Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
herhehejhrekjashsd
Mar 7, 2016

by zen death robot
:p purple jew

really? LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
you make a lot of good points

herhehejhrekjashsd
Mar 7, 2016

by zen death robot
well they were quicker than us this time but i still ran around slightly quicker :-D

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

I'm fascinated by otherkin ... kind of like when you drive past a road traffic accident you just want to look but it scars you slightly

When was the last time we had an otherkin thread?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I would personally vote for Hitler if it meant I got to see Fursuiters behind the bars of Auschwitz.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Johnny Aztec posted:

I would personally vote for Hitler if it meant I got to see Fursuiters behind the bars of Auschwitz.

first they came for the fursuiters....

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
sanders will make anime real but trump will build a wall to keep the furries out

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Screaming Idiot posted:

sanders will make anime real but trump will build a wall to keep the furries out

Pretty sure trump's hair morphs into his fursuit.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

String Beans posted:

Pretty sure trump's hair morphs into his fursuit.

typical liberal slander

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
How is this not mental illness? How is this just a "quirky hobby" to some people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxdrY7veerc
those are adults, man and they take it 1000% seriously

"i am a magic dog/whatever cartoon, watch me get on my knees and squeak"

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

You have a civic duty to buy Star Citizen and spend every waking hour hunting these people down and blowing them out of the sky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blPpnnSOiwk

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

How is this not mental illness? How is this just a "quirky hobby" to some people

"We don't wanna gently caress animals furries are just anthromorphs"

*gets on all fours and barks*

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

lol holy poo poo i need to see this movie.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

error1 posted:

You have a civic duty to buy Star Citizen and spend every waking hour hunting these people down and blowing them out of the sky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blPpnnSOiwk

but the game isnt real so that wont happen. Unless you want to RP it on the forums with them.

Also hello honeypot thread. Did we get any yet?

Gavitron
Sep 11, 2001

One of the downsides of being special is that you feel out of place wherever you go.
Pillbug
For the latest Star Wars release, theatres said that they "will not allow audience members with costumes that cover their faces or hide their identity". I wonder if that ban will extend to furries showing up in costume for screenings of zootropics, or whatever this terrible furry recruitment film is called.

Edit, forgot the quote source;
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Wars-Theaters-Putting-Strict-Restrictions-Fans-Wearing-Costumes-Force-Awakens-90577.html

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
God drat nothing makes me lol more than loser con disasters. seeing these abject failures of human beings congregate in a chaotic swarm of social incompetent, leaving a trail of destruction in their wake, in a desperate attempt to seek acceptance from their fellow unaccepted... literally makes me glad to be alive. a part of me wants to be notified of these disasters ahead of time so i can witness them first hand with a full documentary crew so I can be the david attenborough of sperg gatherings.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

Zzulu posted:

Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-AJ9d6A2Yk

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dreezy posted:

God drat nothing makes me lol more than loser con disasters. seeing these abject failures of human beings congregate in a chaotic swarm of social incompetent, leaving a trail of destruction in their wake, in a desperate attempt to seek acceptance from their fellow unaccepted... literally makes me glad to be alive. a part of me wants to be notified of these disasters ahead of time so i can witness them first hand with a full documentary crew so I can be the david attenborough of sperg gatherings.
oh man do i have a disaster for you: DashCon

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

dreezy posted:

would you say it's a fetish

because the abyss stares back

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

symbolic posted:

you say that like I didn't yank myself off to the sad nerds in the ballpit.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Screaming Idiot posted:

would you say it's a fetish

because the abyss stares back

see above.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

dreezy posted:

see above.

i respect a man willing to stand by his belief and i wish you the messiest and most satisfying of jerks to these pathetic subhumans

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

symbolic posted:

There was also the My Little Pony convention where the organizers took all the proceeds, didnt pay the hotel, and probably fled to mexico.

http://www.dailydot.com/news/lasPegasus-unicon-tara-strong-fail/

I think it cause Tara Strong, one of the voice actresses, to quit doing conventions all together.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

VendaGoat posted:

as soon as some willing anthropologist embeds themselves in a furry meet? :shrug:

Are you volunteering?

Surprisingly, there are several peer reviewed anthropology papers about furries.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Surprisingly, there are several peer reviewed anthropology papers about furries.

Oh please post a link.

Zzulu posted:

It's Good for my local economy :shrug:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

VendaGoat posted:

Oh please post a link.

It's Good for my local economy :shrug:

http://hsw.oxfordjournals.org/content/40/2/e42.full First one that popped up.

quote:

Furries, self-identified fans of anthropomorphism, report feeling significant social stigma. As a result, furries rarely reveal their furry identity to mental health professionals, for fear of judgment or disapproval. Improving health practitioners' familiarity with the furry identity may improve the quality of care for furries seeking treatment for unrelated conditions. Six focus groups were conducted over three days at a furry convention in the Midwest United States to study the furry identity (59 self-identified furries ages 18 to 41). The authors define and describe the demographics of important distinctions within the furry community and discuss the furry identity and liken it to sexual orientation, noting that the stigma furries face—worsened by media that exaggerate fringe and rare behaviors—has made it challenging for furries to live authentically for fear of ostracism, violence, and discrimination. These factors have resulted in furries' reluctance to disclose their identities. Highlighting communication challenges, the authors discuss strategies for health professionals to engage with furries in a clinical setting and to uphold unconditional positive regard.

I am supposed to be writing a paper, though, so I didn't bother looking at much.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Tiberius Thyben posted:

http://hsw.oxfordjournals.org/content/40/2/e42.full First one that popped up.

I am supposed to be writing a paper, though, so I didn't bother looking at much.

Aw, it requires a subscription :(

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

Aw, it requires a subscription :(

Does that russian pirate journal site have it?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Microwaves Mom posted:

but the game isnt real so that wont happen. Unless you want to RP it on the forums with them.

Also hello honeypot thread. Did we get any yet?

The last three pages is filled with people talking about their furry friends, how they want to party with furries, there was at least some dude with a yiffy star talking about them so yeah

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

The last three pages is filled with people talking about their furry friends, how they want to party with furries, there was at least some dude with a yiffy star talking about them so yeah

I like how they think saying that the furry is their friend somehow qualifies the furry as being a "relatively" normal person instead of it demonstrating that they are in fact just hosed up people with hosed up friends

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
how well would a fursuit not defend against a paintball gun

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
looks like this fuury convention poo poo goes on in the uk too

http://2016.confuzzled.org.uk/2015/09/countdown-to-registration/

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Under code of conduct

quote:

CLOTHING AND DECENCY
Wearing, displaying or trading costumes, accessories or other items made out of real fur is strictly forbidden.
Nudity and suggestive clothing (or lack thereof) is not considered appropriate in public.
Sexual behaviour that goes beyond a mere display of affection is not allowed in public.
Display of any sign, symbol or clothing that is commonly associated with any organization, party or political ideology likely to offend other guests is not permitted.
Display of adult-themed materials is not permitted in public areas of the hotel. This includes (but is not limited to): room signs, flyers, business cards, posters and drawings on public message boards.
Blatant exposure of fetish gear is not permitted in public, even if it is part of a costume.
The definition of “adult themed” materials is the equivalent of what you can see on the magazine covers at an average newsagent. Drawing the line for “fetish gear” is much harder, and the issue will always be highly subjective.

For example; There are a few things that we definitely do not want to see in public:

No inflatable costumes
No visibly “anatomically correct” costumes – wear clothes!
No costumes or accessories commonly associated with age-play, pet-play, bondage or sadomasochism.
On the other hand, the following items are usually considered okay:

Collars without a leash attached
Leather wristbands, without “D-Ring“
Accessories used in an “innocent” context, such as a dog harness that is part of a sled dog costume.
We may take the liberty to allow individual exceptions from the “fetish gear” rules if your outfit is exceptionally discreet, tasteful and/or good looking – but please don’t count on it. If in doubt, ask!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Under code of conduct
every single one of these stipulations will be broken

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I don't know what a "D-Ring" is, and I thank our lord, Jesus christ, for that fact.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Johnny Aztec posted:

I don't know what a "D-Ring" is, and I thank our lord, Jesus christ, for that fact.
i think it's just a clip that you can use for bondage by linking someone's wrists together or something

also god is dead

namaste

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Microwaves Mom posted:

lol holy poo poo i need to see this movie.

its a really really good movie

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

SirEvelynTremble posted:

We may take the liberty to allow individual exceptions from the “fetish gear” rules if your outfit is exceptionally discreet, tasteful and/or good looking – but please don’t count on it. If in doubt, ask!

If you're hot(lol, as if), and have my fetish you can do whatever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Furry movies everywhere.

• Locked thread