Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Trying, rather. Y my phone is dying from the forums today idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Amoeba102 posted:

It's an implicit read rather than an explicit one, I'll give you that.

So it's a meta read? I haven't read any past games here, so I am just going off of posts in this game. The way you approached it as a way to just fake some interaction by going "well I don't like his style posting, but I really can't lynch him because he's a claimed PR..... so I will tell the thread that instead of just coming up with a read and a vote".

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kashuno posted:

Trying, rather. Y my phone is dying from the forums today idk

rather die than suffer your dishonourably grubby touch

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

Counterclaim it yourself then you can vote for them

Sound plan.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Hi kordansk, while you are here please say whether you are a Power or Backup.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

What's hilarious is that even if a cornered scum was getting votes and they claimed jailor, everyone would vote me first, not even caring that I claimed it first

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
If you are spending more time worrying about the claims/mass claims than casing and reading people, you aren't helping town at all. The last 5 pages are a giant obfuscation of posts now because it's just a bunch of arguing about WIFOM that could be done in the mafia discussion thread about the viability of it, or you could just model out what happens in a spreadsheet. Case scum, lynch scum.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

kordansk posted:

If you are spending more time worrying about the claims/mass claims than casing and reading people, you aren't helping town at all. The last 5 pages are a giant obfuscation of posts now because it's just a bunch of arguing about WIFOM that could be done in the mafia discussion thread about the viability of it, or you could just model out what happens in a spreadsheet. Case scum, lynch scum.

good idea

##vote kordansk

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

kordansk posted:

So it's a meta read? I haven't read any past games here, so I am just going off of posts in this game. The way you approached it as a way to just fake some interaction by going "well I don't like his style posting, but I really can't lynch him because he's a claimed PR..... so I will tell the thread that instead of just coming up with a read and a vote".

No I mean, me saying "I'd vote for KK" is implying that my only suspicion based on play would be KK, but I discount voting for him due to the setup and state of the game making it a very poor vote to make. It may not be related in a concise post, but I am a bit forlorn about this, frustrated a little bit even.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

kordansk posted:

welcome to the thread. Isn't this game fun?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

kordansk posted:

Most of the information is out there. Enough of it that scum has an advantage over town right now unless we finish the process, since we are giving them extra cracks to hide in. The sooner we get through this, the sooner we can get back to the pure mafia that some of you so crave. Are you a power role or a backup? Or?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

you are a coward human guilty of the sin of no imagination. i sentence you to death. no stay of execution.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
I like closed games a lot more than C9++ or other open setups because it ends up turning into a math game which usually is heavily distracting from actually finding scum.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Khris Kruel posted:

What's hilarious is that even if a cornered scum was getting votes and they claimed jailor, everyone would vote me first, not even caring that I claimed it first
You seem nervous.

Why would a hypothetical "cornered Scum getting votes" choose Jailer to fakeclaim? If you got lynched and flipped Jailer they would still be doomed. If you were Jailer, any other fakeclaim would give them better advantage.

Maybe you were "just kidding" when you made that claim? If you want to say that, better now than later.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

so kordansk, what does it feel like to be voted for just because you want to play mafia?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

kordansk posted:

I like closed games a lot more than C9++ or other open setups because it ends up turning into a math game which usually is heavily distracting from actually finding scum.
That's a really Scummy post. Why are you foot-dragging?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Lumpen posted:

You seem nervous.

Why would a hypothetical "cornered Scum getting votes" choose Jailer to fakeclaim? If you got lynched and flipped Jailer they would still be doomed. If you were Jailer, any other fakeclaim would give them better advantage.

Maybe you were "just kidding" when you made that claim? If you want to say that, better now than later.

with how everyone wants to lynch me, I'd fakeclaim jailor if I was cornered scum at this point. It'd be a 1 for 1 trade

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

so kordansk, what does it feel like to be voted for just because you want to play mafia?

Doesn't bother me.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

we all know deep in our hearts that if there was 6 power claims, Lumpen is the scum among the power roles

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Khris Kruel posted:

with how everyone wants to lynch me, I'd fakeclaim jailor if I was cornered scum at this point. It'd be a 1 for 1 trade
Right now a cornered Scum has more incentive to fakeclaim Bulletproof Miller, wouldn't you say?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
kordansk

it's so obvious

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Right now a cornered Scum has more incentive to fakeclaim Bulletproof Miller, wouldn't you say?

no?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

That's a really Scummy post. Why are you foot-dragging?

I'm not foot dragging. Also, calling a post scummy because it disagrees with your premise of claiming is not scummy, it's just disagreement. Throwing that word around makes me think you really don't understand what scummy means or you just want to subtlety discredit me.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

kordansk

it's so obvious

:drat:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

kordansk posted:

I'm not foot dragging. Also, calling a post scummy because it disagrees with your premise of claiming is not scummy, it's just disagreement. Throwing that word around makes me think you really don't understand what scummy means or you just want to subtlety discredit me.

:rekt:

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

good idea

##vote kordansk

YEAH! Now we're talking

##vote kordansk

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

blackcross posted:

YEAH! Now we're talking

##vote kordansk

seriously? A bandwagon vote?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol whats happening

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005

blackcross posted:

Also, if someone wants to kill either me or kordansk, that'd be cool because I can't tell us apart.
I'm working on making this a reality. Either way my vote goes win/win for me!

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

people are voting kordansk because he doesn't want a mass claim

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JakeP posted:

lol whats happening

love is bloomign on the battlefield

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Why would you take Bird or Blacks votes seriously?

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005

Amoeba102 posted:

Why would you take Bird or Blacks votes seriously?

I'm dead serious.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

kordansk posted:

I am not "subtly discrediting" you, I am explicitly calling you out on bullshit. Given the current state of claims, refusing to join the mass softclaim is antiTown, as KB explained, and I will support lynching you if you're a holdout.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
you don't even have to full claim you just have to let us know if you're a curry or an iguodala

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This game is bad

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

blackcross posted:

I'm dead serious.

About which reason? That you both have the newbie avatar?

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005

Lumpen posted:

I am not "subtly discrediting" you, I am explicitly calling you out on bullshit. Given the current state of claims, refusing to join the mass softclaim is antiTown, as KB explained, and I will support lynching you if you're a holdout.

Do it do it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Scum please claim honesty for me thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005

Amoeba102 posted:

About which reason? That you both have the newbie avatar?
Yeah.

However, since you guys are fighting the good fight, if this game turns back into actual Mafia, I will start actually playing.

• Locked thread