Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

They can probably beat CLG and definitely SPLYCE. Also, they could have beaten Vexed, but the auto-sniper killed any momentum they had. They definitely still have a chance of qualifying.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Well, that was a match.

Good on SPLYCE.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
all I can think about is how awesome it would have been if the loving mongolz could have been beating CLG there instead of splyce

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I want Renegades stickers

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
lol if SPLYCE qualifies for the major and Stewie2k + C9 don't

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
gently caress yeah waylander is back

also:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

jesus c9 are embarrassing

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

c9 is such a loving joke, getting ROLLED right now.

edit: lol elimination match against dignitas? seeya c9.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

C9 getting destroyed on their best map.

The hope of NA really is Liquid.

And South America.

Emmerdeur
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I don't think this C9 roster will amount to much :(

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 26, 2021

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

harrygomm posted:

freak in his stupid gunnars is killing me

makes it looks like everyone has a tan

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

harrygomm posted:

Be careful bullying him. You might have to make a public apology.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

LOL RIP c9

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

GG C9, losing to pistols.

Dignitas can definitely beat them, so Cloud9 won't even be in groups. They just keep slipping further down the slope.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

harrygomm posted:

I'm trying to remember who it was, but some recent esports thing I was watching the guy wouldn't shut up about his gunnars.

Like drat dude how much did they pay you?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
had to take the gunnar sponsorship to make up for his bullying spree

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

e: watching the CLG/Splyce game now. Haha I love how loving pumped Splyce is. I really miss that poo poo.

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm trying to remember who it was, but some recent esports thing I was watching the guy wouldn't shut up about his gunnars.

Like drat dude how much did they pay you?

Is this it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPCDoANDkl4

I honestly didn't even know C9 was still playing. I thought they just dropped out.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Feb 27, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

fennesz posted:

Is this it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPCDoANDkl4

I honestly didn't even know C9 was still playing. I thought they just dropped out.

Nah it was like during a tournament, which is why it was so ridiculous. The announcer went over to one guy and was like "hey, nice gunnars!" and the guy was like "yeah I wear the gunnars because they help me game better when I wear gunnars so you should get gunnars gunnars gunnars gunnars"

I was like drat :signings:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Wait so these guys spend money on computer sunglasses instead of not looking at the screen every once in a while?? :psyduck:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Wait so these guys spend money on computer sunglasses instead of not looking at the screen every once in a while?? :psyduck:

they get paid to wear them

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Someone on the other team got an M4A1-S | Icarus Fell (~$100) after my last game yesterday and that made me a bit salty.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Katana Gomai posted:

Someone on the other team got an M4A1-S | Icarus Fell (~$100) after my last game yesterday and that made me a bit salty.

re-evaluate your neurological patterns

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Carol Pizzamom posted:

re-evaluate your neurological patterns

After two years of getting nothing but 5-20 cent shitters, seeing someone get a $100 drop randomly made me a bit jealous, sue me

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Anyone who plays this game is fundamentally broken in the head.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

symbolic posted:

C9 getting destroyed on their best map.

The hope of NA really is Liquid.

And South America.

and splyce

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Video game pixels is a serious matter

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Katana Gomai posted:

After two years of getting nothing but 5-20 cent shitters, seeing someone get a $100 drop randomly made me a bit jealous, sue me

my attorney's account has sent you a private message.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

qhat posted:

Video game pixels is a serious matter

$100 can buy you many things which aren't video game pixels

stump collector
May 28, 2007
tempostorm is playing right now and im very excited about it. how many teams qualify for the major from this event?

edit: one from each group it looks like

stump collector fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 27, 2016

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

exethan posted:

tempostorm is playing right now and im very excited about it. how many teams qualify for the major from this event?

edit: one from each group it looks like

Top two from each group. The 8 playoff teams from the last major got a direct invite, 8 teams get in via the qualifier.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
So each team in the winners match qualified already, and the group final matches are for seeding purposes?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

exethan posted:

So each team in the winners match qualified already, and the group final matches are for seeding purposes?

No. They are double elimination groups.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone who goes 2-0 is qualified, anyone who went 0-2 is out and you're left with two teams 1-1 that scramble for the last spot in their group.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
:doh:

i'm smart

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Those G2 avatars hahahahah

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

I watched someone get a Medusa last operation. I couldn't even be mad.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Ugh that was a heartbreaker for Flipside. 14-15 in a 2v1 and they lose it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Overall they didn't deserve to win though to be honest. They will probably go out vs Tempo Storm as well. I don't really want a team like F3 at the majors because they just play extremely unflashy, drilled and disciplined CS with sub-par players and can almost never beat top tier teams. At least G2 and TS are teams that can upset the best.