Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Goober Peas posted:

Harry Mann Chevrolet

:mmmhmm:

I see your Harry Mann and raise you Dick Hogg:

http://dickhoggcollision.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Sun's coming up. The perfect time for a Sunday drive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My girlfriend has weaponized her bad taste in music and television.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I bought one of these because a buddy of mine made a basement track to race them one:

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOS00002T1

My dog has been chasing it around all morning, its hilarious. Stupid thing is really fast for how small it is. I used to play with 1/10 touring cars, this car is surprisingly comparable as far as handling and steering precision. Pretty awesome for 165 bux.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Re: That Mitsubishi video - Today I learned "sex spec" is a thing. I guess that's the name for the early 2000s Fast and Furious looking douchebags?

What's fun is if you go back and re watch the first F&F movie it's funny how badly it has aged.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Previa_fun posted:

Re: That Mitsubishi video - Today I learned "sex spec" is a thing. I guess that's the name for the early 2000s Fast and Furious looking douchebags?

What's fun is if you go back and re watch the first F&F movie it's funny how badly it has aged.

Its like watching the Matrix now. I often say, wow, this was so awesome back then, and now its loving terrible.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Its like watching the Matrix now. I often say, wow, this was so awesome back then, and now its loving terrible.

It is nothing like that because the matrix was good at the time and if you watch it now and put aside the horribly dated effects, still a decent film. FF was terrible garbage from day one and only gotten worse in light of the sequels (which slowly, painfully plodded their way up to the level of merely ordinary mediocrity).

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Previa_fun posted:

:rice: is way worse though, the first one is still somewhat watchable at least. I've tried like half a dozen times to get through the sequel and I still don't know how it ends.

Also, GET YOU'RE OWN drat POPCORN

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 28, 2016

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Slavvy posted:

It is nothing like that because the matrix was good at the time and if you watch it now and put aside the horribly dated effects, still a decent film. FF was terrible garbage from day one and only gotten worse in light of the sequels (which slowly, painfully plodded their way up to the level of merely ordinary mediocrity).

Should have clarified the effects are now awful. The film isn't bad and if its on TV, I will watch it.

I couldn't do FF when it first came out, tried it the other day, made it about 10 minutes in and clicked it off.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

None of them were ever good movies, but I've enjoyed watching all of them (except 2). Just gotta turn your brain off completely.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Tommychu posted:

:rice: is way worse though, the first one is still somewhat watchable at least. I've tried like half a dozen times to get through the sequel and I still don't know how it ends.

Also, GET YOU'RE OWN drat POPCORN

"He's beeeeautiful..."

"I like his haircut."

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I always loved "The Fast and the Furious" as a movie title, it just sounds so dramatic. The movie is fun in a goofy way, not enough of a fan to get a "tuna, no crust" sticker for my car though.

I also love that the latest was called "Furious 7" but wish seven was spelled out.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Deeters posted:

None of them were ever good movies, but I've enjoyed watching all of them (except 2). Just gotta turn your brain off completely.

This. They're not good movies but they can be fun to watch.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Nobody likes the tuna The Fast and the Furious here.
Yeah well I do. :colbert:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Umm the F&F sequels had The Rock rip a chain gun off a helicopter to mow down people in the street so yeah they are pretty cool.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Nevermind, enjoy your ridiculously bad FF movies.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Saw this ad for IP protection in my alum magazine:

Pretty well conceived drawing!

I wondered if anyone'd tried that before. There's a bicycle at burning man:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk7s4PfvCZg
which cleverly dispenses with the eccentric gears by using the suspension and those flat pieces to offset the vertical motion of the centroid.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I've only seen 3 & 4 start to finish, and I've seen bits of 1 and 2. Here's my breakdown:

1 - Absolutely amazing in a trainwreck sort of way. It's so bad, but it's beautiful in a time capsule sort of way.
2 - Pandering garbage that is so loving bad. Actually hurts to watch.
3 - Supposed to be direct to video, incredibly dumb, but it is by all accounts a good film. Dark horse of the series.
4 - I think this is the pivoting point when they turned into "serious" action movies, incredibly incredibly dumb. I saw this one in theaters and laughed my rear end off at all of the bad acting (and 2 stroke engine cutaways in the credits).
5 - The franchise is no longer "serious" action movies... they're now mega blockbuster "serious" action movies. Physics isn't real, etc. No real opinion outside of giving Dwayne Johnson a paycheck.
6 - No opinion, I know it's dumb, but that's about it.
7 - Rest In Pizza Paulie Walks. It looked dumb, was called "Sky Mission" in Japan.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Funny enough a wankel rotor is pretty close to a shape called a releaux (sp) triangle, which is a constant width shape. Not the best for an axle driven wheel, but it makes a perfectly serviceable roller for something like a track system.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Every sequel after Tokyo Drift is cool. Action movies with cool cars. 2F2F and TD suck.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I like Tokyo Drift. It's charmingly daft, and they chucked a Keiichi Tsuchiya cameo in, which buys them as much slack as they need.

I also love the Taxi movies. They know exactly what they are, and that's what they give you. The 2004 US film does not exist in my universe, however.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

meatpimp posted:

Nevermind, enjoy your ridiculously bad FF movies.
Are you genuinely angry that people like to watch FF movies? I love that.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

InitialDave posted:

I like Tokyo Drift. It's charmingly daft, and they chucked a Keiichi Tsuchiya cameo in, which buys them as much slack as they need.

I also love the Taxi movies. They know exactly what they are, and that's what they give you. The 2004 US film does not exist in my universe, however.

Taxi is great and the humour is spot on too, there were two sequels I think but I've never gone near them. Also when I heard about the US version I cried a little inside.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

88h88 posted:

Taxi is great and the humour is spot on too, there were two sequels I think but I've never gone near them. Also when I heard about the US version I cried a little inside.
There are four French ones (so far). They are all completely silly. The second one has Jean-Louis Schlesser both in cameo and doing a chunk of the stunt driving.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
We got to watch Taxi once at the end of year in French class. :cool:

The next year we got to watch Amelie. :suicide:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

InitialDave posted:

Tokyo Drift is my favorite of the series. It's so light-hearted and fun. Incredibly stupid and poorly-acted by Lucas Black, but it's a fun movie.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Cage posted:

Are you genuinely angry that people like to watch FF movies? I love that.

Literally shaking with rage. :rolleyes:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

angryhampster posted:

Tokyo Drift is my favorite of the series. It's so light-hearted and fun. Incredibly stupid and poorly-acted by Lucas Black, but it's a fun movie.

As opposed to the great range displayed by irl ghost Paul Walker.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

ssjonizuka posted:

Dear god, I cannot wait for when my kids figure out their sleep issues. I'm so drat tired of all of this. Love them to death, but I would like more than a couple hours in my bed next to my wife.

It sounds kinda like they know that you spending a couple of hours next to your wife might lead to more siblings. :haw:

BloodBag posted:

Can he just review the car without the stupid side-thing he does? Him and TTAC are so annoying with their journalistic masturbation and trying to sound like the smartest guy in the room.

There's plenty of videos on his channel that don't have the RCR persona.

.... like when he drives a Saturn Ion Redline. :doh:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

angryhampster posted:

I misread this as "Lewis Black" and now I want an F&F movie shot from a dashcam perspective with him yelling at other drivers for 3 hours.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 28, 2016

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Oh lord. I just saw a hot blonde chick at the packie driving a manual G37x Coupe.:love:

What are the Taxi movies? I thought it was that POS movie with Jimmy Fallon and Queen Laqueefa.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

New shed gets delivered today... Im excited!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Oh lord. I just saw a hot blonde chick at the packie driving a manual G37x Coupe.:love:

What are the Taxi movies? I thought it was that POS movie with Jimmy Fallon and Queen Laqueefa.

The originals are French, the first one is superb and stupid and fun and has a cracking French hip-hop soundtrack and the coolest Peugeot 406 everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. As usual, Hollywood can't have original ideas so stole it and made it awful.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Sweet. Gonna have to check it out soon.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Found an English subtitled trailer. Need to watch it again myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nANiVnDJOo

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

This is what I thought you guys were talking about

I'm old :ohdear:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Goober Peas posted:

This is what I thought you guys were talking about

I'm old :ohdear:

Glad I'm not the only one. One of my all time favorite deniro movies. I used to build wrist tracks for my cap guns when I was little.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Got some free tickets to the pistons game tonight. Shouting down the Canadian raptors fans is fun. Also yelling ball don't lie when they miss free throws off of questionable foul calls.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Father Jack is dead. Feck off, the lot of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I enjoy all of the F&F films (except 2f2f). The originals is laughably bad. Tokyo Drift was over the top and ridiculous but I loved it. Given the start and circumstances they have made a pretty incredible storyline chronologically since TD.

If I remember right there were many people in the chat thread giving accolades to F7 while it was in theaters (myself included).

• Locked thread