Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Tompkins again as Heinie ahhhhh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
This show is art.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
They totally topped last week. Amazing.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Now how about a tag that messes everything up

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Ah of course the kevlar blue morpho outfit!

This is an all time great episode for sure.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
That was amazing. I just watched perfection

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Haha Lambert got locked out, that's perfect.

I'm looking forward to seeing them try to top this in this season's finale, because that was the best episode of the season by a pretty wide margin, and I'm not just saying that because there were 3 separate characters (maybe more that I missed) voiced by PFT but it CERTAINLY HELPED!

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
Top 5 episode

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
That might have been the best venture bros episode ever

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Top five episode easily.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Such a spot-on perfect Goodfellas homage, and a perfect episode in general.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God drat that was great. Next week is gonna be interesting.

Also where was Vatred and it's odd to see Brock the ball like that.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Top five or best ever? Personally I thought this was the weakest episode this season. Not terrible just average, and not that funny. The previous episode was way better.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

null posted:

Top five or best ever? Personally I thought this was the weakest episode this season. Not terrible just average, and not that funny. The previous episode was way better.
I liked the episode, but I liked last episode more.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Haven't seen the episode but the shirt is sick as hell.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Consummate Professional posted:

Haven't seen the episode but the shirt is sick as hell.
Yeah I ordered that poo poo right quick

Was kinda surprised it wasn't the one 21 was wearing though

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
My loving DVR decided not to record this episode because it's a loving rear end in a top hat. It's a cyst on a loving rear end in a top hat. It's a dangerous-looking polyp on the inside margin of the cyst on the loving rear end in a top hat. So now I have to wait until 3:30 AM CST to watch.

But by the sounds of it, it looks like I've missed something amazing. The reaction I'm seeing reminds me of my reaction the first time I saw "The Lepidopterists."

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

null posted:

If you love the show, you'll love the "aha" feelings you will feel continuously.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

null posted:

Yeah, right there with ya - surprised to see anyone say that. Maybe it's partially because I've never seen Goodfellas? I understood the tropes of the storytelling form, though. Thought it was an interesting episode but there have been like 3 this season I've liked way more.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
I know we're a ways into the season now, but I could not possibly be more thrilled that Paul F. Tompkins is Blue Morpho and Hal Lublin is Wide Whale.:patriot: I'm a big Thrilling Adventure Hour fan, so this season is particularly special to me.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

JT Jag posted:

Yeah I ordered that poo poo right quick

Was kinda surprised it wasn't the one 21 was wearing though

21's Clamity Conference shirt was part of last season's shirt club.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Battle Axe surviving is a nice treat, considering she wasn't on the list and all.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah this was really great. Also, loving 21 is buff as hell now and a bad rear end.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I knew the minute I saw 21 in a cast they were going to pull a Bundy. The Silence of the Lambs bit was great and the Buffalo Bill voice was just icing on the cake.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
It's really kind of cool that 21 got this crazy character arc from being completely incompetent to running around murdering people and flying cars being a bad rear end.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Not only did he cement his wife's position as leader of the council.

Not only did he kill one of his enemies and get away with it completely clean.

Not only did he boost his own standing in the Guild.

HE STILL ARCHED VENTURE BY KEEPING CHRISTOPHER LAMBERT FROM HIS PARTY.

Yeah, you're right, Monarch. That was a good day. I bet there's gonna be some Farmer's Daughter tonight.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
My god, they brought in the Berserk deaths. That is some deep, deep nerd right there. http://listsalad.com/science/extreme-5-incredibly-weirdest-deaths/ (#3)

Actually surprised in retrospect they haven't named a character Evil Otto or some variation on it.

elentar fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Mar 14, 2016

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Phenomenally good episode.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Solaris Knight posted:

Yeah, Rusty isn't inherently incompetent or evil, just that in some ways he's still in the super science niche the previous Ventures carved out for him, and unlike JJ, who was able to adapt to the time, Rusty would rather stick to his (ray)guns and do things the way his dad did.
He is pretty decent in domains that are totally banned like cloning and necro-science. I bet he could made a pretty lethal the-Stand Level virus. You know the weird "you won't get a nobel or money for that" part of super-science. JJ and his father were just better in the "lazers&rocket science and robot and mechanized poo poo" part of super science. Also apps for JJ.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That episode was the bees knees, baby.

Also it was kinda sweet seeing Red Mantle humoring poor ol' Dragoon who seems to be going senile(r)

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Jerusalem posted:

That episode was the bees knees, baby.

Also it was kinda sweet seeing Red Mantle humoring poor ol' Dragoon who seems to be going senile(r)

He has brain damage as a result of suffocating in his mask on the flight to meet with the OSI.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Kesper North posted:

Not only did he cement his wife's position as leader of the council.

Not only did he kill one of his enemies and get away with it completely clean.

Not only did he boost his own standing in the Guild.

HE STILL ARCHED VENTURE BY KEEPING CHRISTOPHER LAMBERT FROM HIS PARTY.

Yeah, you're right, Monarch. That was a good day. I bet there's gonna be some Farmer's Daughter tonight.

Wait how did Monarch keep CL from the party?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

WarpedLichen posted:

Wait how did Monarch keep CL from the party?

Chris Lambert got stuck outside during the lockdown after Rusty got shot.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Kesper North posted:

Chris Lambert got stuck outside during the lockdown after Rusty got shot.

I thought Lambert got locked got because nobody was manning security since Brock went to have some kinky times. It makes more sense in my head that Lambert has been trying to get in the whole time rather than right after the shot (and missing the eclipse as a result).

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

WarpedLichen posted:

I thought Lambert got locked got because nobody was manning security since Brock went to have some kinky times. It makes more sense in my head that Lambert has been trying to get in the whole time rather than right after the shot (and missing the eclipse as a result).

it made sense to me because celebrities make it a habit to be "fashionably late"

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
As soon as 21 said he left the Blue Morpho suit with a tailor that specialized in "protagonist/antagonist tailoring" I knew it was gonna be Enzo. :v:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm guessing the "no body" rule is in effect with 21's kill.

We saw him bury the spider arms, not the guy.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'm guessing the "no body" rule is in effect with 21's kill.

We saw him bury the spider arms, not the guy.

I was just about to post this, there's no way 21 killed that guy, he just took his spider arms and told him never to show his face at the guild again.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Man, I could listen to the characters narrate to themselves about the world they live in for hours. At the very least the Venture Brothers could survive as a bizarre little podcast.

Also, I never noticed Dragoon's eyes were slits until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I find it interesting Gary was kidnapped so young and lived with the Monarch, only to apparently move back in with his mother in Hate Floats. Either his mom had shared custody with the Monarch or Gary just showed up one day with all his comic crap and resumed his life after the Monarch wound up in prison.