Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

How Rude posted:

hey at least he took the time to look through your replays not even I have the patience for reviewing other peoples' games

edit: on second thought building 65% cdr on Janna would piss me the gently caress off as well

Did I not say thanks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

rabidsquid posted:

Learning Draven makes me feel as loving stupid as learning to ADC did in the first place. poo poo I take for granted, like being able to look at the minimap, or kiting, have become things I have to really really think about.

Just don't play Draven. Play Caitlyn and poo poo on everyone.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
don't play caitlyn because she's actually bad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Play whatever ADC you feel most comfortable with because outside of extreme edge cases being good with an ADC is more important than their tier level right now and those edge cases are probably permabanned.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Also more seriously, where does 65% come from? Shouldn't it be 70%? All those items give 10% CDR, except frozen heart which gives 20%.

PS: Yes, I realise the error of my ways.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Speaking of being terrible and in bronze, could I ask for some critique?

http://www.replay.gg/search/na/Leadout#2115323877
http://www.replay.gg/search/na/Leadout#2115249333

I think I kept my ADC suitably fed and watered in both, and did a fair amount of saving teammates from certain death later in the game, but I also screwed up a lot trying to save teammates from their own screwups and dying in the process. I'm also sure I'm screwing up in plenty of other ways that I'm not even aware of, so I come seeking enlightenment.

Someone already hit most of the points in the first replay but I felt like making a video! So I did!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhmPmxAoQnk

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't get Caitlyn. her attack speed is terrible and her damage is so situational. people should just play jinx

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

caitlyn's traps should be ridiculously good but it feels like half of the time enemies walk right through them

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

Someone already hit most of the points in the first replay but I felt like making a video! So I did!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhmPmxAoQnk

Oh yeah the server lagged everyone in the game out at the loading screen. Their Ekko just failed at reconnecting when the game came back up, hence the 5v4 for a while.

And yes, this is so, so bronze.

I do appreciate the advice! I'm still getting a feel for the right time to ult. The farming bot was mostly an overreaction on my part to losing a tower to a creep wave; I don't tend to solo push creeps much as support. I guess I should probably just never do it and hope the team will pick things up. And yeah, I should be quicker at the shop.

That time I failed to support Pantheon, I don't think I actually saw him ult in, and thought I was still solo defending a tower vs their whole team, hence my being way too far back. But yes, I need to work on positioning.

Thanks!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
pog boyfriend please watch my replay of this normal game as Naut Top and tell me why I'm poo poo in the hilarious manner you did for lead out in cuffs

http://www.replay.gg/search/oce/griddead#124543219

I'm loving awful at this game and I know it so don't hold back

Edit: it's blind pick cause that's the only normal available to OCE before anyone says "play banning at least"

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Okay so I'm normally pretty good at top lane Darius match ups but I have no loving idea what to do with ignite Reneketon. Any tips?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I will not stop playing Draven until I have conclusively proven I am incapable of playing him at the level I can play other ADCs, in which case I will just return to Ezreal anyway.

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't get Caitlyn. her attack speed is terrible and her damage is so situational.

How is right clicking something situational.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

pog boyfriend please watch my replay of this normal game as Naut Top and tell me why I'm poo poo in the hilarious manner you did for lead out in cuffs

http://www.replay.gg/search/oce/griddead#124543219

I'm loving awful at this game and I know it so don't hold back

Edit: it's blind pick cause that's the only normal available to OCE before anyone says "play banning at least"

immediate thoughts: how the holy poo poo did teemo lose lane against a katarina that poorly? i get that he gets blown up post 6 if you choose not to get any tank items but come on, just take one point into e and auto her out of the lane every time she shows up. is teemo the support..? why is teemo supporting? no immediate problems with builds except your team is a bit overzealous with the attack speed. teemo should have more AP than he does. ideally on teemo i like to get a fast ludens echo into sorcs shoes because having the extra crunch to your autos makes you that much more formidable.

at 0:51 you buy your one item in your build and head out into lane. i understand your passion for roleplaying nautilus as a lumbering, slow moving tank but that is no reason to just hang out in fountain doing nothing for the first seconds of the game. it might seem like nothing happens during those times and you are not needed but at the start of the game using trinket wards effectively is incredibly powerful because you can scout out item builds, stop early game ganks, etc. even the mightiest of warriors would think twice about planning something foul in the jungle when they see the awe inspiring form of nautilus. to be fair their volibear is not with the plan and is just kind of hanging out being useless/a bear under the tower. :byobear:

when the lane starts you let volibear push you in for a faster lv2. you should be conscious of the fact he is doing that and take preventative measures, but when i say preventative measures i do not mean tanking the creeps like you did at around 2:15. it was not nearly a major misplay but making small lapses of "oops, these guys exist!" is a great way to throw a toplane matchup. you should always be conscious about the number of caster minions in the lane. the enemy has 3 more of them than you at this point, meaning he is going to be pushing hard. you can try to push back to keep the lane frozen under your tower, or you could ask your friend and compatriot the nocturne to come assist you in some shenanigans top lane.

as expected volibear immediately hits level 2 and tries a very rough trade on you. without abilities you are powerless to stop his mighty claws and lose basically all of your hp. in future games, if you see someone pushing out hard like that you can assume they are up to something. this is a good reason to actually not skill anything until level 1... if you had saved leveling your q and just kept the skill point floating, upon seeing volibear is up to something like that you could switch to your E first just to push back a little, or your W first and try to weather the storm of level 2 all ins. coincidentally, that volibear should be running ignite based off the way he is playing but is going teleport i guess.

your first major mistake in lane was first backing a chain vest against volibear. volibear is a very mixed damage champion, and you will find half of his damage is magic(ult, e, w) and the other half is physical(autos, q) and as a result rushing straight armour is like wearing only shinguards to a kickboxing match. anyway you teleport back into lane and start slugging it out with the guy who has a passive that heals him back to half hp if he almost dies unless you burst him as a damage over time stacking tank. this ends up working because the volibear does not have ignite, which is pretty, pretty bad considering how he plays, and also because he chose to go back in for some reason instead of waiting for his passive to heal him up. (but mostly because he built chain vest against nautilus lmao)

anyway at 8 minutes the dumbest poo poo in league of legends happens and no commentary i give to it can put into words how i felt watching that happen. to call that a misplay would be an insult to anyone who has ever misplayed because misplays involve conscious thought leading to an honest mistake and there was no thought put into what happened there. if anyone is curious as to what it is i highly recommend downloading that replay and fast forwarding until 8 minutes to check it out.

any way you go mid to roam on the katarina, do a number on her, but your kayle is not able to keep up with your dredge lines so the battle is fruitless. tragedy. what makes this really bad for you is volibear has free reign to gently caress up your poo poo while you are scheming against this poor noxus assassin lady. by some miracle, the volibear forgot you put a pink ward in the bush there and just ignores it. this makes no sense. then some poo poo goes down, you nearly kill volibear with the help of your beautiful assistant nocturne, and you both back. you reset the wave by tank clearing it. when the lane is equal, you should sense you have a pretty big advantage over the volibear and attack him. and what do you do?

YOU SHOVE THE WAVE!!! while shoving the wave might seem like a good thing to do in that scenario, in actuality if you tried to keep the lane roughly even and just started mean mugging and potentially throwing up gang signs(one can only assume that nocturne is a crip) you can intimidate the volibear away from cs to create an even greater cs lead. by shoving the wave in you give him a chance to farm under tower. if you are playing something incredibly powerful like tryndamere where you can just dive the tower and kill them shoving the wave is ok because when they die the wave you shoved dies to tower, but in your case you threw away a potential opportunity to snowball further. your hubris and greed ultimately prove to your downfall...

then volibear starts tanking the wave for some reason and you do not q him. how come? he was just tanking like 8 minions. you could have easily gave him the business. jungle graves show up, you get spooked and brew yourself some lemon tea under tower, kayle shows up, volibear gets spooked out and brews some coffee with two hazelnuts, but unlike the jungle graves the kayle just hangs out mid. did you tell her to get her angelic rear end out of top lane? you should have, if you did not. that setup was not particularly advantageous for anyone except the volibear.

anyway you come mid and volibear tps to a creep and then katarina shows up and you die. where did it go wrong?? simple. your kayle is poo poo and does absolutely gently caress all. as soon as the volibear tps, she gets spooked and runs mid frantically searching for the kettle. you tunnel vision into this, and try to kill the graves. as soon as you see the tp, your thought should be, "who has tp? oh... the volibear, who i was only slightly ahead of and i could have been more ahead of because i had an item and level advantage and i am favoured in that matchup in the midgame anyway but i chose to let farm until he was at the same power level as me", followed up by "okay, the jungle graves is really strong right now because my team is full of degenerates, i am equally as strong as this volibear, and our kayle is not doing so hot. we can not win this 2v2." followed by "where is katarina anyway? this is a bad idea. i am out." but instead it was "graves you cigar smoking piece of poo poo. i will make you pay for every one of your crime by my good name of nautilus"

after your untimely and tragic death, you almost take the top tower, but because you had yet to built a wits end your auto attacks were not nearly swift or powerful enough to destroy the tower, giving volibear in his new shiny dead mans plate time to show up. at this point you should have wondered to yourself, "why did volibear buy this item that gives him no resistance against my attacks and/or sunfire? loving idiot..." and just beat the poo poo out of him. instead you throw a weak trade down at him, realize your weak trades are really wrecking him, and instead of pulling him in and wailing on him while you had minion advantage you just let him go.

you and your lane rival go into the river for some reason to stare down a crab. this is not a good use of anybodys time. rise above the system, stop matching your lane opponents when they do retarded poo poo. if i see my lane opponent go to try to contest a crab while my jungler is there with smite i am just going to chuckle to myself as i get freefarm. anyway a river fight goes down, you get a good tp in, and take everyone to the hoops except nidalee, who then in turn takes you to the hoops. and your bot lane is sitting bot, 1v2, against ezreal, losing. caitlyn is not particularly good right now(especially compared to ezreal) but this is one hell of a sad sight.

after miraculously returning to life, you pick up a sheen and some winged boots of hermes. at this point i am basically sitting on the edge of my screen like "cmon nautilus... just... just loving kill him. he is stacking armour against a guy who only does magic damage. this is easy. this is too easy. he is handing kills to you on a silver platter." you misplay HORRENDOUSLY in the fight you have with him. you back off AFTER the bite. what are you afraid of? what is he going to do? that poo poo is not coming back for a good 15 seconds. you should have kept on him, forced a passive or a flash, and then all inned him with you had ult. but you did not. you went to clear his pink ward and let him off way too easy.

when you have a sheen and a sunfire, even if you are not using all of your abilities, just using any of them will vastly outdamage a volibear who does not have access to his bite. at the point where you are taking him to half hp from full hp and virtually being undamaged, and he has used his strong nuke ability, you should have no inhibitions and strike with the force of whatever faction nautilus belongs to in the lore. you almost make the classical top misplay of walkming next to someone under tower with sunfire but catch yourself. good job! he flips you under tower after you make a dubious all in attempt, and he gets 3 hits off on you while you retreat the tower. why not turn around and smack him once? you would lose almost zero time, but it would make the trade a lot more favourable.

anyway from this exchange you should have learned something. "i do not want to be by the tower when volibear is defending it, as his CC makes it unpleasant and easy to take tower shots even if i am just in the general vicinity as sunfire makes it possible for him to flip me into tower range and automatically make me take aggro." in response to this new information, you should realize shoving the wave is a suboptimal strategy, and stopped doing it. but you did not. more fairly speaking, you should know about any matchup with the flippers/taunters that you do not want to let them near their tower, as this makes it easy for them to outplay you. but again, you keep shoving this guy into his tower where he is free to do his thing, in a lane that you are vastly overpowering and should have free kills all of the time. if it seems repetitive how i keep bringing this up just imagine how annoying this is to watch

so you back, buy another pink ward, and debate putting it in the same contested bush you always did. then you think better of it. i am weeping tears of joy -- is this man going to put an offensive ward in their jungle to spot out people after doing wolves/blue and thinking of going mid lane or into the river? no. nautilus is putting down a defensive tribush ward. what the holy poo poo man? you won your lane! what are you afraid of happening in that tribush! you should be afraid of stuff happening in their tribush! when you are winning, you want to push your vision control up to starve their collective team zone, reducing the amount of plays they can make. that comically passive tribush ward is doing absolutely nothing as by taking his tower you extend your zone all the way into their top side jungle. you should be pushing them into their base, not backing up and protecting your t1 towers.

your team fucks around bot and gets killed, you push top, you see katarina coming but due to your wholly inadequate ward setup you are unable to spot the volibear and he kills you. your chase there is actually very poorly executed, instead of running towards weird angles to q terrain with to gain distance you just kind of flounder around in a serpentine pattern to dodge the 0 skillshots katarina and volibear have, and hug the wall making your q virtually useless in that situation. after this death you start being really, really useless. to be honest i had to fast forward through a lot of the crap because you were just running through the jungle for no reason and putting down river wards. as a fed tank nautilus with powerful items you should be doing more than nothing here. as a rule, when playing league of legends, ask yourself if the thing you are doing right now is a good use of your time. if the answer is no, find something that is a better use of your time. the next step is figuring out what your next move is as you are doing things so you can seamlessly transition from doing useful thing to useful thing and waste as little time as possible.

then at the siege at 28-ish minutes your team gets picked off over and over by a katarina. tell them to group behind the tower, waveclear, wait until all 5 are up, then jump that noxian piece of poo poo with shock and awe. with your high amount of cc, being able to pin her down and destroy her before she gets off any major cooldowns is not particularly hard, and if your team commits to murdering katarina, even if they are slightly over extended, with the amount of power concentrated on that one character you could pretty easily turn around the 5v4 and win(kayle ults caitlyn, caitlyn gets off fat autos all fight, teemo silences graves, nautilus does nautilus things.. pretty solid.) instead you guys just sit around and the more stupid of you die and you lose the siege. not good. at 29:30 your team gets the plan, kills katarina, and you go in and your team ignores you. you manage to clean it up well enough and things go okay but as a tank you should be communicating with your team better to get followup on your initiation. at 31 minutes you get caught out and die. the teleport bot was kind of stupid as well but it was no harm no foul.

anyway the fight at 33 minutes should make the pattern pretty clear -- kill katarina, win the fight.nocturne was dead so you were afraid to do baron. you drop a zzrot portal top and back. this is not particularly solid and just kind of gives the enemy team 25 gold. what ended up actually happening is you died as well. if you are not there with the zzrot portal and you are doing something that would grab attention just abandoning your portals like that is a bad idea and secondly, attracting attention top and trying to back casually like nothing happened is a very, very stupid thing to do. ultimately this was a big misplay.

at 36 minutes i was just waiting for you to go in and you did not until you chased them down the river, at which point the enemy flanked you and everything went awry. positioning in where you have teamfights matters and trying to force a fight near an entrance to the jungle is just asking for trouble. at around 38 minutes you turn up in a dragon fight and actually do pretty dang well for yourself. good on you man. you go bot after which is kind of weird, you should have went to baron(with proper warding) since katarina was down but whatever.. at 40 minutes you go back to regularly scheduled programming, nautilus walks around like a confused senior person in the jungle. you need to check this behavior and cut it out because you are wasting like 5 minutes of this 40 minute game.

at 41 minutes you go into a fight and do not use your ult and things kind of go poorly. nautilus ult shares one thing in common with fiddlesticks ult. they both have a hidden passive which applies fear to the enemy team. that is, when they see this giant target above their head they freak out and move around such as to avoid loving up their team or getting caught out, and their team moves around to clear out of the way of the nautilus knockup. in other words, anyone who freaks out is put into a state of the "fear" crowd control, where they are moving around but not doing any damage or really anything particularly important. the damage control is an effect in itself, and reducing the enemy DPS in that manner is a great way to turn around a fight. not to mention, knocking up graves or katarina is always a plus.

at 43 minutes when you return to regularly scheduled programming your team gets caught and they die and you lose the game. i am not going to pretend like it was not their fault for being in the wrong spot, but by having you, the front line tank, be in the middle of nowhere doing nothing of value, your team does not have a good chance of winning anything if they get jumped. in conclusion, you need to work on your time management, understand lane power spikes better, and learn how to apply pressure properly(both in lane and in the vision wars).

i am probably not going to do more of these because they take quite some time to do.

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 6, 2016

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

pog boyfriend posted:

immediate thoughts: how the holy poo poo did teemo lose lane against a katarina that poorly? i get that he gets blown up post 6 if you choose not to get any tank items but come on, just take one point into e and auto her out of the lane every time she shows up. is teemo the support..? why is teemo supporting? no immediate problems with builds except your team is a bit overzealous with the attack speed. teemo should have more AP than he does. ideally on teemo i like to get a fast ludens echo into sorcs shoes because having the extra crunch to your autos makes you that much more formidable.

at 0:51 you buy your one item in your build and head out into lane. i understand your passion for roleplaying nautilus as a lumbering, slow moving tank but that is no reason to just hang out in fountain doing nothing for the first seconds of the game. it might seem like nothing happens during those times and you are not needed but at the start of the game using trinket wards effectively is incredibly powerful because you can scout out item builds, stop early game ganks, etc. even the mightiest of warriors would think twice about planning something foul in the jungle when they see the awe inspiring form of nautilus. to be fair their volibear is not with the plan and is just kind of hanging out being useless/a bear under the tower. :byobear:

when the lane starts you let volibear push you in for a faster lv2. you should be conscious of the fact he is doing that and take preventative measures, but when i say preventative measures i do not mean tanking the creeps like you did at around 2:15. it was not nearly a major misplay but making small lapses of "oops, these guys exist!" is a great way to throw a toplane matchup. you should always be conscious about the number of caster minions in the lane. the enemy has 3 more of them than you at this point, meaning he is going to be pushing hard. you can try to push back to keep the lane frozen under your tower, or you could ask your friend and compatriot the nocturne to come assist you in some shenanigans top lane.

as expected volibear immediately hits level 2 and tries a very rough trade on you. without abilities you are powerless to stop his mighty claws and lose basically all of your hp. in future games, if you see someone pushing out hard like that you can assume they are up to something. this is a good reason to actually not skill anything until level 1... if you had saved leveling your q and just kept the skill point floating, upon seeing volibear is up to something like that you could switch to your E first just to push back a little, or your W first and try to weather the storm of level 2 all ins. coincidentally, that volibear should be running ignite based off the way he is playing but is going teleport i guess.

your first major mistake in lane was first backing a chain vest against volibear. volibear is a very mixed damage champion, and you will find half of his damage is magic(ult, e, w) and the other half is physical(autos, q) and as a result rushing straight armour is like wearing only shinguards to a kickboxing match. anyway you teleport back into lane and start slugging it out with the guy who has a passive that heals him back to half hp if he almost dies unless you burst him as a damage over time stacking tank. this ends up working because the volibear does not have ignite, which is pretty, pretty bad considering how he plays, and also because he chose to go back in for some reason instead of waiting for his passive to heal him up. (but mostly because he built chain vest against nautilus lmao)

anyway at 8 minutes the dumbest poo poo in league of legends happens and no commentary i give to it can put into words how i felt watching that happen. to call that a misplay would be an insult to anyone who has ever misplayed because misplays involve conscious thought leading to an honest mistake and there was no thought put into what happened there. if anyone is curious as to what it is i highly recommend downloading that replay and fast forwarding until 8 minutes to check it out.

any way you go mid to roam on the katarina, do a number on her, but your kayle is not able to keep up with your dredge lines so the battle is fruitless. tragedy. what makes this really bad for you is volibear has free reign to gently caress up your poo poo while you are scheming against this poor noxus assassin lady. by some miracle, the volibear forgot you put a pink ward in the bush there and just ignores it. this makes no sense. then some poo poo goes down, you nearly kill volibear with the help of your beautiful assistant nocturne, and you both back. you reset the wave by tank clearing it. when the lane is equal, you should sense you have a pretty big advantage over the volibear and attack him. and what do you do?

YOU SHOVE THE WAVE!!! while shoving the wave might seem like a good thing to do in that scenario, in actuality if you tried to keep the lane roughly even and just started mean mugging and potentially throwing up gang signs(one can only assume that nocturne is a crip) you can intimidate the volibear away from cs to create an even greater cs lead. by shoving the wave in you give him a chance to farm under tower. if you are playing something incredibly powerful like tryndamere where you can just dive the tower and kill them shoving the wave is ok because when they die the wave you shoved dies to tower, but in your case you threw away a potential opportunity to snowball further. your hubris and greed ultimately prove to your downfall...

then volibear starts tanking the wave for some reason and you do not q him. how come? he was just tanking like 8 minions. you could have easily gave him the business. jungle graves show up, you get spooked and brew yourself some lemon tea under tower, kayle shows up, volibear gets spooked out and brews some coffee with two hazelnuts, but unlike the jungle graves the kayle just hangs out mid. did you tell her to get her angelic rear end out of top lane? you should have, if you did not. that setup was not particularly advantageous for anyone except the volibear.

anyway you come mid and volibear tps to a creep and then katarina shows up and you die. where did it go wrong?? simple. your kayle is poo poo and does absolutely gently caress all. as soon as the volibear tps, she gets spooked and runs mid frantically searching for the kettle. you tunnel vision into this, and try to kill the graves. as soon as you see the tp, your thought should be, "who has tp? oh... the volibear, who i was only slightly ahead of and i could have been more ahead of because i had an item and level advantage and i am favoured in that matchup in the midgame anyway but i chose to let farm until he was at the same power level as me", followed up by "okay, the jungle graves is really strong right now because my team is full of degenerates, i am equally as strong as this volibear, and our kayle is not doing so hot. we can not win this 2v2." followed by "where is katarina anyway? this is a bad idea. i am out." but instead it was "graves you cigar smoking piece of poo poo. i will make you pay for every one of your crime by my good name of nautilus"

after your untimely and tragic death, you almost take the mid tower, but because you had yet to built a wits end your auto attacks were not nearly swift or powerful enough to destroy the tower, giving volibear in his new shiny dead mans plate time to show up. at this point you should have wondered to yourself, "why did volibear buy this item that gives him no resistance against my attacks and/or sunfire? loving idiot..." and just beat the poo poo out of him. instead you throw a weak trade down at him, realize your weak trades are really wrecking him, and instead of pulling him in and wailing on him while you had minion advantage you just let him go.

you and your lane rival go into the river for some reason to stare down a crab. this is not a good use of anybodys time. rise above the system, stop matching your lane opponents when they do retarded poo poo. if i see my lane opponent go to try to contest a crab while my jungler is there with smite i am just going to chuckle to myself as i get freefarm. anyway a river fight goes down, you get a good tp in, and take everyone to the hoops except nidalee, who then in turn takes you to the hoops. and your bot lane is sitting bot, 1v2, against ezreal, losing. caitlyn is not particularly good right now(especially compared to ezreal) but this is one hell of a sad sight.

after miraculously returning to life, you pick up a sheen and some winged boots of hermes. at this point i am basically sitting on the edge of my screen like "cmon nautilus... just... just loving kill him. he is stacking armour against a guy who only does magic damage. this is easy. this is too easy. he is handing kills to you on a silver platter." you misplay HORRENDOUSLY in the fight you have with him. you back off AFTER the bite. what are you afraid of? what is he going to do? that poo poo is not coming back for a good 15 seconds. you should have kept on him, forced a passive or a flash, and then all inned him with you had ult. but you did not. you went to clear his pink ward and let him off way too easy.

when you have a sheen and a sunfire, even if you are not using all of your abilities, just using any of them will vastly outdamage a volibear who does not have access to his bite. at the point where you are taking him to half hp from full hp and virtually being undamaged, and he has used his strong nuke ability, you should have no inhibitions and strike with the force of whatever faction nautilus belongs to in the lore. you almost make the classical top misplay of walkming next to someone under tower with sunfire but catch yourself. good job! he flips you under tower after you make a dubious all in attempt, and he gets 3 hits off on you while you retreat the tower. why not turn around and smack him once? you would lose almost zero time, but it would make the trade a lot more favourable.

anyway from this exchange you should have learned something. "i do not want to be by the tower when volibear is defending it, as his CC makes it unpleasant and easy to take tower shots even if i am just in the general vicinity as sunfire makes it possible for him to flip me into tower range and automatically make me take aggro." in response to this new information, you should realize shoving the wave is a suboptimal strategy, and stopped doing it. but you did not. more fairly speaking, you should know about any matchup with the flippers/taunters that you do not want to let them near their tower, as this makes it easy for them to outplay you. but again, you keep shoving this guy into his tower where he is free to do his thing, in a lane that you are vastly overpowering and should have free kills all of the time. if it seems repetitive how i keep bringing this up just imagine how annoying this is to watch

so you back, buy another pink ward, and debate putting it in the same contested bush you always did. then you think better of it. i am weeping tears of joy -- is this man going to put an offensive ward in their jungle to spot out people after doing wolves/blue and thinking of going mid lane or into the river? no. nautilus is putting down a defensive tribush ward. what the holy poo poo man? you won your lane! what are you afraid of happening in that tribush! you should be afraid of stuff happening in their tribush! when you are winning, you want to push your vision control up to starve their collective team zone, reducing the amount of plays they can make. that comically passive tribush ward is doing absolutely nothing as by taking his tower you extend your zone all the way into their top side jungle. you should be pushing them into their base, not backing up and protecting your t1 towers.

your team fucks around bot and gets killed, you push top, you see katarina coming but due to your wholly inadequate ward setup you are unable to spot the volibear and he kills you. your chase there is actually very poorly executed, instead of running towards weird angles to q terrain with to gain distance you just kind of flounder around in a serpentine pattern to dodge the 0 skillshots katarina and volibear have, and hug the wall making your q virtually useless in that situation. after this death you start being really, really useless. to be honest i had to fast forward through a lot of the crap because you were just running through the jungle for no reason and putting down river wards. as a fed tank nautilus with powerful items you should be doing more than nothing here. as a rule, when playing league of legends, ask yourself if the thing you are doing right now is a good use of your time. if the answer is no, find something that is a better use of your time. the next step is figuring out what your next move is as you are doing things so you can seamlessly transition from doing useful thing to useful thing and waste as little time as possible.

then at the siege at 28-ish minutes your team gets picked off over and over by a katarina. tell them to group behind the tower, waveclear, wait until all 5 are up, then jump that noxian piece of poo poo with shock and awe. with your high amount of cc, being able to pin her down and destroy her before she gets off any major cooldowns is not particularly hard, and if your team commits to murdering katarina, even if they are slightly over extended, with the amount of power concentrated on that one character you could pretty easily turn around the 5v4 and win(kayle ults caitlyn, caitlyn gets off fat autos all fight, teemo silences graves, nautilus does nautilus things.. pretty solid.) instead you guys just sit around and the more stupid of you die and you lose the siege. not good. at 29:30 your team gets the plan, kills katarina, and you go in and your team ignores you. you manage to clean it up well enough and things go okay but as a tank you should be communicating with your team better to get followup on your initiation. at 31 minutes you get caught out and die. the teleport bot was kind of stupid as well but it was no harm no foul.

anyway the fight at 33 minutes should make the pattern pretty clear -- kill katarina, win the fight.nocturne was dead so you were afraid to do baron. you drop a zzrot portal top and back. this is not particularly solid and just kind of gives the enemy team 25 gold. what ended up actually happening is you died as well. if you are not there with the zzrot portal and you are doing something that would grab attention just abandoning your portals like that is a bad idea and secondly, attracting attention top and trying to back casually like nothing happened is a very, very stupid thing to do. ultimately this was a big misplay.

at 36 minutes i was just waiting for you to go in and you did not until you chased them down the river, at which point the enemy flanked you and everything went awry. positioning in where you have teamfights matters and trying to force a fight near an entrance to the jungle is just asking for trouble. at around 38 minutes you turn up in a dragon fight and actually do pretty dang well for yourself. good on you man. you go bot after which is kind of weird, you should have went to baron(with proper warding) since katarina was down but whatever.. at 40 minutes you go back to regularly scheduled programming, nautilus walks around like a confused senior person in the jungle. you need to check this behavior and cut it out because you are wasting like 5 minutes of this 40 minute game.

at 41 minutes you go into a fight and do not use your ult and things kind of go poorly. nautilus ult shares one thing in common with fiddlesticks ult. they both have a hidden passive which applies fear to the enemy team. that is, when they see this giant target above their head they freak out and move around such as to avoid loving up their team or getting caught out, and their team moves around to clear out of the way of the nautilus knockup. in other words, anyone who freaks out is put into a state of the "fear" crowd control, where they are moving around but not doing any damage or really anything particularly important. the damage control is an effect in itself, and reducing the enemy DPS in that manner is a great way to turn around a fight. not to mention, knocking up graves or katarina is always a plus.

at 43 minutes when you return to regularly scheduled programming your team gets caught and they die and you lose the game. i am not going to pretend like it was not their fault for being in the wrong spot, but by having you, the front line tank, be in the middle of nowhere doing nothing of value, your team does not have a good chance of winning anything if they get jumped. in conclusion, you need to work on your time management, understand lane power spikes better, and learn how to apply pressure properly(both in lane and in the vision wars).

i am probably not going to do more of these because they take quite some time to do.

do me now

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

So have there been more red posts talking about Malzahar? I still love that dude, pretty much the only consistent AP mid I've had in the past two years (probably because he has rarely seen changes).

Methanar posted:

do me now

I've read your thread about online dating in GBS, but I did not know you were that desperate.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 6, 2016

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Mierenneuker posted:

So have there been more red posts talking about Malzahar? I still love that dude, pretty much the only consistent AP mid I've had in the past two years.

I've read your thread about online dating in GBS, but I did not know you were that desperate.

That was a great thread.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

seizure later posted:

running someone down as draaaaaaaven feels the worst because you'll often outrun your axe blades and either have to step back to pick it up and have to use your speed boost again to catch back up or you drop the axe and suddenly all your damage is gone. it's an annoyance that you just don't have to think about with any other adc.

They actually tried to change that to allow maximum speed kiting but Draven players complained and they reverted it :(

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

pog boyfriend posted:

after your untimely and tragic death, you almost take the top tower, but because you had yet to built a wits end your auto attacks were not nearly swift or powerful enough to destroy the tower, giving volibear in his new shiny dead mans plate time to show up. at this point you should have wondered to yourself, "why did volibear buy this item that gives him no resistance against my attacks and/or sunfire? loving idiot..." and just beat the poo poo out of him. instead you throw a weak trade down at him, realize your weak trades are really wrecking him, and instead of pulling him in and wailing on him while you had minion advantage you just let him go.

*eyes glaze over*

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Methanar posted:

That was a great thread.

Not as good as my gross pizza pictures thread (which got sticked :smug: in GBS :smug:)

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
So I bought subway friday night and didn't tip.

Should I have tipped my sandwich artist?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Methanar posted:

So I bought subway friday night and didn't tip.

Should I have tipped my sandwich artist?

No, but if you find an artist whose work you really enjoy, it's considered polite in upper crust society to become their official patron and hire them to produce works of art proclaiming your greatness.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Coca Koala posted:

No, but if you find an artist whose work you really enjoy, it's considered polite in upper crust society to become their official patron and hire them to produce works of art proclaiming your greatness.

as stupid as this post sounds it's actually a thing and i go out of my way to go to a specific subway and tip really well because theres one dude there that always manages to not gently caress up my request - extra cheese, and put some of it on the outside edge and on each side so it acts as a 4th wall to keep everything in, then cut into thirds because i cant finish an entire sub

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
robots can eat food now? my god...

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Biowarfare posted:

i cant finish an entire sub

Casual alert.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Warlord's bloodlust is bonkers on ADCasters, it's up to 20% lifesteal on physical damage, not just autos.

Really? I'll have to try this out.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lerius posted:

Really? I'll have to try this out.

im gonna try it on sivir right now

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Has this alpha video of the new client been posted yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHJyoHKL7AM

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Volibear's W is physical damage.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
FWIW Teemo support is a surprisingly common occurance in very low ELO normals. In general "support" in low ELO normals means "I wanted to play solo but other people got the lanes first so now I have to take Exhaust on Nidalee and complain the entire time" but for some reason people love duo-botting with Teemo.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

Volibear's W is physical damage.

i see.. the scales have been lifted from my eyes. the only option left is suicide for my horrendous mistake.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Illaoi is bad and deserving of buffs. Lots of buffs. Just.. not enough to make her popular.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Alris posted:

Illaoi is bad and deserving of buffs. Lots of buffs. Just.. not enough to make her popular.

Her soul snatching is so annoying and easy to land that I wouldn't want to ever see her often until that is less time-wasting to play against.

It doesn't make her good at all, just annoying.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Here in Bronzie Idaho I see a lot of Illaoi players who manage to land her soul grab and then never attack the soul clone.

I seriously wonder if they're colorblind and the clone blends in with the background of something.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Alris posted:

ive yet to see her in a game and stopped playing before she came out but why is she so bad exactly? her skillset looks a bit lovely admittedly

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Yaoi is good everyone is bad.

Don't buy black cleaver on her and do take full arpen runes.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Alris posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMsgXYneolY

Flipswitch posted:

ive yet to see her in a game and stopped playing before she came out but why is she so bad exactly? her skillset looks a bit lovely admittedly

Champ is pretty horrible though to be honest, all of her power comes from fighting around her tentacles and once people realize that she loses all her fighting capabilities outside of a massive ult. With no tricks to avoid/soak up CC she gets kited super easily.

Out of curiosity would anyone be interested in free coaching / replay reviews? I'm starting up streaming again and setting a more relaxed schedule so I don't feel burnt out, going to do something called teacher Tuesdays/ and maybe thursday, looking to probably stream 3 times a week for now until I get into the groove of things (also school keeps me busy). On Tuesdays I can spend something like 2-3 hours doing 1 to 1 coaching and then spend an hour or so teaching general concepts for everyone else in the stream. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to shoot! For people interested, I can cover any role except jungle up to Diamond, jungle is the only role I really don't play (I mean I can try, it just probably won't be as useful as an actual jungler teaching you.)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Daemonlasher posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMsgXYneolY

Champ is pretty horrible though to be honest, all of her power comes from fighting around her tentacles and once people realize that she loses all her fighting capabilities outside of a massive ult. With no tricks to avoid/soak up CC she gets kited super easily.

Out of curiosity would anyone be interested in free coaching / replay reviews? I'm starting up streaming again and setting a more relaxed schedule so I don't feel burnt out, going to do something called teacher Tuesdays/ and maybe thursday, looking to probably stream 3 times a week for now until I get into the groove of things (also school keeps me busy). On Tuesdays I can spend something like 2-3 hours doing 1 to 1 coaching and then spend an hour or so teaching general concepts for everyone else in the stream. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to shoot! For people interested, I can cover any role except jungle up to Diamond, jungle is the only role I really don't play (I mean I can try, it just probably won't be as useful as an actual jungler teaching you.)

I'd love this!! If I wasn't flat broke I'd pay for coaching

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Methanar posted:

Yaoi is good everyone is bad.

I hope this was some autocorrect thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

kingcobweb posted:

I'd love this!! If I wasn't flat broke I'd pay for coaching

Sweet, what's your IGN? I'll add you and ask for skype at some point, I can't do it this week (3 papers + midterm) but I will be starting up the following week. And it's all free of charge since I'm just starting up streaming and trying to get peeps to come hang out.

• Locked thread