Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pretty sure Trianna ain't coming back. Pretty sure hammer's ex wife voiced her so yeah. The whole her walking out on Dean is pretty much her conclusion/arc to this series.

I hope Dr. O comes back next season though.

edit: There is no way Monarch or Dr. Mrs. Monarch are gonna get killed off. Worst comes to worst, a divorce/ Monarch going solo.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

My pet prediction is that Dr. Mrs. The Monarch is going to run afoul of The Monarch's plan and he's going to accidentally off his own wife.

Like, it's a 1000000 to 1 chance of them doing it, but there's this nagging feeling...

I'm kind of thinking that as well...but I don't want it to happen, because it'll turn Monarch into something...serious.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure if anyone pointed it out but it's nice Gary got the big computer working.

Also I scanned last week's episode for this blue haired girl that was brought up and man how did you people even notice that, no less think it was important?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Shindragon posted:

Pretty sure Trianna ain't coming back. Pretty sure hammer's ex wife voiced her so yeah. The whole her walking out on Dean is pretty much her conclusion/arc to this series.

Trianna was in the series long after the divorce. Hammer and his ex are on good terms.

Storywise I don't see a point to bringing her back as that conclusion was a high point of the entire show.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Not a Children posted:

I can't believe they used the DOOM logo for this week's T-shirt instead of the Blue Morpho WANTED poster.

I'm just bummed it's a white t-shirt. Those never last, am I right, goons?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

Storywise I don't see a point to bringing her back as that conclusion was a high point of the entire show.

I think she could still play a useful role in a "Dr. Orpheus deals with the fact that his pumpkin is a grown up magic user" story, or even in a chance meeting between her and Dean in NY to show how far he's come since they had their falling out. I wouldn't say it's likely, but I also thought Henchman One was as good as dead after his first encounter with Brock.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Venturion/Vendata/Blue Morpho?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Mokinokaro posted:

Trianna was in the series long after the divorce. Hammer and his ex are on good terms.

Ah my mistake. Did not know that. But yeah I don't see her coming back, plus I would rather Dean not because it's actually doing better now that she is out of the picture.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

WarpedLichen posted:

What a good episode. Quizboy as legless hobo had me rolling.

He was in the same costume that Eddie Murphy wore at the beginning of Trading Places.

This show is getting up to MST3K levels of cultural references per minute.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Daisy Mae Yokum! I'm pretty sure she's the inspiration for Dr. Mrs. The Morpho's farm girl character. From Lil' Abner.

I just watched the episode again, and I noticed Plugface in the crowd at the Happening.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch called Blue Morpho a fuckboi! :toot:

EDIT: At the end of the ep how did the Guild know that it was the Blue Morpho who blew up the Doom Factory unless Venture called it in?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Wide Wale had bugged the venture building. That never got cleared up, maybe they're still spying.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I don't want Dean to pine after Trianna again but it'd be nice to see her just to see how far he's come since they last met. You know, show his character growth.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Monarch is like an Inspector Clouseau of supervillain murder

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

LividLiquid posted:

Venturion/Vendata/Blue Morpho?

Makes sense to me. Nobody seems to know or care what's happened to him since that night at the club and we didn't see the body get dropped out of a heli-carrier at 39,000 feet. Also, it would tie the season together if he dropped into the Monarch's life like a cup of scalding hot responsibility.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Arm_Fruit posted:

EDIT: At the end of the ep how did the Guild know that it was the Blue Morpho who blew up the Doom Factory unless Venture called it in?

I don't think it's a matter of them knowing exactly who blew up as much as connecting the following dots:

Dr. Mrs. The Monarch suspects Dr. Venture of being Blue Morpho and warns the Council of Thirteen ----> They ignore her and allow the planned arching of Venture by Doom Factory to go ahead as scheduled ---> Doom Factory does so, then proceeds to have their flying lair explode as they leave Ventech Tower.

Even if Wide Wale himself wasn't in his tower to catch it, he definitely has the surveillance and influence to know about anything that big within a few minutes of it happening. The guy is like THE living embodiment of The Guild's New York chapter.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
"We'll know how cool we were." is peak Venture Bros.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Even if they didn't catch it on surveillance at all, it's pretty clear what's going on as far as the Guild is concerned.

1. Harangutan goes to arch Venture. Result: dies on Venture property at the hands of a masked avenger whose visible features resemble Dr. Venture.
2. Think Tank goes to arch Venture. Result: dies on Venture property at around the same time that Blue Morpho's car flies over Venture's penthouse.
3. The GCI is warned that Venture is killing arches. They ignore the warning and give The Doom Factory the go-ahead for a night of arching. Result: they die as they leave Venture's property.

Now, it doesn't matter who saw what. That the Doom Factory arched Venture isn't in dispute, and that they all vanished right about the same time that there was a huge explosion just a few hundred yards from Ven-Tech Tower (or whatever) also isn't in dispute. Factor in the age old adage that 1 + 1 = 2, and yeah, the Guild undoubtedly assumes it was Venture.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I kinda half-hope Dr Mrs The Monarch ends up unknowingly arching her own husband, and half hope she discovers the truth and it becomes another of their roleplay scenarios, and I fully hope it somehow becomes both.

MrSlam posted:

that pets talk to each other when we're not listening

Amen, Hank, amen.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

tarlibone posted:

Even if they didn't catch it on surveillance at all, it's pretty clear what's going on as far as the Guild is concerned.

1. Harangutan goes to arch Venture. Result: dies on Venture property at the hands of a masked avenger whose visible features resemble Dr. Venture.
2. Think Tank goes to arch Venture. Result: dies on Venture property at around the same time that Blue Morpho's car flies over Venture's penthouse.
3. The GCI is warned that Venture is killing arches. They ignore the warning and give The Doom Factory the go-ahead for a night of arching. Result: they die as they leave Venture's property.

Now, it doesn't matter who saw what. That the Doom Factory arched Venture isn't in dispute, and that they all vanished right about the same time that there was a huge explosion just a few hundred yards from Ven-Tech Tower (or whatever) also isn't in dispute. Factor in the age old adage that 1 + 1 = 2, and yeah, the Guild undoubtedly assumes it was Venture.

The neat thing is that a common enemy is likely going to unite the Guild, and set the stage for a huge Guild vs. the Venture family showdown.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
With Doc constantly saying "Why can't you just leave me alone?"

IshmaelNemo
May 14, 2013
Seafaring magician.

Djarum posted:

Ultra Violet is of course Ultra Violet.

Ultra Violent, I think.

tarlibone posted:

I think the neatest thing in the episode is how Hank did the typical cartoon teenage boy on a date thing--he had his friends do stuff so he'd look heroic--and instead of ignoring the obvious shenanigans and plot holes, they went with it. Sirena did indeed notice what any normal person would notice, even pointing out that one of the attackers was always an albino, and she thought that it was cute that Hank was into her so much that he got his friends to dress up and do skits.

Just watched it again, and Sirena says "Four different albinos." Guess the costumes worked, sort of.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
She was being sarcastic. She knew it was the same people every time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

IshmaelNemo posted:

Just watched it again, and Sirena says "Four different albinos." Guess the costumes worked, sort of.

She was making the point that it was obviously the same friend in different outfits, and that Hank had thought she wouldn't notice that "four" of the people who accosted them happened to be an albino.

IshmaelNemo
May 14, 2013
Seafaring magician.
Ah, my mistake then.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Not much to add this episode except that while every else is a 1:1 parody of the Legion of Doom, Bumblebee of all people gets a call out. Honestly surprised they didn't go with The Wasp given that she is a fashion designer.

What I really want to talk about is plugman because god bless you plugman , you just keep plugging along in the background.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Arm_Fruit posted:

You can see the penthouse from the Trump hotel

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I love that Hank's little bit about Lee Harvey Oswald is based on an actual conspiracy theory

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The doom factory is really hilarious.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I guess they didn't put much effort into the TF2 sequence. None of that makes any sense. Vatred says they are on the same team but Doc is clearly on the red team and Vatred is on the blue team. Vatred isn't very good because there's 24 seconds left and he hasn't even moved the cart to the objective. Then when Vatred dies, it says semisphere4 kills AdamModiano.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198119742628

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048920204

They were both last online 105 days ago.

Edit: Adam Modiano is some guy that works for Adult Swim.

https://twitter.com/AdamModiano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBfdl6hNZ9k

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 8, 2016

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011

Consummate Professional posted:

The doom factory iswas really hilarious.

RIP

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Cojawfee posted:

I guess they didn't put much effort into the TF2 sequence.

Why would they? Besides it would totally be like Rusty and Vatered to not know how TF2 works. I mean crying loud Rusty was playing Oregon trail to cover up as simulation in order to get results to reverse mutation. :v:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 8, 2016

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Stupid theory: Dr. Mrs discovers that the Monarch is Blue Morpho, and uses some Guild law to get him off the hook. Monarch eventually gets bumped up to a level 10 and is given arching rights to Rusty, but only as the Blue Morpho, not as the Monarch, much to his displeasure.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Mylan posted:

Stupid theory: Dr. Mrs discovers that the Monarch is Blue Morpho, and uses some Guild law to get him off the hook. Monarch eventually gets bumped up to a level 10 and is given arching rights to Rusty, but only as the Blue Morpho, not as the Monarch, much to his displeasure.

Malcolm loves being the Blue Morpho tho.

Tipping DMTM finds out about Blue Morpho is in the episode 8 stinger

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
link because its like 25 mb, but its the TF2 for ya'll to argue about

http://i.imgur.com/LEf7izj.gif

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Duuuude!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I bet Rusty and the Monarch will end up in an alliance of convenience, and hating it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Get the feeling Warhol was probably a big thing for Hammer at some point in his life so this episode was probably a treat for him to do.

Also Nathan Fillion voiced Brown Widow.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Malcolm loves being the Blue Morpho tho.

Tipping DMTM finds out about Blue Morpho is in the episode 8 stinger

I missed the stinger, is it online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Crotch Bat posted:

Also Nathan Fillion voiced Brown Widow.

For many years now!