Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Fastlane is probably one my favorite tracks out of the whole game. Although i guess i can blame the absurdity of the minigame attached to it as well.

Do character's inherent elements come into play in story mode at all? I know it's a big thing to consider in multiplayer, particularly for Deathball.

Also it's great seeing Max kick rear end! That first cutscene he shows up in pretty made me want to play him primarily for the multiplayer and he for the most part plays like a slower and more powerful Leo so it isn't that hard to get into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
I might've gotten a little over-excited and recorded the entire rest of the game in one sitting.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

GamesAreSupernice posted:

I might've gotten a little over-excited and recorded the entire rest of the game in one sitting.

Guess you really enjoy this game then!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Guess you really enjoy this game then!

Oh absolutely. I have some extra content planned that will go deeper into the game's design than most anyone else, I think.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
This game is ridiculous, and it looks like it's pulling a Samurai Champloo with it's soundtrack. And an Adam Jensen on Steroids with it's main villain.

Oh absolutely. I have some extra content planned that will go deeper into the game's design than most anyone else, I think.

Do you have the DLC Character?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I'm sorry; I have a hard time imagining there could be any place where there are green, growing things after the 'everything's hosed' intro text.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Samovar posted:

I'm sorry; I have a hard time imagining there could be any place where there are green, growing things after the 'everything's hosed' intro text.

The intro text oversells the devastation. The anarchy is primarily man-made, and you'll see later in the game that there's still a functioning society, just a lovely functioning society.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
One thing my brother pointed out to me is that the soundtrack to Anarchy Reigns is almost entirely without profanity harder than "rear end" (there are a scant few f-bombs though, like in the chorus of "Lights Out"), which I think is kind of neat, given how heavy it is I hardly even noticed. Granted pretty much every song is about brutal murder, but hey.

e: the new song in the below video is Soon Enough, and I adore the habit Sick YG has of having the guy with the higher pitched voice parrot back the last word in a line, it cracks me up (it pops up in fan favourite Look Pimpin. Also I will not abide naysaying of Madworld's soundtrack, it was my gateway to hip-hop and Ox is a goddamn treasure. :colbert:

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 2, 2016

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

ManlyGrunting posted:

One thing my brother pointed out to me is that the soundtrack to Anarchy Reigns is almost entirely without profanity harder than "rear end" (there are a scant few f-bombs though, like in the chorus of "Lights Out"), which I think is kind of neat, given how heavy it is I hardly even noticed. Granted pretty much every song is about brutal murder, but hey.

The game itself makes up for it in spades, especially when the Blacker Baron is around.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Pig man.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Oh I got around to watching the survival video, and it had two of my favourite songs! Jaw and :siren:Venom :siren:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I'm very surprised to see that a helicopter saw has already been put into a game. Slightly less surprised that it's Platinum that did it.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Fish Noise posted:

I'm very surprised to see that a helicopter saw has already been put into a game. Slightly less surprised that it's Platinum that did it.

When infinite bullets and missiles isn't enough, you need something special.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Oinkie sounds like he may be voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.

E: Looked it up. He sure is.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Because that's actually Yuri.

Oinkie's a real jerk in the right hands, though I wouldn't call him broken or anything in a multiplayer setting. He's just a solid character with an intentionally annoying voice.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Yuri Lowenthal is a special person.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Due to their short runtime, two videos will now be released consecutively per update. One for Jack and one for Leo.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Calamari time, bitch

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Yuri Lowenthal is a special person.

He does have experience playing unhinged mutants.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-cQClq5g0Y

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I think the only new song was They Came From Underground, but I didn't get much of it. Fun song though.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

ManlyGrunting posted:

I think the only new song was They Came From Underground, but I didn't get much of it. Fun song though.

It is, the instruments are perfect.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

The two paths briefly clash.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

The length of both videos is exactly the same, holy poo poo, I didn't even notice. You can't even plan poo poo like that.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
RIght, so as for songs we have the copycat of Merciless Kill 'Em All, which I prefer because I like Ox a ton, and Mortified, which also pretty good.

It's a shame that they're overshadowed by the two obvious stars of the show though, Sound the Alarm in which Ox loving kills it, and Testin' Me, in which Doujah Raze loving kills it!. Seriously, the guy was alright in Madworld but he brought the loving noise to Anarchy Reigns,to the point where I think he was the overall best in show.

e: oh and Demise and We Playfor the cage match video. Also to cover up that I spelt Doujah Raze's name wrong :ninja:

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 3, 2016

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I always liked the banter between Jack and Leo in their fight. Every time Leo tries to call Jack out on things, he shuts it down with grouchy cynicism.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

ManlyGrunting posted:

RIght, so as for songs we have the copycat of Merciless Kill 'Em All, which I prefer because I like Ox a ton, and Mortified, which also pretty good.

It's a shame that they're overshadowed by the two obvious stars of the show though, Sound the Alarm in which Ox loving kills it, and Testin' Me, in which Douljah Raze loving kills it!. Seriously, the guy was alright in Madworld but he brought the loving noise to Anarchy Reigns,to the point where I think he was the overall best in show.

Testin' Me is one of my two favorite songs in all of videogames. It encapsulates all of Metal Gear Rising's main theme in just a single song. That might be why.

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Mar 3, 2016

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Let's create extra bonds to the juice, together

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Anarchy Reigns reminded me that for whatever reason a beat em up on the PS1 -Gekido- had music from Fatboy Slim.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

The third location is definitely the prettiest.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I wonder if these bosses are a reference to a similar set of characters from the Strider games, but then again I'm only really familiar with the latest one (which came out after Anarchy Reigns). Also, I'm a bit late to the party on this but your autoducking is (IMO) a bit steep. Whenever you're talking, I can barely hear the game audio at all.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

NGDBSS posted:

I wonder if these bosses are a reference to a similar set of characters from the Strider games, but then again I'm only really familiar with the latest one (which came out after Anarchy Reigns). Also, I'm a bit late to the party on this but your autoducking is (IMO) a bit steep. Whenever you're talking, I can barely hear the game audio at all.

I can bump the game audio up while I'm speaking a bit, but not too much more. As I've found out, how audible something is depends vastly on what kind of headphones are being worn, so I'm trying to be careful.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Christ, Sasha's boobs are glitchy.

Also, not only is Nikolai increasingly assholish to Leo in the cutscenes, he was also being a kill-stealing piece of poo poo during that mutant mission a few videos back. Gameplay-story integration!

Let's create extra bonds to the juice, together
*Squeezing* the *juice* can make you *happy campers*! *Bacon*, *bacon", *bacon", *bacon"!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

What was Ai Rin saying (in what I can only assume was Mandarin?)

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
So we have The Hand of Science , and I Know U Want Me from Bendy Legzz, aka the group that did the really good theme for the female bosses in Mad World. The second video has Rock On by Tre-Dot, who does some great work and It's All About Me, which is kind of disappointing given how strong Bendy Legzz's other two songs were in this series. I think Jack's roaming music was a new song but I couldn't quite tell.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Samovar posted:

"Jie jie" basically means "older sister", I think.

"Shi a" just means yes. The a doesn't mean anything I think.

Let's just say "zui hao" means "hell yes".

Third Mission
Feb 18, 2011

PAY ATTENTION TO ME!
I have to play this game with headphones on because I refuse to play this game with anything but max volume and that pisses off roommates and significant others, honestly it's one of the better endorsements for a game when you think about it.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Samovar posted:

"Jie jie" basically means "older sister", I think.

"Shi a" just means yes. The a doesn't mean anything I think.

Let's just say "zui hao" means "hell yes".
To add to this and break apart all of the Mandarin peppered in Fei Rin and Ai Rin's dialogue,
"Ayaa" - an exclamation that can be modified by context. I want to say usually some form of surprise but I'm not entirely sure what to make of it here.
"Jie jie" - "older sister" is correct
"Shi a" - mirrors "Really?" at the end of the same line. "Shi" is "yes" or "is", and the "a" then modifies it into a question
"Zou ba" - "go" or "do it" in this context, seems like a weird use to me. Can also be used as "fine, leave" but not the case here. "Zou" is "walk".
"Zui hao" - "hell yes" is perfect here. "Zui" is "most" and "hao" is "good" or "yes". Gough's "veeeeery goooood" fits too.
"Ayaaaaaa" - Hey, it's that exclamation again. Frustration this time.
"Women zou ba" - "We're leaving" or "let's go (away)". "Wo men" is "us" or "we", "zou" is "walk" again.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Next few videos have some audio desync issues, but I'm going to personally resync them, so it may be a bit.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Nice LP dude, you're doing a good job showing off this game. I played the crap out of it, even though the MP was pretty dead by the time I got around to it. One of my favourite things about it is how nuts the soundtrack is. It suits the gameplay and feel of the game sooooo well and I'm glad that they didn't play it safe and go with something less interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

We're only about halfway through, but I wanted to thank everyone so very much for letting me share goofy games like this. It's a bit silly, but it's special to me, y'know. Next video should be up shortly.

• Locked thread