Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
There's an enormous difference in skill between platinum/diamond and masters/challenger. Lots of champions have great winrates all the way up until masters where they fall off because the players are so incredibly skilled.

If a champion has a good winrate on champion.gg then it's a solid pick at any level of play most people in this thread will be experiencing. If you are challenger then yes, your experience will totally differ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

he is kinda poo poo right now tbh. not feeling yi every time i play him and i used to play him despite the myriad of complaints goons would throw at me for doing so

You're probably playing him wrong, tbh, and falling into the "build AS and crit" trap that most people assume you're supposed to build him like. His good playstyle now is Devourer - Titanic Hydra - tank items and anything else is begging to be food for the enemy team.

Not that he's super good or anything but he isn't bad.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

You're probably playing him wrong, tbh, and falling into the "build AS and crit" trap that most people assume you're supposed to build him like. His good playstyle now is Devourer - Titanic Hydra - tank items and anything else is begging to be food for the enemy team.

Not that he's super good or anything but he isn't bad.

yah probably i did not bother to update my build from way back when

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Devourer's -> Rageblade -> tank seems to be the FOTM build. It allows him to lifesteal a ridiculous amount if he's not CCed during a teamfight.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Lady Naga posted:

Aw is Illaoi bad? I played against her and while I had no idea what her kit did and she got stomped all over she seemed kinda fun :smith:

She's a bruiser who can't bully the real bullies, will gas out before she threatens their tanks, has to build damage to evaporate their squishies, doesn't have CC to protect or peel for your squishies, and needs to survive and get to press multiple buttons a while in a fight to do her thing.

She's also amazingly fun to play, gives you lots of interesting things to think about (do you chase for a second W or grab an E ghost to push your advantage? How far do you extend to punish a vessel? Do you try to set up a perfect CS Q or go for the quick waveclear but lose CS by slapping it down (since she attacks slow enough that just Qing the 6 minions means yours will eat 2 or 3)?), and her success case when she gets ahead is really really satisfying (she can get to the point where you're excited to see the enemy jungler ganking your lane because it's an extra tentacle to murder everyone faster).

I'm a little sad that Void Bringer ends up feeling less cool/impactful than her base skin because the voice modulation muddles up a bunch of her lines and the purple tentacles are less visually satisfying.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

I think you're right that in S5 that start was better, but (I think since you stopped playing much) Grail and Zhonyas both got nerfed pretty hard since then, along with a lot of core AP items, so at the moment RoA is just a much, much more efficient purchase than either. It still allows Morg to maintain her permashove + roam thing mid lane, and the tankiness helps make up for the fact that your Zhonyas will be 500 gold later. FQC is also still decent, but post the nerfs I think it can sometimes be too slow to go that first into RoA, but if you can manage it it's really nice to have.

Personally I've switched to running scaling CDR along with a FQC or Morellos sometimes to supplement the RoA/Zhonyas/Dcap build to try and maintain some cooldown reduction, but in high elo in general I think she's switched to going pure AP and getting off one good combo rather than building early CDR.

Which is all kind of a downer, since CDR morg was more fun, but hey, one shot q + w is fun too.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Yeah I stopped playing for about a few months and then had to move to a place where I don't have internet available. I'm pretty much worse off than Methanar right now.

I'll take a look-see when I get internet back. (I have to move first)

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
The active on Frost Queen's Claim is just so disgustingly good at giving you easy bindings and ults on Morgana, it makes your teleport ganks absurdly dangerous.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Bestbans got updated, but their site is getting hit pretty hard:

Play Lux, people.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I love how Volibear and Janna have an inverse relationship in terms of bans from Bronze - Platinum.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sexpansion posted:

Bestbans got updated, but their site is getting hit pretty hard:

Play Lux, people.

naut can't be nerfed soon enough imo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

He's so much fun but yeah he probably deserves it.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i played nautilus like one time and i felt really bad about doing it so i stopped

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 1, 2016

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Illaoi is a fun and perfectly serviceable champion.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

people that pick naut and build zzrot should be arrested

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Radical posted:

Come and take me, pig

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Radical posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxobNr6arzc

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Radical posted:

mods??

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Lovechop posted:

Nautilus
Riptide (E) damage lowered to 55/85/115/145/175 from 60/95/130/165/200

this is actually worse than it looks because a good riptide does double damage obv

also,

Jhin
Captive Audience (E) [slow increased to 40% from 35%
Curtain Call (R) [slow increased to 99% from 80%]

that seems like a bad idea

Firebert fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 1, 2016

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Jhin seems like he's in a good place, that sounds unnecessary

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
He's gonna get bumped over the edge so he's a competitive power pick for a few patches and they sell a bunch of skins then they'll tone him down again.

Just your friendly neighborhood cyclical cynic.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
80% slow means it's easier for him to land follow up shots but not impossible to get away from. 99 means you're dead unless you have a relatively healthy ally nearby to bodyblock

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

henkman posted:

80% slow means it's easier for him to land follow up shots but not impossible to get away from. 99 means you're dead unless you have a relatively healthy ally nearby to bodyblock

Considering he's already at 51% anyway, he's going to be pretty dumb. I think pre the last set of buffs he still was in a spot where he could be dangerous in competitive once people figured him out, this feels like jumping the gun pretty hard.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

foutre posted:

Considering he's already at 51% anyway, he's going to be pretty dumb. I think pre the last set of buffs he still was in a spot where he could be dangerous in competitive once people figured him out, this feels like jumping the gun pretty hard.

Agreed

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Radical posted:

i love people who pick naut and build zzrot, it means i can pick singed and build zzrot and push their poo poo in

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

foutre posted:

this feels like jumping the gun pretty hard.

You forget that the gun is meant to be ironic.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cho'Gath has a hilarious relationship with an enemy zz'rot portal

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Libertine posted:

He's gonna get bumped over the edge so he's a competitive power pick for a few patches and they sell a bunch of skins then they'll tone him down again.

Just your friendly neighborhood cyclical cynic.

Nah that's dead on. He doesn't need much, they need to sit back and let him get played or figured out more. I think that will be a bit too much, and it's pleasant everyone in here acknowledges it's probably too much

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rabidsquid posted:

Cho'Gath has a hilarious relationship with an enemy zz'rot portal

Can he eat it?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Safety Scissors posted:

Can he eat it?

It's an endless supply of free hp/mana

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rabidsquid posted:

It's an endless supply of free hp/mana

Lame.

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013
New Plan: screw trying to pick "good champions" and just play Morde solo lane every game.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Morde top is cool, I crushed my first couple games without even knowing how his new W works

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really like Caitlyn but every time I see Jhin's ult I just feel depressed.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

foutre posted:

FQC is also still decent, but post the nerfs I think it can sometimes be too slow to go that first into RoA, but if you can manage it it's really nice to have.

I feel like FCQ really accelerates the rest of your build because it's a) cheap as poo poo and b) generates so much passive gold that you complete the RoA surprisingly early. In most games I can afford FCQ + CDR boots + RoA at 17-18 minutes, and Abyssal by 19-21 minutes. In the old standard build, you'd just be finishing Athene's/Sorc shoes/Zhonyas around the same time, which is approximately a full item behind, and not nearly as good for soloing an opposing midlaner.

FCQ glues the whole build together -- I'm really not a fan of RoA first and think that CDR and mana regen are much better stats in a first item. If they removed FCQ from the game I'd probably go Athene's first item most of the time, but I don't think going RoA second would work well there.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

ImpAtom posted:

I really like Caitlyn but every time I see Jhin's ult I just feel depressed.

if you want to feel a little bit better about it watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNFY6-gaDA&t=72s

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

henkman posted:

Genuine question - isn't there some bare minimum movespeed every champion has to have? Like that's why you don't just stop moving when hitting a thresh wall?

Just curious what the spread is between the 80% slow and the bare minimum speed. If they're close the impact would be more for guys like udyr rather than, say, kalista

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Lovechop posted:

if you want to feel a little bit better about it watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNFY6-gaDA&t=72s

have I really been playing this game for five loving years

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Slow can take you to 0 if it's over 100%, but anything less leaves you at an absolute minimum of 110ms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Will Janna ever get nerfed?

• Locked thread