Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

what does the godfather investigate as?

Typically Town in previous games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

kordansk posted:

Typically Town in previous games.

well then one of our "millers" will investigate town

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Role block can only prevent targeted powers (as opposed to passive BP).

The godfather is both permanently bulletproof and will investigate LOYAL. This means the SK cannot night kill him. The only exception is if he is forced to do the scum NK himself, in which case he loses both of those powers, but only for that night.

Hope this clears it up.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Friction.123 posted:

Role block can only prevent targeted powers.

The godfather is both permanently bulletproof and will investigate LOYAL. This means the SK cannot night kill him. The only exception is if he is forced to do the scum NK himself, in which case he loses both of those powers, but only for that night.

Hope this clears it up.

thanks bro :long5minutehandshake:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

is the SK investigation immune?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Khris Kruel posted:

what does the godfather investigate as?

the OP posted:

Scum BP Godfather Central Officer Bradford "

Even after the failure of the first XCOM, you never gave up hope. Now, your every day is another chance to find the Commander and take back the planet from the alien scum. You and your team have been presented with a juicy target deep in the heart of an Advent city, and you'll be damned if you're going to let this opportunity slip. These rookies may not have the same experience and training as you do, but your own ability as a ground commander should prove more than enough.

You are Central Officer Bradford. You cannot be killed at night, and will investigate as LOYAL. If you choose to make the scum kill yourself, you will lose both of these powers for the night.

You win when XCOM has complete control over the area of operations, and controls the vote."

That's what Godfather means.

Khris Kruel posted:

well then one of our "millers" will investigate town
Where did you even get the idea that fakeclaiming Miller would be something the Scum BP Godfather would do? That would be a bad fakeclaim to make.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I agree, voting for a backup is best. One of Tommunist/Chaoslord has to be a power, right or did I mess up counting. Maybe leave them alone and get a back up. I suggest you all vote with me.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Lumpen posted:

That's what Godfather means.

Where did you even get the idea that fakeclaiming Miller would be something the Scum BP Godfather would do? That would be a bad fakeclaim to make.

yeah I guess. I guess I had it in my mind they were exactly like the BP miller

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Amoeba102 posted:

I agree, voting for a backup is best. One of Tommunist/Chaoslord has to be a power, right or did I mess up counting. Maybe leave them alone and get a back up. I suggest you all vote with me.

All powers are accounted for.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Khris Kruel posted:

The SK is not investigation immune.

If anyone has any further rules questions, please PM me so I can answer them out of the thread.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

we should probably kill someone that doesn't want to die. Just sayin'

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Friction.123 posted:

The SK is not investigation immune.

If anyone has any further rules questions, please PM me so I can answer them out of the thread.

thx bro :5minutelongfistbump:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

theoretically.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

Ah, I went back and checked lumpen's coloured list, he had Birdie as a backup so I saw 5 green, and we have atleast 1 liar. That's what got me.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

it'd actually be dumb to roleclaim backup if tommunist or chaoslord are scum at this point

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

theoretically.

No. They absolutely are.

Could they be countered? Yes.

But they are accounted for.

Stop being contrary just to be contrary. :)

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Khris Kruel posted:

The SK can be Copped and comes back as NOT LOYAL. If the SK attacks a Doc-protected or Jailed target, the Doc or Jailer gets "success" but the kill happens (which tips them off that the kill was performed by the SK). If a Jailer or Roleblocker targets the SK, they get the message "your action failed", which can indicate that they may have just found the SK (depending on what other roles are still alive/claimed actions/etc.)

It's all in the OP.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Lumpen posted:

It's all in the OP.

no it's not

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm vanilla scum power backup

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
My interests include lying, long walks on the beach, and scum claiming.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Khris Kruel posted:

no it's not
Look again.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

so assuming two kills tonight, that will be two activated backups. It'd be incredibly dumb for the sk and scum to kill backups, imo, you never know what they'll do. If we kill one today, that's 7 tomorrow (assuming tom and chaos are backups).

We also have a chance of stopping the scum nk. The scum and SK could target the same person. They could do a poison attack as well.

honestly I don't think the scum have a chance in a mass claim

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Kashuno posted:

gently caress you idiots i'm a loving backup so go ahead and loving lynch me.

Kashuno posted:

i am actually the miller ##vote BS

Kashuno posted:

yeah I'm actually a backup nice omgus bs guess you're not so sure of your counter claim eh?

Kashuno posted:

I'm vanilla scum power backup

Kashuno, are you in the same game as us?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

assuming perfect kill coverage, that's 10 nk's to clear out the power roles. That will activate four backups...and we will lynch 5 times.

We have a really good chance of killing the sk in those 5 days, and we have two roles that could block the scum nk, and there's possible sk and scum double kill.

yeah the scum is hosed

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

kordansk posted:

Kashuno, are you in the same game as us?

Hell? Yes I am in hell

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Khris Kruel posted:

assuming perfect kill coverage, that's 10 nk's to clear out the power roles. That will activate four backups...and we will lynch 5 times.

We have a really good chance of killing the sk in those 5 days, and we have two roles that could block the scum nk, and there's possible sk and scum double kill.

yeah the scum is hosed

Lol you haven't played this setup before have you

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I mean I guess a scum could roleclaim they got activated or something. What are you talking about

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

He sure acts like he has it all figured out, despite not having apparently read the OP.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

enlighten me bitches

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Lumpen posted:

He sure acts like he has it all figured out, despite not having apparently read the OP.

you're just pissed that you didn't think about not killing the millers first.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Khris Kruel posted:

enlighten me bitches
For maximum enlightenment, read [MAFIA] Battlestar Galactica II: Bastille Day, and for a quicker read, the Scumdoc of that game, which is pretty much a hashed-out masterclass of the ins and outs of this setup.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dunno how you guys aren't voting bird strike, the guy who is so lacking in confidence for his counterclaim he immediately went to vote someone else and hasn't gone back to that. It's fake as gently caress

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Lumpen posted:

For maximum enlightenment, read [MAFIA] Battlestar Galactica II: Bastille Day, and for a quicker read, the Scumdoc of that game, which is pretty much a hashed-out masterclass of the ins and outs of this setup.

no gently caress you. My theory is mathematically sound, so explain the holes

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

Dunno how you guys aren't voting bird strike, the guy who is so lacking in confidence for his counterclaim he immediately went to vote someone else and hasn't gone back to that. It's fake as gently caress
I also dislike that he claimed Backup, then Power, then counterclaimed Miller.... those breadcrumbs tho...

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Kashuno posted:

The only thing I have in birdstrike's favor is that aether or whatever the gently caress their name is disappeared immediately. It feels like they were told to do it in the scum doc or some poo poo

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Khris Kruel posted:

no gently caress you. My theory is mathematically sound, so explain the holes
Let's just see what happens. I think you'll be surprised at the things you are overlooking. It will be a NAILBITER™, I guarantee it.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

but yeah I agree if we had to make a decision right now I'd kill birdstrike

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Let's just see what happens. I think you'll be surprised at the things you are overlooking. It will be a NAILBITER™, I guarantee it.

how about you go gently caress yourself you piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop