:

so now Rengar is disabled? lol just lol

http://youtu.be/4MUEyuykdKc

This is 4 bugged champions this patch so far?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kashuno posted:

http://youtu.be/4MUEyuykdKc

This is 4 bugged champions this patch so far?

Looks balanced to me. That's the buff Rengar needed to be competitive.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

How did they even break all this poo poo on champions they didn't touch. Fiora is understandable, but the others? That's crazy.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

My least favorite solo Q star is the solo Q "split pusher" who basically just shoves top as hard as he can over and over without wards and when he inevitably gets 3 manned over and over and dies goes "WHY ARENT YOU GUYS PRESSURING ANYTHING" even if you had all just backed or died or weren't able to push fast enough or whatever

Basically the person who doesn't understand that team can't just instantly push a wave to their inhib tower or understand that sometimes people just have to go back to base but just pushes as hard as he can and dies anyway

I feel like most of the time in solo queue when people say "I'm gonna spit" this is what they mean
This playstyle works all the way up to challenger if hashinshin is any indication

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Stefan Prodan posted:

If someone solo pushes without wards to the extent that they die repeatedly, then that's on them, but the other side of this coin is when the team sit there like lumps even though the opposition has had to peel off 2-3 people to go top or whatever. Like if you unluckily happen to get picked off or need to back just as he's starting his top push, whatever, poo poo happens some of the time, but if someone is consistently split pushing then over the course of the game it's not unreasonable to expect the team to take a majority of the opportunities that this affords for pressure.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

What the god drat gently caress is going on today

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Hello, it is me, returned former diamond player Daunte Vicknabb. I am going to probably try streaming today from my new laptop. I'll be doing it on a Silver 2 smurf I have so if any of you in Bronze/Silver/Gold want to play with me feel free to add me on Honus Swagner and I can get you free Elo*.

*Free Elo offer not guaranteed since I will probably be somewhat goofing off and playing bad champs or champs I am bad at but hey you'll at least have one person on your team who has literally never intentionally AFKed in over three years of playing. E: I cannot guarantee I won't face check Baron.

And yes Galio is considered a LB counter bc his gimmick is building MR and LeBlanc gets owned by the item "Negatron Cloak."

I added you (drhorrible1; mid plat elo last season, placed gold 5).

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The Shortest Path posted:

So my friend drew a thing:

What did he put on the frog mans head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
has anyone seen the message that tells you you're being a shitlord recently? i feel like it hasn't been around for a few weeks and i miss the lil' guy :(

• Locked thread