Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Jamwad Hilder posted:

sorry about last week in HHL, Veskit. Pretty crazy how much of a lead you have on everyone though that you're still first.

edit: I spanked someone in LSL too. Good week for me, in the world of fantasy hockey.

Yeah, that was me, and I had won 10 straight matchups, too. Nice work.

With Jake Allen on IR the wheels are going to fall off for my team. I don't even know how I'm going to make the three start minimum with Greiss not getting all the starts now that Halak is healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I'm like the rear end end of the LSL peloton right now, which I guess at least means if I string some good weeks together I could even finish in the middles of the league

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Yeah I got whooped one week but that's ok. I have to assume my team will cool down at some point because I still don't understand what is happening.

Though I did expect better from Rinne.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I regret not taking you up on that Kessel for Sedin trade a few months ago. Hot dog boy has been a big disappointment.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Everytime I drop Bernier, he picks up a little steam, then I add him again, and he goes to dog poo poo. When will I learn?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
This was me with Reto Berra for the first two months of the season

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
my HHL team, which was in last place going in to week 7, has managed to claw it's way up to 8th place and a playoff seed. Can they finish the journey and go all the way from worst to first in the next five weeks? stay tuned...

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Rinne really needs to get his poo poo together for me to win this I can float my way all the way into the playoffs but I need him to kick it up come crunch time.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Veskit posted:

Rinne really needs to get his poo poo together for me to win this I can float my way all the way into the playoffs but I need him to kick it up come crunch time.

Could be worse, Mike Smith has basically ended all my wild card chances by being dead all season

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

jonathan bernier mike condon michael neuvirth ben scrivens is gonna save me from failure in LSL

somehow i'm in 4th in LOLHL and i don't even understand it

e: getting my league acronyms all confused

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Vicas posted:

Could be worse, Mike Smith has basically ended all my wild card chances by being dead all season

Yeah but that's your fault for expecting something from Mike Smith, and injuries sorta happen. RINNE IS A loving .904 SAVE % what the gently caress.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Veskit posted:

Yeah but that's your fault for expecting something from Mike Smith, and injuries sorta happen. RINNE IS A loving .904 SAVE % what the gently caress.

i wasn't expecting save percentage, just saves, and he was delivering fairly well

granted I'd be in like 9th-10th vs 14th so it's not like this ended everything

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
My BMC and HHL teams have a good shot at doing something, but my LSL and LOL are definitely going out in the first round if they somehow hold on to these playoff spots.

My Bettman team is probably the best team I've had in any league since that LOL team a few years back that won like 16 regular season games in a row then choked in the first round:

e: Anyone have a solid D they'd be willing to move for Tyler Johnson in the HHL?

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 8, 2016

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Aye Doc posted:

jonathan bernier mike condon michael neuvirth ben scrivens is gonna save me from failure in LSL

somehow i'm in 4th in LOLHL and i don't even understand it

e: getting my league acronyms all confused

I thought you were going to be the team to beat going into this year in LOLHL. Whoever is Filet refuses to let me take the top spot though. I'm guessing it's RC Cola.

Boy Wunder
Dec 2, 2000

I just have to vent about some hilarious poo poo that went down today in my Yahoo H2H categories league with a bunch of dudes I went to high school with. Early in January, a manager who hadn't been setting his line up for months and had no shot at the playoffs traded Pavelski and Markov to a fringe playoff team for Turris and Chara, and then promptly dropped Turris, making the deal Pavelski and Chara for Markov. Naturally, a bunch of use cried foul, and the manager on the receiving end went Lance Armstrong on us, accusing us of being "butthurt fags" with "sand in our vaginas" who were jealous because we didn't get in on the great deal. Earlier this week, the same two teams had another trade blocked by the commish and the manager who got Pavelski was raging at us in the chat, but he hilariously hosed up when he replied in the chat on the inactive manager's account. I've never seen a guy go from talking so much poo poo to grovelling for mercy so quickly.

waxluthor
May 28, 2003

Technetium posted:

I thought you were going to be the team to beat going into this year in LOLHL. Whoever is Filet refuses to let me take the top spot though. I'm guessing it's RC Cola.

That would be me. 11-0 again last week. :smuggo:

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

waxluthor posted:

That would be me. 11-0 again last week. :smuggo:

I even went 9-1-1 last week.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I can't decide what to do with Hellebuyck on my HHL team. On the one hand, he's a waste of a roster spot right now and I could conceivably be using that on a useful player who could help me make the playoffs since I'm on the bubble.

On the other hand, I picked him up off of waivers and therefore he would be extremely inexpensive to keep. That seems like a smart play considering he'll most likely be getting regular backup, if not starting time, in Winnipeg next year. He might also not be done this year, depending on how the trade deadline/injuries shake out. My goaltending will survive without him (Luongo+Crawford whatuppp) and maybe my team wins enough to make the playoffs/do well anyway.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm in a keeper league with Gibson and Vasilevskiy around the 18th and 19th rounds (of 25) and Lehner as a free agent (round 15), so I'm currently carrying 6 loving goalies because I've got Crawford and no one wants to trade for Elliot or Neuvirth. It's annoying, but then again, I get like 200+ saves a week and a pretty good GAA/SV%. I won all the goalie cats a few weeks ago with something like a 8/1.90/300/.930/2 line

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I can't decide what to do with Hellebuyck on my HHL team. On the one hand, he's a waste of a roster spot right now and I could conceivably be using that on a useful player who could help me make the playoffs since I'm on the bubble.

On the other hand, I picked him up off of waivers and therefore he would be extremely inexpensive to keep. That seems like a smart play considering he'll most likely be getting regular backup, if not starting time, in Winnipeg next year. He might also not be done this year, depending on how the trade deadline/injuries shake out. My goaltending will survive without him (Luongo+Crawford whatuppp) and maybe my team wins enough to make the playoffs/do well anyway.

Why not try and trade him for some immediate help to some loser team who wants a cheap keeper?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jamwad Hilder posted:

This is a keeper right?

Obviously it depends on how highly goalies are valued, but in a keeper I'm in (12 guys, keep 12, salary cap) Hellebucyk was picked in the second round and there were multiple guys who were pissed they didn't jump on him.

He's going to be really good.

In this same keeper I picked up Mrazek two years ago and kept him the whole way. He's one part of the reason I'm wrecking the goalie categories this year and went from last to second.

A waiver roster spot is rarely the difference between winning and losing your league, but a top tier goalie might be.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

T-Bone posted:

Why not try and trade him for some immediate help to some loser team who wants a cheap keeper?

The loser teams don't have very many good players, and also my team is a borderline "loser team"

Jordan7hm posted:

This is a keeper right?

Obviously it depends on how highly goalies are valued, but in a keeper I'm in (12 guys, keep 12, salary cap) Hellebucyk was picked in the second round and there were multiple guys who were pissed they didn't jump on him.

He's going to be really good.

In this same keeper I picked up Mrazek two years ago and kept him the whole way. He's one part of the reason I'm wrecking the goalie categories this year and went from last to second.

A waiver roster spot is rarely the difference between winning and losing your league, but a top tier goalie might be.

It is a keeper league, 16 teams, each team can keep up to 4 players. No player can be kept for more than 3 consecutive years. It sounds like your league is a little more cutthroat since you can keep way more players, presumably for longer, but the way HHL is set up, having keepers who are cheap/young/good is still critical because it allows you to blow more money in the auction draft.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 16, 2016

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I should go view your team again I'm still considering dumping daniel sedin or Vanek. Though Vanek is a huge gamble I dunno if you're willing to take.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Veskit posted:

I should go view your team again I'm still considering dumping daniel sedin or Vanek. Though Vanek is a huge gamble I dunno if you're willing to take.

I don't know that I need anything. Kind of lacking in the PIM/Faceoffs/Hits/Blocks department, I suppose, but I can do without it. I basically built my team to win offense every week and hopefully do ok at the other stuff. When it works there are some hilarious results but when I lose...also hilarious results, not in my favor.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 17, 2016

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I may be looking to deal Patty Kane soon, especially if I lose again this week. I may dangle Toews and Hall, as well.

The only keepers I have are Allen/Lehner (one or maybe both of them), Bennett/Reinhart (may end up keeping both, but for right now, I am leaning towards only keeping one), and Simmonds (can't remember if he's ineligible to be kept after this season).

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Twin Cinema posted:

I may be looking to deal Patty Kane soon, especially if I lose again this week. I may dangle Toews and Hall, as well.

The only keepers I have are Allen/Lehner (one or maybe both of them), Bennett/Reinhart (may end up keeping both, but for right now, I am leaning towards only keeping one), and Simmonds (can't remember if he's ineligible to be kept after this season).

Let me know if you do. I might be willing to do something around Panarin if that interests you. I need G/SOG.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The loser teams don't have very many good players, and also my team is a borderline "loser team"

Do what the Islanders would do. Everything on the farm for Ryan Smyth.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

As the owner of the team that isn't going to make the playoffs with both Seguin and Crosby (and Tarasenko, though I'm keeping him) I would probably be interested in selling one of them.

Considering I've got potentially solid keepers in Huberdeau at $30, Tarasenko at $36, probably Mark Stone at $2, and possibly Nathan Mackinnon at $62 (e: or Duclair at $1), I'm not sure whether I'd want to keep anyone else, though.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 17, 2016

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I've got a 1st year Brad Marchant for $21 dollars to trade for a good player.

I"M SELLING THE FARM THIS YEAR

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Well, Steen's dead so there goes my season in LSL. I'll just put him on IR and replace him withhhhh

Brad Boyes? Darren Helm? Hooooo boy

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

Any HHL goons want to sell me a goalie? lol Price murdered me. Suppose I should sell off some stars for potential keepers too.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I don't even know what the hell I want to do in the hockiest. Inexplicably my team is in the playoffs. That's surprising to me. I do dominate with grit and my goaltending is solid, but my offense is not inspiring to say the least.

I expected this to be an off year and was prepared to deal but now that I'm in it I guess I better go for it.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Giroux, Steen, and Mike Smith of all People are all dead, what a world

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Good news for my LSL team, once Jake Allen got healthy Brian Elliott exploded removing his only obstacle to playing time.

Him and Joonas Korpisalo are going to carry me to a championship! :shepface:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

this time, marko dano will reward me in LSL!

- the words of a stupid idiot

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Made a huge series of trades in my one limited keeper salary cap league. I'm sitting at second right now but also looking to the future.

Moved:

Elias Lindholm, Victor Rask, Mikka Rantanen, 2nd round pick (low because I'll finish high), Joonas Korpisalo, 12th round pick in 2017.

Got:
1st that should be about 9th overall, Hampus Lindholm, Ristolainen, Gallagher, 11th, FAP (we have limited free agent pickups)

Also dropped Goligosky and grabbed Kapanen with the FAP.

I think I might have locked myself into the second spot, and I love my D (i also have Barrie and Buff) going forward.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

I'm going for it in HHL, I guess.

If anyone wants to throw a goalie my way, I might still have a good keeper or two (e: having taken a look at my roster, two might be a bit generous) to divest myself of.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 1, 2016

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I have Luongo and Crawford, and I don't know if I'm going to make the playoffs so I might trade either. On the other hand I think my keepers for next year are already decided and you're also trading the only two guys I'm mildly interested in.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

When's the trade deadline in HHL? I may have to make some serious deals if they're at all possible.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I traded Hall and Toews for Barkov and Nylander. I was too slow in nabbing Nylander yesterday morning (stupid work!), but I figure I'd take a chance on him for two guys that I wasn't going to keep at the end of the year. Also, I am super high on Barkov.

Sorry to the dude who I offered Kane for Eichel. I didn't realize how expensive Eichel was when I first offered the deal, and I don't even know if I'd keep him next year for that price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Twin Cinema posted:

I traded Hall and Toews for Barkov and Nylander. I was too slow in nabbing Nylander yesterday morning (stupid work!), but I figure I'd take a chance on him for two guys that I wasn't going to keep at the end of the year. Also, I am super high on Barkov.

Haha, figured he'd be a good keeper option once his call up was announced. Luckily, my office is super lax when it comes to me loving around.

I am nervous about Barkov, though, I really liked him as a keeper.

But there are no keepers where I'm heading. :cool:

It's a first round exit. I am headed to a first round exit.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 1, 2016

• Locked thread