Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

blah_blah posted:

I have FCQ, CDR boots, RoA, and Abyssal completed around the 21 minute mark in a lot of games (with 3-4 stacks on my RoA by then). If it's taking you way longer than this to reach that level of gold you need to farm better or proc your FCQ more. Zhonyas instead of Abyssal takes a couple minutes more. See my match history here: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-history/NA1/215629704

Yeah you're farming a lot better than I am so that would probably help a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I would say typical pubbie experience but she isn't 15 saying "Virgins" every 3rd sentence.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Gridlocked posted:

I would say typical pubbie experience but she isn't 15 saying "Virgins" every 3rd sentence.

Instead she is screeching like a harpy.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

How bad is my Morg build? No, this isn't a stealth praise me post.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
There's no reason to not have a deathcap, especially if you're buying a zzrot instead. And as decent as swifties are you're probably better off getting lucidity or sorcerer's

also against a team that isn't made of pure dogshit

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

http://matchhistory.jp.leagueoflegends.com/ja/#match-details/JP1/113880787/221424333?tab=overview

Pentakill on Yasuo, immediately preceding an enemy surrender. My 2nd ever :)

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Etrips posted:

Instead she is screeching like a harpy.

I've told the story a few times maybe but she wasn't even on my team, she was Lux mid with TP and she fed me (ADC) double buffs and proceeded to say some truly vile poo poo about her team for the next 20 minutes, calling them faggots, cancer, loving idiots, talking about how much money she made and how she was friends with fabbbyyyyyyy and I was a dog poo poo adc or something... at least once every 20 seconds in all chat

glad to see she hasn't changed

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tired Moritz posted:

It's fine, ZZ'rot is good enough that it's an arguable buy (although I would prefer banner if you want afk pushing but against their team comp the MR is useless so I get it in this instance). I don't really like swifties on Morg either, I much prefer CDR boots. But other than that you're good.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

AHH FUGH posted:

I've told the story a few times maybe but she wasn't even on my team, she was Lux mid with TP and she fed me (ADC) double buffs and proceeded to say some truly vile poo poo about her team for the next 20 minutes, calling them faggots, cancer, loving idiots, talking about how much money she made and how she was friends with fabbbyyyyyyy and I was a dog poo poo adc or something... at least once every 20 seconds in all chat

glad to see she hasn't changed

I looked at her twitter, she is a horrible person.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tired Moritz posted:

are we back on the zhonya's for morg train as a support because you sure are helping peel for your adc or other carry by not being able to cast black shield or throw out a q to stun while you are golden

ayyyyy lmao

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Seriously if you want advice on Morgana play you should be listening to this guy.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

slydingdoor posted:

Seriously if you want advice on Morgana play you should be listening to this guy.

lmaooooooooo

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Asema posted:

are we back on the zhonya's for morg train as a support because you sure are helping peel for your adc or other carry by not being able to cast black shield or throw out a q to stun while you are golden

ayyyyy lmao

Play league with me

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

slydingdoor posted:

Heh

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Lol on pbe rift herald now gives the same stacks as scuttle crab

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hate rift herald

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
How much time do you all actually spend practicing mechanical skills in custom games/apps in addition to playing ranked?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I occasionally will boot up a custom game and pick some random champ and I'll either quit when I hit some arbitrary number(like 10 waves no missed cs) or something like that. This will happen maybe once or twice a month

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Luna Was Here posted:

I occasionally will boot up a custom game and pick some random champ and I'll either quit when I hit some arbitrary number(like 10 waves no missed cs) or something like that. This will happen maybe once or twice a month

I've been playing for a couple of months and am currently in Gold 4. Is skill building before I've begun to develop bad habits a worthwhile endeavor?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

slydingdoor posted:

keeby my hero

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Eat Bum Zen posted:

How much time do you all actually spend practicing mechanical skills in custom games/apps in addition to playing ranked?

Zero seconds because league isn't my job and custom game csing is dull.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
If you want to actually attain competence at something customs are the closest thing League has to a sandbox/practice. League is a competitive game and unless you are a prodigy or stick to like 2-3 champs you are only hurting yourself by not utilizing a 15m custom game that gives you a microcosm of laning->what can this champ do later on or if really fed.

If you want to get better at a fighting game you practice things in practice mode, if you want to get better at RTS's you spam build order drills every so often, if you want to get better at basketball you practice freethrows and crossovers or whatever.

There are people out there who can go from 0 to Azir competence in 1 game, but for most of us spending 15m of your time in a custom learning what the gently caress something does is a worthwhile investment and probably ends up eating 1/3 of the time that it would take to get the same experience feeding like gently caress in ranked

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Zero seconds because league isn't my job and custom game csing is dull.

It's also completely worthless because it doesn't replicate real lane situations at all. (i.e. Dwight Howard makes 82% of his practice free throws and 49.5% of his in-game free throws)

It doesn't mean poo poo if you can hit 90-100% of CS in a custom game if you can't do it in a real one when you have actual opponents interfering.

A Stupid Baby posted:

if you want to get better at basketball you practice freethrows and crossovers or whatever.

Imagine if there was a professional league player like Andre Drummond who could get 10 kills a game but only hit 38% of his CS. That would be just magic.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Well actually being able to get every uncontested cs is an important skill at the very least that you can learn from customs.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Eat Bum Zen posted:

quite a bit, i think practicing is really important to prepare you for real games. idealy i like to spend like 5% of my time practicing, but when i rarely play that means i seldom practice. such is life.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Libertine posted:

It's also completely worthless because it doesn't replicate real lane situations at all. (i.e. Dwight Howard makes 82% of his practice free throws and 49.5% of his in-game free throws)

It doesn't mean poo poo if you can hit 90-100% of CS in a custom game if you can't do it in a real one when you have actual opponents interfering.

It doesn't follow that it's useless, unless you think that Dwight Howard would be equally good at free throws whether he practiced or not. Most low MMR players definitely can't get 80% of CS in an empty lane, and every champ has tricks to CSing under tower or killing multiple creeps about to die at the same time that you should practice and master.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

A Stupid Baby posted:

If you want to actually attain competence at something customs are the closest thing League has to a sandbox/practice. League is a competitive game and unless you are a prodigy or stick to like 2-3 champs you are only hurting yourself by not utilizing a 15m custom game that gives you a microcosm of laning->what can this champ do later on or if really fed.

If you want to get better at a fighting game you practice things in practice mode, if you want to get better at RTS's you spam build order drills every so often, if you want to get better at basketball you practice freethrows and crossovers or whatever.

There are people out there who can go from 0 to Azir competence in 1 game, but for most of us spending 15m of your time in a custom learning what the gently caress something does is a worthwhile investment and probably ends up eating 1/3 of the time that it would take to get the same experience feeding like gently caress in ranked
It'll take three times as long but I'll have ten times the fun. I'm not getting paid to play league and if I end up in silver instead of gold it won't haunt me at night, and I highly doubt I'm a unique case.

Also I have a bunch of idiot bronze friends so I'm not that invested in being unable to queue with them.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Libertine posted:

Do you think that people are likely to do BETTER in a game than they do in a controlled environment with nobody interfering? That is, somebody who can only get 30 percent CS in a custom game with no opponents can reasonably be expected to hit 80 percent CS (or 60 or 50 or 40 or even 31 percent) when they have an opponent trading with them and trying to gently caress up their day?

Your performance in practice represents the limit of your skills; in a perfect world with no interference, this is the maximum you can do. In a real game, obviously, you're going to do worse than the peak of your skill, because you have those pesky opponents getting in the way. But if the peak of your skill is 30 percent CS because you can't cs better than a creep, there's a lot less room for you to do well in an actual game.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
There's a Bruce Lee quote that's something like "When the time comes, you will not rise to the occasion . You will sink to the level of your training."

I definitely agree that it's good to practice fundamentals if you want to get better at the game but it's also totally fine if you don't care about getting better since it's a video game

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Why not just practice in a real game and not care if you feed and some rando that you will never interact with again on any level makes fun of you for messing up a rotation

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
All good points.

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Why not just practice in a real game and not care if you feed and some rando that you will never interact with again on any level makes fun of you for messing up a rotation

I just suck too much right now. Every game I play is starting to feel too stressful to work on specific mechanics, and even though I'm gaining experience, my win rate isn't changing.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

KicksYouInHalf posted:

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It'll take three times as long but I'll have ten times the fun. I'm not getting paid to play league and if I end up in silver instead of gold it won't haunt me at night, and I highly doubt I'm a unique case.

Also I have a bunch of idiot bronze friends so I'm not that invested in being unable to queue with them.

Personally I don't find it fun to lose horribly because I locked in the NEW CHAMP but w/e. Honestly just that 15m in a custom teaches you so much that you can immediately apply to a real game and snow a dude instead of bumblin about. Its also the best way to learn how to play a champ from wayyyy ahead. You will get disgustingly ahead in maybe 1/25 of ranked games but 1/1 of customs

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Usually playing a game in custom to figure out what skill does what will still not prepare you for a real game.

Figuring out actual combos can take a while.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
https://www.facebook.com/leagueoflegends/videos/10156820274950556/

will have an execute and max health percent damage abilities

e: youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAAnY_L4Pp4

seizure later fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 3, 2016

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
He should just be a big hand and his character model outside of attacking should be the shadow of the hand

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Calling it now he has some kind of built-in Ohmwrecker

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So basically this is a guy they really wish they could have had Tony Jay voice, huh?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It's gotta be the same guy who did Tahm Kench

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Firebert posted:

He should just be a big hand and his character model outside of attacking should be the shadow of the hand

yeah he should just be like that boss from smash bros

• Locked thread