Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

L_Harrison posted:

Mr. Trump grins at the crowd, a total packed house. With a firm grim on Ryan Newman's shoulder, he leans over and whispers into his ear, "I'll blow this moon landing business wide open. It's gonna be huge, I tell you. The public will know the truth once and for all."

This seems frighteningly accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
we live in a simulation, I'm loving convinced of it

like so bad that I might cancel my Rift preorder for fear that if I jack in like that the program will end

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I want Dale Jr to public endorse Bernie Sanders because then the world will literally end

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I guess this is how you can gloss over ratings for race #2 being down 29% from 2015.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
it was at least 29% better than 2015, too

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

France and company can gently caress right the gently caress off, I'll take no part in this. NASCAR will never, ever shake their redneck image now.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
They will when NASCAR is no more in the next ~10 years.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
if i was hillary (or bernie, but i alas doubt that he's going to be standing for much longer) i'd try to buy ad-time on the 24 or 31 car and see what happens: either you end up getting your money returned or you end up with an A+ troll that we'd all approve of

seriously from a business perspective this seems like the worst thing that you could do: it certainly doesn't do anything to challenge the public perception of nascar which, at least for drivers, is rather outdated. i'd be saying this regardless of who the guy endorsed though; whoever it was there'd be lots of people who'd get annoyed and that's not good for a sport that's losing sponsors and which is struggling for attendance and tv audiences at the moment. the guy could have given the guy some money and i don't think that people would care (he's done it loads before, you can have a look here: i'm not an expert on specific american political figures but there seems to be an interesting mix there, not sure if it includes every donation with america's unique political funding system), but actually appearing with the guy is something that's only going to cause more harm than good for nascar and that's something that should probably be his main concern.

A big part of me now hopes that Suarez finds a cup ride and manages to turn into the next jimmie johnson, that'd probably blow some people's minds and it'd be quite funny

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I'm down for Bernie buying a spot on the 10

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Am I too late for an "official presidential candidate of NASCAR " joke?

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Wait, goons are surprised that NASCAR veers hard to the right? I mean, I realize that it seems like 99.9% of SA are incredible lefty sperglords, but how do you not see this?

Sure, go fast turn left beep beep, but what do you think you are watching?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

theacox posted:

Wait, goons are surprised that NASCAR veers hard to the right? I mean, I realize that it seems like 99.9% of SA are incredible lefty sperglords, but how do you not see this?

I'm not surprised at all, I'd just rather live without being directly confronted with it. I hate myself enough for liking NASCAR already.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

theacox posted:

It's funny because they've been trying to project a media-friendly progressive image at the same time.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Alain Post posted:

It's funny because they've been trying to project a media-friendly progressive image at the same time.

Pretty much this.

Also remember when camping world didn't want the truck series banquet to be in a trump owned hotel? Just saying.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

theacox posted:

Wait, goons are surprised that NASCAR veers hard to the right?

not in February

maybe in June

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
How is Trump so popular with rednecks? Incest?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Ahahaha get hosed

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
AHahahaha poor Blaney

https://twitter.com/Blaney/status/704457034842779648

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Lmao I forgot about the Trump tower thing. That makes this even funnier.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

keevo posted:

Lmao I forgot about the Trump tower thing. That makes this even funnier.

That was cause the camping world guy complained and he's pissed on twitter now. It's great. Burn it all down.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Brian France donated $2,700 to Carly Fiorina, $2,700 to Jeb Bush and $50,000 to a Jeb Bush SuperPAC earlier this month. Everything else he touches has turned to poo poo so maybe he can turn the Trump train around too.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

theacox posted:

Trump isn't a conservative. He's a jackass.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

gret posted:

Trump isn't a conservative. He's a jackass.

Yes. A Tea Party candidate.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

mearn posted:

Brian France donated $2,700 to Carly Fiorina, $2,700 to Jeb Bush and $50,000 to a Jeb Bush SuperPAC earlier this month. Everything else he touches has turned to poo poo so maybe he can turn the Trump train around too.

If stumping the Trump is Brian France funding him then that'll be amazing. Also I like how they ditched Trump months ago and now kissing his boots. Sad to see the Elliott's endorse him though, not Newman but more of course he would. I'd die laughing if Gordon endorsed Hillary.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

theacox posted:

I find it hilarious that the guy running a "sport" that relies on the biggest company's in the world for sponsorship to keep it running would go out in public with his support for Trump.

The drivers are just as dumb Napa is a major sponsor for team Mexico in soccer. If people in Mexico start protesting etc etc who do you think they are going to side with, the most popular sport in the world or a sport where the ratings are lower than Trump's favorable ratings.

Winkie01 fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 1, 2016

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Winkie01 posted:

I find it hilarious that the guy running a "sport" that relies on the biggest company's in the world for sponsorship to keep it running would go out in public with his support for Trump.

I don't understand. You find it hilarious that the guy running a sport that relies on the biggest companies in the world for sponsorship to keep it running would position himself with the leading political candidate that will probably cover his business's best interests?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Also fyi trump called Brian France a smart man and a winner.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I wonder how the people involved with the NASCAR Mexico series feel about this. There might be some interesting repercussions from this.

(oh who am I kidding, nothing will happen)

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
If they followed the money(?) it would be the OXXO 350 presented by Banamex.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

L_Harrison posted:

I wonder how the people involved with the NASCAR Mexico series feel about this. There might be some interesting repercussions from this.

(oh who am I kidding, nothing will happen)

Brian France is on-board with making Mexicans build a wall of tires surrounding the track to keep the Mexicans out.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I've been on an airplane for the last hour and a half and wondered what was up with 33 new posts.

"NASCAR: where everything, at our discretion and interpretation, that appears to be racist or bigoted toward anyone is a bannable offense.

Except those dirty Mexicans and filthy Syrian refugees, all of whom are certain to be terrorists."

Is this a tree Brian France really wants to be barking up, or is he just that drat stupid? I am fully aware I'm speaking of the sport whose most pivotal moment involved the fist fighting drivers each receiving probations and fines for shooting NASCAR into America's conscious, but really?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 1, 2016

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

IceAgeComing posted:

seriously from a business perspective this seems like the worst thing that you could do: it certainly doesn't do anything to challenge the public perception of nascar which, at least for drivers, is rather outdated. i'd be saying this regardless of who the guy endorsed though; whoever it was there'd be lots of people who'd get annoyed and that's not good for a sport that's losing sponsors and which is struggling for attendance and tv audiences at the moment. the guy could have given the guy some money and i don't think that people would care (he's done it loads before, you can have a look here: i'm not an expert on specific american political figures but there seems to be an interesting mix there, not sure if it includes every donation with america's unique political funding system), but actually appearing with the guy is something that's only going to cause more harm than good for nascar and that's something that should probably be his main concern.

I looked up what France gave to and was confused why my house rep (Norm Dicks) got a donation from him. I just remembered NASCAR wanted a track here and that donation was in 2005 which corresponds to the time when that interest was piquing. Definitely see all the contributions to the more powerful politicians where tracks are like Debbie Wasserman Schultz and etc... Did laugh he also donated to Marco on top of Jeb, Carly, and now Trump endorsement. But I agree it sounds super stupid that you'd endorse the candidate which one of your title sponsors CEO really hates and all but asking him to say gently caress you I'm out and having to find 2 title sponsors in a time where it's hard to find sponsors.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I searched France on that website and the question becomes who hasn't he donated to?

What is Speed PAC? And I'd lay down money him supporting Schumer and any other New York politician had to do with the failed Staten Island project.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Imagine the fuckfest once Trump runs as a 3rd party candidate, with all the shilling the France family has down for the Republican party :getin:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

I searched France on that website and the question becomes who hasn't he donated to?

What is Speed PAC? And I'd lay down money him supporting Schumer and any other New York politician had to do with the failed Staten Island project.

It's a PAC with a registered address of a PO Box in Daytona Beach, Florida. The treasurer and custodian is the general counsel of some company called "International Speedway Corporation".

:iiam:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

You're not supposed to bet on all the horses Brian.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Just look at this scattershot donations:

I mean, there's Charlotte, NC, Richmond, VA, New Hampshire, the House Speaker of the NY Assembly, Iowa...

ed:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/marcuslemonis/status/704467027843489792

This is Camping World's CEO, for those who don't know.

How long is their sponsorship deal, again?

ayn rand hand job posted:

It's a PAC with a registered address of a PO Box in Daytona Beach, Florida. The treasurer and custodian is the general counsel of some company called "International Speedway Corporation".

:iiam:

To be honest, I didn't figure he was behind it.

Possibly Chicken posted:

You're not supposed to bet on all the horses Brian.

"But if I bet on them all, I'm guaranteed to win!" :downs:

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

He's funded within 5 years Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell. Funded both DSCC and NRCC. Seems like he wants to be a winner so bets on all of em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Not one thing about this surprises me. Trump's in the news more than just about anything and Brian just wants more exposure for himself and the brand. If any other candidate from either party had nearly as much TV time, I'm sure he'd be with that person instead.

I mean, come on, the old man brought Bill Clinton to the Southern 500 during the 1992 campaign trail - two months after Bush Sr. went to Daytona.

• Locked thread