Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
The best flight in the world was on a C-17 with about 20 other people and room to just lay out anywhere. Wait scratch that, the civvie flight on the way home after that with like 10 people left after the rest stopped off on the east cost was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
the flight from korea where some random chick gave me a huge bar of xanax and I drank like 5 highballs of rum and blacked out for 3 days is my favorite flight so far

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Packed like sardines in a C-130 from Kandahar to Kuwait. :suicide:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
On my Iraq deployment we had our own C-17 for a couple dozen guys and our ISU-90's. Worked out perfectly to about a rack-sized space of deck per person. Best way to spend a 20 hour freezing cold deafening flight, imo

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Pooping out of a CH-58 in to the Pacific Ocean has been my flying higlight

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
trying to get my grill to light. Its dark and like 40 degrees out but god drat it I want a steak. Hopefully I have enough gas in one of my tanks to get it to get me a nice rare.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Mad max is cleaning house at the Oscars, they deserve it, too

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Flying used to be something to look forward to. It was an occasion.

I got to see a 747 flight deck on a trip to Sicily when I was a little Holly Bloopers. That was so cool. Pilot gave me plastic wings too.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I was pretty fortunate on my trip out to Japan. The guy at the service counter is from the same area I am stationed now. He told me to tell the worker at the gate that I knew him and to hook my family up. I almost didn't say anything since I felt like a douche and half the flight were working this girl for free upgrades. I am glad I finally said something though because the woman gave me and my family business class seats for the trip from LAX to Tokyo. Big seats with plenty of legroom and our own tvs/tablet things in each seat back was pretty drat sweet. Making that flight coach is loving miserable.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
For the fourteen hour flight to Korea I got the emergency exit seat. In exchange for listening to a five minute speech and reading a little directions plate I got to have more leg room in front of me than I could cover fully stretched out. I swear the whole row could feel the hate stares boring into the backs of our heads from everyone else cramped into normal rows but we all thought it was pretty cool. Leaving at 9 AM and arriving at like 11 AM fourteen hours later really hosed me up though. Rough shape for a few days of adjustment.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

every fight i go on commerically is the worst

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
To/from Korea sucked, which is why I never took leave there. All that goddamn time only to go to/from Seatac. Way back I had 3 connecting flights and it sucked balls all day long getting back to Nashville.

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's
El Paso to Qatar as the only lower enlisted in first class. Only because I skipped the formation where they were going to give me a battalion coin, so they have me a primo seat instead. Blamed my section sergeant for not making sure I was there, didn't answer his frantic calls because I was catching my third movie in a row. Only good army experience in four years. Now I skip all the formations just in case.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

Chris Evans's 'control freak' and 'dictatorial behaviour' on Top Gear reportedly forced the new producer to quit and led to the delay of the relaunch.
It has also been claimed that he questioned the idea of having former Friends star Matt Le Blanc on the show.
The new production was thrown into a 'certain amount of disarray' after the show's executive producer Lisa Clark in December.
Today, it has emerged that Clark, felt her position had become untenable after warning Evans that filming on the series was behind schedule.
A source told The Sun: 'Evans didn't normally turn up to a lot of meetings, but at this one he said he had completed some footage with Jenson Button.
'Lisa replied, "Yes but we need to make more than 30 films. It's not enough". He shot her a look for undermining him and she was soon gone.'
She was hired following the departure of Andy Wilman, who will join the old Top Gear presenting line-up of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May on their new Amazon motoring show.
In a statement announcing her departure in December, she said: 'After an extremely busy five months I am moving on from Top Gear to new projects which I will be announcing in the new year.
'I'd like to wish production all the very best with the show.'
At the time, a BBC statement said: 'We'd like to thank Lisa for all her incredible work over the last five months readying new Top Gear for its busy filming schedule in 2016 and planned return in May.'

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Chris Evans has no business running a motoring show. At best he could be a Hammond- sidekick constantly mocked for daytime television appearances.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lol new top gear UK is going to be loving garbo. It wasn't the show that captured the audiences, if I wanted car facts I would go to youtube. It was the charisma and utter zaniness of the trio of Hammond, May and Clarkson on stage and during their review spots that brought viewers in.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Seriously. I'm not really into cars and really don't know jack poo poo about them. I just loving love watching Clarkson, May, and Hammond being a bunch of dorks doing funny/cool poo poo and talking.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Landed an interview this week at a highly-regarded ad agency. That was a fantastic email to receive this morning.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

May and Hammond joining up with Clarkson was all I needed to know that the producer was asking for it. May at least isn't hard up got cash and carries plenty of shows on his own, he doesn't need to stick with Clarkson if he truly is an insufferable rear end in a top hat.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hungry Face-Puncher does have a ring to it though.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
pretty sure every attempt to bring top gear to the states has been poo poo. Didn't they have adam corolla for an attempt once? He should have just kept doing loveline imo.

or well attempting to do any top gear without may clarkson and hammond anyhow.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

pretty sure every attempt to bring top gear to the states has been poo poo. Didn't they have adam corolla for an attempt once? He should have just kept doing loveline imo.

Carolla pitched it but backed out to do a sitcom pilot

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Man these guys suck compared

https://youtu.be/p7WJxYKREtA

But on the other hand...

https://youtu.be/qIruO8iKZsQ

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I couldn't make it a minute through the american version those guys are just insufferable.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

holocaust bloopers posted:

Landed an interview this week at a highly-regarded ad agency. That was a fantastic email to receive this morning.

:hfive:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

holocaust bloopers posted:

Fuckin A, dude.

On that note, Dog Stars was a great read, thanks again

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

Carolla pitched it but backed out to do a sitcom pilot

The ONLY way to make American Top Gear work would require 3 people who are actually friends with actual comedic chemistry outside the show to make. Like Conan O'Brien, Timothy Olyphant and Adam Carolla could probably make an amazing show

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins plus I dunno.

I don't really care what the subject of the show would be about either.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Vasudus posted:

Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins plus I dunno.

Yes Please

https://youtu.be/lr5N0IT3nMg

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Fuckin A, dude.

On that note, Dog Stars was a great read, thanks again

:3:

Dog Stars is super great and very GiP. A dude with a dog, an airplane, and a lady friend. I read Station Eleven last night by Emily St John Mandel, which was very loving good. Both of those books are very similar. I'd grab a copy if you want more Dog Stars-ish readings.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

God drat just ran the amazon report...

Since September 2000, totals were $42k/$29k...at least I appeared to have gotten some great deals...

Most expensive item was my queen size memory foam mattress for $500, and the cheapest was a charging cable for .66.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

nwin posted:

God drat just ran the amazon report...

Since September 2000, totals were $42k/$29k...at least I appeared to have gotten some great deals...

Most expensive item was my queen size memory foam mattress for $500, and the cheapest was a charging cable for .66.

I am too afraid to run any report. I know I spent like 5k just in December on computer parts and Christmas presents for my family.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Yeah I saw a ton of Christmas gifts sent to relatives in there.

I basically use it for everything except groceries so I shouldn't be too surprised.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
holy poo poo man I'm tired of door to door people asking me if i want a quote on a new roof and poo poo, two today.

like maybe they're legit who fuuuuuuuuucking knows but jesus if I wanted a quote I'd call someone

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

holy poo poo man I'm tired of door to door people asking me if i want a quote on a new roof and poo poo, two today.

like maybe they're legit who fuuuuuuuuucking knows but jesus if I wanted a quote I'd call someone
Stop answering your door.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

those dudes are totally loving

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mad Dragon posted:

but what if its for girl scout cookies man

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mad Dragon posted:

Answer your door naked, that makes mormons stop.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Not in Utah it didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Don't you have a peephole or some poo poo in the door so you can check first? I mean don't go exposing kids to nudity but if its a mormon doorknocker or some random dude asking about your roof, go ahead and open the door.

LeadSled posted:

Not in Utah it didn't.

Well you see the problem is you live in Utah, which is the literal mother base of Mormonism. RIP you I guess.

• Locked thread