Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

If there's one thing Trump supporters are sure to watch, it's a documentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

KaptainKrunk posted:

If you're a black male, you have a much higher chance of growing up in an impoverished environment, attending poo poo schools, and having few meaningful opportunities for gainful employment than you do of being shot by the police. Yeah, getting shot by the police is bad, but minority communities in the U.S. suffer more from material deprivation than from systemic racism. Of course, systemic racism makes things worse, but it wasn't like those capitalists who decided to move their factories from Detroit did so for racial reasons.

That deprivation is a direct result of systematic racism.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

This thread isn't a hugbox for reactionaries, sorry.

someone's sour about the coming trumpening

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't want a hugbox. I want President Trump to send Venom Snake and Majorian to Guantanamo Bay so they stop making terrible loving posts.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
"drat SJW's always clamping down on discussion!!!"

*several posts later*

"You have hurt the feels of the white race, please stop :( "

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Bread Liar

Pinterest Mom posted:

Thread Gay, So What

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
At least now we know what 4chan's bombshell was: they hacked Trump's phone and changed his voicemail message:

quote:

What was previously a campaign message from Trump prompting callers to donate to his campaign (which you can listen to in full above), became the following:

"It’s Matthew Lillard, also known as TV’s Shaggy Rogers here. And we’re going to make America great again. And this is how you do it. Visit the campaign at boards.4chan.org/b. That’s boards.4chan.org/b. Thank you for supporting Donald Trump. Together, we will make America great again. Hashtag MakeAmericaGreatAgain. Hashtag 1488."

Live recording here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqBTZIVm2QI

Will this sink Trump in Michigan?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

KaptainKrunk posted:

If you're a black male, you have a much higher chance of growing up in an impoverished environment, attending poo poo schools, and having few meaningful opportunities for gainful employment than you do of being shot by the police. Yeah, getting shot by the police is bad, but minority communities in the U.S. suffer more from material deprivation than from systemic racism. Of course, systemic racism makes things worse, but it wasn't like those capitalists who decided to move their factories from Detroit did so for racial reasons.

While this is true, in order for all racial groups in the U.S. to benefit equally from leftist economic policies, special attention is going to need to be paid to make sure that some minority groups catch up. As it stands, their starting line is situated way behind white people's, and that's not just a function of neoliberalism.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Korelle posted:

I'm sick of all these Bernie Supporting immigrants swarming into our thread and sucking out any remaining enjoyment with the sort of tired old poo poo you can read in 20 different YCS/D&D threads.

We need to build a wall and make the Republican Primary thread great again!

Some of them will be voting for your guy once Hillary beats Bernie.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

[in a marco rubio voice] Big Don says hes flexible... well he must be, if he can fit his own head up his rear end like that. ive been rolling face for the last three months straight and if i dont come down soon i may die.

Lol

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Venom Snake posted:

*several posts later*

is this that whole "punching up" thing I keep hearing about

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Korelle posted:

send Venom Snake to Guantanamo Bay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMvbvv_Enj0

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
"The Democrats treat working class whites like trash"

Working class whites switched from majority Democratic to majority Republican over a pretty short period of time in the 60s and early 70s for a pretty specific reason. The Democratic party platform hasn't changed that much since then, they're free to come back to the party that represents their political and economic interests at any time.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

is this that whole "punching up" thing I keep hearing about

You're literally arguing that white people are the underprivileged ones.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

zen death robot posted:

He also helped kill off the USFL

He did us a favor, the NFL is so god drat good. Praise them and their monopoly.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Korelle posted:

I don't want a hugbox. I want President Trump to send Venom Snake and Majorian to Guantanamo Bay so they stop making terrible loving posts.

They support Hillary so Pinterest Mom won't touch them

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

AngryBooch posted:

This is one case where wider access to guns can only help the situation.

wew

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
The most productive action that it is possible for leftists to take: to ruin a Republican schadenfreude thread by circling around each other endlessly over whose consciousness is least false.

C'mon, someone say some good stuff about Donald Trump's dick.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Majorian posted:

You're literally arguing that white people are the underprivileged ones.

you sure you quoted the right guy, chief?

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
this thread has survived:
- racism arguments
- misogyny arguments
- 'which major is better' arguments
- bernie vs hillary posters
- more racism arguments
- doobie arguments

and still has the highest chuckles per post of any thread on sa

this thread is

dare i say it

unstumpable

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

you sure you quoted the right guy, chief?

100% certain, yes.

Brannock posted:

I'm a Sanders supporter.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

if you choose to frame the college PC issue that way that's your option, but if you don't think people like Melissa Click are doing real long term damage to the left then you just aren't paying enough attention. it's a kind of performative purity, a public demonstration that you are enlightened and these idiot frat bro MRA trump voters aren't, and all it does is piss people off and destroy your ability to form coalitions with people who don't share all of the same assumptions you do

Speaking of Melissa Click, her CV is loving infuriating:

Click, M. A., Aubrey, J. S., and Behm-Morawitz, E. (Eds.). (2010). Bitten by Twilight: Youth culture, media, and the vampire franchise. New York: Peter Lang.

Behm-Morawitz, E., Click, M. A., and Aubrey, J. S. (2010). “Relating to Twilight: Fans' Responses to Love and Romance in the Vampire Franchise.” In M. A. Click, J. S. Aubrey & E. Behm- Morawitz (Eds). Bitten by Twilight: Youth culture, media, and the vampire franchise. New York: Peter Lang.

Aubrey, J. S., Walus, S., and Click, M. A. (2010). “Twilight and the Production of the 21 st Century Teen Idol.” In M. A. Click, J. S. Aubrey & E. Behm-Morawitz (Eds). Bitten by Twilight: Youth culture, media, and vampire franchise. New York: Peter Lang.*

Aubrey, J. S ., Behm-Morawitz, E ., & Click, M. A. (2010). The romanticization of abstinence: Fan response to sexual restraint in the Twilight series. Transformative Works and Cultures, 5. doi:10.3983/twc.2010.0216. http://journal.transformativeworks.org/index.php/twc/article/view/216/184

Selected Publications:
*Click, M. A., Lee, H., & Holladay, H. (2013). Making monsters: Lady Gaga, fan identification, and social media. Popular Music & Society, 6(3), 360-379.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
sometimes this thread is good

sometimes its worse than the dota thread

much like trump, it ebbs and flows

namaste

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Clipperton posted:

this thread is

dare i say it

unstumpable

Make YCS Great Good Okay Less poo poo Again For Once

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brannock posted:

:downsowned:

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Majorian posted:

100% certain, yes.

point to it

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Venom Snake posted:

*several posts later*

"Stupid liberals and their 'safe spaces'. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to attend a conference where I'm surrounded only by people who completely agree with my views."

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

100% certain, yes.

I'm a Sanders supporter.

Lol what's it like not being a winner like us Trump supporters?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Has PolitiFact released a rating regarding Trump's penis yet?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Brannock posted:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Stagger_Lee posted:

The most productive action that it is possible for leftists to take: to ruin a Republican schadenfreude thread by circling around each other endlessly over whose consciousness is least false.
Hillary has the right idea with regard to the republican primary.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Venom Snake posted:

Identity politics is literally one of the core foundations of leftism you moron. The idea that people should band together to fight oppression is not a regressive concept and minorities should not have to sideline everything they care about because you demand it. Regressivism in the left is the people that demand we focus on economic issues at the cost of everything else because of some magical thinking that oppression can't come from other factors.

Identity politics was poisoned by upper middle class white girl politics, hth

Unless you think Air Conditioning is sexist and people shouldn't clap anymore because it might trigger someone. These are not valid things to bitch about.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Lycus posted:

Has PolitiFact released a rating regarding Trump's penis yet?

Pants On Fire

due to friction

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

You suggested that VS and I were punching down at poor whites by saying that there are structural inequalities that left-wing economic policies have to deal with if they want to be fair. I can't imagine a clearer case of someone :qq:-ing over white people being so underprivileged.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Josh Lyman posted:

Some moron woman form the WSJ editorial board went on Morning Joe today and, talking about Cruz's flat tax plan, said "It's not extreme, it's only extreme to you Democrats. The American people want it, it's the fairest tax."

:fuckoff: :suicide:

Wait, flat-tax is still a thing? Goddamn.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

That wasn't spittle it was Rubio's dick cheese

Saying it again to up the quality of this thread

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

What used to be "Everything is to PC this days" IE "WHY CANT I BE AN rear end in a top hat OR RACIST IN PUBLIC" has become "SJW's are destroying discussion/free speech!" IE "When I say lovely things about people they get mad!!!???". Nobody has to put up with you being a dick, in fact, the right to free speech doesn't mean your proof of all consequences for running your mouth.

There isn't any danger of intellectualism or discussion being destroyed on college campus's. In fact things are way more open than they were before because there is actually some sort of accountability meaning a college can no longer just sweep everything under the rug without getting roasted. Philosophers and others have ranted about the death of independent thought for years because alarmist rhetoric is great at getting attention.

Another thing thats dumb is the whole "identity politics is the enemy of the left" when the whole loving point of leftism is equality. How dare those uppity oppressed minorities want their issues addressed.

I dunno, I've heard a lot of disturbing stuff about campuses and free speech. Just today in fact.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6456
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/feb/13/peter-tatchell-snubbed-students-free-speech-veteran-gay-rights-activist

It's a disturbing trend because at its core it's not liberal, but anti-liberal.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Clipperton posted:

and still has the highest chuckles per post of any thread on sa

Psh, not even top 3 on my bookmarks. Branch out motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Trump has a huge dick

• Locked thread