Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

is star citizen 2 out yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

When this all goes tits up I hope :pgi: buys all the assets and fires Transverse back up.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

2.2 looks really good fam I can feel the video games coming soon

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

$2500+ backer

Original backer

does the excuse "its an alpha" work when the alpha is getting noticeably worse over time?

We're about to find out!

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

"It reminds me of the part in the video game you scroll past to get to the real game."
:drat:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

D1E posted:

Pre-ordered. Take note Citizens: $60 for billions of systems to explore.

Not $2500 to carry your vending machine between some star port and some star base.

LOL Sasparilla (or whatever).

Has he vanished completely since revealing that hilariously poor decision? I don't think I've seen that blue pony avatar since then. It feels like we ran him off with relentless mocking - though who could resist?

Sasparilla come back! Your 2.0 experience diaries were gold (and even more hilarious in retrospect since you had $2500 sunk at the time)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Playing Black Desert with Goons, shout out to whoever is in the guild named Stimperor

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

Galarox posted:

With cocaine. Immerse that!

Make it a gif with a ceiling fan shadow turning over him and it'll be perfect.

The horror....the horror....

XeeD fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 6, 2016

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Something to think about whenever the "it's just an alpha" defense comes up.

If the idea is "it's an alpha. we're just testers" is true- imagine how actual QA testers and teams would react to constantly non-functioning horseshit being pushed to them. They have bosses and job expectations too usually, and while yes it is their job to find bugs, I'd think the 2nd time a programmer sent something to testing and it immediately crashed multiple times that'd be about the time the QA manager would come to me and my boss and tell me that programmer needed to go.

QA and testers expect to see something vaguely functioning put in front of them. They expect to be digging in to edge cases and seeing were different points of integration may be causing problems. QA doesn't expect to be sending your code back because it can't even load up correctly.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Something to think about whenever the "it's just an alpha" defense comes up.

If the idea is "it's an alpha. we're just testers" is true- imagine how actual QA testers and teams would react to constantly non-functioning horseshit being pushed to them. They have bosses and job expectations too usually, and while yes it is their job to find bugs, I'd think the 2nd time a programmer sent something to testing and it immediately crashed multiple times that'd be about the time the QA manager would come to me and my boss and tell me that programmer needed to go.

QA and testers expect to see something vaguely functioning put in front of them. They expect to be digging in to edge cases and seeing were different points of integration may be causing problems. QA doesn't expect to be sending your code back because it can't even load up correctly.

This is true, a friend of mine used to do alpha testing and he told me about working on Wipeout 2097 and his job was to try and get the game to gently caress up by doing everything possible on every corner of every track, he said it was dull as gently caress and the only moment of excitement was the rare time when he got the game to break.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beet Wagon posted:

Man I can't wait until Chris has to give Star Citizen the "Old Yeller" treatment. It's gonna be amazing.

I'll laugh, but wont be shocked, if CR bows out by the end of this year.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Toops posted:

Hey guys, just wrapped up a quick first pass at the Oh-Man-Ski bird cannon. My man is workin' on sounds for it now. We'll get you a more complete demo in the weekly dev update (monday).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vun4kswvMRY

:f5:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens posted:

I'll laugh, but wont be shocked, if CR bows out by the end of this year.

He won't have Microsoft to ride in and save the day this time around though

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Nation posted:

im the 22 fps

He's just lying there, you wouldn't notice if it dropped to 5 fps. It's a smart use of the limited amount of fps, this way they can have more fps in intense combat areas.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

XeeD posted:

Make it a gif with a ceiling fan shadow turning over him and it'll be perfect.

The horror....the horror....

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

poo poo, I'm still only in Port Ossiter

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted fidelity, and for my sins, they gave me some. Brought it up to me like kickstarter. It was a real choice game, and when it was over, I never wanted another.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

No man I'm sure no one ever saw that one before. :laugh:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dng7fu4ks0o

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

:five:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ha ha :lol:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

God drat I loving love this thread.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I'll never forgive myself....

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Holy poo poo.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I'll never forgive myself....

Put the pilgrim cross on the table.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted fidelity, and for my sins, they gave me some. Brought it up to me like kickstarter. It was a real choice game, and when it was over, I never wanted another.

Oh man, now I want to see if we can fit some Apoc Now into the Pleb game.

edit: Actually, that even remains true to the source material, since SC has the AN plot.

:five:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

Put the pilgrim cross on the table.

The cross is lay tastefully across his nads, just how ben likes it.

Damnit I don't have that gif of ben and his spastic licking! Someone give me it pronto!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Holy poo poo.

:gary::five::yarg:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This loving thread is amazing. :five:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Solid loving gold :pgabz:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Beautiful.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

I love you.

I've seen glitches... glitches that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a developer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what fidelity means. Glitches... Glitches have a face... and you must make a friend of glitches. Glitches and broken promises are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies! I remember when I was with The Stimpire... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to penectomy some children. We left the camp after we had penectomied the children for the Stimpire, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every carefully rendered arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out and replace them with liquid metal; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a laser... a laser (with recoil) right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were goons... trained commandos. These men who fought with their hearts, who had fidelity, who had children, who were filled with the worst kind of electricity... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are Smart... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to grief without feeling... without passion... without paarping... without paarping! Because it's paarping that defeats us.

XeeD fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Mar 6, 2016

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

i think im dying

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I only got to play for like 10 minutes tonight, it is almost impossible to log in.

Infinite load screens don'k make fun videos though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjKnI1W86FU

The Port Olisar rings of doom strike again

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Mirificus posted:

Are you confusing Zealot with Fuzzy Modem?

No, someone was just in here a few pages back saying they knew Fuzzy Modem from a while ago in a different forum bragging about personal genital mutilation, which sounds like some Stimpire-level poo poo to me.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jason Sextro posted:

No, someone was just in here a few pages back saying they knew Fuzzy Modem from a while ago in a different forum bragging about personal genital mutilation, which sounds like some Stimpire-level poo poo to me.

I think it was accidental mutilation.
Which will be the name of my punk band if I ever start one ~~DO NOT STEAL~~

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Jason Sextro posted:

peter gabriel posted:

I think it was accidental mutilation.
Which will be the name of my punk band if I ever start one ~~DO NOT STEAL~~

Yeah, it was accidental. Didn't stop him from making a post that was like 'So I was having sex with my wife and I cut my dick open and it was bleeding a lot - should I go to the doctor? It's been a few days and it still really hurts. Did I mention that I was having sex with a woman?'

I have a feeling, based off his recent posts and general Star Citizen stuff, that he's divorced. Nothing to base it off, just a hunch - after all, would a happily married man defend Sandi's honor or whatever?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jaysus, Mary, and Jooseph, those spazzy glitches.... Can you even imagine the nausea if they get VR working. That video was almost making me nauseous with the ship entry error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Milky Moor posted:

Yeah, it was accidental. Didn't stop him from making a post that was like 'So I was having sex with my wife and I cut my dick open and it was bleeding a lot - should I go to the doctor? It's been a few days and it still really hurts. Did I mention that I was having sex with a woman?'

I have a feeling, based off his recent posts and general Star Citizen stuff, that he's divorced. Nothing to base it off, just a hunch - after all, would a happily married man defend Sandi's honor or whatever?

I... I'm not sure I want to ask, but how the hell do you cut your dick open during sex? Is his wife a blender?

• Locked thread