Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I once had a light gun game for the playstation and me and my buddies stood a safe distance from the light gun and looked at each other with a nervous respect for each other and an understanding that war solves nothing.
20 years later we are still stood here, the cease fire continues, the light gun remains untouched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ostentatious posted:

I said the same thing abut the Doom pistol, but I actually wanted to negotiate with the demons that invaded and potentially reach a peaceful resolution

What good is the chainsaw if not to cut a gordian knot?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i really enjoyed the latest Wolfenstein where BJ rationally discusses his political differences with general deathshead while j hendrix strummed a soothing, perfectly logical acoustic ballad in the corner

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Madcosby posted:

"anyone want to join my crew on an idris?"

"to do what?"

"i dunno... move the soda machine"

STAR CITIZEN

I would play if the soda machine did this to "Captain" B'Tak.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ostentatious posted:

I said the same thing abut the Doom pistol, but I actually wanted to negotiate with the demons that invaded and potentially reach a peaceful resolution

I wanted to invite the Cacodemons into my hanger to look at my Flair, take a little tour in my buggy, and sip some sweet cocktails. Instead the bastards just griefed me

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
Any bets that CR will stealth reveal something disappointing during today's 10FTC?

I'm hoping for at least an ambiguous reference to a promised feature's inclusion/completion

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

While we are on the subject of crowdfunded bullshit. Check out this Hipster wankery..

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/prepd-pack-the-lunchbox-reimagined#/

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Judging by the reams and reams of words he writes about it I think B'Tak is sexually aroused by the thought of jpegs in danger. It's not the strangest fantasy in the verse by a long shot

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Plural Abysss posted:

Any bets that CR will stealth reveal something disappointing during today's 10FTC?

I'm hoping for at least an ambiguous reference to a promised feature's inclusion/completion

My best guess is that this will be the most vanilla, non-committal 10FTC we've seen yet. I think with last time's Star Marine fallout, Chairgate, Donutgate, etc. and that we know for a fact CIG is tracking what we say in this thread - eventually even someone like Chris will get it through his skull that he needs to keep a low profile for a while. We're gonna get questions and answers about things like clothes, a new wave of ships, something about mining, etc. - all the usual bullshit attempting to "flesh out" game systems that don't exist in any form, never have, and likely never will.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

smellmycheese posted:

While we are on the subject of crowdfunded bullshit. Check out this Hipster wankery..

$1,518,254

Ahahaha!

My super-advanced last-century lunchbox somehow keeps my food warm :iiam: but now I can get a cold lunch and look even more like a dweeb anywhere!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Plural Abysss posted:

they have nothing to reveal. i'd err more on the side of a stealth cut or rollback. as scruffpuff says, they're reaping the PR fruits of loving with people's spaceships, and reading this thread.

that said, if any nightmare was going to get more hectic, i'm betting that it's the complete and total debacle that is CIG's star citizen, so who knows! i have expected ongoing disappointment from them and they have surpassed all expectations

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I hope this weeks 10ftc is just a short video of CR getting on a plane for a non-extradition country. Before he steps on to the plane he turns around and mouths "LOL" to his legions of nerds.

Star citizen is about dreams right? Well, that is mine.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

SC is now a point and click adventure game

We had to change development since the GOONS wanted the game out in 2016.

Sorry guys, but you can still use your ship as a background jpeg for an additional $37 dollars (REG $49.99) for a limited time.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

trucutru posted:

$1,518,254

Ahahaha!

My super-advanced last-century lunchbox somehow keeps my food warm :iiam: but now I can get a cold lunch and look even more like a dweeb anywhere!

Im looking for a bento box, it cant be pinku (thats japanese for pink) or any girl color. It has to be of 2 or more kotoba (thats japanese for 2 compartments) and has be be chibi (small) sized. And has to be really kawaii (cute). Also It has to be about 10-20 bux. And you have to post pics of it first (i want to make shure it's kawaii [cute]). And it would be nice if it came with matching chopstick holder (WITH chopsticks). OH! and it CANNOT have any cartoon pictures, or be made out of plastic. It has to be made of ceramic, or something like that. Also it would be nice if it was made in japan. and not in china or corea (korea) or whatever. I have found a bento box similar to the one im describing in e-bay, but it was 1 kotoba, and i dont want my gohan (rice) to touch my other things (it can get wet and i would not like that, plus 2 compartments looks more kawaii)

Also dropping letters+the last vowel in a word is how you know it's cool and hip, designed for those millennial 'hep' cats' who are really 'in the know' and 'on the button' and 'twenty-three skiddoo' and 'hot diggedy'.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Hey, you're back. I've been meaning to track you down and ask about getting into the Elite group, now that I think I might actually keep playing it.

PGS Thread. Having something to do is actually a hell of a thing, particularly when there are measurable results in saltmining.

I've said too much.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Fried Watermelon posted:

SC is now a point and click adventure game

We had to change development since the GOONS wanted the game out in 2016.

Sorry guys, but you can still use your ship as a background jpeg for an additional $37 dollars (REG $49.99) for a limited time.

How much for a background to fit my four 4k monitors array

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Dante80 posted:

The plan was for a hundred systems at release, with 3-4 landing zones on each or so. About 400 in total.

Good luck.

Hahha, can you imagine? In 7 or 8 years (assuming this is all real) they introduce landing zone 128 on star xyz after working on it for 7-8 months. You fly over and land.

"ooohhh ahhhhh" you say, maybe spend a few UEE on a drink in the bar. Then you fly away and wait until next summer for landing zone 129.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

smellmycheese posted:

That would actually be a cool present for someone you don't like very much

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

smellmycheese posted:

hate to break it to these guys but the lunchbox of 900 years from now is the giant greasy paper bag

Happy Sisyphus fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 29, 2016

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

tooterfish posted:

Fashion in the Culture extended way past clothes though, and into massive alterations of body type.

Banks even mentions periods where the people went around as floating gasbags for a while, or cohesive smoke. Because why the gently caress not?

I loving loved the affront. They seemed entirely believable as a race, being a bunch of warlike assholes that were incredibly proud of it and resistant to change.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ZenMaster posted:

Hahha, can you imagine? In 7 or 8 years (assuming this is all real) they introduce landing zone 128 on star xyz after working on it for 7-8 months. You fly over and land.

"ooohhh ahhhhh" you say, maybe spend a few UEE on a drink in the bar. Then you fly away and wait until next summer for landing zone 129.

Do they even pretend to work on this poo poo? I mean the narrative is they're working to ship out SQ42 now, but it's not like that story will be finished any year soon

I still can't believe they get away with their "no dates, no priorities, no roadmap, no refunds" poo poo

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

HotsauceShoTYME posted:

Excommunicated from the den of shitizens I come seeking asylum.

BTW folks calling Money a token is an upgrade. This gently caress nugget grinning like a loving idiot every week with that gaudy loving clothing topped off with the cliche wanna be rapper cap, is front runner for coon of the year with Stacy Dash(at least she is fuckable). This fucker sets black folks back 11.5 years every loving time he appears on a show tap dancing for Sandi.

i also like the word gaudy

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

I once had a light gun game for the playstation and me and my buddies stood a safe distance from the light gun and looked at each other with a nervous respect for each other and an understanding that war solves nothing.
20 years later we are still stood here, the cease fire continues, the light gun remains untouched.

Did it have recoil son?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

That would actually be a cool present for someone you don't like very much

If you know a better way to eat cous cous with roasted peppers and stuffed vine leaves I'd like to hear it :colbert:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

Did it have recoil son?

No one will ever know

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i just got elite: dangerous arena but i havent played a space flying game since Rogue Squadron on the Gamecube

is it any good

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ostentatious posted:

i just got elite: dangerous arena but i havent played a space flying game since Rogue Squadron on the Gamecube

is it any good

It really depends on your definition of good. It is really well made, the graphics are nice, the sound design is outstanding, the universe is huge.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Hey y'all, trying out different weekly update formats for Solar Plebeian. Let me know how this one works for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOKq_4RaVVY

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Toops posted:

Hey y'all, trying out different weekly update formats for Solar Plebeian. Let me know how this one works for you.

You rescued to red bird! You are the bestest plebe!

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Meanwhile, I'm playing Elite, where I'm currently flying through completely unexplored systems on my way to the galactic core, thousands of lightyears from the few-hundred systems humanity actually inhabits. I can on a planet right now and drive a rover around it, getting credit for my exploration data.

This is a small corner of a game than can be played right now, as opposed to Star Citizen, which won't be as playable as this until 2020.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Toops posted:

Amazing.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Toops posted:

Excellent work commando. Loved the music, and the drop timed perfect with the IMMERSION BREAKER. Truly open development. o9

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Toops posted:

#iamplebe #thankyouforbeplebing

WTFish
May 4, 2009

Me too Commando. Only took me 3 months.

So, has anyone said Shart Shitizen yet?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ostentatious posted:

i just wanted the demons to win, but the video games always have to do that "happy-or-at-least-bittersweet ending" poo poo.

at least chrono trigger had some game over scenarios where you could watch the world get hosed

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

WTFish posted:

Me too Commando. Only took me 3 months.

So, has anyone said Shart Shitizen yet?

You'll have to go through the last 3 or 4 threads post by post to check but I'm pretty sure they have.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Toops posted:

okay this is by far the best thing to come out of the entire star citizen debacle

at first i was just smiling real big thinking "holy poo poo so solar plebian is going to be a real game haha" and then i saw the space whale and wept tears of solid gold

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

boethius posted:

Excellent work commando. Loved the music, and the drop timed perfect with the IMMERSION BREAKER. Truly open development. o9

Thanks Commando! The song is Rebound by Arty and Matt Zo. I'm pretty fussy when it comes to EDM, but that tune always gets my hairs prickled. I should credit the song on the vid, but I'm afraid youtube will get all triggered and pull the audio.

I had to do some work in my audio editing sw to time it just right, but well worth I think. Glad you appreciated that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Toops posted:

This is amazing and also because it is Unity, VR is really easy to implement so you'll beat them to that too :v:

• Locked thread