Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

The Missing Link posted:

ROA is a good item. I'd rather have something else on morgana though. I'll give it a shot the next time I play her mid.

I guess I just think Zhonya's is all the defense I need to get in there and finish my ult.

Catalyst is an awesome laning item when combined with blues

Infinity hp and mana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Lady Naga posted:

Aw is Illaoi bad? I played against her and while I had no idea what her kit did and she got stomped all over she seemed kinda fun :smith:

Illaoi is great at bronze when nobody knows how to handle her. My friend plays her as support consistently well in high silver-low gold.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Talk all the poo poo you want on Mister Yi, he's still one of the best junglers in the game.

Master Yi is not bad at all, even in higher elos.

Bholder posted:

How is that relaxing rather than depressing?

It's all about cultivating your own, personal League zen.

Edit:

Also ROA is really loving good on Morgana, you should buy it every game probably. But I think FQC is a non-buy on midlaners at this point, so maybe it you really want to rush that then you don't get ROA. I don't know, ROA is so efficient it's ridiculous.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 1, 2016

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
I have never gotten RoA on Morgana after season 1. Seriously, that item as not as good as you think it is on her. It's slow as poo poo and not having zhonya's early will get you killed before you can finish your ult.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Koguma posted:

I have never gotten RoA on Morgana after season 1. Seriously, that item as not as good as you think it is on her. It's slow as poo poo and not having zhonya's early will get you killed before you can finish your ult.

The problem with rushing Zhonya's is that you are going to be out of mana constantly during laning phase.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
You are never going to die as morg with a catalyst just sit there and w waves all day all night. It's a very good item. It then upgrades into an every more very good item. Buy it.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Sexpansion posted:

The problem with rushing Zhonya's is that you are going to be out of mana constantly during laning phase.

I go grail/nomicon first usually unless I am against AD. CDR and mana regen is far more important than having just mana and some health. these items are cheaper and translate to a better build overall. you will also finish them earlier during laning and such.

I also use mana regen yellows and and whatever masteries have mana regen.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Koguma posted:

I go grail/nomicon first usually unless I am against AD. CDR and mana regen is far more important than having just mana and some health. these items are cheaper and translate to a better build overall. you will also finish them earlier during laning and such.

I also use mana regen yellows and and whatever masteries have mana regen.

Ah, I see.

I mean, this is what I used to do when playing Morg (minus the mana regen yellows) before I built ROA, it's not bad at all, but I still think ROA is optimal.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Aw is Illaoi bad? I played against her and while I had no idea what her kit did and she got stomped all over she seemed kinda fun :smith:

Illaoi has a bunch of bad matchups because she only really shines when she gets to dictate where a fight happens.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Sexpansion posted:

Bronze is amazing. I actually am really enjoying it, it's relaxing, even when I lose because when I lose, there was often almost no way for me to win.

Also, why is anyone still playing Illaoi?

Silver is roughly the same :smith:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Morg is stupid unfair as support. While she dies easier than Nautilus and brings less CC you bring more damage, range and it's easier to get a good ult on her.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

As Morg support I've been going FQC and Sightstone in whatever order is convenient, ZZRot, CDR Boots, and Banner. How stupid is this?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Morg is stupid unfair as support. While she dies easier than Nautilus and brings less CC you bring more damage, range and it's easier to get a good ult on her.

Nautilus does significantly more damage in lane, his bases are insane. Even after laning phase her damage isn't that great because you max pool last on support. She's good as a counter-pick to Thresh, Blitz and Braum but she's not a particularly good bully support.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

Nautilus does significantly more damage in lane, his bases are insane. Even after laning phase her damage isn't that great because you max pool last on support. She's good as a counter-pick to Thresh, Blitz and Braum but she's not a particularly good bully support.

Really? I found (in my extremely tiny sample size) that the ADC is more likely to go in when you and a Q than when you land an auto with Nautilus. I was maxing QWE and basically acting like an Annie or Lux support. Build path was Sightstone -> FQC -> Zonyha -> something other stuff

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Your job as mid Morgana has not been to walk into a fight and ult+zhonyas since like season two. QW on cooldown and using your ult to follow up on other engage when you're not at risk is a much more effective use of her kit, especially when you can take huge advantage of her pushing strength and safety to deny the opposing mid farm and knock towers down. FQC+RoA+Luci is absolutely core on her with how insanely gold-efficient RoA is right now and how much catalyst helps her do her main job which is pushing hard and constantly.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
You really should listen to Kog about Morgana. It's like one of his best played champs and he is bar none the best midlane goon out there

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Calm posted:

Usually accompanied by a "gg team too heavy" at the end of the game. Also a high probability of accusing team of "being idiots" for fighting 4v5. Ignores that the map space is finite and eventually the enemy team will have the option of engaging a fight.

There are times when the team is too heavy, however. Or at least too loving irritating.

My last game, I got called out by a top Olaf for "not doing enough." I went 22/11/10 with Master Yi, and soloed three dragons, and took a couple of towers (out of the three we took).

Meanwhile, my boy Olaf went 2/9/8.

Should I have used my magically "I'm really plat, I'm just in bronze for the lulz" powers that I don't have to forcibly win that game? Sure.

But at the same time, if you're Olaf, shut the gently caress up about other people not "being with the team in fights" and poo poo like that, and just focus on playing better. When someone has 20 more kills with you, 2 more deaths, and 2 more assists, it's time to focus on your own play, and stop trying to make them the reason you're not doing well. You really may be "too heavy" for anyone that is not playing 3 divisions below where they should be to carry.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

You really should listen to Kog about Morgana. It's like one of his best played champs and he is bar none the best midlane goon out there

Who is Kog?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Koguma.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

More support questions

1. Why is Thresh only at a 48% win rate? I thought he was supposed to be good.

2. What are the advantages to Alistar or Braum over Nautilus?

3. Blitzcrank over Nautilus?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lady Naga posted:

How to counter an Illaoi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ttKJwvFIgw

Arrgytehpirate posted:

More support questions

1. Nerfs for like 2 years and more tanky supports being meta

2. More ability to bodyguard the AD carry and less reliant on hitting Q, more mobile, better in teamfights, tankier

3. In Bronze? Sure, if you can land hooks consistently you'll carry games. If you suck and hit air, well... you'll be okay. This only works until like, gold or something. Once you take him in Plat+ people know how to push waves and dodge skillshots (not always but more often). Low Elo players can't read a Blitz the same way a high Elo player can. Blitz telegraphs his hooks really obviously, but Bronze players are too dumb to notice.

fatal oopsie-daisy fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 1, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

More support questions

Thresh and gotten nerfs and also has a relatively high skill cap due to the fact he is (relatively) squishy and goes in on the enemy so poor Thresh play is a lot more damaging than a lot of other support.

Both of them are better at keeping squishies safe and have somewhat more reliable hard CC in exchange for not making GBS threads out AoE deathwaves every three seconds. Ali is better than Naut at taking tower aggro due to his ult as well and can more reliably get someone off your squishy in a rush.

Blitz pulls the enemy to you instead of pulling you to the enemy and can pull over walls which can be real significant if you get a pick. He also tends to freak out opponents more than Naut does. He's not as effective at high levels since if Blitz misses his grab 90% of his threat is gone.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

AHH FUGH posted:

3. In Bronze? Sure, if you can land hooks consistently you'll carry games. If you suck and hit air, well... you'll be okay. This only works until like, gold or something. Once you take him in Plat+ people know how to push waves and dodge skillshots (not always but more often). Low Elo players can't read a Blitz the same way a high Elo player can. Blitz telegraphs his hooks really obviously, but Bronze players are too dumb to notice.

Support is not my bag so I don't know this from experience, but statistically Blitz seems pretty solid even in higher elos.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
People itt love to just post "bronze are bad i am so much better :smug:" and you are stopping them doing that dude

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Blitz is funny in that in low elo you win through enemy panic and mistakes while higher up you win by exploiting positioning and terrain mechanics to trap people into forks where dodging hook subjects them to your ADC's damage or followup CC or forces out a flash.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

People itt love to just post "bronze are bad i am so much better :smug:" and you are stopping them doing that dude

I am bronze as gently caress and have never claimed otherwise.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't know why but everytime I play dynamic queue, I get really bad teammates. Blinds? No problem

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't know why but everytime I play dynamic queue, I get really bad teammates. Blinds? No problem

I'm on a huge loss streak in Ranked right now, but generally do fine in normals. poo poo happens.

I'm just taking a few days to go into normals exclusively and gently caress around, I'll try ranked again this weekend and hopefully I'll start winning again.

edit: As an aside, how many games do you need to lose to get demoted from S5 back down to B1? Because I've lost like seven games at 0LP in S5 and still haven't gotten demoted; I won a few right after my promo into silver, so I should be long past the "You can't get demoted for a few games after a promotion".

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Yeah by the elo people can reliably dodge hooks that are derp-fired at them the Blitz player should be good enough to abuse terrain and fog of war to force people into flash-or-die situations pretty reliably. He's even played in competitive (rarely) as a niche-pick.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Coca Koala posted:

I'm on a huge loss streak in Ranked right now, but generally do fine in normals. poo poo happens.

I'm just taking a few days to go into normals exclusively and gently caress around, I'll try ranked again this weekend and hopefully I'll start winning again.

edit: As an aside, how many games do you need to lose to get demoted from S5 back down to B1? Because I've lost like seven games at 0LP in S5 and still haven't gotten demoted; I won a few right after my promo into silver, so I should be long past the "You can't get demoted for a few games after a promotion".

Unless something has changed I think you have to drop all the way to 5 elo of the division below you before you get demoted. It's why people who are boosted to gold 5 are always convinced they belong there, because so long as they're not at least bad enough to drop to silver 5 elo they won't get demoted.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

mistaya posted:

Yeah by the elo people can reliably dodge hooks that are derp-fired at them the Blitz player should be good enough to abuse terrain and fog of war to force people into flash-or-die situations pretty reliably. He's even played in competitive (rarely) as a niche-pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8-esvNlIqI

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Thresh's winrate is also low because he's the support that people who don't play support always pick, like Lee Sin or Vayne.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rush hour :ghost:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

The Missing Link posted:

RoA is a bad idea on Morgana. You really want that golden idol to get your ult off. FQC into Zhonya's is the best. Morellos is acceptable though.

you are wrong, RoA is really loving good and an insanely efficient item.

I have more than 100k champion points put into Morgana and I play her often enough to notice this

edit: to elaborate the extra gold generated from the early frost fang will let you rush down the Rod of Ages rather quickly. Furthermore Morgana is probably one of the single best midlane champions to take the Frost Queen active on, and her base W damage lets her clear minion waves quickly with much less AP than any other midlaner so you are not giving up much by going Frost Queen's first.

Zhonya's is also insanely expensive for the stats it gives, part of the reason you would rush Zhonya's last season was because it didn't cost literally 500 more gold just to complete. The active is very nice but not noticeable until much further in the game when enemy carries are likely to vaporize you when you go all in 30 minutes into the game, but early/midgame it is a less necessary pickup.

Morgana's most powerful contribution early-midgame is very powerful picks with dark binding and frost queen's active enhances that so greatly you hamper your ability to effect the rest of the map without it.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 1, 2016

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Talk all the poo poo you want on Mister Yi, he's still one of the best junglers in the game.

he is kinda poo poo right now tbh. not feeling yi every time i play him and i used to play him despite the myriad of complaints goons would throw at me for doing so

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Master Yi is either going to get so fed nobody can do poo poo about it and then branch off into two different playstyles or just start useless and stay there.

A) He thinks he's superman and dives 1v3 over and over until he feeds the other team enough gold to catch back up and make him useless
B) He just splitpushes forever and will win the game for his team despite what everyone else is doing.

That's not a fun playstyle for anyone except for the person playing Master Yi.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i dunno man. his master tier+ winrate is pretty spotty, averaging at around 45%, and of the 25 most recent games on probuilds he won 10. more importantly, he was only picked 10 times in the last month according to probuilds, and tier list aside from personal experience playing with him, playing as him, and playing against him i do not think he is particularly threatening compared to how he used to be and especially compared to actually banworthy junglers. he takes way too long to get going unless you miraculously get fed some how and even if you get fed i would rather be fed on xin zhao/shyvana or something

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 1, 2016

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Master Yi is one of the highest win rate junglers on this patch, but I still wish that anyone who locked him in would have their game client immediately closed and uninstalled.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

pog boyfriend posted:

i dunno man. his master tier+ winrate is pretty spotty, averaging at around 45%, and of the 25 most recent games on probuilds he won 10. more importantly, he was only picked 10 times in the last month according to probuilds, and tier list aside from personal experience playing with him, playing as him, and playing against him i do not think he is particularly threatening compared to how he used to be and especially compared to actually banworthy junglers. he takes way too long to get going unless you miraculously get fed some how and even if you get fed i would rather be fed on xin zhao/shyvana or something
Probuilds is broken, and Master Yi is one of the champions that promotes a "Solo" queue playstyle more than any other. They're almost never going to wait for their own team to engage, they're probably not even going to be at a team fight. The playstyle is splitpush or clean-up and that's not a great style to have on your team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Servaetes posted:

:pervert:

• Locked thread