Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

It's like that saying about infinite monkeys with typewriters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skelicopter
Feb 19, 2013

More like Prince Alarming
Add my A to the pile.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

*Signs ward against evil*

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Did anyone have any problems with loading images up this time?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Not Me

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Images are appearing just fine, Vorgen.

Well this thread again inspired me to replay BG2, and it turns out my BWP install was buggy as poo poo because I was running the EE version of BG2. My gish was stuck outside Suldanesselar because the Rhyn Lanthorn apparently never spawned anyway. :suicide:

Eh. Running with Korgan, Viconia, Mazzy and Nalia was dull anyway. Optimal, but dull. Holy hell was the de'Arnise romance long-winded. Decent writing but PARAGRAPH PARAGRAPH PARAGRAPH.

I'm unsure if I want to run my lightly modded (mostly NPCs) EE install as a Sorcerer(Dragon Disciple seems neat) or another gish. I usually roll half-elf, elf or human... perhaps a dwarf dual-axe thrower summoner/disabler would work nicely. Too bad Sorcerer multicasting can't work. Too worn out from getting the install to function, guess I'll decide tomorrow. Hope I stick with it this time. I've only run through ToB the single time...literally half a lifetime ago.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
The gently caress is a gish

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

Gish is an old term that was born i believe in 2nd edition. It was a name the Githyanki used for Gith that were Fighter/Mage multiclasses. Over time people started using it for any Fighter/Mages and then in later edition for things that replicate that playstyle.

The 3.5 Duskblade for instance is sometimes refered to as a Gish or a Gish In A Can since its a pu re class that replicates the playstyle.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Vikar Jerome posted:

I've never tried roleplaying as an early 90s alt-rock record but can definitely see the appeal.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Vikar Jerome posted:

Revende is a gish best served cold.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Duskblades look boring as hell. I like being able to test out different spell combos as a wizard anyway. Greater Malison is rather fun for most builds I try out. Follow it up with a hold person or ray of enfeeblement for a melee opponent, silence or feeblemind for mages, or... I dunno, maybe summon a stat drawing monster for a cleric.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

say, how long does it take for a thread to go into the archives? I mean, the point that it gets to "Read-only" and then the point at which it gets to "Can only be read by PREMIUM MEMBERS SPEND :10bux: TO SEE THIS)

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

It only happens for threads that haven't had activity in a really long time. You can see on the oldest page of this forum threads that have their last post on July 1, 2014. They're about to fall into the archives. This thread isn't anywhere that idle.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Fuckin' goddamn Skyrim mod bullshit. Every year this happens to me. I get all excited about Skyrim and install a max amount of mods and then merge them together and install more and more until the game is a buggy, laggy piece of poo poo that I can't even play for an hour before it crashes.

Why do I do this? Why do I go astray when I know Baldur's Gate is the true love of my life...

I'm sorry baby, lets go cast a little wild magic together... you know, like old times...

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

have you considered removing the game from your steam account

because

it's bad

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
4 Years In, We're Finally at Whiterun: Let's Play the Big Tamriel Project

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012
This should interest some of you: http://www.siegeofdragonspear.com/

Release date set for March 31st!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Hot diggity, is that a goblin as a party member? Not bad.

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012
Yep, sporting a new kit and IWD-based sprite! From some comments in their previous twitch streams it seems that the sprite and/or paper doll change according to in-game events and decisions.

I'm looking forward to the expansion. Should be fun!

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Probably going to have to include a balance patch for BG2EE cause of all the xp charname is gonna rack up.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Vorgen posted:

Fuckin' goddamn Skyrim mod bullshit. Every year this happens to me. I get all excited about Skyrim and install a max amount of mods and then merge them together and install more and more until the game is a buggy, laggy piece of poo poo that I can't even play for an hour before it crashes.

Why do I do this? Why do I go astray when I know Baldur's Gate is the true love of my life...

I'm sorry baby, lets go cast a little wild magic together... you know, like old times...

I do this too, then I accidentally fall into a river, then die of hypothermia while trying to light a fire.

If a I could like devote my life to gaming it would be extremely my poo poo, but I got a job and stuff, I don't need to worry about dying because my leather armor got wet.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Welcome to being an adult, friend, it sucks.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

So I've been going through older portions of the thread to get myself in the mood to update more often. I wondered what you guys think are some of the most memorable events from Syvishtar's journey so far? I've got my own, but I'd rather hear it from the thread.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
I think the big stand out for me reading it was the whole loving mass attack on seravok bugging out and making it look like they all had betrayed you. all the attempts at that battle were incredible.

Have you played Siege of Dragonspear yet? I'm finding that is getting my bg fire going again.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I highly enjoy all the color and sex changes. It just keep the thread fresh and interesting as you wrote Syv differently each time something changed due to wild magic yet managed to keep a coherent personality that made real progress.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The appallingly hosed assault on Section or whatever it was called sticks out. What a clusterfuck :allears:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Shugojin posted:

The appallingly hosed assault on Section or whatever it was called sticks out. What a clusterfuck :allears:

was that the one at the FAI with the loving late game bg2 bone golems and spells everywhere? loving madness.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Bunnygeddon is the biggest. Also the battle with Rhialto. And that awful mod with Sir Billybob.

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Slaan posted:

I highly enjoy all the color and sex changes. It just keep the thread fresh and interesting as you wrote Syv differently each time something changed due to wild magic yet managed to keep a coherent personality that made real progress.

I concur. And would also add that I've also really enjoyed most of the way Syv has reacted to the fickle ever changing will of the weave.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
And of course,
As always,
All tomes to Syv.

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014
Definitely getting the book from Rhialto, and the increasingly desperate need to kill Sir Billybob.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Def the bits mentioned already, Rhialto's book, the final Section raid where Kagain (I think?) got bugged and was immune to all damage somehow.

Also the Shar-teel vote wars.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

I've looked things up and tracked down all the times mentioned so far.

Now I'm going to read them all!

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Trin Tragula posted:

"Forward, the Bunny Brigade!"
Was there one dismay'd?
Not though the Owsla knew
Someone had blunder'd
Theirs not to speak a word
Theirs not to be ever heard
Theirs but to obey the nerd
Into the Temple of Death
Hopped the six hundred

Magic to the left of them
Magic to the right of them
Magic in front of them
Volley'd and thunder'd
Magic missile and fireball
The contents of the spellbook all
Into the jaws of Death
Into the books of Jergal
Hopped the six hundred

And in reading, I've re-discovered this wonderful verse.

edit: and this one too!

caleramaen posted:

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Horde.
They have trampled out the temple where Syv's spells are all restored.
They have loosed the fateful fireballs and stopped Sarevok's chill sword.
Their truth is hopping on.

Glory, glory Hallelujah!
Glory, glory Hallelujah!
Glory, glory hallelujah!
Their truth is hopping on!

Trin Tragula posted:

Flash'd as Sarevok stared
Flash'd their fire through the air
Killing his minions there,
Charging an army, while
All the thread wondered:
Plunged in the Cloudkill-smoke
Right through the line they broke;
Tazok and Angelo
Burn'd by the fire's cloak
Cook'd and roast'd.
Then they hopped back, but not
Not the six hundred.

Magic to the right of them
Magic to the left of them
Magic in front of them
Volley'd and thunder'd
Magic missile and fireball
And Sarevok's rage withal
None that had fought so well
Came from the jaws of Death
None escaped the books of Jergal,
None was left of them,
Left of six hundred.

When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!
All the thread wondered.
Honour the charge they made,
Honour the Bunny Brigade,
Noble six hundred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGyQmH9NZcw

:patriot:

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Apr 4, 2016

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
All the above - for some reason Section was the first thing to pop into my mind - but let's not forget also the Shart-Eel voting wars.

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Those songs really make me wish the LP had it's own special NPC/Companion. Someone who witnessed Syv in action and was so traumatised by the experience that they decided that Syv was the prophet of the Weave and that their calling from now on would be to follow Syv around as his/her disciple and chronicler. Randomly proselyting the common folk as the party walks by, singing hymns of Syvs great deeds and generally letting people know to trust in the Will of the Weave and extolling the virtues of Rabbits to random passers by due to their spirits going on to form the Leporidae Chorus and the Will of the Weave made manifest in righteous, and somewhat fluffy, destruction!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

BwenGun posted:

Those songs really make me wish the LP had it's own special NPC/Companion. Someone who witnessed Syv in action and was so traumatised by the experience that they decided that Syv was the prophet of the Weave and that their calling from now on would be to follow Syv around as his/her disciple and chronicler. Randomly proselyting the common folk as the party walks by, singing hymns of Syvs great deeds and generally letting people know to trust in the Will of the Weave and extolling the virtues of Rabbits to random passers by due to their spirits going on to form the Leporidae Chorus and the Will of the Weave made manifest in righteous, and somewhat fluffy, destruction!

It does. It's us, within Syv's head.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Some kind of insane, prophetic bard we pick up in spellhold? Be the change you wish to see!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
All of those are great moments. The moment where everyone bugged out and attacked the PC stands out the most though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I'd say the most standout part for me was Syv losing his mind and getting paranoid as gently caress upon the big Baal reveal.

I'm not sure if I want to try out Dragonspear yet. Beamdog's NPCs in the EEs were rather flat.

• Locked thread