Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
That's how I got the DLC, and it still didn't work right. I eventually wound up picking them up on some Steam sale for a couple of bucks, and it worked properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com

FronzelNeekburm posted:

That's how I got the DLC, and it still didn't work right. I eventually wound up picking them up on some Steam sale for a couple of bucks, and it worked properly.

I was afraid of this. I'll just wait for the inevitable $5 goty edition sale - thanks!

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

FronzelNeekburm posted:

That's how I got the DLC, and it still didn't work right.
Odd. That ought to work. There's nothing special about the DLC, no DRM or whatever. They're essentially no different from the plugins from mods. If you place them in the Data folder, the game will recognize them. Not sure what the TTW installer does that would cause it to screw up.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Has anyone experienced a texture bug where everyone's torsos use the wrong texture? I've tried disabling every single texture and model mod I've got one at a time and still everybody has a hosed up torso. LOOT doesn't see anything wrong, I've done a fresh install, hosed up frankenbodies everywhere.

My only other option at this point is to play without mods and that's clearly out of the question

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.
No, just the bug where every merchant (and some random NPC's) are perpetually naked.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FlyingCheese posted:

No, just the bug where every merchant (and some random NPC's) are perpetually naked.

I thought that was a feature of some mods.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

They are not actually naked, they are wearing the default underwear/T-shirt texture all Bethesda's models have. They just refuse to equip any clothing.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Cuchulain posted:

Has anyone experienced a texture bug where everyone's torsos use the wrong texture? I've tried disabling every single texture and model mod I've got one at a time and still everybody has a hosed up torso. LOOT doesn't see anything wrong, I've done a fresh install, hosed up frankenbodies everywhere.

My only other option at this point is to play without mods and that's clearly out of the question

When you say wrong texture on the torso, do you mean the visible skin underneath the armor?

If it is just the skin, than either your using an armor mod that requires a body replacer (with textures) that you don't have, or you got the body mod but are still using vanilla armors that don't mate up with the new texture. Either way, you'll end up with the skin texture not wrapping correctly to the body under the armor, so you'll see weird poo poo like toenails on biceps or something.

Reason being, replacement textures/meshes placed in the data directory (like what you'll be doing if you use FOMM) will override the vanilla versions, regardless of whether their .esp files are active or not. You'll have to either add the files you need so you have the replacement body and armor, or go into your data folder and remove the replacement you already installed so the game can default back to vanilla.

Fake edit: If you use Mod Organizer so your files aren't just dumped in the data directory, or the texture was bugged on the actual armor itself and not the character's skin, then you have a different problem and the above doesn't apply. What I described is just a common scenario because people will download something like Spice of Life and miss the fine print that they need a type3 and a Roberts/Breeze body to go along with it.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

FlyingCheese posted:

They are not actually naked, they are wearing the default underwear/T-shirt texture all Bethesda's models have. They just refuse to equip any clothing.
Open up the console, click them then type resurrect. They'll respawn in place and sooner or later they'll do so with some drat pants on. Note that it'll disable achievements until you quit and restart, though.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Hobo on Fire posted:

When you say wrong texture on the torso, do you mean the visible skin underneath the armor?

If it is just the skin, than either your using an armor mod that requires a body replacer (with textures) that you don't have, or you got the body mod but are still using vanilla armors that don't mate up with the new texture. Either way, you'll end up with the skin texture not wrapping correctly to the body under the armor, so you'll see weird poo poo like toenails on biceps or something.

Reason being, replacement textures/meshes placed in the data directory (like what you'll be doing if you use FOMM) will override the vanilla versions, regardless of whether their .esp files are active or not. You'll have to either add the files you need so you have the replacement body and armor, or go into your data folder and remove the replacement you already installed so the game can default back to vanilla.

Fake edit: If you use Mod Organizer so your files aren't just dumped in the data directory, or the texture was bugged on the actual armor itself and not the character's skin, then you have a different problem and the above doesn't apply. What I described is just a common scenario because people will download something like Spice of Life and miss the fine print that they need a type3 and a Roberts/Breeze body to go along with it.

Yeah, this is the issue. What's weird is that it effects models not wearing any armor, vanilla armor, or mod armor. It's completely universal. I have Spice of Life, type3 and Rob's. I'll just kill all my mods one by one until I find which one is causing the issue I guess.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Cuchulain posted:

Yeah, this is the issue. What's weird is that it effects models not wearing any armor, vanilla armor, or mod armor. It's completely universal. I have Spice of Life, type3 and Rob's. I'll just kill all my mods one by one until I find which one is causing the issue I guess.

If it's universal, it sounds like you are missing the type3 or robs textures.

Depending on what you downloaded, you may only have the mesh files for the body, or maybe the textures just ended up in the wrong subfolder. The vanilla skin textures have a black "underwear" painted on, so if you are seeing that in game, then that's almost certainly the issue.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

FlyingCheese posted:

Are you running The Right to Bear Arms? It caused this for me so I swapped it out.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Internet Wizard posted:

Are you running The Right to Bear Arms? It caused this for me so I swapped it out.
Oooh, is that what does it? Are there any mods that have the same effects without the exhibitionism?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Oooh, is that what does it? Are there any mods that have the same effects without the exhibitionism?

There are a bunch of DLC distributed mods out there. I'm away from my computer or I'd post what I'm running.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Flagrant Abuse posted:

This one works pretty well IIRC.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

Internet Wizard posted:

Yeah. That's unfortunate. I'd rather not gently caress with mods anymore since I'm pretty far into a playthrough I'd like to continue and don't want to screw anything up. It's not a huge deal anyway, I rarely ever trade with random merchants at this point in my playthrough. It's just kind of silly.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Any good small quest mods? Just short fluff bits, instead of sprawling epics.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Arcsquad12 posted:

Any good small quest mods? Just short fluff bits, instead of sprawling epics.

There are some equipment mods that add quests to actually find the equipment or hides it in an out-of-the-way location. I know Reinforced Chinese Stealth Armor has one to locate the bunker where it's located. (I think, it's that or the other Chinese Armor mod), AG Uniques is basically a gun scavenger hunt, NVInteriors adds a quest to find custom garden gnomes in hidden locations, and there's another mod that I can't remember the name of that's really just the gnome finding but with clues. There are also a few home mods that need quests to access (Underwater Hideout and Lombard Station come to mind). And, if you're able to stomach gameplay that consists of killing walls of meat, A World Of Pain adds little quests like "Kill Ghouls in a tunnel and get paid for every Ghoul ear you loot" (protip: Chainsaw+W+M1).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I wasted one of the LAER mods on a non-Elijah LAER, do they ever respawn in the sink's shop inventory? And if not, whyyyyyy? I tried to spawn one with the console command but I can't figure out the Form ID. :(

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
You need the base id to spawn one, they're on the wiki:

xx0155c4 for the Recycler (xx=the load order for Old World Blues, probably 03)

xx0155c3 for the prismatic lens

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Guessing what the xx is supposed to be is the problem.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Guessing what the xx is supposed to be is the problem.
xx is the loadorder position of the plugin (DLC/mod) which adds the form (in this case the LAER's weapon mod) you're trying to manipulate (read: add to your inventory) to the game. This is a hexadecimal value and starts at 00 with FalloutNV.esm. So the second plugin in your loadorder would be 01. And the 11th plugin 0A.
If you set your loadorder as recommended (DLCs at the top, sorted by release date) then OWB ought to be 03.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 13, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rearranging the load order and trying 03 worked. Thanks. :tipshat:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wrapper or Injector ENB? I'm using the 4GB loader.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Use the wrapper.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Elliotw2 posted:

Use the wrapper.

Done. And now to choose a preset. Any good ones people could recommend?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Played around with ENB. Killed my framerate and all the recommended presets plastered everything with blinding light. Instead, I'm using Imaginator and the FXAA Injector tool and I've made pretty much the same effect without a fraction of the performance drop.

Now, I'm looking for a way to spice up the NCR Legion conflict without using Warzones. I've got the NCR trooper overhaul, and I'm thinking of Caesar's new Regime for Legion, but I wonder if there are some more mods that add clashes between the two across the wasteland.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 19, 2016

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.

Lurdiak posted:

I wasted one of the LAER mods on a non-Elijah LAER, do they ever respawn in the sink's shop inventory? And if not, whyyyyyy? I tried to spawn one with the console command but I can't figure out the Form ID. :(

Came a bit late to this, but if you're using Weapon Mod Menu (which you really should be using anyway if you've installed any of Millenia's weapons), you can just use that to yank the weapon mods off.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Vlad Antlerkov posted:

Came a bit late to this, but if you're using Weapon Mod Menu (which you really should be using anyway if you've installed any of Millenia's weapons), you can just use that to yank the weapon mods off.

Alternatively, download the Weapon Mod Vending Machine. It will offer you mods for any currently equipped weapon. For a price, that is.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Trying a fresh install packed to the gills with mods of all sorts, and I have two questions.

1. How do I get Mod Organizer to start 4gb instead of just NVSE?

2. Is there any particular reason why F:NV would just straight up refuse to start a New Game? I hit New Game, it asks if I'm sure because it'll overwrite my autosave, and when I click Yes nothing happens. It does this even when I have everything turned off in MO. I've tried verifying my cache. Haven't tried reinstalling yet because I don't want to spend all of that time downloading it again.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Internet Wizard posted:

1. How do I get Mod Organizer to start 4gb instead of just NVSE?

http://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas#Extenders

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Okay so I reinstalled, got 4gb working, and then tried activating just a couple of mods at a time to see what messed up my ability to start a new game. Turned on Archive Invalidation, YUP, and Project Nevada, started the game, couldn't start a new game. Turned them back off, still couldn't. Verified my cache, and there was a file missing. Tried starting without mods active, still not working. Verified twice in a row without starting up the game, downloaded a missing file each time. How can a file be missing twice in a row when all I did was verify again? It is a mystery.

Reinstalling again, not sure what's even going on kinda thinking of giving up on MO.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Internet Wizard posted:

Okay so I reinstalled, got 4gb working, and then tried activating just a couple of mods at a time to see what messed up my ability to start a new game. Turned on Archive Invalidation, YUP, and Project Nevada, started the game, couldn't start a new game. Turned them back off, still couldn't. Verified my cache, and there was a file missing. Tried starting without mods active, still not working. Verified twice in a row without starting up the game, downloaded a missing file each time. How can a file be missing twice in a row when all I did was verify again? It is a mystery.

Reinstalling again, not sure what's even going on kinda thinking of giving up on MO.

It's not going to be Mod Organizer doing that. Did you check getnvseversion on the main menu? If it isn't installed properly it can ctd.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

It's not going to be Mod Organizer doing that. Did you check getnvseversion on the main menu? If it isn't installed properly it can ctd.

Yeah NVSE is working properly. I'm not getting ctd, anyways. It's just deciding not to start a new game. I can load a game just fine.

Also, booting the game directly from Steam works just fine, no issues. Booting any version of the game from MO gives me this problem, where telling it to start a new game just doesn't do anything. I can launch 4gb, NVSE, or just regular the vanilla .exe from MO and all of them behave this way.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Not sure what it is then. I'm having my own trouble, if someone else could help. Using MO, I'm using WMX and the compatibility patches for EVE. Recently, some of my guns are refusing to let me mod them using the Weapon Mod Menu, or they will only show one or two of the mods when there should be three. So far the most consistent culprits appear to be the preorder pack weapons.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Arcsquad: Increased Wasteland Spawns will do this. Just make sure to load it up in FNVedit and revert the change it makes that makes wandering merchants and the legion BFFs, because that'll make merchants attack you.

Internet Wizard: the file that is "missing" is the original ini file, because you alter it when making your settings.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Agents are GO! posted:

Arcsquad: Increased Wasteland Spawns will do this. Just make sure to load it up in FNVedit and revert the change it makes that makes wandering merchants and the legion BFFs, because that'll make merchants attack you.

Yeah, that doesn't really help me at all considering I don't have Increased Wasteland Spawns installed.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Not sure what it is then. I'm having my own trouble, if someone else could help. Using MO, I'm using WMX and the compatibility patches for EVE. Recently, some of my guns are refusing to let me mod them using the Weapon Mod Menu
Grab FNVEdit and have it process your loadorder. Check the entries for the affected weapons and see if your have other mods that override WMX.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

Yeah, that doesn't really help me at all considering I don't have Increased Wasteland Spawns installed.

... You asked if there was a way to make it so the wasteland was more like a battlefield, I recommended a mod to make it that way. Is there some reason you couldn't install it?

Edit: looking back, I think you thought I was answering a different question. I was responding to this:

quote:

Now, I'm looking for a way to spice up the NCR Legion conflict without using Warzones. I've got the NCR trooper overhaul, and I'm thinking of Caesar's new Regime for Legion, but I wonder if there are some more mods that add clashes between the two across the wasteland.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Mar 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Agents are GO! posted:

... You asked if there was a way to make it so the wasteland was more like a battlefield, I recommended a mod to make it that way. Is there some reason you couldn't install it?

Edit: looking back, I think you thought I was answering a different question. I was responding to this:

Oh, right, that one. Woops. Yeah, I decided to just go with Caesar's New Regime for that, as well as a mod that adds more Legion encampments. Sorry, got my wires crossed.