Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I don't necessarily dislike the direction they took with the ghosts, but I do feel they have a stronger physical presence than in the originals, and it's kind of weird for the concept of ghosts to give off the idea of a "strong physical presence." Of course, the original movies had entities of all kinds with varying forms of physicality, but from the trailers for the new movie, the vibe I get is that ALL the ghosts have the same prominence to them. It's mostly due to the intense lighting and the deep colors.

It's a choice I'd need to see in the context of the entire movie to tell how if it really bothers me or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

I felt a great disturbance in CD

Really? I have not yet looked for myself, but this is truly terrible

The thing is the reboot is poo poo. I was crossing my fingers that maybe they'd at least nail the tone right.

Instead they made a lovely PG-13 comedy that they slapped the IP onto from everything it appears to be. For gently caress's sake, they are making retread Exorcist jokes like every lovely comedy has for years. The original series would have never done something that... obvious. This movie looks so loving lovely; the effects look lovely, the characters look lovely, the story looks regurgitated, the production values look lovely... and I'm sure it'll look even shittier in action.

The only people who won't give this a rotten rating on RT are those who actually buy the "Oh you hate it because they're all women!" bullshit defense I've seen repeatedly. No, I don't. Fact is if you took them all out of the trailer and brought back the ENTIRE original cast in their prime, even those who have passed, and made them re-enact the whole thing I'd be feeling bad for Bill Murray to be in such a lovely cash-in reboot. This makes Robocop look good.

Well, I think it looks fantastic and TBQH I've started using people's reaction to this movie as a barometer as to wether their a lovely person with MRA tendencies or not

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Well, I think it looks fantastic and TBQH I've started using people's reaction to this movie as a barometer as to wether their a lovely person with MRA tendencies or not

My worst fear :ohdear:

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

it looks fantastic

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Timby posted:

It just strikes me as patently absurd to assume that the guy either responsible or involved with some of the best and most memorable comedic works of the past decade and a half or so, a guy who turned down Sony's invitation to do the project in the first place before coming up with an idea, is just doing a soulless find-replace gender swap on the original movie. Feig isn't a studio hack.

Oh HELL yes, as soon as I saw PF was working on this I was sold. Any other #feigheads pumped for this?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Oh HELL yes, as soon as I saw PF was working on this I was sold. Any other #feigheads pumped for this?

Oooh your real opinions are making me so mad!!

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Dude. We get it, you don't care for this movie. You've said your piece, now don't think it's time for the people who actually want to see the film discuss it?

On topic: Do those computer screens that say Dana Barett on them mean we can still have hope for a possible Signoruney Waver/ Rick Moranis cameo?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Dude. We get it, you don't care for this movie. You've said your piece, now don't think it's time for the people who actually want to see the film discuss it?

On topic: Do those computer screens that say Dana Barett on them mean we can still have hope for a possible Signoruney Waver/ Rick Moranis cameo?

Those are nothing but throwaway references; Weaver has been confirmed in, but not as Dana, and Moranis has declined to participate.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Timby posted:

It just strikes me as patently absurd to assume that the guy either responsible or involved with some of the best and most memorable comedic works of the past decade and a half or so, a

In what universe

Feig's movies are soulless garbage.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Those are nothing but throwaway references; Weaver has been confirmed in, but not as Dana, and Moranis has declined to participate.

I suppose that's to be expected since Moranis hasn't acted since the early 90s IIRC.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I suppose that's to be expected since Moranis hasn't acted since the early 90s IIRC.

His wife died and he retired from acting to raise his children and, at last report, doesn't really miss it or have any interest in getting back into it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

ImpAtom posted:

His wife died and he retired from acting to raise his children and, at last report, doesn't really miss it or have any interest in getting back into it.

Yep. He did a brief spot of voice work for some animated movie a while back but what was originally intended as a brief hiatus eventually became a semi-permanent retirement outside of occasional nostalgia bits for Canadian acts like Rush.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

that's amazing

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I use people's reaction to Pacific Rim to determine their opinion on nuclear power

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

ALFbrot posted:

Actually, there's a third option:

a. This movie is worth my time
b. I'd better skip this one
c. I'd better go make fun of anyone who thinks it might still be ok
My answer's b, but judging from some of the posts in this thread that's an unacceptable response.

e.g.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I've started to use this post to diagnose retardation.

E: Apologies to Mr. Clown for assuming the worst of him :-)

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 10, 2016

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What really burns me up is how definitely serious and not at all ironic Retarded_Clown is being.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Applewhite posted:

What really burns me up is how definitely serious and not at all ironic Retarded_Clown is being.
I dunno you posted about the same thing twice on this page so you do seem pretty mad, even though you're being a quirky irony guy.

Are there actions figures of the girls yet? I saw the ghost logo guy a few dozen pages ago but thats it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Cage posted:

I dunno you posted about the same thing twice on this page so you do seem pretty mad, even though you're being a quirky irony guy.

Are there actions figures of the girls yet? I saw the ghost logo guy a few dozen pages ago but thats it.

Why can't you get over your desire to objectify women?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I want to see Chris Hemsworth too.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Guys, it's just a movie.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

As both a pinball and ghostbusters fan, let me say, the Ghostbusters pinball looks pretty awesome.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/10/ghostbusters-pinball-machine-announced-by-stern-pinball

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

boom boom boom posted:

I use people's reaction to Pacific Rim to determine their opinion on nuclear power

I'm a big fan of analog nuclear power.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cage posted:

I am mad for real at R_C's definitely true sentiments.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this movie is mood slime

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Cage posted:

Dude's rationalizing his lovely hater argument by saying that if someone likes the film = it's obviously a joke, which is p. Stupid. He might wanna head back to the GBS GB thread since it's more of a hate than this one. Doubt he's going to "convert" anyone here anytime soon.

On topic: I have yet to see any toys shown so far, though I think I may have seen a few LEGO sets of the firehouse. That may be for the original though. I'm sure though that in the coming months plenty of merch will be available.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

retarded_clown taint reapin all y'all

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

I've watched the trailer like, five more times, and while I'm not super optimistic, I'm giving it a pass for the loving awesome theme song remix. Definitely gonna see it when it releases. Even if it sucks, it literally can't be worse than Battlefield Earth.

You filthy man-animals.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

He might wanna head back to the GBS GB thread since it's more of a hate than this one. Doubt he's going to "convert" anyone here anytime soon.

Yea this isn't something that's specific to Ghostbusters. Generally, in CineD, its frowned upon to poo poo all over a movie without having seen it. Of course, as we know, even then there can sometimes be backlash when someone expresses a negative opinion, but at a bare minimum you gotta watch the movie before anyone is going to take your opinion seriously.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Okay, I actually got a few laughs out of the international trailer. I think it will be a fine, funny movie loosely based on an old movie called Ghostbusters.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

On topic: I have yet to see any toys shown so far, though I think I may have seen a few LEGO sets of the firehouse. That may be for the original though. I'm sure though that in the coming months plenty of merch will be available.

The film is still four months from hitting screens so yeah, once Batman v Superman and Captain America: Civil War and their merchandising blitzes are out of the way expect to see some new GB stuff hitting shelves.

Edit: poo poo, GB 2016 drops after TMNT 2, Warcraft, Finding Dory, Independence Day and The Secret Life of Pets and will be followed by Star Trek Beyond, Ice Age: Collision Course and Jason Bourne. TMNT 2 should have died down by then but that's still some pretty stiff competition.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 10, 2016

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
will ghostbusters be better than the warcraft movie?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

boom boom boom posted:

I loving hope so, for their sakes.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Well, I think Warcraft looks fantastic and TBQH I've started using people's reaction to it as a barometer as to wether their a lovely person with MRA tendencies or no

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

boom boom boom posted:

not a doubt in my mind it'll be better.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

ALFbrot posted:

Well, I think Warcraft looks fantastic and TBQH I've started using people's reaction to it as a barometer as to wether their a lovely person with MRA tendencies or no

Murlock Rights Advocates?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Murlock Rights Advocates?

Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgl!

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
For me, what's putting me off slightly is that the proton packs and equipment all seem somewhat weightless in those trailers. Maybe there'll be a line about them being some new age lightweight material but i think i remember the originals having some industrial level 'heft' in them. Not that the original guys were in shape or anything like that but there was a level of physical acting that seemed almost janitorial in a sense. These guys were essentially lugging hugeass vacuum cleaners around on their backs and it looked and sounded like effort. I wouldn't be surprised if that was supposed to be the point. They're ghost janitors, cleaning up the spooky poo poo that no-one else wants to deal with.

From the trailer i dont get that, i see people with toys. Which seems to be reinforced by the new team not seeming like they'd be physically strong enough to carry around equipment of the same 'heft' as the original film. Especially with stuff like that slapstick crowdsurfing scene.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Kin posted:

From the trailer i dont get that, i see people with toys. Which seems to be reinforced by the new team not seeming like they'd be physically strong enough to carry around equipment of the same 'heft' as the original film. Especially with stuff like that slapstick crowdsurfing scene.
Leslie Jones could carry all 4 original ghostbusters, and their proton packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I hope this works, I'm on mobile, couldn't find a YouTube link.

Know what the new GB needs? More Janosz.

This is my favourite of the re-edits, holy gently caress.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153586900021633&id=59685491632

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 11, 2016

• Locked thread