Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

you're trying to rationalize a neutral stance into something scummy.

If he's the only holdout we will easily know if he's a backup or power role. Not claiming isn't scummy and stop trying to create an easy lynch that will give us no information.

no im not, like I have said repeatedly the fact that he doesn't want to claim has nothing to do with me voting him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I like how you guys are homing in on me voting for a claimed power role when we have DAYS left until deadline and he's in no threat of being immediately gently caress off with your fake concern.

So why are you freaking out then?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm a special backup though, I am backup catapultist. I take over when the real catapultist dies.

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005

Jon Irenicus posted:

Hah so much for a newbie friendly game with all this theory-crafting and metagaming. I'm phone posting on my lunch break, give me a while to read and I'll weight in with my thoughts after work.
Seriously guys. Way too many posts for me to process between waking up and going to work.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
sory blackcross

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
:munch: Modding is the best role

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
worship at the altar of zuul

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

blackcross posted:

Seriously guys. Way too many posts for me to process between waking up and going to work.

I'll warn you now if you don't want to read a lot of posts you better just put me on ignore.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

So why are you freaking out then?

I'm not freaking out. I'm being honest, I think it's dumb stuff.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Kashuno (3): JakeP, Lumpen, Lumpen, Lumpen, King Burgundy
Lumpen (2): Kashuno, kordansk
JakeP (1): Khris Kruel
GulagDolls (1): Tommunist
Aafter (1): Aafter
Khris Kruel (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
Tommunist (0): kordansk, kordansk

Not Voting (8): Amoeba102, Birdstrike, blackcross, chaoslord, GulagDolls, Jon Irenicus, Tremendous Taste, Tricky

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 09th, 2016 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 2 days, 6 hours.

:xcom:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I'm not freaking out. I'm being honest, I think it's dumb stuff.

Nah you be straight buggin' yo

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005
Ughhhhh now I have to read the OP and everything. This is too much for a Monday.

Also, I haven't played XCOM, aliens are good guys in this game?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

jesus christ

the more we claim the more everyone resisting is forced to claim :shopkeeper:

gulag is power

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Nah you be straight buggin' yo

SHEEEEIIIIIIT

blackcross posted:

Ughhhhh now I have to read the OP and everything. This is too much for a Monday.

Also, I haven't played XCOM, aliens are good guys in this game?

in xcom2, they're the people who rule earth now

GulagDolls posted:

jesus christ

the more we claim the more everyone resisting is forced to claim :shopkeeper:

gulag is power

I'm not claiming gently caress that life.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYN_I0YoVG0

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

people who don't claim will die. if they don't claim and die and are town, they will be committing cardinal sin of gamethrow

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ok

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

GulagDolls posted:

people who don't claim will die. if they don't claim and die and are town, they will be committing cardinal sin of gamethrow

:yeah:

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005

Kashuno posted:

I'm not claiming gently caress that life.
Yup.

Lynch me for it if you want but I'm not saying poo poo.

Also, if someone wants to kill either me or kordansk, that'd be cool because I can't tell us apart.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

blackcross posted:

Yup.

Lynch me for it if you want but I'm not saying poo poo.

Also, if someone wants to kill either me or kordansk, that'd be cool because I can't tell us apart.

the people voting kashuno aren't doing so because he won't claim

its because he is voting a claimed power role under the guise of "its scummy to claim"

Kash, do you actually think Lumpen is scum?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Morning all. I'm backup.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

GulagDolls posted:

lol its not a game throw to not participate in a mass claim

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

lol its not a game throw to not participate in a mass claim

ThingsCardinalSinnersSay.txt

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

I think you are scum, Lumpen.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tricky posted:

Morning all. I'm backup.

Why did you choose to claim instead of not.

Same to everyone who has randomly claimed with almost no content.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Kashuno posted:

Why did you choose to claim instead of not.

Same to everyone who has randomly claimed with almost no content.

Honestly? I feel like, as a vanilla, there's no reason not to when there are people claiming already. Either I'm suspicious and draw fire from someone important or I get ignored until I can do something productive. JakeP and Gulag made a pretty convincing case and I'm willing to throw in with them.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You're not vanilla.

You have the ability to become a power role. That's important.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

You're not vanilla.

You have the ability to become a power role. That's important.

What is the point of this post except to be contrarian?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I guess so!

I think mass claiming is rear end and you guys are actively helping scum by being dumb

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Here's where we stand currently. Did I miss any claims or refusals?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I think enough have claimed that the game is in an unhelpful state for town now. It only starts to come back into our favor when we get the mass claim. Given scum's extra info, they probably already have a pretty good idea now of the lay of the land, given 3 power role claims and 3+ backup claims.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

Here's where we stand currently. Did I miss any claims or refusals?

Jake claimed backup.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I guess so!

I think mass claiming is rear end and you guys are actively helping scum by being dumb

I think it helps the town really. Sure it gives the scum a shortlist of players to NK but then the power roles get replaced with town backups. If we accidently lynch a power role we lose that role forever. The mass claim will avoid a mislynch of a power role (like how we lynched the cop day 1 the last time this setup was played). It also forces the scum to fake claim power roles early (which will reveal them for scum when their CC flips), or it gives us a short list of players who could possibly be scum, and also a list of players who are unCCed confirmed town power roles that the protective roles can protect.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
how will it avoid a mislynch exactly? If we have 6/7 claimed power roles, what did you gain from this? Are we going to all out our actual power role afterwards? What if you have conflicting claims there? What if all the scum claim backup, and we gain literally nothing while scum gains the entire game set up?

No, mass claiming shows a clear lack of thought.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

King Burgundy posted:

Jake claimed backup.
Thanks. Fixed.

Make your stance known, folks.

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005

JakeP posted:

I think it helps the town really. Sure it gives the scum a shortlist of players to NK but then the power roles get replaced with town backups. If we accidently lynch a power role we lose that role forever. The mass claim will avoid a mislynch of a power role (like how we lynched the cop day 1 the last time this setup was played). It also forces the scum to fake claim power roles early (which will reveal them for scum when their CC flips), or it gives us a short list of players who could possibly be scum, and also a list of players who are unCCed confirmed town power roles that the protective roles can protect.

So what's the goal? Lynch backup so we don't lose a power role and then see who gets NK'ed? And then regain whatever the power role was?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Kashuno posted:

how will it avoid a mislynch exactly? If we have 6/7 claimed power roles, what did you gain from this? Are we going to all out our actual power role afterwards? What if you have conflicting claims there? What if all the scum claim backup, and we gain literally nothing while scum gains the entire game set up?

duurr! durr!!!! dhurr!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Kash in d1 dumb argument non-shocker

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

duurr! durr!!!! dhurr!

glad your poo poo comeback to actual logic is consistent to your poo poo logic in agreeing with a mass claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I mean it will avoid mislyncing a power role. If the power roles claim and are unCCed we have a far shorter list of people who could potentially be scum, and the worst case is we lynch a town backup rather than a power role. If there are conflicting claims we ignore them for now, and lynch a backup, unless there are so many conflicting claims so that it is known that all the scum are CCing town power roles (but that won't happen).

I don't really get which part of this you are confused about?

• Locked thread