Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
also acceptable are hobbies your pets might have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Sadly, my cat passed away last February, so I have no more pets.

Here's my last picture of her.

She was a pretty cool cat though, she would punch other cats in the face when they tried hitting on her!

Dreddout fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 13, 2016

FluffieDuckie

i'm sorry about your kitty :glomp:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie

if you put [img] tags around the address instead of [url] tags the picture will show in your post

FAT32 SHAMER

here is my dog getting scratches

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 13, 2016

FluffieDuckie

:3:

Dreddout

FluffieDuckie posted:

if you put [img] tags around the address instead of [url] tags the picture will show in your post

I tried that, but it just displays a broken link. :shrug:

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

Dreddout posted:

I tried that, but it just displays a broken link. :shrug:

Try replacing "m.imgur.com" with "www.imgur.com".

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FluffieDuckie

FluffieDuckie

look at that formatting. i changed the m to an i and i also had to add .jpg to make it work

FluffieDuckie

computers are hard

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos
Or do a thing that works, I supppooooosssee.

----------------

Dreddout

FluffieDuckie posted:

computers are hard

BBCode is a sorcery I do not understand.

FluffieDuckie

sorry i didnt' mean to show off. i just have extensive cat picture posting experience

Dreddout

FluffieDuckie posted:

sorry i didnt' mean to show off. i just have extensive cat picture posting experience

np, I'm phone posting so it's a pain to go back an edit posts.

FluffieDuckie

no worries. bbcode experience is not actually a prerequisite to byob posting

FluffieDuckie

well heck if you posted a picture from a phone you're WAY ahead of me. i have to stand up and walk to a computer to do that

Dreddout

Tyvm for explaining it :)

FAT32 SHAMER

if you use awful.app or awful.apk you can press and hold on the TextEdit box that you write your post in then press [img] then From Library and it will upload it for you

FluffieDuckie

i literally phone post from my phone's browser. i'm not what you would call an advanced iphone user

bird.

oh. hello again BYOB

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
BYOB
Y Y
O O
BYOB

thanks Manifisto!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

hi brownian motion

i mean not that i speak on behalf of byob or anything

but hello

hi how are you ♥

Jolyne Cujoh

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

If you like to draw then come post in the art thread, it's a good time and you should jump in

I have thought about it but I draw a lot of fanart/stuff with copyrighted characters and also I do not have the motivation/ability to do a drawing every day because I get really self conscious about sharing my work a lot of the time and/or don't feel like doing stuff that's not laying in bed because of sadbrains (which I'm currently seeing a doctor about, it's just slow-going) :ohdear:

FluffieDuckie

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

I have thought about it but I draw a lot of fanart/stuff with copyrighted characters and also I do not have the motivation/ability to do a drawing every day because I get really self conscious about sharing my work a lot of the time and/or don't feel like doing stuff that's not laying in bed because of sadbrains (which I'm currently seeing a doctor about, it's just slow-going) :ohdear:

i sympathize with some of that stuff but have you seen the drivel i'm posting in there?

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

hi eberybody

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

FluffieDuckie

good morning doctor dogballs :wave:

MrWillsauce

what up

Commie NedFlanders

Tusen Takk posted:

here is my dog getting scratches

this dog is in heaven and has a face similar to my dog who also likes getting scratches

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Scaly Haylie

is there a pet pictures thread? i'd like to post my cat, but i'm afraid of disrupting the lurkers.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
*lurkers scatter and dive back into the safety of the ocean*

FluffieDuckie

Lizard Wizard posted:

is there a pet pictures thread? i'd like to post my cat, but i'm afraid of disrupting the lurkers.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765613

it was on page 3.

that's a safe thread for shy lurkers to start out in if they're ready to branch out from this thread

Furia

Is it allowed to talk about your hobbies if you are no longer a lurker/not as much of a lurker as you were before? I don't think my hobbies warrant a whole thread for them

you just have to believe in yourself, there's a little skeleton inside of us all

MrWillsauce

am I allowed to ask what I'm allowed to post in the chat thread? I wanna be sure

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

MrWillsauce posted:

am I allowed to ask what I'm allowed to post in the chat thread? I wanna be sure

you have my approval

Furia

MrWillsauce posted:

Fine!

Jeez.

I'm actually currently between hobbies right now. I'd picked up a hobby but it turned out not to be feasible any longer so I had to drop it.

I liked to carve stuff on wood. No particular reason why. I just had some wood panels and figured I'd make the most of them.

I carved a few things. The one I am most proud of was a wooden dagger I made for my brother when we split apart. It would likely break after first use, but you could do some real damage with it, specially if you went for the head. Then again, it would probably leave residue so I wouldn't advice use.

It made me real sad because not only was I not going to see him again for a long time, but also because I found it in his room after he left :(

I'll post a picture of it when I can.

I tried a few other things after that, but I'm not sure if they would qualify as hobbies either because they didn't pan out or because they don't really count. I'm sure I'll find something eventually. In the meantime, I'm watching youtube videos and playing video-games.

you just have to believe in yourself, there's a little skeleton inside of us all

corn in the fridge

by Shine
where did your brother go

Dilbert Fanclub President

by Reene
i suggest going on nice walks and take pictures. it's like 2 hobbies in one.

----------------

Furia

corn in the fridge posted:

where did your brother go

Malta, if I recall correctly.

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

i suggest going on nice walks and take pictures. it's like 2 hobbies in one.

I thought about that, but I don't think it appeals to me. I like walking but that is not a hobby on it's own, and taking pictures of things is really overdone. Everyone is taking pictures of everything nowadays. It feels like I'd be documenting my own life by proxy, and I just don't think my life is worth documenting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Furia posted:

Malta, if I recall correctly.

I thought about that, but I don't think it appeals to me. I like walking but that is not a hobby on it's own, and taking pictures of things is really overdone. Everyone is taking pictures of everything nowadays. It feels like I'd be documenting my own life by proxy, and I just don't think my life is worth documenting.

there's a real skill in taking good pictures of things that mostly aren't you, and people derive a lot of satisfaction from it. not me though, i just use the auto setting because i'm not good.

hi how are you ♥